Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Dark Lord: Rebirth  (Read 9599 times)

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Lord: Rebirth
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2019, 10:49:20 am »

Neat. Now then, how to get out without risking large amounts of bodily harm.

Enchant the ring to teleport us as far as we can go---this guy is really not necessary to stay near. If we get spotted, we'll have to use our robes. Enchant them as a last resort---we'll use a mirage enchantment, that makes us appear to all magical and nonmagical senses to be somewhere else. If our enemy never misses, we will never be where they're aiming.

This would seem to be our best possibility---just up and leave. We can always come back to the tomb later if we'd like to, I dunno, make it our base of operations, have a weepy plot moment over the tomb of Albright, whatever.

+1

IMHO we should Leave and Look for a master Smith or Machines builder. If we can have a master Smith build US a master foundry we can Pop Out high quality equipment and then enchant IT quickly. Heck If we enchant every piece of Equipment a Smith has WE might Not need enchantments because the Smith himself will create masterful weapons.
+1
+1. If we can just get exponential growth going, we'll be unstoppable.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2019, 11:56:09 am »

Enchant the ring with Shadow-Walk, then take us and the apprentice through the shadows. Far away hopefully.

Note, Shadow-Walk let's us teleport between shadows, and know where any shadows in range are.

I'm all for actually finding someone, but the Apprentice we grabbed is the one who grimaced. Mostly cause they seem like they don't like him. Once we are a few miles away, say 20 and in a forest, we can ask him about the current situation in the land.

Tier 1 stuff isn't the best, but it will do.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2019, 05:20:11 pm »

Oh please, guys, you have Glass and myself on this team. Exploiting magical rules (me) to achieve magical industrial renaissance (Glass) is practically guaranteed.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2019, 08:37:53 pm »

Oh please, guys, you have Glass and myself on this team. Exploiting magical rules (me) to achieve magical industrial renaissance (Glass) is practically guaranteed.

chubby has no idea what he's just done
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2019, 09:17:02 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

(+3 bonus from Write-ins, +2 threat)

You glance around the room, ring in hand. There’s nothing for you here. You enchant your ring for short range teleportation, as a quick test of a longer range teleport fails to produce results. You might have to teleport to places you have been to yourself, you reason. You prepare an mirage on your cloak. You take a deep breathe, and move.

Learned Short-Ranged Teleport
Mirage Enchantment

You teleport into the hallway. You sense more than hear the archer turn around, her arrow already drawing back, but you disappear in a flash once again, this time into the atrium of the tomb. Another flash and you are outside on a darkened night, and you teleport away again into the forest. You are gone.

Gain 30 Xp! 30/100

For a while you flash between trees, covering large amounts of ground. You feel powerful and fast. You teleport your way to a hill to get your bearings. The visibility is poor, but perhaps a mile away is a large village, sitting in the middle of a large clearing of the forest. A small stone keep squats at the center on a small mound, with the village scattered around it, and fields of crops around it.

You make your way over there. The fields are full of crops that reach into the darkened sky. The yield isn’t as great as what you had seen with careful management and blessings from the goddess, but the village should doing well for itself. You explore the village, everyone apparently asleep at this time. You come to a small smithy, with a sheltered furnace. A few tools lie around, and a chest lies in the covered workspace next to the house. You could probably use the tools for enchantment.

What do you do?
A. Wait for the sun to come up and interact with the villagers. (Write in plan, disguise and goals of investigation.)

B. Mess around with the tools in the smithy with enchantments (Likely more tools in the chest, ingots of metal).

C.
Go to the “keep” and cause havoc/investigate there (Write in plan/goals).

D. Something Else?

Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2019, 09:52:25 pm »

Hm....self-reliance, anyone?

B (sort of): Reenchant our ring with invisibility or a chameleon effect if pure invisibility isn't possible. Go see if we can't find a small cart and enchant it for self-locomotion, then borrow some of the essential tools of the smith's trade and also a few other tools--hoes, some seeds, a shovel, an axe or two, everything we can. Then, vanish into the forest somewhere.

This would result in us setting up our own little completely isolated self-reliant place where we could slowly begin building up enchantable items.

Alternatively, we could wait and introduce us to the lord of this particular castle, convince him of our immense trustworthiness and then basically just kind of take over, one little bit at a time.

A. Go to the blacksmith's shop and see if we can't acquire a ring or some other easily-concealed piece of metal. If we can, enchant that to magically enhance our apparent trustworthiness, while altering the ring to make our plain robes appear to be normal apparel for a poor scribe. We'll then proceed direct to the castle and introduce ourselves as a trained scribe, who recently completed her apprenticeship and who wishes for a position suitable to her talents. Court scribe (keeps track of courtly business), note-taker, treasury administrator, whatever.
Personally I favor the second one.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2019, 10:30:17 pm »

Enchant 2 tools, one to instill loyalty like the old ring and one to detect evil.  We should see how evil we and our enchantments are.

My plan would be to make iron loyalty rings with the blacksmith (after he picks up the tool) and start passing them out to the villagers, then get into the keep to grab some quality items.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 29, 2019, 06:16:27 am »

B (sort of): Reenchant our ring with invisibility or a chameleon effect if pure invisibility isn't possible. Go see if we can't find a small cart and enchant it for self-locomotion, then borrow some of the essential tools of the smith's trade and also a few other tools--hoes, some seeds, a shovel, an axe or two, everything we can. Then, vanish into the forest somewhere.
+1 For some reason the idea of us being a hermit making magic stuff in the woods sounds like fun.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 29, 2019, 06:54:32 am »

+1 For some reason the idea of us being a hermit making magic stuff in the woods sounds like fun.
+1 this does sound pretty fun, plus We could try enchanting snimals or plsts or corpses and do experiments with those,, like enchanting animals do we can sense their senses, enchanting plants to control their growth, ect

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2019, 07:40:56 am »

+1 this does sound pretty fun, plus We could try enchanting snimals or plsts or corpses and do experiments with those,, like enchanting animals do we can sense their senses, enchanting plants to control their growth, ect
+1 Enchant the Village Wells Bucket to induce a slight likeliness to react friendly to Strangers with each time one Touch es the bucket or Drinks from the well.

We should never Show Our face to anyone but people we can totally trust. Let US infilitrate all Kingdoms and destroy them from within
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 07:42:53 am by Detoxicated »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 29, 2019, 07:49:41 am »

+1 Enchant the Village Wells Bucket to induce a slight likeliness to react friendly to Strangers with each time one Touch es the bucket or Drinks from the well.

We should never Show Our face to anyone but people we can totally trust. Let US infilitrate all Kingdoms and destroy them from within
Not destroy, control. Destruction without control is useles. With luck we don’t need to destroy anything, just over time gain control be being friendly so they want us in control

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 29, 2019, 09:26:04 am »

Not destroy, control. Destruction without control is useles. With luck we don’t need to destroy anything, just over time gain control be being friendly so they want us in control
Keep in mind that we also need to create a "Everything is normal" enchantment to place around an enchanted object we leave behind. One that can fool items that don't have multiple detect ranks. And even then, it should affect anyone who doesn't have a safety against such effects.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 29, 2019, 09:47:15 am »

I guess I will vote for my own hermit proposal.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 29, 2019, 11:16:05 am »

+1 to Madman's hermit plan. Not sure what I think of the various add-ons by voters.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2019, 11:16:48 am »

+1 to Madman's hermit plan. Not sure what I think of the various add-ons by voters.
+1 to this.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12