Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 64533 times)

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Unwanted attentions...
« Reply #120 on: June 19, 2019, 01:05:04 pm »

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

"AH!" He roars, acting hurt. "You wish to fight dirty, insecto brilliante?" He says, pointing at his opponent, still unaware that he is literally bleeding. "Very well, I shall use the move I just created in the lab. TIGRE TESTICULAR TICKLER!!"

El Tigre grabs the insect's crotch...area, and gives it a nice, vicegrip enhance, squeeze.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Unwanted attentions...
« Reply #121 on: June 19, 2019, 04:26:19 pm »

Clarification on how mutations work: mutations always allow you to do something weird, something ordinarily impossible (like ripping open a metal chassis with your bare hands). They are always a roll with weird, but can have results more effective than a simply wits, empathy or body roll... however the complications can be more severe when the powers go astray.

El Tigre grabs the insect's crotch...area, and gives it a nice, vicegrip enhance, squeeze.
[El Tigre rolls 3+6+0weird-1wound+1luchadore=9]
El Tigre reaches up to the undersection between the insectoid's legs. He twists the metal and with a screech his fingers gain purchase and he rips off the underside of the robot, cascading wires from within and giving access to the robot's innards. But now El Tigre's right arm is caught up in the wiring, limiting his movement severely!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - The Day Grows Long...
« Reply #122 on: June 19, 2019, 04:40:46 pm »

Spending 5 Experience Tallies, Issac Revero increases his Wits by 1!

With food not yet figured out, Issac decides to look around to see if he can find any materials he could use to improvise a fishing rod. With this much water, there are probably also some fish!

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 19, 2019, 04:48:30 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Five tallies to bring Empathy from -1 to 0.

[Muttering] "'Bunk'? Clearly not, otherwise I'd be dead rather than partially immolated..."

"Listen, I promise, I'll be on my way momentarily, but can you at least tell me what areas nearby are more likely to be safe? And, also, if you've heard of a man by the name of Jackson Davis, could you tell me where I might find him?"
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 19, 2019, 04:49:41 pm »

Caught? Oh no, El Tigre simply has an advantageous hold!  Lift the bug and send it crashing on its silly head with a scoop slam!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2019, 07:28:24 pm »

"What the hell's going on outside?"
Use the long cable to strap the two cabinet doors to my body, one in the front and one in the back, like makeshift armour, then go outside and see whats happening.
Spoiler: Dr. Goldstine (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 20, 2019, 09:23:43 am »

Flooded Bridge
With food not yet figured out, Issac decides to look around to see if he can find any materials he could use to improvise a fishing rod. With this much water, there are probably also some fish![/b]
[Isaac rolls 1+4+2wits=7]
Looking around Isaac fails to see anything that would work as a net: everything he is damp and rotten. He travels into one of the half-submerged buildings of the waterfront. As he looks around, in the shell of a flooded nightclub, he sees a great shoal of fat silvery fish swish across the space where people once danced. Isaac keeps dry, walking along the old bar above the rusted drink taps and lily pads. The fish look almost close enough to grasp.

The Castle

"Listen, I promise, I'll be on my way momentarily, but can you at least tell me what areas nearby are more likely to be safe? And, also, if you've heard of a man by the name of Jackson Davis, could you tell me where I might find him?"
[Amoretto rolls 4+3+0empathy=7]
"Jackson Davis... yeah that name sounds familiar," says Cass. "A few months back a big group headed north. Some of them stayed a few nights here. Maybe one of them called himself Davis? One of the group stayed. Carol her name is. Maybe she'd know. As for where's safe? Stay out of the woods. That's where the Eyes of Gaia will be most concentrated. But you'll have Hunters wherever. Nowhere is safe. We're lucky this is one of the biggest damn backwaters on the island and even here it's a constant struggle."

She looks at the sky. "OK, time to move on in! If you're coming, come now. But if you're staying outside, don't come near during the night."

With that, Cass, Blakely and Dell start moving back towards the makeshift walls around their castle.

Residential Sycamore Wood
Use the long cable to strap the two cabinet doors to my body, one in the front and one in the back, like makeshift armour, then go outside and see whats happening.
Caught? Oh no, El Tigre simply has an advantageous hold!  Lift the bug and send it crashing on its silly head with a scoop slam!
[Burt rolled 3+4+2wits=9]
[El Tigre rolled 6+6+2body+1luchadore-1wound=14]
In the house, Burt straps two cabinet doors to himself, tied in place with the wire. To attach the wire, he ends up having to use three of his cable ties. It's crude and limited, but should provide some protection. In his new armour, he steps out of the house to see what's happening.

He sees El Tigre Picante (de Hierro), with prodigious strength, lift a heavily dented insectoid above his head and then slam it down. It lands sparking on the leaf litter-strewn tarmac. As it lands, El Tigre yanks out a great nest of wiring from the middle of the insectoid. Its camera eyes focus on the masked man briefly before the legs twitch up and then collapse down. The insectoid has been destroyed.

Burt notices the sun low in the sky above the tree-line, and the blood dripping down the wrestler's shoulder.

