Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 64526 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Unwanted attentions...
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2019, 10:46:42 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Isaac looks up and see it's the man who climbed down from the car wall a few minutes earlier.

The man has a hunting rifle in his hands and a whistle on his lapel. "Cute suit. Now drop all your metal!" he commands.

*sigh*
Try to discretely get to a location where I can get to Isaac's position quickly without looking rushed (because people are generally more inclined to not be worried about you if you're not acting like there's anything to worry about).
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 18, 2019, 12:08:34 am »

Alright. This looks pretty bad, but we can still try and defuse the situation.  Attempt to calm  the man down, and  slowly make my way over towards Theodore. 

" Chill, man, it's been a while! My friend here's been locked up in a freezer for who knows how long! Think his brain might be a little scrambled. Besides, you're about as human as anyone."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Everything is gone to the dogs...
« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2019, 01:32:38 am »

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. My body shoots lasers now when injured. It's why my clothes are singed."

Lie better with my Silver Tongue about the perils of harming me. Like the character in my third book, Heist of the Stars., where the protagonist lies about a self-defense contingency embedded into his flesh in the case of harm while being held hostage by the United Ascendancy.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 01:34:55 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2019, 05:28:15 am »

The Castle
Not inclined to resort to violence immediately, Issac responds by pulling one of the syringes out of his pocket at random using his left hand, then drops it. "I'm afraid that the only metal that I have to drop would be the sharp end of a needle. Don't even think about blaming me for what happens if you don't do a damn good job of washing it thief!"
Isaac drops the russet syringe. The man frowns as Isaac calls him a thief. "You've got a lot of nerve calling me a thief, if you're a bodysnatcher."

With his right hand behind his back, Issac uses his Faceshift ability to grow out a flap of skin that can be used to conceal his goldfinger, suspecting that this might be a potential point of contention.
[3+1+1weird-1tinyhand=4]
There isn't enough skin from his one tiny hand to fold over his normal-sized goldfinger. His hand jerks involuntarily forward with the pain of trying to generate new folds of skin on demand.

"What the- what's wrong with your hand?" says the man, clearly increasingly on edge.

Isaac: +1 tally for critical failure

Try to discretely get to a location where I can get to Isaac's position quickly without looking rushed (because people are generally more inclined to not be worried about you if you're not acting like there's anything to worry about).
[Amoretto rolls 5+1+0body=6]
Amoretto walks carefully across the street, out of sight of the guard, hoping to get into a better position.

"HEY!" a woman shouts. She's dressed in double-denim and wielding a crossbow. Black dreadlocks hang down her back. A thin looking young man with a nervous weaselly face (though not obviously mutated) stands beside her. He swings out a metal detector.

"Drop your metal!" the woman shouts.

Hidden behind a buddleia, Tim Tam sees this all unfold.

Amoretto gains +1 tally for critical failure.

Clocktower
"Agasha-san, have you seen any old flyers that might tell what year this happened?"[/color]
"No, I haven't seen anything like that," Agasha says, shaking her huge crocodile head. "I've been so hungry... I haven't focused on much else. I haven't even seen so much as a newspaper. Everything is rotten here."

“On bright side, we found material for shelter.”  I try to haul some pieces of sheeting outside to make a shelter
[Kateryna rolls 6+2+2body=10]
Kateryna manages to pull free the plastic sheet with the advertisement for uploxing.

Kateryna has gained a plastic sheet.

Residential Sycamore Woods
What could that sound be? Friend? Foe? Either way, that sounds like the place to be! Go NW!
[El Tigre rolls 4+3+0wits=7]
Pushing his way through the thickets of knotweed, El Tigre travels northwest. He soon finds himself surrounded by spindly sycamore trees bursting out from a ruined twist of residential streets. He walking in between semi-detached houses in various states of collapse. He briefly glimpses a figure he recognises in a window of one of the houses. Was that the doctor from the lab? He doesn't have much time to act on that before he spots a great insectile robot with thin razor-sharp legs clambering across a nearby rooftop.

The Mall
Alright. This looks pretty bad, but we can still try and defuse the situation.  Attempt to calm  the man down, and  slowly make my way over towards Theodore. 

" Chill, man, it's been a while! My friend here's been locked up in a freezer for who knows how long! Think his brain might be a little scrambled. Besides, you're about as human as anyone."
"I wouldn't do that if I were you. My body shoots lasers now when injured. It's why my clothes are singed."

Lie better with my Silver Tongue about the perils of harming me. Like the character in my third book, Heist of the Stars., where the protagonist lies about a self-defence contingency embedded into his flesh in the case of harm while being held hostage by the United Ascendancy.
[Ed rolls 6+1+1empathy-1hunger=7]
[Theodore rolls 6+5+2weird+1scifiauthor+1singedclothing-1abouttobelunch=14]
Ed approaches the tentacled man, palms out, trying to ameliorate the situation. He gets right up to the cephalic brute without being smashed aside.

