Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: The Iron Kingdom (SG/RPG)  (Read 4929 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Iron Kingdom (SG/RPG)
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2019, 07:44:58 am »

We should put the points into the Fast-Talk, Acting, and Diplomacy skills.

Before we get towns to donate bodies we should look over the maps and see what books are around.
+1

Mooply

• Bay Watcher
  • Surviving the cyberpocalypse of 2004, the future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2019, 08:13:51 am »

Improving fast-talk and acting will cost 1 point each. Improving acting costs 2 points, due to it already have 2 points invested in it. You don't have enough points to improve all 3 right now.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2019, 08:26:37 am »

So fast talk and diplomacy, then, saving the last point for when we get more points. Acton vote remains the same

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2019, 08:44:51 am »

Well, I mean, we have a necromancer pal willing to get us some entry level Necromancy spells... I say we snag one!

Death Vision is great if we need to jump an unaware foe.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2019, 08:56:21 am »

We should put the points into the Fast-Talk, Acting, and Diplomacy skills, and the Death Vision spell

Before we get towns to donate bodies we should look over the maps and see what books are around.
+1

What about this?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2019, 09:41:49 am »

Well, I mean, we have a necromancer pal willing to get us some entry level Necromancy spells... I say we snag one!

Death Vision is great if we need to jump an unaware foe.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2019, 05:50:21 pm »

*bump* now that the forum isn't flatlining.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2019, 08:14:11 pm »

Agreed. GM, This forum isn't dead

Mooply

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2019, 11:16:18 pm »

No worries. I've been working on this. It is almost done and should be updated very soon. There was a bit of behind-the-scenes stuff I had to do to make the game quicker to update in the future, but that's all finished up now.

Mooply

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2019, 06:27:35 pm »

You spend some time in Ura's libraries on the 4th floor and the libraries on the 7th floor, perusing through the maps and the various books on offer. Most of the books appear to be histories of the surrounding locations, important nobles and their families, and various legends that have been told these past 550 years. There are quite a few tomes that detail the secrets of life and death, but you are not well-versed enough in necromancy to fully understand the intricacies of the thaumatological essays. Nonetheless, you do pick up one necromantic spell: Death Vision. You can force yourself (or others) to see a possible future where the subject of the spell dies. You gain the ability to lie a bit easier by reading a story of a gnome who conned a troglodyte out of a magical gold ring. As well, you learn how to get along with others better by perusing a few tomes on diplomacy and etiquette. One piece in particular that draws your attention is a much improved (and much more up to date) map that highlights all the important cities, fortresses, and forest refuges of the world. The books on the wall seem to be put in place by location, to make reference easy in case you decide to look further into a particular location.

Spoiler: Ura's Map (click to show/hide)

You quickly point on Ura's tower, and trace your finger Northeast to the town of Whisperwalls. In order to cross, you would need to go through the savanna and deserts of the area, though many desert dwelling humans have made the place their home. The Northwest appears to be heavily Elven controlled, with massive tree refuges as far as the eye can see. To the Southwest, there appears to be a large grouping of humans, said to be a savage, burly people. To the great Southeast, there are a group of elves, humans, and dwarves that live just on the edge of the frozen Southern pole, said to be great warriors, but unwelcoming to outsiders. To the Northeast lies an island primarily populated by dwarves and humans, who are under constant threat by the great Ice Demon of the North. The Ice Demon makes its home in Icewraith, where it plots to blot out all known life and bring the world back to the anvil of Armok. To the far East lies an island that has remained uninhabitated by but a few elves, who lie away on the Eastern edge of the island. The island was once attempted to be colonized, but stories say that the cities now lie in ruins. Evil things now lurk in the shadows of that once vibrant place. To the West there appears to be some minor Elven holdings and some human coastal cities. The Elven prisoner would most likely be from there.

Lying in the heart of the world lies the great Iron City, which holds a massive population and is known as the greatest city to have ever existed. It lies outside the normal realms of kings and queens, remaining independent as its own city-state. All walks of life are welcome there, and the city is the largest trade hub available. The city has been built on the ruins of the ancient ones, which existed before time began. Beautiful white-stone towers crest the skies themselves in the area, crafted by master Dwarven architects. The city also holds the Branded Shroud Academy, which trains and teaches all of the best prospective wizards and sorcerers. Based on the reports Ura has scattered on the table, there have recently been rumors of a demonic plot inside the city, with many nobles and officials showing up dead in the streets, strange symbols carved in their bodies.

The time spent reading and researching relaxes you. You regain all lost FP.

Spoiler: Basic Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 06:42:47 pm by Mooply »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2019, 08:02:24 pm »

Head to Whisperwalls and search for the vampire

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2019, 10:09:41 am »

Head to Whisperwalls and search for the vampire
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Mooply

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2019, 01:08:06 am »

You head down to the entrance of the tower and inform Ura that you are ready to go. After a quick bit of packing, you and your new compatriot set off from the tower. Ura makes sure to send a raven off to Snuzo to watch over the tower in her absence. The necromancer appears to pack light, with but a few masks and a backpack full of scrolls on her back. The path from the tower towards Whisperwalls is an old, weather-beaten footpath that can be barely seen by the naked eye. The sparse grasses and occasional tree is all you can see in such a flat land. Ura waves her skeletal hand about at the surrounding area,
"Look around here and make good note of it. All magical power comes with a price, and that price must be paid in full. This land used to be teeming with life, but I needed it to complete my transformation. Scars like that take a long time to heal, and there are many that are not ready to accept such a thing. However, where one foolish zealot may look around and say I've ruined this land, I merely wounded it. Wounds heal, and soon enough this land will be ripe to harvest again. Only the most foolish and arrogant spellcaster will fully exhaust one's resources."
"How old are you, exactly?"
"I am over 200 years old, stop counting to be quite honest. Though, it's good to travel again. Been stuck in that tower going over the same formulas for too long. I'll have to pull out one of my disguises... either old woman or devilishly attractive sorceress. Hard to pick between the two. Or I could just put on a mask... save the mana. People don't find masks tacky do they?"
"Only if you're not putting on a play, or a show. I'm a bard, so people won't be too suspicious, I think. Just let me do the talking."
"And what about that moose that you were with, you didn't seem all that broken up that he left."
"To be quite honest, he kept second-guessing every action I made. He was also quite... violent. I don't think we made a good partnership."
"Well, you made the right choice. Stay by my side and be my assistant, and you will discover the truths of life and death itself. No one else can teach you such things."

Your trek through the savanna gives way to desert. Dusty sands blow around even sparser grasses, the air is chokingly dry, and the sun beats down hard upon the sands. As the heat rises from the sands, you can see small waves of heat distort the horizon ahead. You and Ura make your way to a small creak, which seems to have had a few planks plastered down as make-shift bridges. An old fire pit sits on the opposite side of the creak, the pot on the fire pit still bubbling slightly, though nobody seems to be around. To the immediate right of you and Ura, there sits some boxes that have been haphazardly shut with some rusty looking nails.

You feel uneasy...

"We should be by the village of Lizardsholes, though it's been a while since I've been around here. I thought we'd see the village huts by now..."

Spoiler: Basic Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2019, 08:02:45 am »

Go investigate the crates but be ready in case its an ambush.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2019, 11:28:27 am »

Go investigate the crates but be ready in case its an ambush.
+1

"Maybe something in these crates can give clues as to what happened"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6