Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 64454 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Lots of new friends?
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2019, 12:52:29 pm »

"You okay in there?" she yells into the collapsed area.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Day 1 begins!
« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2019, 12:59:51 pm »

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

Nothing here for me. Move South!

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2019, 01:36:09 pm »

am okay, just stuck.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2019, 01:47:54 pm »

Ha.. "Agasha-san, do you have the strength to lift some of this? What happened to me is better for running than this.."

OoC, might help if you used "this". Or is that just Russian entirely? Cause as is, looks to be thought rather than speech.

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2019, 02:44:01 pm »

Fair enough.
Also it’s Ukrainian, not Russian. Similar Slavic languages, but not the same.
I was just using italics for speech, bold for actions, and normal text for ooc
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 02:48:54 pm by TheRedwolf »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2019, 04:25:22 pm »

Issac decides to distance himself from the castle, and look around for food. If there are bees, then there is probably a beehive not too far away.

Spoiler: Isaac Revero (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2019, 06:14:49 pm »

The Castle
Indicate to the others that we should move east and check out the nearby river.
Amoretto points towards the riverside and hisses to the other that they should go that way.

Issac decides to distance himself from the castle, and look around for food. If there are bees, then there is probably a beehive not too far away.
[Isaac rolls: 3+1+2wits=6]
Isaac ignores Amoretto's suggestion and starts chasing after bumblebees. He follows one of them from bush to bush, hoping to track it back to the hive. To this end, he steps into a side street running parallel to the ring-road around the castle. Soon however he is disturbed by a whistle blowing from a nearby doorway. Isaac looks up and see it's the man who climbed down from the car wall a few minutes earlier.

The man has a hunting rifle in his hands and a whistle on his lapel. "Cute suit. Now drop all your metal!" he commands.

The guard doesn't seem to have seen the Tim Tam or Amoretto, though there is no clear way for either to approach him unseen from his position in the doorway.

Isaac gains +1 tally for critical failure.

Clocktower
блин I check the booth for food...
[Kateryna rolled 4+3+2wits=9]
Kateryna looks for something edible in the booth. It's too dark to see anything in the booth, but she feels something scamper over her foot... there's a rat in here with her!
Ha.. "Agasha-san, do you have the strength to lift some of this? What happened to me is better for running than this.."

[Keiko rolls 3+5+2empathy=10]
"Together we can do it!" says Agasha with surprising enthusiasm.

It takes a bit of time, but Keiko and Agasha manage to safely carry the bits of wood and siding off of the reception booth. Eventually, Kateryna spots light and is able to crawl free! Agasha pulls the Ukranian woman to her feet.

Keiko: +1 tally for rescuing a friend from danger.

Residential Knotweed
Nothing here for me. Move South!
[El Tigre rolls 6+4+2body=12]
With consummate ease El Tigre manages down the thorns in front of him without so much as a scratch. In this way, he forges a path south through the estate. He soon finds himself clambering over crumbled houses, their foundations destroyed by an out-of-control profusion of Japanese knotweed. He pushes his way through the thick plants and soon finds himself surrounded in a forest of bamboo-like stalks and huge green leaves that grow in a zig-zag pattern from their stalks. The greenery seems to stretch on forever. There is silence all around, except for a momentary screech of metal to the northwest and a continual light burbling of water to the southeast.

El Tigre: +1 tally for exploration.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 06:17:17 pm by notquitethere »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Everything is gone to the dogs...
« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2019, 06:29:15 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Last man? You don't look much like a human anymore. I don't think you qualify. Unless you happen to have some actual scraps of humanity and morality left. Either way, you'd be dead before you could crack a ribcage. I guarantee it. It'd be much safer for you to join us."

Put my Silver Tongue to use and lie to convince this guy to join us. We need a heavy.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - The Light of Day...
« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2019, 06:40:28 pm »

Current Locations
(Outside) The Castle: Isaac, Dr Amoretto, Tim Tam + NPC Unknown Guard
(Beneath) The Clocktower: Kateryna, Keiko + NPC Agasha
(Inside) The Mall: Theodore, Ed + NPC Timmy + NPC Unknown Raving Mutant
(Among) Residential Knotweed: El Tigre
(In A House Within) Residential Sycamore Wood: Dr Burt Goldstine + (Outside The House) NPC Unknown Murderous Insectoid
(Inside) Walt Lab: (Currently Frozen) Any Number Of Future Players

Current Mysteries Yet To Fathom (non-exhaustiveness list)
+1 tally for the character(s) getting to the bottom of each...
What happened to the people leaving Walt Lab?
Why was everyone mutated?
How do the mutations work?
What is the date?
Where did all the people in the city go?
Why does civilisation appear to have collapsed here?
Is it like this all over Earth?
What city is this?
Why were the frozen people moved to this city?
Who are the people in the Castle?
Why are they there?

Mysteries Fathomed
The cyberdogs are not alive, they are actually remote-controlled biomechanical drones.

Put my Silver Tongue to use and lie to convince this guy to join us. We need a heavy.
[Theodore rolls 1+2+2weird=5]
The man takes a swig of one of his bottles and roars out a hearty laugh. "NOT HUMAN? WHY DON'T YOU SAY THAT TO MY FACE?"

One of his tentacles unfurls, dropping a vodka bottle which smashes on the hard floor. Then with alarming speed it whips out, stretching many times his own body length towards the trio. The tentacle wraps around Theodore and he is pulled towards the drunken mutant.

Timmy runs at the assailant, and takes a sledgehammer to the chest, bouncing him back past Ed at great speed. "Whaaa!!" Timmy cries out as he is hurtled away.

Theodore gains +1 tally for critical failure.

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Unwanted attentions...
« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2019, 06:45:24 pm »

“Thank you. I am in your debt. It feels good to have... friends, if I may call you that.”
take a plank or such and try to kill the rat

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2019, 06:49:04 pm »

take a plank or such and try to kill the rat
[Kateryna rolls 5+2+2body+1soldier+1plank=11]
Kateryna takes up a solid plank of wood and turns back to the booth. With a few efficient strikes, she managed to fatally bludgeon the poor cowering rodent.

Kateryna has gained a plank of wood and a dead rat.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2019, 06:49:37 pm »

Not inclined to resort to violence immediately, Issac responds by pulling one of the syringes out of his pocket at random using his left hand, then drops it. "I'm afraid that the only metal that I have to drop would be the sharp end of a needle. Don't even think about blaming me for what happens if you don't do a damn good job of washing it thief!"

With his right hand behind his back, Issac uses his Faceshift ability to grow out a flap of skin that can be used to conceal his goldfinger, suspecting that this might be a potential point of contention.

Spoiler: Isaac Revero (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2019, 07:01:01 pm »

"Well, working together is the only way to survive.. Whatever happened out here..." she mumbles.

"Also, it might help if you didn't go into old buildings without being careful..."

"Agasha-san, have you seen any old flyers that might tell what year this happened?"

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2019, 07:47:09 pm »

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

What could that sound be? Friend? Foe? Either way, that sounds like the place to be! Go NW!

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2019, 10:20:57 pm »

“On bright side, we found material for shelter.”  I try to haul some pieces of sheeting outside to make a shelter
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44