Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: SCP: CR - SCP Society/Deployment Phase, March 2020  (Read 6968 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SCP: CR - SCP Society/Design Phase, January 2020
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2019, 07:42:45 pm »

For the record I do think the ammo thing is a good idea but we may want to see how our agents do in the field before making 3-4 specific types of ammo.  Maybe even spend a whole design for a specific one.  Like a reality anchor one for dealing with potential reality benders the correct Cleft way :)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
SCP: CR - SCP Society/Deployment Phase, January 2020
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2019, 03:24:54 pm »

Design Phase, January 2020

Proposal: "D-Class" Scouting Drone
Difficulty: Hard
Result: (3+1)-1=3, Buggy Mess

A bulky rotary-blade recon drone controlled by an operator from the ground. It's camera has poor resolution and limited zooming capability. It has very limited range and has trouble compensating for even a mild breeze. If an operator loses contact with the drone it plummets straight to the Earth and control is impossible to regain. It provides an eye in the sky, even if that eye's got glaucoma and severe allergies.

----------------

It is now the Deployment Phase. You are responsible for assigning tasks to your Field Agents at this point in time. You can choose to investigate or attempt to capture/contain an anomaly, and the amount of detail for any plan is up to you. If you decide on a goal other than the two provided (for example, if you wanted to attack a naval base for some reason, or hijack an airplane) you can propose it. If I don't outright say it's not possible then it can be done. I will not give potential effects before the Action Phase's summary.

Spoiler: Human Resources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Armory (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: SCP: CR - SCP Society/Deployment Phase, January 2020
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2019, 03:42:47 pm »

Send all researchers to the cassowary island along with D class personnel to try and investigate and learn more about what's going on

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2019, 04:33:05 pm »

Send all researchers to the cassowary island along with D class personnel to try and investigate and learn more about what's going on

Uh... Naturegirl? I don't think our researchers and D-class are exactly equipped or trained to deal with field work against complete unknowns...
That's what we have Field Agents for. Which we have 10 of. And remember, investigations favor small deployments over large ones. Unless we're planning on trying to blitz a containment with no prior knowledge of what exactly we're dealing with, it's likely more efficient to spread out our investigations instead of going all-in on one.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2019, 04:36:17 pm »

ok
I've never played this before, your plan will be better than mine, we will go with your plan.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2019, 05:21:18 pm »

ok
I've never played this before, your plan will be better than mine, we will go with your plan.

If it makes you feel any better, none of us have played this before. Most Arms Race games have differences between them, making them unique in some way mechanically.

Anyhow, as to a plan (note that I am horrible at naming things):
Plan Alpha
Deploy 3 Agents to Hong Kong's Causeway Bay to investigate the disappearances
Deploy 3 Agents to the Island off the Chilean Coast. Take samples, explore, that sort of thing
Deploy 4 Agents to the Papal City, investigate and track down the mysterious creature. Try to stop it from attacking again, or at least, ensure that its attack stays out of the public's 'view'

Reasoning behind this: it's a balanced approach, with the 4 in the Papal City being due to the fact that we do have proof of a hostile anomaly. While the disappearances in Hong Kong could certainly be classified as 'hostile', we still don't have proof of any anomalies yet. That being said, that could be reason to switch our focus. Or we can 'focus' on the island to try and keep it under wraps I guess.
Or we could do something completely different! MoP has given us freedom in this phase.

Feel free to plan, everyone. Alternatives are never harmful! Or point out flaws in my plan. Like how I'm deploying our entire Field Agent force and as such places them all in some amount of risk when we only recover 1 per turn normally; so if things go wrong across the board....

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2019, 05:25:50 pm »

ok

If it makes you feel any better, none of us have played this before. Most Arms Race games have differences between them, making them unique in some way mechanically.

Anyhow, as to a plan (note that I am horrible at naming things):
Plan Alpha
Deploy 3 Agents to Hong Kong's Causeway Bay to investigate the disappearances
Deploy 3 Agents to the Island off the Chilean Coast. Take samples, explore, that sort of thing
Deploy 4 Agents to the Papal City, investigate and track down the mysterious creature. Try to stop it from attacking again, or at least, ensure that its attack stays out of the public's 'view'

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2019, 09:30:07 pm »

Quote from: Voting interface
January 2020 Deployment Plan:
"Plan Alpha": 3 (Jilladilla, Naturegirl, TTE)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2019, 12:35:28 am »

I think we should send 5 agents at 2 locations instead of investigating all 3 and the Hong Kong murders don't seem urgent.  With few agents sending more would be preferable.

Not sure if we should concentrate on securing the island rather then exploring it.

Plan Two
Deploy 5 Agents to the Island off the Chilean Coast. Take samples, explore, that sort of thing
Deploy 5 Agents to the Papal City, investigate and track down the mysterious creature. Try to stop it from attacking again, or at least, ensure that its attack stays out of the public's 'view'

Quote from:  Voting interface
"Plan Alpha": 3 (Jilladilla, Naturegirl, TTE)
"Plan Two": 1 (voidslayer)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2019, 01:02:20 pm »

"Plan Alpha": 4 (Jilladilla, Naturegirl, TTE, Doomblade)
"Plan Two": 1 (voidslayer)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2019, 01:42:16 pm »

"Plan Two": 2 (voidslayer, Rockeater)
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2019, 07:59:28 pm »

"Plan Two": 3 (voidslayer, Rockeater, Blood_Librarian)
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2019, 08:04:30 am »

Gonna lock votes in, oh, 8 to 10 hours so we can get our first action report out. Make arguments for your plan, them votes are pretty close!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2019, 09:22:00 am »

Gonna lock votes in, oh, 8 to 10 hours so we can get our first action report out. Make arguments for your plan, them votes are pretty close!
We don't have any kind of special equipment to give our guys, and those guys are pretty expensive, we only get 1 a turn, so I want to reduce the potansial for casuilties.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2019, 07:15:04 pm »

I have looked over old logs and it is clear 5 man teams are best.  One to get eaten at first, second to turn on and kill the third, fourth to disappear mysteriously then reappear in a disturbing way later and a 5th to survive and get results with severe mental or physical damage.

Really we do not know what we are facing (as always) but we need some results to start researching right away.  Also knowing what happens when we don't do anything on one of em would be good knowledge.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9