Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Dark Lord: Rebirth  (Read 9596 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Lord: Rebirth
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2019, 08:58:40 pm »

C

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2019, 09:43:52 pm »

C, with a side of B (which it kinda already has, but hey, I want to make my understanding of it clear).
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2019, 09:57:41 pm »

+1 for c

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2019, 07:05:58 am »

C
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2019, 09:22:56 am »

4 C votes quote +1 to this if future C votes occur. Hopefully this makes it easier for the GM

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2019, 09:43:53 am »

C, with a side of B (which it kinda already has, but hey, I want to make my understanding of it clear).

Also +1 to C, with a side of B.

Hotfire90

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2019, 01:05:14 pm »

C

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2019, 01:22:04 pm »

I actually kinda wanted to go for A, but I'm happy with C.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2019, 09:23:11 am »

You were so close.

In the end, you could not overcome that base desire for power that is in all mortal creatures. You thought that the Valiant would join you. Though they listened to your words, that now was the time to create a brighter future for everyone, their hearts were not swayed. They were already praised and riches lavished upon them, they saw no need to risk that. Life was good for them. Perhaps that was wisdom for them. Perhaps they saw where that road leads, and they had seen too much of the horrors of war to risk another.

Without the support of most of the Valiant, your reforms fell on deaf ears or were actively resisted. Some compromises were accepted, but not enough. You could see the potential wasted, how much greater you could all be if there were sacrifices made now.

With each day that passed, the High Lords and kings resisted you more boldly, with some sending just a fifth of the agreed upon tax.You appealed to the goddess yourself, praying that she would soften their hearts and let see wisdom. But she was concerned with regathering strength for the next fight, and most of the world was already worshipping her. She saw no need to have another fight. She told you to wait, to have patience. Maybe she saw what was to come and try to spare you that fate.

The High Lords then sent a message, to surrender the Seal of Authority for they had lost confidence in you. A few High Lords assembled an army to see that request fulfilled. Perhaps it was pride that lead you to refuse, but refuse you did. You called upon what allies in the valiant that you had left. Prince Albright joined you, as did the dwarf Ironheart and the High Mage Quoras.

Your force easily outmaneuvered and defeated the High Lords army. You didn’t chase down those who fled, and you didn’t kill any of the High Lords. But it embarrassed and angered them terribly.They demanded that Lustria strip you of her Seal. Anxious to depart soon, she agreed to keep the peace. The Seal dissolved upon your chest, leaving you powerless.

The High Lords came for you then. You could have fled, you suppose. But perhaps some desire to see Justice come for the High Lords lead you to surrendering yourself to the host that came to Applegate, your hometown and now a bustling city rich in trade. There you tested your reforms and invested your riches, and it showed in happy children, and intelligent youth who caused no end of headaches but were so bright with potential. It had taken hard work, and you had little luxury. But you were satisfied with the work you did, and seeing the success of your people made your heart glad.

PAIN

Your mousy hair drifted past your face as you rode from Applegate, your hands clutching at your blue robes, stained with ink. Albright rode next to you, his armor gleaming and his face concerned. He wanted to fight, but you both knew that the numbers favored the High Lords, and you wanted to spare your city the pain and destruction of a siege.

Lord Duane was at the head of the pack of Lords come to see you to the White Spire. Lord Cenowas stood next to him, his loyal attack dog. Lord Duane’s face was impassive, while Lord Cenowas bore a vicious grin.

ANGER

The arrow had flown straight into Albright’s eye, He cried out and toppled from his horse. You tried to whirl around your horse and flee, but men surrounded you and tore you from your horse. Lord Cenowas lead the charge to the open gates of the city. They had marched their army a long way, and Applegate was very rich. They weren’t about to let your surrender deny them their plunder. Your friend Ironheart tried to lead an evacuation away from the destruction, but they were trapped and cut down so that no witnesses of the High Lords treachery survived.

And so the city burned and its cries silenced, as the host that destroyed your home led you in chains away from the burning Applegate, and to the White Spire to face Judgement.