Burt has lost x3 zip ties, x1 wire, x2 cabinet doors.
Burt has gained Unstable Cabinet Armour.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 20, 2019, 09:50:46 am »

Follow behind Issacs trail

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 20, 2019, 09:52:13 am »

"Hello there I believe we came from the same facility, and you appear to be hurt I can mend your injury if you want as I'm a doctor."
Break a sharp piece of metal off the robot to use as a knife, then if El Tigre accepts my offer of medical aid use part of my shirt sleeve to make a bandage to use on his wound.
Spoiler: Dr. Goldstine (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 20, 2019, 11:59:55 am »

"Haha! ¡El Tigre es victorioso! Take that, insecto brilliante!"
He begins inspecting the insectoid when he hears a voice. He turns to face Dr. Goldstine.
"Hola hombre! ¿Que? Injury? Sure thing doctor!"

El Tigre searches for a trophy that he can take from the insect (form over function, it's all about bragging rights), Then allows Dr. Goldstine to apply medical aid.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 20, 2019, 01:04:09 pm »

Broken Bridge
Follow behind Issacs trail
Tim Tam slips away from the Castle and heads southeast, following after Isaac. She finds him in the caved-in half-flooded old nightclub, staring at fish.

Residential Sycamore Wood
Break a sharp piece of metal off the robot to use as a knife
[Burt rolls: 2+2+1body=5]
Burt tries to pull off a tear of metal from the insectoid, but as he does so, the hull begins to implode, pouring out the acrid stench of burnt wiring. Burt jumps back in surprise, gaining nothing.

Burt gains +1 tally for critical failure.

El Tigre searches for a trophy that he can take from the insect (form over function, it's all about bragging rights)
[El tigre rolled 5+1+2body-1wound=7]
Before the insectoid can fully implode, El Tigre twists off one of its great fibrous wings, but before he can get anything more of use the rest of the chassis, from its round body, all the way along its long sharp legs, melts before their eyes. Soon there's nothing but a lump of twisted slag.

El Tigre has gained a Huge Insectoid Wing.

then if El Tigre accepts my offer of medical aid use part of my shirt sleeve to make a bandage to use on his wound.
Then allows Dr. Goldstine to apply medical aid. [/b]
[Burt rolled 1+1+2wits+1doctor=5]
Burt tears off a strip of his lab coat (already torn from the insectoid's earlier attack. He wraps it around El Tigre's shoulder, but the blood just keeps seeping through the unsanitary makeshift bandage. In Dr Goldstine's professional opinion, El Tigre is going to need to wash the wound in sanitary conditions, as it risks getting infected.

Burt gains +1 tally for critical failure.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 20, 2019, 01:14:04 pm »

*looks around, notices that Isaac has left*

"...if it's as dangerous as you say, I think I'd rather stay inside for the night."
Dr. Amoretto enters the castle, looking for Carol, as well as asking about the "hunters" and "eyes of gaia".
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Everything is gone to the dogs...
« Reply #132 on: June 20, 2019, 01:36:33 pm »

"Because then he would be killed by the lasers I told him about. Maybe we should take turns keeping watch, though. It's just like in Symphony of the Face Eaters." Theo whispers back to Timmy before turning to the brute. "How about we call you Viktor? That last name is too long to call out in an emergency."

Go loot that hardware store. Those nails and that hammer will be useful at some point, probably.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 20, 2019, 04:00:45 pm »

The Castle
Dr. Amoretto enters the castle, looking for Carol, as well as asking about the "hunters" and "eyes of gaia".
[Amoretto rolls 5+2+0empathy=7]
Dr Amoretto follows the others up the hill the castle. Midway along the wall made up of cars piled on top of one another, there's the back of a van. Cass opens the van and walks through. Amoretto follows through and finds that the cab of the van has been cut away, and instead he finds himself soon behind the wall. The other guards peel off to go back on duty while Cass leads Amoretto up to the keep of the castle. There he pushes through. Inside is a great hall filled with paintings and statues, old furniture, suits of armour and ancient weapons. Numerous people are milling around, some armed, others not.

"You really don't know anything do you?" says Cass. "Or is this a test? The Eyes of Gaia kill to keep the wilderness wild, Hunters kill for the sport of it, both will kill you just the same..." She starts pointing at different points. "So the bathroom is over there- we serve the evening meal up there- and Carol is the woman with the pink hair. Can't miss her."

Amoretto walks around for a bit until he spots a woman with pink hair. She's young, perhaps in her late twenties, wearing a battered kangaroo onesie. She instantly clocks Amoretto's burning thumb. "You're from the lab!" she hisses. "You- you're from the past too right?"

Spoiler: The Castle (click to show/hide)

"How about we call you Viktor? That last name is too long to call out in an emergency."

Go loot that hardware store. Those nails and that hammer will be useful at some point, probably.
Theodore picks up the hammer and 10 nails. Him, Ed and Timmy spend the dying light of the day drinking with 'Viktor' who takes well to his name. Theodore eventually passes out, while a nervous Timmy keeps watch, reassured that no one would want to eat his rubbery self.

It is now approaching night fall. Everyone not in shelter please tell me how you intend to spend the night.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 20, 2019, 04:02:11 pm »

(Possible GM error: I just increased Wits to 3. Unless I do not understand how experience tallies work)

Issac figured that if the fish were *Almost* close enough to grasp, then he just needed to extend his reach a bit. He would use his Faceshift power to increase the size of his left arm to make it possible to deftly swipe at the fish with his hand.

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 04:45:35 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 44