Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 64689 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Reversals
« Reply #285 on: July 01, 2019, 10:42:35 pm »

Ahh, yes, it's glass there.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 01, 2019, 10:44:26 pm »

Then why are question marks surrounding the area? Was he teleported there by something?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 01, 2019, 11:18:30 pm »

Dunno.  Moved quickly on a bike along the road?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 01, 2019, 11:20:10 pm »

Yeah, NQT ruled earlier that quick travel via vehicles would basically only tell you about the hexes you stopped in each turn.

If it was teleportation, those hexes would just be blank, not question marked.

EDIT: So we're clear, I'm waiting on whether or not I'm getting an exploration tally before I do my action for the turn.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 11:22:55 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Everything is gone to the dogs...
« Reply #289 on: July 02, 2019, 01:23:31 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"I don't think I could just leave them here. Maybe knowing them would prove useful down the road. And I'm sure Viktor could smash them if they are hostile. Viktor, would you happen to have a spare battery for the gorilla?"

While waiting to see if Viktor has a battery, see if I can sense anything battery-like with my whiskers other than the gorilla.
[
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 02, 2019, 05:10:55 am »

Grab the whistle and raincoat, then look around some more, if I can't find anything interesting inside I'll go look around the car park outside.
Spoiler: Dr. Goldstine (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 02, 2019, 05:32:03 am »

I looked at the most recent map, how is boundary road completely surrounded by ?s? If someone got there, shouldn’t there be a path of named areas?
Dunno.  Moved quickly on a bike along the road?
Yeah, NQT ruled earlier that quick travel via vehicles would basically only tell you about the hexes you stopped in each turn.

If it was teleportation, those hexes would just be blank, not question marked.
Glass is correct. As I mentioned earlier in the thread:

A Note On Fast Travel
When travelling in a vehicle, you can get places much quicker, but when travelling through areas without threat, you don't get exploration tallies for every hex passed through. You learn the colour of the hex, and travel stops when there are particularly interesting features.

So you only properly explore the hex and learn the colours of the surrounding hexes (and gain the tally) when you stop and look around. When you're just travelling through, you learn the colour, but not anything else. The bonus being that you can actually make serious progress on a vehicle (as most hexes have some kind of encounter, and most encounters take time to process through).

EDIT: So we're clear, I'm waiting on whether or not I'm getting an exploration tally before I do my action for the turn.
You did, now updated.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 02, 2019, 06:26:23 am »

5 tallies exchanged for engineer profession.

Amoretto looks at his thumb, then at all the decaying airplanes.
“If you guys are willing to stop for a bit at the planes, I think I could probably take some of the scrap metal on them and make some bullets or rudimentary armor or something.”
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 02, 2019, 06:44:43 am »

Cow Tower
Rest up a bit and scrounge around for food and supplies.  (matches, firestarter, stuff to make into a small pack.)  Does anyone live here?
[Sandeep rolled 3+4+1wits=8]
No one had lived here properly but in the base of the tower he finds a burnt out campfire from someone passing through here within the last few months. There's some empty cans in a pile, and in one of them, kept dry from the rain, someone has left a plastic lighter. Sandeep flicks it and there's still a spark. Under the cans there's a single can of baked beans with a ring pull. The last dregs of someone's stash. He rests a while here, but it's cold and draughty in the tower and barely provides cover from the rain. After an hour or so, the rain starts to let off.

Gated Community
Use Eidetic Memory to think back to when she saw the tractor. Try to figure out if there are any weak points on it.
[Sandra rolled 4+2+0weird-1headache=5]
Sandra tries to cast her mind back to the incident at the tractor. But all she can think of is that grey-faced man in the dark sunglasses reaching his hand towards her. He had nothing in his hand, and yet there had been such an intense pain. Like an electric shock. Could he some kind of mutant? What could they be planning to do? A rising sense of unease fills Sandra's gut.

Sandra gained +1 tally for critical failure.

With nothing in particular he needs to be doing, Issac looks around the room for anything worthy of note while he waits.
Seeing little else to do, Kam will look around for notes or books that don't seem ancient. He'll also check the cupboards where the tea and biscuits came from to see if there are more and also if they appear poisoned. If they seem safe, chow down.
[Isaac rolled 3+6+3wits=12]
[Kam rolled 4+3+1wits=8]
At first glance Isaac sees nothing so unusual in the room. They have working electric lights, which indicates a power source. Snaked under the side board is a huge power cable with an unfamiliar thick round connector at the end. Kam fills up on a stock of biscuits in the cupboard. They're clearly inexpertly homemade without much access to sugar or anything sweeter than dried fruit bits. But they're wholesome and filling.

"The children make those biscuits," says Father Michael as he re-enters the room. "I'm led to believe they're getting better all the time. I'm sorry for the disturbance. Now where were we... oh yes. I was going to ask you fine gentlemen where you hail from. Pardon me but I don't think those are Norfolk accents..."

