Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: Wolfhound Incorporated  (Read 24935 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wolfhound Incorporated
« Reply #180 on: July 14, 2019, 08:15:12 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

“Alright, so we go to the hospital to find Bob and the spell book, bringing some things with us like nails, hammers, screwdrivers, handsaws, or what if we bring the entire box and enchant everything inside as well as the box with the ability to increase psychic powers? This can help us in the mission. So are we ready?”

Give Oscar however many nails he can carry(2?], ask Gershom which, if any, of the tools he could use as weaponry or shielding, take a hammer, and when Oscar is ready, ask if he would like to ride on my back or be carried by talons, whichever he decides, comply, then when Oscar and Gershom are ready, fly with them to the hospital

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 14, 2019, 10:42:19 am »

"By 'find him', I meant the fox, not Bob. None of us three could carry my spellbook, and Bob is in no shape to follow us into Crab country."
Gershom glanced at the assortment of items in the toolbox and forced himself to tear his eyes away from the shiny, shiny chrome.
"Makeshift weapons? Not my thing. My beak is my sword, my wings are my shield. In less poetic terms, they suffice for anything short of a gunfight."
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 10:54:50 am by HmH »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 14, 2019, 11:21:01 am »

“Yes, that would make much more sense, we will go find the fox, I just got confused. Oscar, when you are ready, we can head to town to try and find Kit”

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 14, 2019, 02:23:58 pm »

”The fox is missing? I thought she came back with you guys while I stopped at trinkets r us.”

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 14, 2019, 02:35:17 pm »

“No, the fox is still in the city, we need to find him/her. Will you come with USA.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 14, 2019, 07:03:31 pm »

”Sure, why not? ‘Don’t leave anyone behind.’ That’s what my great-grandad always said.”

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 14, 2019, 07:33:20 pm »

Fixed, I bought my monies to where they were before I will now pretend the conversation didn’t happen Take the toolbox and exit the shed
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 09:39:37 am by Naturegirl1999 »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 14, 2019, 10:33:08 pm »

Is everyone ready?”
Start flying towards the city
(GM, this is the bolded action to focus on, sorry for holding things that didn’t need to be bolded)

follow the bird towards the city

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #188 on: July 16, 2019, 01:26:44 pm »

Mr. Itch draws a watch onto his wrist and then looks at it meaningfully.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 17, 2019, 09:55:55 am »

"Allow me to remind you, Mr. Itch," Gershom said, just as meaningfully, "That if any of this company's employees are caught by the police, all of our identities will be compromised. Would you trust a fox to keep your secrets under pressure?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 17, 2019, 09:34:19 pm »

"I say we help the beavers, it sound like something easy and I doubt that anyone will die or get maimed during it."
Search the minifridge for any alcohol and take it.
alcohol gotten. three small bottles, you greedy Zebra, you.

"Sauermann. But Sourman is close enough."
Gershom glanced at the cat suspiciously, wondering if the extra ten monies were just a ruse to get him to come into its lunging range. Probably not. The cat seemed to be in a merciful mood right now.
"So, some people need convincing that a protection racket on a couple pigeons isn't worth their time? Yeah, I think that's my profile. I'll need info on them, though. Particularly why those pigeons won't just pay the racketeers."

Get more info on the Dove job.

UPD: After I have the information, follow Oscar and Lenora on their mission to get a fox out of the cops' claws. Small critters to the rescue!

"We are less expensive than their 'payment.' Are yo ufamiliar with parasitic brooding? That's what's going on here. These cuckoos insist on the pigeons raising their children alongside their own. The pigeons refuse, they lose their own rood. they accept, and well, imagine paying child support forever, but having to raise the kids and buy all their stuff for them anyway. and also if the kids get hurt, or upset, someone else hurts your kids. Who is doing what now? Oscar and ... wasn't Lenora also stuck in the police cordon, due to hiding in a shed? Who the heck is Oscar?

(I’m assuming I was able to carry the toolbox back, I didn’t see my action here, so I’m assuming it succeeded, I can change this action according to whether this assumption is correct or not)
”I think we should try to help the doves, we should probably figure figure out who wants to go on what assignments, so we can plan accordingly”

“Alright, so we go to the hospital to find Bob and the spell book, bringing some things with us like nails, hammers, screwdrivers, handsaws, or what if we bring the entire box and enchant everything inside as well as the box with the ability to increase psychic powers? This can help us in the mission. So are we ready?”

Give Oscar however many nails he can carry(2?], ask Gershom which, if any, of the tools he could use as weaponry or shielding, take a hammer, and when Oscar is ready, ask if he would like to ride on my back or be carried by talons, whichever he decides, comply, then when Oscar and Gershom are ready, fly with them to the hospital
Is everyone ready?”
Start flying towards the city
(GM, this is the bolded action to focus on, sorry for holding things that didn’t need to be bolded)

follow the bird towards the city
If ... if you all are gonna go on a rescue mission, I need to know a) who the heck is Oscar, and b) when did Lenora manage to escape the shed and surrounding police blockade? and c) who are you rescuing and where specifically are you going?

also, one action post per turn, gang. edit or strikethrough previous actions so I don't get lot in a see of conflicting actions.

alright, I need to make a couple things clear here, I think.

1) we were in the middle of briefing for the next mission. previous mission stuff is done. you need to petition to do 'extracurricular' missions like rescuing someone from the police. Getting arrested was a risk of the last mission and was part of the challenge you were facing.

2) If I miss an action and your later actions are dependant on the outcome of that action, either bold a reminder to me and wait for me to respond, or PM me that you were missed, or speak up on the discord, so I can make corrections. I'm sometimes a little disorganized and might miss something here and there.

3) I can occasionally hand-wave a failure, if it's ambiguous (like being stuck in a shed in a police blockade.) But if yo're going to use that opportunity to jump right back in the fire, well, I need to be a liiiittle more strict, I think.

FINALLY:
has everyone decided that rescuing the stealthy fox from the police blockade and the gang is the mission you want? I advise against it, but I'll ruin it if you want.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 17, 2019, 10:13:48 pm »

Oh, i messed up badly. I think it’s too late to fix things now, unless, what if I get rid of the money I didn’t get yet and start with the shed? I remember posting an action about flying back to the office with a toolbox but this didn’t get in the action report, except now there’s been a conversation that happened that shouldn’t have happened. Is there something I can do to fix the problem AI causeda.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 17, 2019, 10:50:38 pm »

Well shoot if there’s still COPS there and if the Fox is STEALTHY then a POWERHOUSE like myself will be of little help. I think I’d be better off hearing the briefing

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 18, 2019, 12:52:28 am »

"Huh. Do the Cuckoos have a leader? Someone I can negotiate with?"
Accept the Dove job.

UPD: "Oh, by the way, boss. I've left a small surprise in the Crab territory. You could tell the Macks' intermediary that one of the Crabs' humanoids got hypnotized to go postal on his own gang. They'll probably throw in a bonus when it happens, if you warn them ahead." And be far more likely to employ Gershom if they ever need another service like that. You can never have enough clients. "I have no idea when, though. Make it clear the timeline can stretch from days to months, until he sees that perfect moment for doing the most damage."
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 07:42:51 am by HmH »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 18, 2019, 01:34:53 am »

Could I get a slightly more in-depth description of the Antartica mission? Unless I misenterpreted the post, and that IS the mission that’s above our pay grade.
If everyone else is ready, I’ll sign on for the dove mission.

Spoiler: Rosy (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16