Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: SCP: CR - SCP Society/Deployment Phase, March 2020  (Read 6966 times)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
SCP: CR - SCP Society/Design Phase, February 2020
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2019, 12:08:13 pm »

Operational Status Report, January 2020
GM Note: Making a quick change, the Papal City is actually called Vatican City, otherwise nothing's different

Vatican City Operations

Two operatives were dispatched to Vatican City in early January with the orders to respond to and investigate creature attacks. Their investigation initially uncovered little. Although the creature struck in broad daylight, no two witnesses provided the same description of the thing. Some said it resembled an angel, others a dog, or a police officer, or any number of things. Most times, though, people refused to answer the strange questions coming from a pair of people in plainclothes with no identification. Unfortunately the drone proved of little use in the Vatican City's streets due to it's lack of stealth and finesse in the heavily-guarded area. Thankfully there was a breakthrough in the investigation in mid-January - they'd identified the only person to remember details about a target of this creature.

She was an older woman living in a single room home outside Vatican City's walls, thickly decorated with Christian iconography. She was kind and inviting, though annoyed at being questioned again. The victim in question was her niece, who'd just left a very abusive relationship and had moved in with her until she'd gotten back on her feet. They were in Vatican City when the creature struck, though she referred to the creature as the Holy Spirit. It had flown through her niece with a blinding flash. When the woman could see again, her niece was gone. She showed the agents pictures of family, pointing to spots where her niece should have been. There were no spaces between people, or odd distortions in the image. It really was as if the girl was never there in the first place.

The one thing that stood out during the conversation was the niece's desire to, to put it quite plainly, disappear. She felt safer away from her abusive expartner, but not quite safe enough. The two agents considered attempting to lure the creature if it really did hunt based on that desire, but decided against it.

You currently have a few leads to follow up on for the next Deployment Phase, however you can continue a general investigation, or perhaps look into something else entirely that caught your eye.
Investigate the Ex
Investigate the Niece
Investigate the Aunt

Chilean Operations

The three agents dispatched to the Chilean Coast began their investigations in January in earnest. Immediately upon landing in an isolated airfield north of Laguna San Rafael National Park it became clear that seismic activity had not ceased in the area. Still, there was the matter of the island to investigate. The team of agents and their Mastiff rolled through the forest lightly coated in snow, and with the occasional aid of their drone were able to easily identify and plot a course from above. The trio eventually hit the coast, and right where they were told an island would be, but shouldn't be was an island.

Or more accurately, a roiling mass of dirt just above the water. While the drone's camera had poor resolution, the team was still able to clearly identify a large round mass embedded in the direct center of the perfectly circular island. The team set up camp and studied from afar.

Late in the investigation the team identified activity nearby - another trio of people had shown up and expressed an interest in the island. They didn't directly confront our agents, but should be dealt with soon before they do something to compromise the operation.

You currently have a few leads to follow up on for the next Deployment Phase, however you can continue a general investigation, or perhaps look into something else entirely that caught your eye.
Investigate the Mass
Investigate the False Seismic Reports
Investigate the Sea Floor

Hong Kong Operations

Causeway Bay was the target of another three field agents. As with Vatican City, local law enforcement wasn't a big fan of drones flying around, and so that piece of equipment served very little lest it draw attention to our agents.

Once again word of mouth was the game, and the three investigators set about looking into the recent string of disappearances. They hit the same limitations as in Vatican City, and it took a good bit of time to find the connection between victims: they were all blood type A+. By some sort of luck (good or bad depends on how you look at it), none of our investigating agents carried A+ blood.

One of the agents was on their way back to the designated safehouse when an unmarked van turned sharply into the alleyway next to the building. The agent contacted and tried to warn the two inside as six people wearing balaclavas and wielding AK-12s kicked their way into the side door. One of the agents inside managed to grab some of their notes and escape, wounded but alive, while the other was killed holding off the attackers. Two were confirmed downed, though news reports of the incident remark that no bodies were discovered at the scene.

With the safehouse compromised and the agents coming under direct attack, the investigation was heavily stymied. They did manage to escape with their notes, so those fortunately did not fall into the wrong hands.

