Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 64546 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Old News, New Fights
« Reply #510 on: August 12, 2019, 08:10:37 pm »

"Do you live here or are you just another wandering killer robot like everyone else?"

"I'm just trying to survive, and keep getting attacked by random things."

Try to negotiate my way loose while trying to get my legs free.  If negotiations break down, spend five tallies to get body to +3, get my leg between its legs, and hope it can take the ensuing blow like a man.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 08:44:33 pm by Devastator »

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 12, 2019, 08:42:44 pm »

Try to shake the ringing off, then rush SE around the corner of the building, releasing my hostage. Try to use my charm to convince the lady to switch sides.

"Señorita, I apologize for being so rough with you. You would be willing to give up the one who sent you? It sounds like you will need a faction to help you... Perhaps if you assist my good friend here, they would be willing to give you what you want? Before you give up the one who sent you, perhaps you could give me your name?"

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
[/quote]

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Marie Wojicski (click to show/hide)
Try to make more ammo

PraiseTalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Amy Roberts (click to show/hide)
Drive down to The gated community

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 13, 2019, 06:31:36 am »

"I'm up for some entertainment, lets follow them and watch the action."
Follow after the cyber animals, close enough to see where they go but not close enough that they notice us.
Spoiler: Dr. Goldstine (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Irma Rama (click to show/hide)

((You don't want to stay for the party?))

The pistol will come in handy, but Irma doesn't want to waste bullets on these... people. Whatever is going on here doesn't involve her, and she has more pressing matters to attend to. Unfortunately as she turns around Irma sees a fearsome dog-mech. This doesn't look like something she can avoid.
Just then, she hears the roar of a truck engine coming from around the corner of the building. Thinking quickly, she comes up with a really, really dumb plan. Irma tunes into the dog's frequency and attempts to deafen it.

"Ha! This is what was sent to hunt me down? A stupid mutt? Why don't you go chase your tail you slobbering fool."

When that truck gets close enough, start to run, making the cyberbeast chase her. Run across the street, towards the motorbike, and time it so that the truck hits the dog. All the while, try to deafen the dog with taunting and white noise.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Everything is gone to the dogs...
« Reply #516 on: August 15, 2019, 06:32:00 pm »

Walt Labs
Try to bring the motorbike to Helen without damaging it, using my mandibles to grab it
Try to shake the ringing off, then rush SE around the corner of the building, releasing my hostage. Try to use my charm to convince the lady to switch sides.

"Señorita, I apologize for being so rough with you. You would be willing to give up the one who sent you? It sounds like you will need a faction to help you... Perhaps if you assist my good friend here, they would be willing to give you what you want? Before you give up the one who sent you, perhaps you could give me your name?"
When that truck gets close enough, start to run, making the cyberbeast chase her. Run across the street, towards the motorbike, and time it so that the truck hits the dog. All the while, try to deafen the dog with taunting and white noise.
[Helen rolled 2+4+1body=7]
[El Tigre rolled 3+1+2body=6]
[El Tigre rolled 5+1+1empathy-1ringing=6]
[Irma rolled 4+4+0body=8]
[Irma rolled 6+6+2weird=14]
The truck hurtles past the lab. As it does, Irma darts in front of it, the vicious cyberdog at her heels. She blasts it with disorienting static and it loses control right in the path of the truck. There's a crunch and the dog is smashed to pieces. The drivers of the truck don't even seem to notice, they keep on trucking, quickly driving out of sight. Irma picks herself off the ground, where she leapt. He knees are grazed.

Sandra, in her huge millipede robot morph grasps the motorbike and begins to drag it to where Helen is. Meanwhile El Tigre is shaking his head, trying to remove the ringing but it just gets worse. He begins to talk to the woman, but his words come out muddled and slurred. She sees the huge millipede grab her motorbike, and screams "Get off of that!" She draws her sword and points it at the wrestler. "My name is Dulcamara, and I am going to bring the Tiger to Ipswich in one piece or two. Step away from my bike, robot, or I'll cut his head off here and now."

El Tigre gained +2 tallies for critical failure.
Irma has gained condition: grazed knees.

Gated Community
Try to make more ammo
[Marie rolled 5+4+1wits+1tools=11]
[Amy rolled 4+4+0wits+1truck=9]
Marie begins work in the mobile forge part of the truck, using her metalwork tools. The road is bumpy, but the truck's suspension is great. She pours out a fresh cast of shells made to fit her pipe gun and sets to work filling them with gunpowder, and sealing up the ends with the primers. Over the course of the journey she works up 6 more bullets.

Meanwhile, Amy drives past the assorted robots, humans, mutants, and into the thick woods that have overgrown the suburban area to the south. She smashes through the trees and eventually emerges outside a large gated community. There are armed guards beyond the fence: grey-faced men and women with sharp implements, a few guns. They seem surprised by the arrival of a truck outside their gate.

Cow Tower -> Cathedral
"I'm up for some entertainment, lets follow them and watch the action."
Follow after the cyber animals, close enough to see where they go but not close enough that they notice us.
[Goldstine rolled 2+1+1body=4]
Goldstine jogs after the cyberbeasts. He runs across a long road bridge over the bloated river. By the time he gets to the other side, he's in the shadow of a cathedral and there is no sign of cyberbeasts. All that running, however, has made him hungry.

Goldstine gains +1 tally for critical failure.
Goldstine gains condition: hunger.