At the Trail before the goddess you were bound and gagged, accused of being an agent of the Titans and seeking to use your authority to dominate the world. Applegate and those Valient who stood with you were deceived by your wickedness, and they were forced to storm the city and put down Albright and Ironheart to bring you to justice. The losses were tragic, they said, but necessary to end the corruption. They recommended that Naomi, the formerly Sealed Administrator, be cleansed by fire, so that the last of the Titans’ darkness be eradicated. Throughout the trail Lustria did not say a word or look at you, did not meet your desperate gaze. The High Lords finished, and waited for the goddess’s judgement. Lustria closed her eyes, and said,

“So be it.”

Lustria departed the next day with her angels.

The day after you were executed.

Your story has not ended there, however.

You drift in a field of stars, shining gently and steadily. From this far away, everything looks peaceful. Maybe one day you could forget all the pain, all the anguish and just find peace here among the stars. But you find that no matter how much time has passed, you can’t get rid of the anger that flames at your heart.

What would you give for vengeance, child of light?”

You are no longer alone. Three forms there are. One is a rolling mass of thunder, full of hatred and vengeance. The other is a woman made of marble, her face hard and imperious.  Upon her brow a crown of gold, adorned with 9 gems. The last was shadow and darkness, formed around 2 green eyes that watched you appraisingly.

Lies have brought you before us. You have been cast from the light, yet you do not truly belong in the darkness. They will regret discarding you so readily.”

CHOOSE:

Ragaros the Anger of Titans: Wield the raw power of the Titans. This exponentially increases your strength and magical abilities. While you wouldn’t have as much terrifying power as a Sword Saint or High Mage would have had, combined with your administrator abilities you will be well rounded and powerful Dark Lord backed up with a great army. Good for multiple choice as you don’t need to be as creative with this much power.

Malenias the Authority of Titans: Command the forces of the Titans. This allows you to near instantly enchant objects you touch. You will need high quality goods to make permanent enchantments and awe inspiring objects of power, but this makes you very adaptable to any situation, able to switch enchantments on the fly and able to improve the combat power of your host if you can afford the goods, which goes very well with your administrator ability! However, keep in mind that this option will require write-ins to fully utilize. I won’t restrict what effects you can apply, just that the strength of the enchantment will depend on the material/object you are using and your own level of experience.

Nypherio The Shadow of Titans:Walk in the darkness  of the Titans. Grants you the ability to see past the deceptions of mortals and into their heart. Can travel through shadows and change appearance at will. Will turn you into a social monster, and goes very well with your administrator ability, granting you bonuses to even the most elaborate plots. This will do fine with multiple choice picks but will shine with write ins as well.

(All three of these options are very powerful, so base your choice more what type of game you are interested in playing rather than what you think is most optimal. (Unless of course being most optimal IS what is fun for you!) Let me know if you have any questions, and feel free to discuss your choice!)

Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2019, 09:41:41 am »

Those are all tempting options. But I think I'll vote shadow.
Lies brought about our fall. This will let us see the truth and become who we need to be to root out the corruption.

Edit: changing my vote.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 01:52:47 pm by Sudurandom »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2019, 09:42:26 am »

Nypherio

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2019, 10:24:39 am »

Authority or Shadows. Anger just doesn’t seem to fit.

Basically, Authority makes us Iron Man (and/or let’s us make others Iron Man) and Shadows makes us Batman. Both with a nice helping of Lex Luther, of course (different parts of him, mind you).

I’d tend toward Authority. Combine it with some good industrialization and we’ll be able to make even our lowest soldiers equal to our enemies champions. We can have a fortress-factory. It’ll be fun!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2019, 10:43:23 am »

Yeah I'd be good with Shadows or Authority as well. Not exactly sure which one I want to pick though.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2019, 10:48:39 am »

I think Shadows, being able to see through lies will be helpful

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2019, 11:18:27 am »

I suppose it more depends on how we want to go about things. If we use Authority for making ourselves an army, then it's going to be harder to convince others we're in the right, but if we use it more for the support of others instead we won't be getting as much benefit out of it but oue intentions will be hardee to see as ill.

Meanwhile with Shadow it more depends on whether we focus on making friends or tearing down enemies. There's also the fact that without shadows we can't truly tell if our potential allies are truly our allies.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12