All the while Theodore rattles off his desperate lies and nothing has ever sounded more true. He could almost swear that a mercury haze comes over the brute's three eyes. All of a sudden he drops Theodore.

"HELLESBLUT! THE INNER LIGHT! AS THE SEVENTH HEART SANG! DRINK WITH ME O SECOND MAN ALIVE! O THIRD MAN? O FOURTH?"

With a flick of tentacles, he thrusts one of the bottles of vodka into Theodore's hands, another in Ed's and he lobs a bottle down the mall concourse at Timmy, where it bounces off his rubber head.

Ed has gained a bottle of vodka.

Theodore has gained a bottle of vodka.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 10:50:11 am by notquitethere »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Making friends!
« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2019, 06:12:35 am »

"Damn it, the house was for sale and they didn't leave a thing."
Grab the flyer, then head into the kitchen and pull off two of the cabinet doors and search the kitchen while I'm at it, then look for any wires that are sticking out and pull them out.
Spoiler: Dr. Goldstine (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2019, 07:01:00 am »

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

AHA! Insecto brilliante! They seem like a worthy opponent! Pull him off the top rope rooftop so we can fight mano a mano.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2019, 09:01:09 am »

Residential Sycamore Wood
Grab the flyer, then head into the kitchen and pull off two of the cabinet doors and search the kitchen while I'm at it, then look for any wires that are sticking out and pull them out.
[Burt rolled 5+6+1body=12]
Burt tears two of the cabinet doors of their hinges in the kitchen and leaps up and yanks out a light fitting from the ceiling. He's coated in plaster as he yanks the wire out of the length of the ceiling, all the way to the wall. With a final heft he snaps it off, leaving him with a long length of cable.

Burt has gained: flyer x1, cabinet doors x2, long wire x1.

AHA! Insecto brilliante! They seem like a worthy opponent! Pull him off the top rope rooftop so we can fight mano a mano.
[Tigre rolled 3+4+2body+1luchadore=10]
While Burt wrestles with fixtures and fittings, El Tigre Picante has a different target in mind. The robot is clambering over the roof. El Tigre runs up to the wall below and leaps up, clamping his metal hand around one of its long legs and flapjacks him off the roof, slamming it down onto the ground for a fairer fight. The great insectoid begins to scramble to its feet.

From within the safety of his house, Burt hears an almighty crash of metal on tarmac from outside.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2019, 10:32:30 am »

-_-
Slowly and clearly lay my meterstick on the ground, then put both hands in the air.
“Myself and a couple others just woke up from cryo. We’ve just been searching around trying to get our bearings. I promise you, I have no hostile intentions.
Ah... what year is it, actually?”
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2019, 10:49:27 am »

“Is meat of cybear outside rotten? Even so, I found something edible in booth.” If the Cybear meat is still good, make a fire and cook some. If not, share my edible item with the team.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2019, 11:23:40 am »

I'd rather have the Cybear meat. First though.. Might be wise to find a weapon to use if things like those are around. And fire can attract them.. Mind if we look around some more?

Propose North Movement.

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2019, 01:11:49 pm »

“I will follow you then.” Agree to north Movement.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 18, 2019, 04:16:47 pm »

At this point Issac was pretty confident that he wasn't going to make friends here. Convincing this guy to let him leave might still be on the cards though. Issac then proceeds to explain what is actually wrong with his hand, saying stuff that is all technically true, but that also paints a misleading picture. So basically talking like a regular lawyer.

"Bit by some mutant cyborg dog thing back in Walt Lab. I'll spare you the details. As I said; a damn good job washing it. I'm going now. Try and stop me if you want to find out if I'm contagious."

If it looks like he can do so, Issac walks off to the Southeast

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 18, 2019, 09:11:41 pm »

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

El Tigre feints a kick to the bug-brain, and instead performs an elbow drop to the prone insectoid!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Everything is gone to the dogs...
« Reply #118 on: June 19, 2019, 01:57:15 am »

"Thank you. I am Theodore, and the rubber man over there is Timmy. What is your name?"

Drink some vodka and scan the area for anything useful or cool-looking.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 19, 2019, 12:12:17 pm »

If you reach 5 tallies, you can cash them in for an upgrade at any point. See the OP.