Investigate Attackers
Deploy Agent w/ Blood Type A+

----------------

Due to the lack of Contained Anomalies, no experimentation can be done. That means I'm cramming the Information Phase's world info here but we're technically entering the Design Phase. In the future this will be when you decide on experiments and stuff like that. Luckily...

There are currently no new or uninvestigated reports of anomalous activity.

You replenish +1 Field Agents.

----------------

IT IS NOW THE DESIGN PHASE

Spoiler: Human Resources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Armory (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: SCP: CR - SCP Society/Design Phase, February 2020
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2019, 01:30:58 pm »

What if we design some sort of armor for our agents?

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2019, 02:04:46 pm »

What if we design some sort of armor for our agents?

Strictly speaking, we do already have body armor for our agents. It isn't inconspicuous however, which can make it awkward for urban investigations like these.

If we go for this, we should emphasize either greater protection or concealability (that is, if we put a shirt on over it, how obvious is it that we're wearing armor?). I'd prefer the later,.

Still, discussion! Let's see what we can come up with before we rush into a vote!

Also, note that the AK-12 is a modern Russian Assault Rifle. I'm not 100% sure we were dealing with whatever the potential anomaly was there. I hypothesize that those were our contemporaries over in OKB.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2019, 11:40:20 am »

We can make a design to take Delta's to field operations, allowing us to have someone cheap to do simple and risky things, like the kidnapping, here's a sketch:
Delta plus
Sometimes someone could die in the investigations of  anomalies, that usually not a problem, we have Delta class personal for that, but sometimes the investigation involve more coronated action, for that we develop the Delta plus class personal and produces, those people are selected from the less violent and more disciplined Deltas we receive, in exchange for the expectation to adhere to orders given by our field agents and pass some short training in whatever seems necessary for the mission, those people would be given higher standard of living and a more humane treatment from staff when not on mission.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2019, 12:33:29 pm »

We can make a design to take Delta's to field operations, allowing us to have someone cheap to do simple and risky things, like the kidnapping, here's a sketch:
Delta plus
Sometimes someone could die in the investigations of  anomalies, that usually not a problem, we have Delta class personal for that, but sometimes the investigation involve more coronated action, for that we develop the Delta plus class personal and produces, those people are selected from the less violent and more disciplined Deltas we receive, in exchange for the expectation to adhere to orders given by our field agents and pass some short training in whatever seems necessary for the mission, those people would be given higher standard of living and a more humane treatment from staff when not on mission.
+1

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2019, 03:40:47 pm »

The issue with that is simple: We chose the UK as our starting nation; we only have 3 D-Class personnel. I imagine that it'll regenerate just as fast as before (that is, instantly), so it could be a nice shot of manpower when we need it.

My gut instinct says no, but we do have a potential manpower gap if they went for basing in Russia, a gap that this could potentially fill.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2019, 04:06:36 pm »

It's more for stuff like the Hong Kong operation that requires an agent that we would probably lose, so it's better if we spend a D-class instead, but it's also have potential in combat, yes.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2019, 08:49:13 pm »

Okay, here's our problems....

1. The drone is too big and obvious to be used in 2/3 of our present environments.

2. Unless these anomalies are visible to the naked eye, we have no means to spot or track them.

3. The OKB are totally cool with murdering us all with zero provocation or warning.

So here's a solution:

Design: FIST Enabled Remote Surveillance (FISTERS) Camera

Based heavily off our FIST C4I architecture, the FISTERS Camera is a concealable wireless dual lens camera designed to fulfill both investigative and tactical mission sets.  Slightly larger than a golf ball, the device continuously records audio, visible light video and thermal video to a removable encrypted microSD card.  The device is programmable and streamable via a paired FIST tablet, up to 500 ft away.  A FIST tablet can be paired with up to nine cameras simultaneously, allowing the creation of a hasty surveillance network guarding a safehouse or monitoring an anomaly site.  The battery should last over 24 hours of continuous streaming.  The camera includes and optional clothing clip and universal weapon attachment for more aggressive use.  Naturally, it's also small enough to be carried and placed via aerial drone.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 09:00:41 pm by ConscriptFive »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2019, 09:16:44 pm »

Okay, here's our problems....

