Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21

Author Topic: Gridhood Fifth Axis: A Minimal Gridhood Game (Turn --)[Hiatus]  (Read 14565 times)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood Fifth Axis: A Minimal Gridhood Game (Turn 4)
« Reply #135 on: June 11, 2019, 12:34:27 pm »

Reelia
Use 3 FP to create a forest on F4
At this point, pretty sure you're messing with me..

Oops
Do this instead
Reelia
Use 3 FP to make a forest on E5

I have edited my action.
Hests

The workers talk amongst themselves, discussing this new idea of 'Conservation.' They realize if they leave the forest alone for a while, they will have more food the next time they forage. It is a risky endeavor, letting their food supplies drop so low, but it is better than what would await them if they chose to strip the forest bare.

Instead, they decide to spend some time researching various topics, in the hope that they can discover a quick path to agriculture.

1 Worker Researches Agriculture
1 Worker Researches Irrigation
1 Worker Researches Herbalism
1 Worker Researches Animal Taming
1 Worker Researches Wood Gathering

2 Workers Pray to....MonkeyLord!

"Oh great MonkeyLord, hear our prayers! Help us find a new land to forage on!
MonkeyLord has heard your prayers.

Edited my post.
Next turn I will give your home tile fertile soil.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 12:37:48 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 11, 2019, 01:28:24 pm »

Anyone left?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 11, 2019, 02:16:32 pm »

I already went, don't know about the rest though, I know Monkeylord and Dr Bob went, so that leaves 3? I can check the other posts

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 11, 2019, 07:50:26 pm »

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Civs (click to show/hide)
Everybody has posted. Two gods have not declared actions, but it can probably be assumed at this point that those two gods intend to remain inactive this turn.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 11, 2019, 08:35:00 pm »

There seems to be some confusion, so I edited my post to specifically state that I will not be taking an action this turn. I didn't think that would be necessary.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 11, 2019, 08:45:11 pm »

All good, all good. I think we're ready for a turn, failing some last-minute addendum on Gilbert's part.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood Fifth Axis: A Minimal Gridhood Game (Turn 5)
« Reply #141 on: June 12, 2019, 04:45:08 pm »

Turn 5. Event: End of the Beginning

Into this World, Five Gods arrived. And into this world, 5 Tribes were born, in the Beginning.
Though they knew it not, there homes were lush with promise, the Original Tiles held more life than those to come after.

But now, the Time of the Beginning Wanes. The Fifth Axis Stabilizes. It Exists. And so, some of it's promise wanes with it.

Bonus Food Chance from from Foraging in your Home Tile is gone. And so an End, and the true Beginning of this World comes.

Rellia flounders about, creating a Forest, then sticking it at E-5.

MonkeyLord acts where Reelia does not, creating Plains at E-3. He further blesses C-3 and D-3 with Fertile Soil.

Dr. Bob, meanwhile, adds Abundant Food to A4 and A5.

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

Promethia
Time seems to pass by so quickly. Though they still recover, they can rest easy having enough housing. What isn't so easy is the change that comes, as food grows less abundant. In truth, they have yet to see what is considered normal up to this point.
3 Workers Forage C-5, finding 5 Food. Gen'iak the wise gains 1 FP from overforaging.
2 Workers Forage D-5, finding 3 Food.
Likewise, 2 workers finish the basic research of crafting Primitive Foraging Tools. More data in Completed Tech area. Dr. Bob, God of Science, gains 2 FP from this. It's not quite a proper tech, but it will make further research easier.
It is now possible to craft Primitive Foraging Tools, but they don't grant much of a bonus, if any at all. Can also be used as weapons, ala stick/rock to the head. Costs 1 Logistics Action for each Made, but doesn't use up a Worker Action, and can be used immediately by a Worker. They have a habit of being lost/broken though.

United Tates
For the United Tates, time stands still. They barely even notice the Food growing Scarcer in their home tile, lost in fervent prayer. And yet, that isn't as much an issue as it could be, for MonkeyLord listens.
4 workers pray to MonkeyLord. +4 FP
3 workers forage for food at B-3, bringing in 8 Food.
1 worker researches Shrine, but gets lost in Prayer to MonkeyLord. +1 FP.
Shrine Techs Required not met. Techs required to Research said Techs not met. Techs associated to meet those Tech Requirements not met. Point being, you're a long way off from a Shrine.