The Castle
Slowly and clearly lay my meterstick on the ground, then put both hands in the air.
“Myself and a couple others just woke up from cryo. We’ve just been searching around trying to get our bearings. I promise you, I have no hostile intentions.
Ah... what year is it, actually?”
"Bit by some mutant cyborg dog thing back in Walt Lab. I'll spare you the details. As I said; a damn good job washing it. I'm going now. Try and stop me if you want to find out if I'm contagious."
[Amoretto rolled 1+3-1empathy=3]
[Isaac rolled 6+5-1empathy=10]
The woman is incredulous. "You think I was born yesterday? Everyone knows cryo is bunk. 'What year is it?' Hah!"

The slim man runs his metal detector up and down Dr Amoretto. It doesn't make a sound.

"Cor blast me," he says. "Yer orright? Yer graft is zackly like a flame."

"Is he clear?" the woman says.

"He's suffen, but thars no one ridden."

The woman steels herself. "I'm Cass. This is Blakely. Welcome to the Keep. Any true men and women can join us here. Or you can bugger off, I don't care. After dark we shoot on sight." She looks up to the sky. "So in about four hours or so. Go ahead and pick up your stick."

Blakely carries on round to where Isaac is standing next to the third person from the Keep. "Hint a clue whar they are, but I shink thar not ridden."

"I don't trust them, Dell," says Cass.

"He says he took on a cyberdog," says Dell, the guard with the rifle and whistle. "That's a tick in my book."

Isaac, sensing that the tension has lifted, starts walking off.

"Dew yew keepa a troshin bor!" shouts Blakely.

Amoretto gains +1 tally for critical failure.

Flooded Bridge
If it looks like he can do so, Issac walks off to the Southeast
Isaac slips away, past where Tim Tam hides behind the flowering bushes. He walks downhill towards the river. It had clearly burst its banks at some point and this whole part of the city is heavily flooded. Here and there there rooftops poking out of the water, where they are absent indicates where the old river line had once been.

In the middle of the river rises up a metal arch of a bridge, but the bridge and the land to both sides of it is now thoroughly underwater. It would be possible to walk alongside the river's edge north or southeast, but there doesn't look like there's anywhere to cross nearby. He sees the sun growing lower in the sky.

Isaac gains +1 tally for exploration.

Old Town
“Is meat of cybear outside rotten? Even so, I found something edible in booth.” If the Cybear meat is still good, make a fire and cook some. If not, share my edible item with the team.
Propose North Movement.
“I will follow you then.” Agree to north Movement.
The 'meat' of the cyberbear is dead flesh interlaced with thousands of tiny wires. It's clearly not edible for anyone with a normal teeth and gut. Agasha has already feasted on the greater part of it. The others don't seem keen on cooking a rat here in the open, so the gang decide to carry on north. The tall buildings fall away as they enter an older part of the city. Timbered buildings still stand, hundreds of years old. There are numerous churches and ever more pubs, their shingles hanging limply. All the buildings look picked over, as if they had been boarded up and then violently opened and boarded again and again. Between the buildings, they can see a burst riverbank to the north and northeast. The rest of the city stretches out in all over directions.

The sun begins to sink. There won't be many hours left of daytime.

Keiko and Kateryna: +1 tally for exploration.

Residential Sycamore Wood
El Tigre feints a kick to the bug-brain, and instead performs an elbow drop to the prone insectoid!
[El Tigre rolls 4+2+2body+1luchadore=9]
With panache, El Tigre elbow drops the insectoid. Its metal chassis rings like a bell as he puts a huge dent in it. It scrabbles to its feet quickly and slashes El Tigre with a scissor kick. Normally this would be no problem for El Tigre, but the insectoid's legs are as sharp as scissors. Blood drips down El Tigre's shoulder as he lines up his next attack.

El Tigre has gained wound: slashed shoulder.

The Mall
"Thank you. I am Theodore, and the rubber man over there is Timmy. What is your name?"

Drink some vodka and scan the area for anything useful or cool-looking.
[Theodore rolls 1+5+1wits=7]
Theodore takes a glug of the vodka. As he does the tentacled man whips out a tentacle and nudges the bottle up, forcing him to drink much more of the strong alcohol.

"ONCE I WAS A BENJAMIN! A CRUEL NAME FOR A MAN WHO NEVER SAW A HUNDRED DOLLARS! THEY CALLED ME BENNY. THEY CALLED ME TERROR. THEY CALLED ME OHGODSTOPPLEASESTOPEATINGME. MY LAST NAME!"

With woozy eyes, Theodore looks around and sees the hardware shop hasn't been completely looted: there's a hammer left on one of the shelves, many nails, some plastic netting, a pile of cracked flowerpots. Benny has a shopping trolley piled up with weapons and booze, bottles of water and cans of beans.

Timmy bounces over and says quietly, "I'm with you 100% but, uh... you sure he'll not just eat us in our sleep?"

Theodore is now pretty drunk.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44