Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Smoking mod idea  (Read 788 times)

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Smoking mod idea
« on: May 28, 2019, 06:07:31 pm »

New tools - smoking pipe, hookah and bong. New 1 tile workshop - smoking chair. Dwarves smoke as reaction, use smoking tool and milled tobacco or hemp or even tea leafs. These reaction produce smoke with special syndromes.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
Re: Smoking mod idea
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 06:25:55 pm »

Sounds plausible if it's a hookah. Definitely gives glassmakers a new job, and the syndrome would be loads of fun to design.

However, there's a lot of issues with implementation as a workshop job - those are designed to be performed over and over. There's no timer limitation that has a dwarf doing it once and then taking a break (allowing others to have their turn at the stockpile) as is the case with food and drink. You'd have to manually set smoking schedules with workshop permissions and repeating job orders, which doesn't sound as fun.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 03:44:15 am »

Sounds plausible if it's a hookah. Definitely gives glassmakers a new job, and the syndrome would be loads of fun to design.

However, there's a lot of issues with implementation as a workshop job - those are designed to be performed over and over. There's no timer limitation that has a dwarf doing it once and then taking a break (allowing others to have their turn at the stockpile) as is the case with food and drink. You'd have to manually set smoking schedules with workshop permissions and repeating job orders, which doesn't sound as fun.
Just build this workshop in tavern. One dwarf will smoke in workshop, other will breathe this smoke. Temporary, but good realization.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 05:35:49 am »

I made a couple of those a long time ago, with dfhack. Removing bad thoughts, making dwarves happier from tobacco consumption. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 12:43:06 pm »

I made a couple of those a long time ago, with dfhack. Removing bad thoughts, making dwarves happier from tobacco consumption. :)

Games room is still part of masterwork with implanted thought strings, but its much more grounded in rock toys like DnD sets and footballs.