Hests
It probably doesn't need to be noted, but it's still remarkable how far the Hests have come so far. From a goddess that ignores the creation of tiles to help, to the Modifiers placed, to their own achievements. For though the World seeks for the Beginning to End, the Hests say No, and fight back against that End. Against all odds, they've managed to maintain their Home's Lush appearance.
The Forest has Evolved into a Lush Forest! It's filled with life, and has higher Collection Caps than most other forests. It also can't be created by Gods, and is Unique. MonkeyLord gains 5 FP from this Miraculous Event!
1 Worker Researches Agriculture. They end up failing. Tech Requirements not met.
1 Worker Researches Irrigation. They, along with the other researcher, find that tools might help them, though aren't sure how. +1 to Irrigation Research. Insight into New Techs to Research to reduce Irrigation's Cost, Digging Tools, Study of the Land.
1 Worker Researches Herbalism. It goes fairly normally.
2 Pray to MonkeyLord. +2 FP.

Hairfolk
And lo, in the Days of !!SCIENCE!!, wisdom was found. The Triplets hunt, and the Elder notices the change occurring. And the Tinkerer and the mad child sought their own way to preserve the Tribe.
3 workers forage for food in A-4, bringing in 7 Food. They also bring in 1 additional food.
2 workers forage for food in A-5, bringing in 4 Food. They also bring in 2 additional food.
2 Research Herdkeeping. Stupid Science begins.

The Kitties
Time passes, as it does, And on the Sheet of Ice, the original energy faded. Still, The Kitties showed restraint, and continued their prayers, working together.
1 worker prays to Gilbert. +1 FP.
1 worker researches Wood Gathering.
4 workers forage for food at A1, finding 4 Food. Someone would gain FP for this, if it wasn't actually a Wise move.. They still do though. + 1 FP to Gen'iak the wise, since the fourth kinda failed to bring in anything. Live and Learn.

For your viewing pleasure, the Antics of the Tinkerer and the Mad Child
No Trigger for learning Cost. Trigger for Huge Breakthrough!

Lo, in the ancient times of the Beginning, when food grew scarce, Ammak spoke of his dream with Tarchik the Tinkerer. And so madness began, a great hunt for knowledge. They took what to them seemed the height of toolcraft, and sought the Wilderbeasts. Of majestic zebra, the humble jackrabbit, the hunter hawk, they sought to tame. Of the Deer, they fled their charge. Of the Rabbit, they failed to catch. Of the Hawk, they could only observe. And so they learned, and failed. They tried, and failed. But it gave them new insights, into how to tame them, how to hunt, how to survive.

Any Research made by the Mad Scientist, Tarchik the Tinkerer, that can theoretically be used to tame or hunt has +1 to it's completion next turn. No Research Progress acquired this turn. Tech Requirements not yet met.

Gen'iak the wise, God of Stupidity, Reelia, God of Knowledge, & Dr. Bob, God of Science, all gain 2 FP.

Spoiler: United Tates (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Promethia (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hairfolk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Kitties (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hests (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unique Tiles (click to show/hide)

Feel free to tell me if you spot an error.

Meanwhile, stuff may happen. Yay~
 First Event Threshold has passed. So, GM notes.

United Tates: Not in the best of spots, they've got the tiles, but not the ability to feed themselves, nor any research. They likely have MonkeyLord's attention though. Rank is 4th.

Promethia: Small in number, having overforaged their home tile, they need to forage in the tile north of them. Swamps aren't the best for food without anything else either. They do have a tech that can help them, but they may end up losing someone anyway. 5th.

Hairfolk: Abundant Food won't last forever, but they are in the right place to secure a future. They can go any way really. 3rd.

The Kitties: In a very good position right now, and only need one more tile to secure a future. In my opinion, which is a bit biased, They should be able to survive fairly easily till the next Event. 1st Place Survival.