Arena
Charge the yeti, and slide between its legs. Climb up his hairy legs and back, and put him in a choke hold. Pray that his swoleness puts him at a disadvantage when trying to remove him.
[El Tigre rolled 3+2+2body+1luchador-1raining=7]
El Tigre charges and slides under RIPAlbion39's legs and ascends his back. The climb is hard as the yeti's fur is slick form the rain. The burst of effort is exhausting and the wrestler clings from the neck, unable to apply enough pressure to make a dent in the beast's massive musculature.

"Puny fleshling!" the yeti barks as he tries in vain to stretch up to his own back.

"Lead him over here!" Helen hisses, whipping her tentacles towards the yeti, just out of reach.

El Tigre is a puffed out.

Grab the whistle and raincoat, then look around some more, if I can't find anything interesting inside I'll go look around the car park outside.
[Goldstine rolled 6+5+2wits=13]
Goldstine looks up in an office and finds, faded on the desk, a small printout from an online newspaper.

CANARIES SING NO MORE
April 21st 2041
Norwich City FC is latest FA casualty of the uploxing craze. The club ended its storied 139 year history yesterday going into bankruptcy with no buyers forthcoming. The club had faced declining audience turnout. The Norfolk area has been hit hard by Grey Tuesday, and population has been halving every month with bonded uploxing particularly prevalent. This is another nail in the coffin for the English Football League, with a restructure planned for the next season due to the closure of 3 out of every 5 clubs.

"IT'S A TRAGEDY," a drone intones, hovering into the room. "I WAS A MAN CITY FAN, FOR MY SINS. THEY LASTED A FEW MONTHS LONGER THAN NORWICH."

Due to his cabinet armour having soaked most of the blow, Goldstine is no longer bruised.

Aeroplane Graveyard
Amoretto looks at his thumb, then at all the decaying airplanes.
“If you guys are willing to stop for a bit at the planes, I think I could probably take some of the scrap metal on them and make some bullets or rudimentary armor or something.”
[Amoretto rolled 4+3+0empathy+1engineer+1keep=9]
"Yeah alright," says Frog. "But keep it quick. We've got to get a move on for our drop off."

Amoretto looks about. He doesn't have the tools for bullet making, even if he did find a primer and powder here... but he does think he has time to either siphon a bit of aeroplane fuel from one of the tanks, or tear off some good quality scrap metal for armour.

Theodore incoming...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 06:46:58 am by notquitethere »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 02, 2019, 06:52:04 am »

Try to chew on the rope on one of my arms until the rope breaks

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 02, 2019, 06:57:47 am »

Terraces
"I don't think I could just leave them here. Maybe knowing them would prove useful down the road. And I'm sure Viktor could smash them if they are hostile. Viktor, would you happen to have a spare battery for the gorilla?"

While waiting to see if Viktor has a battery, see if I can sense anything battery-like with my whiskers other than the gorilla.
[Theodore rolls 4+3+2weird-1hangover=8]
"HE THIRSTS FOR A BEAST BATTERY. THEY HIDE THEM IN THEIR STOMACHS. I HAVE SEEN!" Viktor explains.

Now that he's tasted the power signature of the cyberbeast, Theodore knows what to feel for with his whiskers. He senses no other batteries immediately nearby, but going to the open window he can sense that feel of the battery, two of them, a short walk to the northeast.

Gated Community
Try to chew on the rope on one of my arms until the rope breaks
[Sandra rolled 5+2+1body-1tiedtochair=7]
Sandra cranes her neck around, grateful of a certain amount of flexibility. Pulling her arm up, she spends an agonising hour chewing at the rope. But, at long last, her arm is free. She's able to untie the other, but the binds on her legs are too tight. Now her arms are free, she finds she can scoot around the room on the chair. Unfortunately the room is bare except for a window, a door, and a set of curtains.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 02, 2019, 06:58:40 am »

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

El Tigre tugs on the yeti's hair and ears to try to lead him towards Helen.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 02, 2019, 07:14:08 am »

Scoot towards the door and try to open it, failing that, (which I probably will), bang the chair against it, hopefully the noise will attract attention to anyone who doesn’t know about the kidnapping. Scream for help too
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 08:10:21 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 02, 2019, 09:45:34 am »

Not much for it.  Proceed NW, and then across the river.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 02:50:04 pm by Devastator »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 02, 2019, 02:19:50 pm »

"I can sense some batteries to the northeast. Two of them. They might be attached to something we have to kill, but those are the closest ones. You up for it, Timmy? Viktor? Other guy who has been silent this whole time?"

To the batteries! And use my whiskers to keep us out of any danger that might spring up by sensing it in advance. The path to becoming a hero starts with a single step, and fetching a battery for an injured robot in need seems like a good first step.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44