Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 64747 times)

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Making friends!
« Reply #240 on: June 28, 2019, 07:12:25 am »

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

Getting the wind knocked out of you is all in a days work for a wrestler. Take a few deep breaths to calm the muscle spasm, because it is hard to taunt your enemy if you can't breath.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Fight or Flight
« Reply #241 on: June 28, 2019, 08:41:33 am »

Character sheet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, I hadn't much heard of your community before fatedly running into it here, but ascention doesn't sound half bad, now does it. I'd be open to hearing what you're all about.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 28, 2019, 09:01:50 am »

"I wonder if that thing had a lair around here."

Try to gather up some material to bandage my wound with.  Maybe some padding or something.  That razortail is probably a useful cutting tool.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 07:34:52 pm by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 28, 2019, 09:08:07 am »

"I hope he knows what he's doing because that thing looks dangerous."
Examine the transparent plastic pack of white powder and see what it is, then eat some of the food that was left by the robots.
Spoiler: Dr. Goldstine (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 28, 2019, 12:59:13 pm »

It occurs to Issac that while this place may have certain appealing amenties available, it could also be difficult to leave should things go south. Issac decided to probe them a bit before making any potentially dangerous commitment.

Stepping in front of Kam, Issac speaks. "Hold up. Security around here seems to be taken rather seriously for a place willing to welcome perfect strangers. That barbed wire could only be used to keep people out, not wild beasts. What's up with all this?"

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Fight or Flight
« Reply #245 on: June 29, 2019, 03:09:31 pm »

Scorched Road
” I should be able to help. Since your signals get jammed in the south, I will go there and stop the burning, then deal with the hunter, then go to the castle. Goodbye for now, and thank you.” Head south and search for the plant burning source and for whatever is jamming signals
[Sandra rolled 3+1+2wits=6]
Sandra heads off south to see what the problem could be. She walks until she begins smells smoke. The woods open up onto a street which has been cleared. There's a high road leading south to where the trees and buildings drop away entirely: clearly a river. There is scorched earth on either side of the road: someone has been setting fires here, keeping the road clear from the omipresent overgrowth.

As Sandra looks around on the roadside, she hears the sound of a vehicle coming from the south.

Sandra gains +1 tally for critical failure.
Sandra gains +1 tally for exploration.

Boundary Road
“Alright everyone, brace again.”
Sonic boom, directed behind us (which, given we’re on a bridge, also means at the cyberdogs).
[Amoretto rolled 4+1+2weird=7]
[Amoretto lets forth another huge sonic boom. The dogs scatter and the bike hurtles forward. Frog and Finn cycle like mad for two miles through twisting city streets clogged with abandoned cars. The cityscape runs together as the group in the cart furtively scour every passing street for signs of the cyberbeasts. Eventually they stop at a huge twisting junction of wide roads mostly unmolested by the greenery.

While Frog and Finn catch their breath, Cass turns to the others: to Amoretto, Kateryna, Keiko and Agasha.

"You saved our skin back there... but... what the hell are you people?"

Keiko, Kateryna, Amoretto gain +1 tally for exploration.

Arena
Getting the wind knocked out of you is all in a days work for a wrestler. Take a few deep breaths to calm the muscle spasm, because it is hard to taunt your enemy if you can't breath.
Examine the transparent plastic pack of white powder and see what it is, then eat some of the food that was left by the robots.
[El Tigre rolled 6+1+2body+1luchador-1winded=9]
[Goldstine rolled 6+5+2wits=13]
El Tigre takes a moment to catch his breath. The Tentacoiler rumbles closer, whipping one of its tentacles at the luchador. He takes a quick side-step, the metal appendage whistling past him. El Tigre is back in the fight, but the Tentacoiler is almost upon him!

Meanwhile, Dr Goldstine takes a seat in the stands and chows on the huge pile of fruit and nuts. He carefully opens up the huge packet and dabs the tiniest bit on the end of his tongue. The taste is bitter and reminds him of powdered caffeine.

El Tigre is no longer winded.

Flooded School
Try to gather up some material to bandage my wound with.  Maybe some padding or something.  That razortail is probably a useful cutting tool.
[Sandeep rolled 5+6+2wits-1wound+1architect=13]
Sandeep leaves the playground for the building and takes a wander around the halls of the old school. Projects of cardboard and paint are still stuck to the walls, everything covered in a layer of mould. The lower levels of the school are sinking into the river, but upstairs things are more or less intact. There's signs of looting and occupancy: the trophy cabinet is smashed and all contents gone; in one room tables and chairs had been gathered into a pile for a fire, the metal braces and legs submerged in a pile of ashes.

Sandeep uses his sense of how buildings fit together to work out that one of the walls is much thicker than it should be. Looking closer in one of the gutted classrooms, he notices a wooden panel is actually a slide-out door. Despite the pain of his cut arm, he opens it to find a small cupboard with a medical kit (containing some out-of-date anti-histamines, a bottle of iodine, a bandage roll, and 5 plasters). There's also a drawer full of confiscated goods: a handheld console whose batteries have leaked and destroyed the back of it, a ball made up of rubber bands, and three opalescent marbles.

Gated Community
Stepping in front of Kam, Issac speaks. "Hold up. Security around here seems to be taken rather seriously for a place willing to welcome perfect strangers. That barbed wire could only be used to keep people out, not wild beasts. What's up with all this?"
Well, I hadn't much heard of your community before fatedly running into it here, but ascention doesn't sound half bad, now does it. I'd be open to hearing what you're all about.
[Isaac rolls 1+3+3wits=7]
The voice on the speaker continues as Isaac expressed his hesitance. He looks at the security arrangements. The high heavy metal fence probably could keep out the likes of the cyberdogs he saw in Walt Labs, though the wire on top would probably do little. Whether its to keep people in or out is unclear, but as he's scanning the scene, he notices fresh tyre tracks in the mud by the gate. Evidently someone does come and go here...