Hests: Bit iffy on them. They're next to the United Tates, so that can become an issue if they try to take a bunker approach. But they're also the most advanced tech-wise, with only The Kitties tied with them there later on this Cycle. The Lush Forest and their own Tech is a huge boon, but it can also become a Bane should they be unable to take care of it. I'll have to place them 2nd for survival. The Kitties barely edge them out with their spare food and isolation.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 04:52:10 pm by TricMagic »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 12, 2019, 05:15:56 pm »

Reelia
Use 3 FP to create Wetlands at E2
Use 3 FP to create Wetlands at D4
Use 2 FP to cause Lush growth at D4
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 06:10:29 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 12, 2019, 05:27:20 pm »

Reelia
Use 2 FP to create a Knowledge Crystal near the Hest settlement at D3. The crystal whispers bits of knowledge to those that are within a foot of it. +1 to Research

(if this doesn't work, tell me and I can edit it)
Use 3 FP to create Wetlands at E2
Use 3 FP to create Wetlands at D4
Use 2 FP to cause Lush growth at D4

Creation is okay... Lush Growth is okay. though different from the actual Lush Forest.

Also, you did read the Artifact Creation Standards right? An Artifact that increases Research of all types and never runs out runs upward into the 100+ FP range. A single use book that increases a single specific Tech Research by 1 only costs 5 FP.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 12, 2019, 05:29:23 pm »

I think I fixed it. The crystal now increases +1 of one research topic

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 12, 2019, 05:34:05 pm »

That wasn't what I meant.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 12, 2019, 06:11:09 pm »

Its not there anymore. I will read more about the artifact standards. Sorry about this

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 12, 2019, 06:29:06 pm »

Gen'iak the wise watches over the world...

Having an abundance of energy right now, Gen'iak decides to make his presence more known. He makes the world more dangerous, but only for idiots who really have no business being alive. If anyone actually dies because of this, Gen'iak figures he is doing their tribe a favor.

Gen'iak feels ambivalent about the United Tates
Gen'iak feels apathetic about Promethia
Gen'iak feels ambivalent about the Hairfolk
Gen'iak feels ambivalent about The Kitties
Gen'iak feels ambivalent about the Hests

Gen'iak feels ambivalent about Dr. Bob
Gen'iak feels ambivalent about Gilbert, God of Cats
Gen'iak feels ambivalent about MonkeyLord
Gen'iak feels ambivalent about Reelia

Gen'iak spends 2 FP to add a pit to oblivion to the grasslands of C3. This is a large hole about 20 meters in diameter. The hole is virtually bottomless and falling into this hole means certain death. A eerie purple light emanates from this hole which makes its presence blatantly obvious even to late night travelers. There are some slippery rock formations sloping outwards surrounding it, making it difficult to actually reach the hole. The odds of anyone falling into the pit to oblivion by accident are pretty much nil.

Gen'iak spends 2 FP to add maneater plants to A5. This tile is now home to a species of plant capable of devouring mortals, though they are capable of living off light, soil and water just fine. These plants are bright red in color, contrasting the surrounding area. They also have a tendency to snarl at people who get close. Avoiding these plants is trivially easy for anyone with half a brain.

Gen'iak spends 2 FP to add a labyrinth to A1. This maze of solid ice can now be found on the Ice Sheet. The labyrinth isn't really in the way of anything or near any good foraging spots and it wouldn't take too long to go around it. There are also some arrows inside it pointing to the nearest exit for good measure. If you somehow get lost and starve in this place you probably deserve to.

Gen'iak spends 2 FP to add poisonous fruit to D3. This tile now contains a kind of fruit that will kill anyone who consumes it. This fruit is bright purple in color, smells rotten even when it is fresh and causes pain to any part of the body that merely comes in contact with it. If that weren't enough, its taste is almost bad enough to make the living envy the dead. Even starving people would refuse to eat this stuff.

Gen'iak briefly considers making an evil monster at C5 that only eats people who use fire without taking safety precautions or something like that, but figures that Promethia learned its lesson already.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 12, 2019, 06:43:39 pm »

So you think Promethia was responsible for a screwup caused by Reelia?
...admittedly, that logic's not too far off some events in Greek Mythology.

Promethia
2 logistics actions are used to make Primitive Foraging Tools.
3 workers forage at C4 with 2 Primitive Foraging Tools.
3 workers forage at D5.
1 worker prays to Reelia. "We need more abundant food, or we may be forced into subsistence foraging."
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 12, 2019, 06:54:47 pm »

Hests
The Hests rejoice at the new lands towards the East, and the now Lush Forest that is their homeland. Two of them are a little too excited.

Spend 3 Food to create another worker
3 Workers Forage on D3
1 Worker Prays to MonkeyLord
1 Worker Researches Knowledge of the Land
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21