Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 64674 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - More Questions Than Answers...
« Reply #195 on: June 26, 2019, 05:58:43 am »

Current Locations
11 Active Players
(Outside) The Cathedral: Dr Amoretto, Kateryna, Keiko + NPC Agasha, NPC Frog, NPC Cass, NPC Dell, +Assorted NPC Cyberbeasts
(Atop) The Terraces: Theodore, Ed + NPC Timmy + NPC Viktor
(On) Stepping Stones: El Tigre, Dr Burt Goldstine
(Outside) Flooded School: Sandeep Singh, Tim Tam + NPC Cyberwolf
(Inside) Walt Lab: (Currently Frozen) Any Number Of Future Players
(In) Park Sycamore Woods: Kam, Isaac Revero

If I don't get an action within 24 hours, I'll usually have players tag along if they're currently actively in a group which is moving. If you'd like to drop out or go idle at any point let me know. New players are also always welcome.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 26, 2019, 06:06:30 am »

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

"*cough, cough* All according to plan, amigo. You'll have to make that last jump yourself. No worries, it's a short swim if you slip."

True to his word, El Tigre just tries to swim the rest of the way. Swimming is what tigers do, so El Tigre obviously knows how to swim, just not in rivers.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 26, 2019, 06:16:59 am »

True to his word, El Tigre just tries to swim the rest of the way. Swimming is what tigers do, so El Tigre obviously knows how to swim, just not in rivers.
[El Tigre rolls 5+5+2body-1hunger-1wound=10]
The luchadore swims like a graceful tiger across to the other side of the river to await his traveling companion.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Cyberbeasts ahoy!
« Reply #198 on: June 26, 2019, 07:20:50 am »

"Go thing I know how to swim."
Jump on the cars or swim to get the rest of the way across the river.
Spoiler: Dr. Goldstine (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 26, 2019, 07:43:49 am »

Jump on the cars or swim to get the rest of the way across the river.
[Burt rolls 6+4+1body=11]
Goldstine stretches his long legs across the gap from the car to the shore with ease, not even a splash on him. The pair continue following the drone northeast...

Stadium
Goldstine and El Tigre walk up to a large oval stadium surrounded by weed-strewn carpark. The main gates are open and the pair walk through the dilapidated entranceway, straight into the stadium itself. The ground was once a football (or soccer) field surrounded on four sides by stands that could hold perhaps 30,000 people. Now the earth is scorched, any sign of grass or new weeds having been purged in fire.

Above this ash-filled field, the TERRATERROR blimp hovers. The drone hovers before the pair, and they notice perhaps a dozen or so more of the drones at various points about their field, their camera eyes taking in the whole surrounds. Their drone turns to address El Tigre.

"WE WOULD DELIGHT IN DROPPING A HEALTHY BREAKFAST AND VARIOUS MEDICINES. PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR NAME AND/OR NAMES AND THAT YOU CONSENT TO A FIGHT WHICH MAY ENDANGER YOUR PHYSICAL FORM.

Goldstine and El Tigre gain +1 tally for exploration.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 07:49:18 am by notquitethere »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 26, 2019, 07:46:06 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Ah, frag. Everyone, get in the cart!”
Once as many people as are going to get in the cart do so, Amoretto, remembering the kickback from when he last used his sonic boom ability, tells everyone to hang on tight and uses it to help push the cart and bikes in the direction they’re going, while potentially also blasting the cyberbeasts.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Welcome to the future!
« Reply #201 on: June 26, 2019, 09:18:19 am »

Character sheet:

Interesting jungle gyms here, but not much of use. Kam heads south.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 26, 2019, 12:05:02 pm »

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

"I am El Tigre Picante, and I wish to fight, for glory!...or at least for some medicine and food! Tell what is this place? Is this Terraterror?"

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 26, 2019, 04:39:16 pm »

Issac continues along with Kam for now...

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 26, 2019, 05:25:31 pm »

Cathedral
“Ah, frag. Everyone, get in the cart!”
Once as many people as are going to get in the cart do so, Amoretto, remembering the kickback from when he last used his sonic boom ability, tells everyone to hang on tight and uses it to help push the cart and bikes in the direction they’re going, while potentially also blasting the cyberbeasts.
[Amoretto roills 6+3+2weird=11]
Anyone getting in the cart does so and Amoretto braces himself in the back of the cart and lets out a massive shout. Everyone's ears ring as the sonic boom hits. The cart, the bikes, and all aboard are propelled along the road northwards, while the cyberbeasts scatter.

(I will proceed with the bike heading north as soon as I know what Keiko & Kateryna want to do. If no response in 15 hours (i.e. 24 after Glass's action) I'll assume both jumped in the cart.)

Gated Community
Kam heads south.
Issac continues along with Kam for now...
The two men continue walking south through the woods. Eventually the sycamores start thinning out. It's clear some trees have been cut down around here and bricks have been removed from the crumbled houses. The ground of the woods are swarmed with mint plants which infuses the air with its rich aroma.

Soon they see the reason: ahead of them is a huge gated community. A twelve foot metal fence topped with razorwire rings an block of houses criss-crossed with avenues lined with walnut trees. They dimly hear children shouting in play on the other side of the wall, but there doesn't seem to be any gates on the north side.

Kam and Isaac gain +1 tally for exploration.

Stadium
"I am El Tigre Picante, and I wish to fight, for glory!...or at least for some medicine and food! Tell what is this place? Is this Terraterror?"
[El Tigre rolled 6+6+1empathy-1hunger=12]
One of the drones buzzes down from the blimp above. It drops a package which spills open, revealing a huge pile of fresh fruit and nuts. There's also a sealed packet of bandages, some strong spirit, and a transparent plastic pack of white powder.

"TAKE YOUR FILL EL TIGRE PICANTE. SOON YOU WILL HAVE GLORY AND KUDOS. YOU WILL BE A STAR!"

The drone emphasises its point by doing a barrel-roll.

"THIS IS CARROW ROAD FOOTBALL STADIUM. WE HAVE CLEARED IT OUT FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES. TERRATERROR IS OUR ENTERTAINMENT BRAND."

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Not Alone!
« Reply #205 on: June 26, 2019, 05:29:29 pm »

Spoiler: Tim Tam (click to show/hide)

Tim Tam hardly even blinks before beginning to move. Vanishing into a blur to sweep around the lunging wolfs side and slam into it at full force with their pipe.

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 26, 2019, 05:42:26 pm »

If Keiko gets on the cart, I will as well

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 26, 2019, 05:56:17 pm »

Issac considers the situation. From what he could tell the world has gone more than just a bit downhill, so if there were children living anything close to a normal life then security at this place would surely be tight, and Issac's previous encounter with society demonstrated a lack of common knowledge on his part that would make it hard for him to appear normal even with his abilities; which he still didn't fully have the hang of.

He speaks to Kam. "I would recommend taking the long way around. I do not imagine the natives appreciating an unannounced visitor."

Issac takes a moment to see if there are any walnut trees on the outside of the gated community.

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 26, 2019, 07:58:20 pm »

"Well, that doesn't look friendly."

"Using our magic powers?  Eh, why not?

Use my magic power to bite the cyberwolf.  See if I can like take huge bites, or just normal bites that are very strong.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 11:14:44 pm by Devastator »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 26, 2019, 09:53:03 pm »

(Can't copy character sheet on phone right now)

It couldn't hurt to knock. If they don't want to hear from us, well depart. If Isaac agrees, knock on the gate and try to get attention of an adult, politely.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 44