Allotment
Let's go check out those plants to the north. Use my Whiskers to alert me to any danger so I can warn the others.
[Theodore rolled 6+1+2weird=9]
Theodore, Timmy & Viktor stroll back among the high towers of the city. They come across another green patch. Clearly once an allotment, the large square of rotten sheds and collapsed fences and trellises is covered in rampant weeds. Many of the weeds have flowers in full bloom. Some of the vegetables that once grew here have survived and in one corner there is a small thicket of asparagus spears.

Theodore wiggles his whiskers, to try to sense any further dangers. It seems safe, almost eerily quiet. He catches a sense of mass movement in the air currents faintly to the east. Must be some distance. His sense of what it could be clouds as thick pollen in the area settles on his whiskers.

"NOTHING TO KILL HERE," Viktor remarks.

Theodore has gained condition: pollen on whiskers.

Dump
Not particularly inclined to stick around in this place, Issac decides to head back the way he came, with the intention of washing off the worst of the gunk in the river.
[Isaac rolled 5+3+3wits=11]
Isaac manages to retrace his steps and return to the area around the dump. There he washes the worst of the mud off. As he's cleaning himself, he hears the sound of a vehicle cut through the quiet. It's coming from north, in the direction of the gated community.

Cromer Pier
“Sounds like a good deal to me.
One other question, though: these guys-” (gestures at the other Keep people) “-don’t, or didn’t, think cryo was a thing, and yet here we all are. Do any of you have any info on where and how communications on that broke down?”
[Amoretto rolled 4+1+1empathy+1walt=7]
Frost smiles thinly. "The deep work we did on cryogenics was fundamentally sound. While other companies submerged corpses in liquid nitrogen, we used a blood-replacement system to avoid organ damage. It was shown, comprehensibly, that the deep freeze method used by other companies was fatal, but there were good reasons why we weren't ready to show our full blood-replacement serum to the public."

The other man in the scarf looks over at Frost and grunts.

"Indeed we still consider these propriety. The world may have ended but Walt Labs continues our great work. Darrin, we have a position open for you in this brave new world. Do you want to do cutting edge science again?"

Chemical Plant
"Do you live here or are you just another wandering killer robot like everyone else?"

"I'm just trying to survive, and keep getting attacked by random things."

Try to negotiate my way loose while trying to get my legs free.  If negotiations break down, spend five tallies to get body to +3, get my leg between its legs, and hope it can take the ensuing blow like a man.
[Sandeep rolled 3+2+0empathy-2hunters=3]
[Sandeep rolled 6+5+3body-1pinned=13]
"Ha,", says Troll, "Lo I am but here to Kudos gain, yon fleshling!" He lifts his foot to stamp on Sandeep's face.

With immense strength and alacrity, Sandeep whips his foot up, crunching it between Troll's legs. The thing has no pain response but it does knock the thing back. Sandeep scrabbles to his feet. Troll playfully twirls his bone club.

Sandeep gains +1 tally for critical failure.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 08:34:51 pm by notquitethere »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Crunch point
« Reply #517 on: August 15, 2019, 06:49:42 pm »

put the bike down for now, as close to Helen as I can get it, then ask the woman “What is Ipswich and why are you bringing him there? We can come with you if you don’t kill him. One of us is damaged and needs a vehicle, can she ride with you?”

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 15, 2019, 07:06:07 pm »

A vehicle? That was quicker than Issac expected.

Issac heads back to the Gated Community to ask the locals about what is going on.

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 07:48:47 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 15, 2019, 08:27:41 pm »

Walt Labs
put the bike down for now, as close to Helen as I can get it, then ask the woman “What is Ipswich and why are you bringing him there? We can come with you if you don’t kill him. One of us is damaged and needs a vehicle, can she ride with you?”
[Sandra rolled 2+3+1empathy+1allies=7]
Dulcamara eyes up the two huge robots besides her, and looks at El Tigre. She doesn't fancy her odds. "Ipswich is a short drive south of here. An old friend of the Tiger wants to meet him. It's easier if he's alive. I can drive him and one other on the bike, but it'll be dangerous and slow with so many."

Gated Community
Issac heads back to the Gated Community to ask the locals about what is going on.
Isaac heads quickly up to Tuckswood. He sees outside the closed main gates, a huge truck has pulled up, idling. He doesn't think that they've seen him approach. Inside, he can see the residents eye the truck cautiously and Father Michael begin to approach the gates.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 15, 2019, 08:38:13 pm »

”There is strength in numbers, and the Church of New Millenium is west, so we should be fine if we don’t head there...if you were taking Tiger with you to meet his friend, why did you threaten to kill him just now?”
Spoiler: Sandra (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 08:44:20 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 15, 2019, 08:41:14 pm »

Looked like this... Was a job for diplomacy! In other words, a job for someone who was a bit less of a sarcastic know-it-all asshole.

Issac decided to keep his distance from the truck, but would take a moment to look it over to see what he could discern about it by observation.

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 15, 2019, 08:51:51 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Darrin thinks for a moment, before turning to Cass.
"Do you think you can get back to the Keep alright without me? I can put my skills to use better with the Lab, and I can probably act as a liaison for the Keep as well."
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 15, 2019, 08:58:55 pm »

"An old...friend? No... I lost all my friends on that night."

El Tigre looks at Helen.

"Señorita, are you okay to travel south? I wouldn't want to further damage your carapacho with an uneccessary detour."

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 15, 2019, 09:15:42 pm »

Spoiler: Irma Rama (click to show/hide)

"Holy fuck, did you guys just see that?!"

Seeing everyone is distracted, sneak SE to Thorny Industrial Estate and then to the Stepping Stones. Irma has a radio tower to find.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44