Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21

Author Topic: Gridhood Fifth Axis: A Minimal Gridhood Game (Turn --)[Hiatus]  (Read 14540 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood Fifth Axis: A Minimal Gridhood Game (Turn 7)
« Reply #210 on: July 11, 2019, 08:11:05 am »

United Tates yet to post.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 12, 2019, 08:16:19 pm »

The last update was like five days ago. If a civ player didn't post by now, then frankly I think they deserve to have their action skipped.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 13, 2019, 08:54:59 am »

I won't have proper internet till late Tuesday.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 19, 2019, 06:22:20 pm »

So... Any news about the update?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 19, 2019, 07:33:44 pm »

F/GO. That is all.

I'll get to it sometime this week. Mostly when I feel a burst to Get it Done, after which I'll spend my next few hours doing everything and post it.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 19, 2019, 07:40:44 pm »

Maybe this will inspire you. I decided to make a new Gridhood Game myself.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 8: Oh Lonely End.

Reelia uses 6 FP to create special boots that allow the wearer to walk on water while remaining dry. She gives this to the Hests.

Gilbert, God of Cats, creates another ice sheet at B-2.

Dr. Bob, God of Science, builds a Big Wall, because he can pay for it using HIS FP. Also to prevent fighting.
It is a very pretty wall, for all that it halves the foraging ability on that tile. This also traps the Stump of the Mainstream on the Hairfolk's side.

MokeyLord creates a Totem of Growth in the middle of the United Tates' Tribe. see artifact spoiler.

Gen'iak the wise, God of Stupidity, is a bit horrified how his power has barely diminished. Clearly, there is much idiocy in this world.

End of the Tates
Like right here. Somehow, dumbness has struck the tribe of the United Tates. With no food, and no inclination, it seems they have just laid down to die, as a withering sickness spreads through them, their bodies rotting away. For some reason, the entire tribe feels the need to jump in the Pit of Oblivion.

Gen'iak the wise, God of Stupidity, is ???. Regardless, he has gained 14 FP!

The United Tates are no more, and their village lies abandoned, breaking down over the course of this cycle.

A spot is open for another Civ, though note you can't take C-3 as your place at the moment. An Event is occurring, Discussion of the Gods!

Effectively, 3 or so days from now, if there are multiple Tribes applying, the Gods will hold a discussion over which Tribe will be born through their power. The Tribe that appears will then be brought into the game with a bonus to make up for being a bit late, to be determined.

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

Hairfolk
Dr. Bob gains 2 FP from a miracle. Likewise, it seems the Hairfolk have also made a miracle, the 4 workers and 1 Mad Scientist finishing their research in merely 1 turn! More than that, the Mad Scientist made a Huge Breakthough. Choose either Wood Gathering or Wooden Spearmaking, the one you do will gain +1 Research point. +3 FP to Dr. Bob.

Promethia
3 primitive foraging tools are made.
5 workers (one injured) research Primitive Spearmaking. Amusingly, this is effectively the same thing the Hairfolk did. +1 FP to Dr. Bob., and +1 FP to Gen'iak the wise.
2 workers forage for food at C5 with 2 primitive foraging tools, bringing in 8 Food. MonkeyLord gains 1 FP from this great haul for only 2 workers.

The Kitties
1 worker prays to Gilbert. +1 FP.
1 worker researches Wood Gathering, finally completing the Tech!
The Kitties can now use [Gather Wood] as an action! Fire Research has been unlocked.
Gilbert, God of Cats gains 5 FP for their first tech completed. Dr. Bob and Reelia both gain 3 FP.
5 Workers forage A2.... 3 Food gathered. It seems overforaging is a dangerous thing. Gen'iak the wise, God of Stupidity, gains 5 FP. Dr. Bob gains 2 FP.

Hests
3 Workers Forage on D3, avoiding the poisonous fruit and the white ape as best they can. They're not very successful in the latter, and the White Ape waves to them before giving them 2 food. Otherwise, they manage to collect 12 Food. MonkeyLord is pleased, and gains 2 FP.
3 Workers Research Plant Breeding. It seems it will be a tech that takes a while. They do manage to make some additional progress on it.Further Details Locked due to complexity, achieve 1/3 progression for notes on toxic fruit. Gen'iak the wise gains 2 FP.

Spoiler: United Tates (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Promethia (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hairfolk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Kitties (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hests (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unique Tiles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unique Locations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Artifacts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Divine Beasts (click to show/hide)

Reelia, if you have a name for your nameless artifact?

Also, Tribe Spot open. Also, Gen'iak OP.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 08:32:58 pm by TricMagic »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Reelia names her artifact the Boots of Dryness

Reelia waits for more FP
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 06:53:57 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reelia uses 2 FP to make a geyser with water that neutralizes the poison in the fruit when washed in it at D3

Relying on modifications for everything will not always work out, you know?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh my gosh. When I saw the turn title, I was all like, oh you better not have decided to quit this game now of all times! Looks like "Oh Lonely End" meant something else thankfully. But 14fp? Even I think that's excessive. I think it should be less and as the person who would be getting all that fp, that means something when I say it. Of course, you're the gm~

Edit: Wait. If they decided not to forage when they had 0 food, then suddenly the number 14 makes sense.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 05:14:28 pm by Supernerd »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, it is the first dead civ. If it were due to war, you wouldn't get as much. Also, nobody had actually died before then, so you basically got the entire load plus a bit extra since it happened all at once.

And yes, it does. They literally starved to death cause they didn't do anything.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gen'iak the wise watches over the world...

The United Tates were no more. What occurred here wasn't your ordinary everyday stupidity. This was... Advanced Stupidity. Gen'iak's opinion towards the other mortals has taken a substantial shift as a result.

Gen'iak noticed that the Kitties were praying to a god who was not been coming to their aid. Was this stupidity on their part? Gen'iak wasn't getting FP out of it so no. The answer was clear. Any god in their right mind would have at least provided them a little bit of help after having received such a large amount of influence from them. Having just witnessed a mass starvation event and not wanting to see another, Gen'iak decided to assist them with their current food crisis...

Gen'iak feels wistful about the United Tates
Gen'iak feels uncertain about Promethia
Gen'iak feels uncertain about the Hairfolk
Gen'iak feels concerned about The Kitties
Gen'iak feels interested* in the Hests

Gen'iak feels uncertainty about Dr. Bob
Gen'iak feels unsympathetic about Gilbert, God of Cats
Gen'iak feels ambivalent about MonkeyLord
Gen'iak feels pessimistic about Reelia
Gen'iak feels somewhat disturbed towards himself.

Gen'iak the wise obliterates the Ice sheet at B1! (-2 FP)
Gen'iak the wise creates a Temperate Grassland at B1 (-3 FP)
Gen'iak the wise adds long-lived fig trees to B1 (-2 FP)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Reelia uses 2 FP to make a geyser with water that neutralizes the poison in the fruit when washed in it at D3

Relying on modifications for everything will not always work out, you know?
Right, this does seem like more of an artifact type thing. I will edit my post to just wait for more FP, then

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile

Gilbert adds Abundant Food, Really Abundant Food, and Extremely Abundant Food modifiers to A1.
it's over

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Given everything, I guess it'd make sense that that would be a few mistakes.. Adding in the Hairfolk's Mad Scientist Bonus, which effectively gives them 1 Research to either Wood Gathering or Wooden Spearmaking.

Also Hests roll. Forgot that.

... K then. No bonus, but that was pretty close.

Wait, that roll was off. Oops...

... K. Actual bonus.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 07:05:27 pm by TricMagic »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21