1. The drone is too big and obvious to be used in 2/3 of our present environments.

2. Unless these anomalies are visible to the naked eye, we have no means to spot or track them.

3. The OKB are totally cool with murdering us all with zero provocation or warning.

So here's a solution:

Design: FIST Enabled Remote Surveillance (FISTERS) Camera

Based heavily off our FIST C4I architecture, the FISTERS Camera is a concealable wireless dual lens camera designed to fulfill both investigative and tactical mission sets.  Slightly larger than a golf ball, the device continuously records audio, visible light video and thermal video to a removable encrypted microSD card.  The device is programmable and streamable via a paired FIST tablet, up to 500 ft away.  A FIST tablet can be paired with up to nine cameras simultaneously, allowing the creation of a hasty surveillance network guarding a safehouse or monitoring an anomaly site.  The battery should last over 24 hours of continuous streaming.  The camera includes and optional clothing clip and universal weapon attachment for more aggressive use.  Naturally, it's also small enough to be carried and placed via aerial drone.
+1

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2019, 08:43:54 pm »

Let's keep this ball rolling...

Quote from: Votebox
Delta Plus (1): Rockeater
FISTERS Camera (2): ConFive, Naturegirl1999

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2019, 09:39:55 am »

Quote from: Votebox
Delta Plus (1): Rockeater
FISTERS Camera (3): ConFive, Naturegirl1999, TTE
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
SCP: CR - SCP Society/Deployment Phase, February 2020
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2019, 09:33:19 pm »

Design Phase, February 2020

Proposal: FISTERS Camera
Difficulty: Easy
Result: (6+2)+1=9, Above Average

The FISTERS Camera is a visual and audio recording device that could fit in the palm of one's hand. The cameras record both the visible spectrum as well as infrared signatures with the quality of a professional photographer's camera. Resolution is not sacrificed when viewing distant objects thanks to optical zooming. Memory within the camera can store up to 24 hours of high quality footage, and can stream or save video to a FIST tablet or receiver up to 200m away. The camera can also take still photos through remote or manual command via a small button. The camera can be attached to clothing thanks to an optional clip.

A single FIST tablet can be linked to and operate up to a dozen FISTERS at a time.

Notably, the camera on our drones has been replaced with a FISTERS.

----------------

It is now the Deployment Phase. Propose operations and investigations you wish to pursue, or attempt to secure an anomaly for yourself. Remember that you may aim to follow specific leads. With the introduction of leads I also feel it is pertinent to mention that multiple teams can be sent to investigate the same anomaly should you wish to focus on multiple leads. Remember too that you aren't limited to the leads I mentioned. Not only will I not tell you everything that could develop into something else, but some of the ones I give may be dead ends entirely. Just thought you should know before I drop The Big Oof on someone.

There is a bonus to investigations if they go uninterrupted and you don't juggle personnel around the world.

I should also mention that, due to a general lack of activity all around, I'm removing the "keep it off discord" restriction. It may miff a few people that I've reversed my decision, but that's tough cookies. I want people to communicate and get excited, and while the time between updates certainly didn't help, there was still minimal conversation on either side of the Operational Status Report. I will still push that discussion on Discord be carried over so people remain in the loop, since I also hate when people go "as discussed in discord..." and post something without in-depth explanation, but it's easier for people to work up excitement when they can communicate rapidly.

I also want to express the fact that I would love some fluff written about your organization and it's employees. While it won't do much in the way of mechanics, it's creatively rewarding to be able to follow a specific agent's path through operations. They won't get plot armor, but it'd be cool. I like cool.

Spoiler: Human Resources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Armory (click to show/hide)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SCP: CR - SCP Society/Deployment Phase, February 2020
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2019, 10:22:23 pm »

We have that camera but I feel we should send everything to the island, we at least found something we need to investigate directly quickly.

9 agents and 1 d-class, send the air transport with a mastiff.  Give everyone a camera so we can send the d-class in first.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2019, 04:29:19 am »

We have that camera but I feel we should send everything to the island, we at least found something we need to investigate directly quickly.

9 agents and 1 d-class, send the air transport with a mastiff.  Give everyone a camera so we can send the d-class in first.
+1

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2019, 05:38:42 am »

Can we even send the D class like that? That was the goal of the design I suggested
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9