The intercom continues. "This is a peaceful community of The Church of the New Millenium. We take our place on Earth, bodily resurrected, free of hunger and privations."

The gate begins to swing open but there's no one around.

"Come inside, friends, and see what the Kingdom has to offer."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Civilisation?
« Reply #246 on: June 29, 2019, 03:36:24 pm »

Get to the side of the road and ask the vehicle to stop. If this fails, follow he vehicle

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 29, 2019, 04:27:31 pm »

Amoretto shakes his head.
"I told you, back at the castle last evening. We woke up from cryo, and we had these mutations. I don't know why. We're just trying to figure out what happened and how to survive. And before you say that "cryo is bunk" again or anything like that, no, it isn't. Dr. Davis was one of the people that worked on it, and I was good friends with him. I went in on June 20th, 2025. And I was born in 1989. You may notice that I quite decisively do not look to be in my 70s."

(If I can get a scientist credibility bonus to this, that would be appreciated.)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 29, 2019, 05:34:14 pm »

Tim Tam gets bored of waiting around, and heads inside after Sandeep

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 29, 2019, 06:03:26 pm »

Issac whispers to Kam "I have a bad feeling about this place, but it does seem more or less civilized. I'll leave it up to you."

Issac follows Kam for now...

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 30, 2019, 07:48:01 am »

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

Use the wing as a prop in place of a folding chair and bash the tentacoiler on the head/eyeball thing.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 30, 2019, 09:47:44 am »

Put the powdered caffeine pack and some of the food into my pocket, then search around the stadium for anything useful.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 30, 2019, 10:31:39 am »

Scorched Road
Get to the side of the road and ask the vehicle to stop. If this fails, follow the vehicle
[Sandra rolled 4+3+1empathy=8]
Sandra stands on the burnt earth at the side of the road and waves as the vehicle approaches. It's a beat-up old tractor with huge wheels and a flamethrower mounted on the bonnet.

A man with grey skin, thick overalls, and dark glasses is driving the tractor. He pull the tractor to a stop.

"Good morning!" he says. His voice is a smooth, slightly clipped British accent. "You must have a story, travelling in the wilds like this."

Boundary Road
"I told you, back at the castle last evening. We woke up from cryo, and we had these mutations. I don't know why. We're just trying to figure out what happened and how to survive. And before you say that "cryo is bunk" again or anything like that, no, it isn't. Dr. Davis was one of the people that worked on it, and I was good friends with him. I went in on June 20th, 2025. And I was born in 1989. You may notice that I quite decisively do not look to be in my 70s."
[Amoretto rolled 4+1+0empathy+1science=6]
"All the cryo victims died," said Cass. "I saw footage of the bodies they dragged out of the labs in places like New York and Calcutta. The anti-freeze they replaced their blood with seeped through and killed them... But I believe that you believe that that's what happened to you."

"They were probably deloxxed into their weird-science bodies and given bullshit memories," Frog speculates, becoming increasingly convinced of his own explanations. "It's cutting edge bullshit the heavens are sending to mess with us. I say we ditch these freaks."

"At least one of these 'freaks' saved your sorry arse," says Cass. "I don't know what your quiet friends want to do, but you're welcome to continue on with us north."

"I don't know," says Frog. "That crocodile girl is giving me the creeps."

"Baka!" Agasha mumbles.

Amoretto gains +1 tally for critical failure.

Flooded School
Tim Tam gets bored of waiting around, and heads inside after Sandeep
[Tim Tam rolled 1+3+2wits=6]
Tim Tam heads into the school after Sandeep. The flooding is up to her ankles as she splashes through. While exploring the ground floor, she steps through a doorway and take a few steps forward before her feet gain no purchase. She stumbles straight into the murky water!

Tim Tam gains condition: flailing underwater
Tim Tam gained +1 tally for critical failure.

Gated Community
Issac follows Kam for now...
Through the gates, at the far end of the boulevard, Isaac and Kam briefly spot a small child running by.

Arena
Use the wing as a prop in place of a folding chair and bash the tentacoiler on the head/eyeball thing.
[El Tigre rolled 2+1+2body+1wing+1luchador=7]
[Goldstine rolled 1+3+2wits=6]
Goldstine pockets the goods and starts searching the stands. There's mostly just a load of cracked plastic chairs in rusted metal fittings.

Meanwhile in the arena, El Tigre smashes the wing down on the tentacoiler's small head-body, causing a small hairline crack in the casing. The tentacoiler snatches the wing from El Tigre and tosses it into the stands where it smacks Dr Goldstine in the side, bruising the poor doctor, and quite distracting him from his search of the stands.

El Tigre has lost his wing.
Goldstine gains +1 tally for critical failure.
Goldstine gains condition: bruised side.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Collateral Damage
« Reply #253 on: June 30, 2019, 10:39:44 am »

"What the hell, damn robots throwing stuff at me."
Try to get into the locker rooms and look around for anything useful.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Collateral Damage
« Reply #254 on: June 30, 2019, 11:03:44 am »

Ask the man “Why are you burning the forest and jamming the signals of the robots that live here?” They aren’t doing anything wrong, they just want the forest to be protected.”

Try to throw something in the flamethrower to jam it so it can’t work

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44