Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 64665 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Reversals
« Reply #300 on: July 02, 2019, 04:09:03 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gather some of the higher-quality scrap metal, preferably some that can fit relatively comfortably in the cart.
(Also: when I was talking about making bullets, I got confused and forgot that modern bullets have the explosive part as part of them. I was thinking of the projectile itself, the part that gets shot out.)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Collateral Damage
« Reply #301 on: July 02, 2019, 04:13:15 pm »

Spoiler: Tim Tam (click to show/hide)

Follow along with Sandeep

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 02, 2019, 04:51:53 pm »

Issac speaks. "Well, I don't really have the accent from the place I actually am from so that's not entirely fair to say... But yes, I'm not from around here. I was born and raised in a city called Dallas, Texas."

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 03, 2019, 02:39:57 pm »

"What is uploxing I've read it on this flyer and here and I still don't know what it is, and whats Grey Tuesday? I've been out of the loop of quite a while and I seem to have missed a lot of things."
Ask my questions to the robot.
Spoiler: Dr. Goldstine (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 04, 2019, 07:14:25 am »

Reminder: we have a discord channel for the group if anyone else would like to join.

Arena
El Tigre tugs on the yeti's hair and ears to try to lead him towards Helen.
[El Tigre rolled 6+1+body2-1raining-1puffed=7]
The yeti roars and spins around wildly, as El Tigre pulls on his ears, hanging on for dear life in the rain. Helen whips her tentacle around RIPAlbion39's ankle and yanks hard. The great beast dead-drops onto his back, pinning the luchador beneath the awesome weight of the biomechanical terror.

El Tigre is pinned!

"What is uploxing I've read it on this flyer and here and I still don't know what it is, and whats Grey Tuesday? I've been out of the loop of quite a while and I seem to have missed a lot of things."
Ask my questions to the robot.
[Goldstine rolled 3+3+0empathy=6]
"UPLOXING REFERS TO UPPER LOSSLESS EXTRACTION, HOW YOU WOULD-" begins the drone before a crunch is heard from the arena. It hovers over to the window. "THEY BROUGHT IN THE HUNTER SOONER THAN EXPECTED. SWOOP CAM TIME."

It zips out of the office to take a flying zoom shot on an abominable monstrosity lying on its back on top of a struggling El Tigre.

Goldstine gains +1 for critical failure.

Gated Community
Scoot towards the door and try to open it, failing that, (which I probably will), bang the chair against it, hopefully the noise will attract attention to anyone who doesn’t know about the kidnapping. Scream for help too
[Sandra rolled 6+4+1empathy=11]
Sandra scoots over to the door and starts banging on it after finding it locked. After a while she hears a voice hiss through from the other side.

"Shh. They'll hear ya. I think the zombos are gonna mash yer brain, make yer like them. I- I want to help yer."

The door unlocks and a girl of perhaps 11 years of age stands barefooted on the wooden floorboards of an empty corridor. She's wearing a long blue dress, and she has curly red hair and a face full of freckles. She glances furtively around.

"I'm Tas. After the river. What's yer name lady?"

As she speaks, somewhere outside the building a bell rings.

Issac speaks. "Well, I don't really have the accent from the place I actually am from so that's not entirely fair to say... But yes, I'm not from around here. I was born and raised in a city called Dallas, Texas."
"I can't blame you for leaving," says Father Michael. "Quite a few of our flock have fled from the Dark Zone. It must have been a harrowing journey."

Above them in the church, there's the sound of bells ringing.

"Normally we would have months, sometimes years, of prayer and preparation," the priest, addressing both Isaac and Kam. "But out here on the frontier Ascension is more pressing. We can offer you bodily resurrection and freedom from your earthly wants in the thousand year kingdom of the Lord. We can start the procedure whenever you are ready. This is why you have come, yes?"

Cow Tower -> High Bridge -> Warehouse
Not much for it.  Proceed NW, and then across the river.
Follow along with Sandeep
[Sandeep rolled 2+4+1wits=7]
[Tim Tam rolled 4+4+2wits=10]
Sandeep and Tim Tam continue around the river and over the high bridge. The water below thrashes and churns. On the other side a huge warehouse dominates the street, hulking above. The streets narrow and scatter below this huge complex. Tim Tam figures a way in, out of the rain. It could be a shortcut heading further north. The pair slip through a cracked glass doorway.

Inside the warehouse there's vast machines for creating packaging materials. There's an omnipresent squeaking of rats who have made their nests in the vast quantities of empty cardboard boxes and packing paper that litters everywhere here. There are exits out into the city in every direction.

Tim Tam and Sandeep gain +1 tally for exploration.

