Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Dark Lord: Rebirth  (Read 9612 times)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Lord: Rebirth
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2019, 09:28:45 am »

(Okay last one before the game starts!)

Choose one:

A: Customize starting area: Choose terrain, natural resources (one or two can be in abundance), and up to either a large town or a small castle. Include your idea as part of your vote.
(Otherwise you will start by a village)

B.
A rare Tier 3 artifact. Made with semi magical materials, you will start with an artifact that can have to three enchantments laid on it at once. Include your idea as part of your vote. Adamantine is an example of a tier 3 material, but the list of materials isn't final yet so if you have an idea go for it.

C: Power of Prediction: Gives bonus dice to write-ins. 1 die is given for a sentence or two. 2 dice for a good write in or multiple 1 die responses. 3 dice for a really strong write in or multiple 2 dice responses. 4 dice for a truly exceptional write in or multiple 3 dice responses. This represents your character analyzing various outcomes and decisions and deciding on the best choice. Your write in does not have to be chosen as the character's action to gain dice.
    You can also predict threats, actions or enemies might take, or consequences that might arrive during your quest. If I decide to use your threat prediction, you will receive bonus dice for the next turn, with more dice given based on the severity of the threat. If you defeat the threat without needing the bonus dice, it turns into extra experience.

(Authority is winning at the moment, but you can still change your minds until tonight.)
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2019, 10:04:41 am »

Well, considering Authority is big on write-ins, C seems like a pretty big deal.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2019, 10:43:19 am »

Well, considering Authority is big on write-ins, C seems like a pretty big deal.

What's the shadows choices?

Also, Power of Perception.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2019, 10:47:53 am »

I agree with this, though I feel like some context on the dice system may be needed. It may have already been explained, but if it was, I don’t remember.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2019, 11:25:37 am »

What's the shadows choices?

Also, Power of Perception.

Pretty much the same, though your artifact choice is more permanent.

I agree with this, though I feel like some context on the dice system may be needed. It may have already been explained, but if it was, I don’t remember.

Fair point. If the action could possibly succeed or fail, I’ll roll for it based on relevant attribute + skill. + 4 dice would be a big bonus to an action, but you would have had to make a great plan to get that bonus anyway. I’ll aim to have the average bonus to aim around +2 dice.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 11:49:33 am by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2019, 08:34:45 pm »

C
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2019, 09:59:41 pm »

C
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2019, 09:54:37 am »

C

Hotfire90

« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2019, 11:33:05 am »

C

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2019, 12:40:57 pm »

Looks like it's pretty unanimous for C.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2019, 09:03:43 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

A flash of light blinds you, you feel a mantle of power drape over you, suffusing into your very bones. Malenias is Authority, power given and taken at her command. You stand before her now, in a throne room of marble, her now golden form seated on a golden throne. Jewels and gems glow with her power. She stands and approaches you, a crown in hand. Three spires there are, on the right green jade filled with the energies of life. On the left is a spire of black obsidian, crackling with death and shadow. The center spire, standing above the others , formed of adamantine. It exudes a fierce harsh light. It is will.

She places the crown on your head.

The light dissipates, and you collapse to the floor.

You’re alive again.

You feel … pretty good. You are wearing a simple black robe. You turn your hands over in wonder. They lack the callouses and ink stains from a long career scribbling words onto paper. But they are yours, undeniably.

You look up. Before you stands a man with a wide grin on his face, messy black beard and wild eyes. He wears an elaborate black robe, with a steel amulet surrounded by spikes laying upon his chest. He also has a silver ring on a finger, and a steel dagger at his hip. The amulet can absorb magical energy not cast by the wearer, while the ring and dagger are unenchanted. You aren’t quite sure how you know that, but you can almost see them glow slightly with … potential perhaps.

Three black robed and hooded figures stand behind the man, and they are currently staring at you in shock.  The man turns to them,
“You see! I have called forth the Dark Lady Naomi from the very depths of hell into my service!” He turns to you, a look of triumph in his eyes. “Dark Lady Naomi, you are bound to me, Markos Severius! Serve me well and I will allow you a place at my side as the Dark Lord of Caldiwan!

Well, as far as you can tell you have no compulsion to serve him. He is sweating heavily, you note. If it is from exertion or fear you are not sure, but he is watching to see how you respond, a bit of nervousness creeping into his eyes. You glance around yourself, and take in the dark room lit by flickering torch fire. The room is made of stone blocks, rising up for another story. At your feet is a broken jar, leaving pieces of obsidian scattered across the ground. A simple ritual circle surrounds you. Whatever power it had was lost or used when you arrived.

Nothing about Markos Severius strikes you as a particularly accomplished mage, and you don’t think you want to serve someone you know nothing about. He waits for a response, however.

What do you do?

A. Best to take the initiative. Act the part of a summoned, loyal servant, and try to kiss his ring. Enchant with a debilitating effect, and show him who the real Dark Lord is.(Will need write in enchantment)
B. Ask him questions about what exactly is going on.
C. Say nothing and see what he does.
D. Something else?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2019, 09:13:21 pm »

D.

Get up, turn toward this dumbass, and tell him:
"No. While I appreciate that you brought me back from... wherever, I don't have time for your frippery. I have a world to improve."
And stroll out. Having enchanted our cloak to turn away any strikes the fools around us may make at us, of course.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2019, 09:19:25 pm »

A - Enchant the ring with a mind debilitating enchantment which makes him trust us, and want to keep the ring on.

We can "serve" him for now as an advisor.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2019, 09:45:22 pm »

A - Enchant the ring with a mind debilitating enchantment which makes him trust us, and want to keep the ring on.

We can "serve" him for now as an advisor.
This will be good, maybe the others will follow him

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2019, 10:14:09 pm »

As distasteful as it is to play this fools servant, we don't know how long we've been gone, or where we are.
We should play along for now, enchanting his ring to make him weak willed and dependent on us. Then if Markos seems willing start asking questions to familiarize ourselves with the situation, acting like a servant who wants to be able to perform her duty.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 11:12:11 pm by Sudurandom »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12