Terraces - > Crater
Northeast to the batteries! And use my whiskers to keep us out of any danger that might spring up by sensing it in advance. The path to becoming a hero starts with a single step, and fetching a battery for an injured robot in need seems like a good first step.
[Theodore rolled 6+2+2weird=10]
Theodore, Viktor and Timmy head off through the terraces to the northeast. Ed stays behind, lost within his own thoughts. The party travel to the bottom of the towers and hack their way through the thick greenery below. Theodore's whiskers tell him two large things are in a nearby building.

Suddenly the trees and bushes and buildings and streets and vine-choked streetlights all come to an abrupt end. There's a vast crater before them- an ugly scar in the city. Around the edge, buildings crumble into it in slides of bricks. Theodore guides them around the edge of the crater to half a townhouse, half a kitchen abutting the crater. Inside they see two creatures idling. One, a huge bear like biomachine, its metal plates bristling with spikes. The other a terrier-sized dog-shaped thing all silver, with one gold leg.

"What are they doing?" Timmy whispers. "They're faced together like they're talking but they're not saying anything."

Theodore gains +1 tally for exploration.

Airplane Graveyard
Gather some of the higher-quality scrap metal, preferably some that can fit relatively comfortably in the cart.
[Amoretto rolled 3+3+2wits+1engineer=9]
Amoretto tears off some loose metal panelling from the side of one of the planes, shearing some of the connectors with his thumb. It packs into the bike cart just fine. Once, when pulling off one of the sidings, a metal brace came loose and fell on his foot, bruising it. But other than that, the extraction is uneventful.

"Not looking forward to hauling this junk there and back," says Frog.

"There might be a second vehicle in the drop-off," speculates Dell.

Cass looks up at the sky, spitting with rain. "We best make a move on," she says, turning to Dr Amoretto "You still good to cycle?"

Amoretto has a sore foot. Amoretto now has some good quality scrap.

Boundary Road
Sheltering from the rain in a dingy underpass, Agasha says to Keiko and Kateryna, "We should keep moving..."

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 07:17:25 am by notquitethere »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Moving On
« Reply #305 on: July 04, 2019, 07:29:26 am »

”Hello, Tas. My name is Sandra. Do you know who runs this place? Do you have something that can cut the ropes on my legs?”

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 04, 2019, 07:45:45 am »

Spoiler: Routes So Far (click to show/hide)

”Hello, Tas. My name is Sandra. Do you know who runs this place? Do you have something that can cut the ropes on my legs?”
[Rolled 6+1+1empathy=8]
Tas says, "Yes, Father Michael runs Tuckswood. I... I gotta get to church but... hold on a mo..." She darts off, running down some stairs. Moments later she appears and passes a bread knife to Sandra. "Everyone's going to be in the church for the next hour. But the gate will be locked-- I think the thing that opens it is kept in the tractor parked outside... Good luck!"

With that, the girl runs off, leaving Sandra tied to the chair with the knife.

Sandra now has a bread knife.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 04, 2019, 07:51:03 am »

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

"Oof! You need to lay off the cookies hombre. Was this your plan Helen?'

Poke the yeti in the eyes.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 04, 2019, 08:00:59 am »

Poke the yeti in the eyes.
[El Tigre rolled 5+6+2body+1luchador-1pinned-1puffed=12]
El Tigre reaches over and with his metal finger he cracks the camera-lens eyes of the yeti. The yeti roars and rolls over and punches blindly at the ground where El Tigre lies, but Helen catches his arm.

"Quick!" she hisses. "Tear out the battery in his stomach!"

Eye gouging is one thing, but even rudos baulk at disembowelling.

El Tigre is no longer pinned.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 04, 2019, 08:32:05 am »

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

"I need to get him on the ground first. Señorita, throw me at him!"

When the yeti turns to the voice, perform a super flying lariat on him!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 04, 2019, 08:41:16 am »

Use bread knife to cut the ropes on my legs. Once freed, look around to see where I am
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 09:40:24 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 04, 2019, 09:47:42 am »

"There must be hundreds of them.."

What are all these rats eating?  Poke about a bit.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Collateral Damage
« Reply #312 on: July 04, 2019, 12:24:29 pm »

Spoiler: Tim Tam (click to show/hide)
Spend 5 Experience Tallys(of 6) and a point of Body on getting another new mutation.(for the record, yes I have 6, I went back and checked. I have not been doing a good job of keeping up with those)

Tim Tam, feeling a sudden, notable shift in her body, takes the time to note what exactly has changed.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 12:28:31 pm by Failbird105 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 04, 2019, 02:51:44 pm »

“Bruised my foot, but it’s not you guys that asked for more cargo. I’ll pedal.”
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 04, 2019, 03:35:26 pm »

"Wait robot come back, I still want to know what those things are!"
Wait and see if the robot comes back, if it doesn't look around the office some more and grab the printed news story.
Spoiler: Dr. Goldstine (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44