Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Wolfhound Incorporated  (Read 25012 times)

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wolfhound Incorporated
« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2019, 09:14:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Unleash another blast to cause more panic and thin out the crowd a bit, keeping track of where the Crabs are going

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2019, 05:56:48 am »

"Everything's going poorly for me today."
Put out the fire on my sleeve, then go look for something that can replace my pants like a trash bag, tarp or something.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Never trust a smiling Cephalopod
« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2019, 09:15:33 pm »

Spoiler: Mr. Itch (click to show/hide)

Mr. Itch knows that most animals are remarkably fragile, so he will start going for their squishy bits. Knee groins. Jab eyes. Mandible bite throats. Use the barbs along his limbs to puncture lungs. The usual.
Hey Everybody! This guy didn't bold his actions! Let's all point and laugh at him!
Edit: aww, he bolded it after I started the turn
(4 v 2)(4 v 1)(1 v 5)Your mad flailing is met with the satisfying sounds of other people's pain. you throw off two of your assailants, one of them trailing entrails as it skids across the ground, the other slamming against a wall and slumping forward. The third clobbers you so hard with your own club that your chitin cracks, all the air in your body is forcibly ejected through your spiracles in a high pitched wheeze.

Try to avoid the large animal. If he seems intent on aggression, lash out with the kukri.
Spoiler: Rosy (click to show/hide)
Dodge roll: (6) you leap out of striking range, hands upraised. (3) they continue to face you, looking hostile but wary, neither approaching nor backing away.

( what is a shin?)
step on the shin and attack(bite) another of the semi-distracted crabs.

Unleash another blast to cause more panic and thin out the crowd a bit, keeping track of where the Crabs are going
"Oi! Hands off!"

Maneuver to the outside of the crowd by going through the crowd. In a five ton robot.

Alright. I lumped you three together because one of you is attempting to back his three ton robot through the crowd that the other two of you are fighting in.
So, first, Egan's roll for driving backward through a crowd while being hassled by creatures climbing on his truck: (6). alright, a simple fate roll for you two then: (1) and (4) The robot steps over Kongor and on Gala. Strength roll for not dying: (1) Well, shit. Gala is crushed, along with several others of the crowd, which scatters pretty quickly. Except for the red scarved fellas, who are now drawing guns. They are focusing mainly on June, but Kongor is also seen as a threat, so consider your next moves carefully.

Here is Oscar's sheet for future

Lenora

Uwe the butterknife to scratch the cat, its probably the least sharp thing I could find
Kind of you to post his sheet.

you awkwardly scratch the cat with the butter knife. He seems to lose interest pretty quickly and wanders out of hte conference room and down the hall.

”Journalist, actually. Same amount of trouble hunting, far less ticketing and arresting. I actually came here quite recently, though where I’m from is kinda foggy. I remember a desert, which is kinda odd for a field mouse... but enough about me, I really want to get more details on those rumors, miss... I don’t believe we properly introduced ourselves, did we?”
Ask her name, take a bit of grain and nibble on it idly while we chat. Also, how big is the plate, compared to me?
"Oh honey, I don't talk to reporters. You should probably go." She takesthe plate, which is roughly as big as you, and puts it next to the sink. She starts doing dishes, one ear forward and the other twisted around in your direction.

Spoiler: Kit (click to show/hide)

"I feel like I should be nervous. Oh well! We're  here to kill things, right? Sow chaos?"
He flipped through his mind now to remember his favorite cantrip - Mage Hand. He knew the dear spell by heart.
"Dear Diary... Quote of the day goes to the track-master at the club: 'Put your hands so high they leave your body behind.' Sounds like something we would do!"
A ghostly hand appears, takes up the knife of its summoner, and drives it at the downed bird!
(Cast: Mage Hand. Action: Stab bird in heart/head with Knife.)

and here we discover the limitations of cantrips. (5) you pokethe body repeatedly with the knife, never quite penetrating the skin. Well, maybe giving it a few light scratches. You then lift the knife high into the air, aim it point down, and drop it, letting gravity do teh work. the knife sticks into the dead bird's torso just behind the wing, standing vertically, but only buried about halfway up the blade. The kill count does not increase.

"Everything's going poorly for me today."
Put out the fire on my sleeve, then go look for something that can replace my pants like a trash bag, tarp or something.
you finally extinguish the fire. Firswt, let's see if anyone decides yo are a threat or not: (6) nope. someone comes to offer you help, standing just out of arm's reach at all times. they send one of the kids off to fetch you an old pair of pants or something. the kid returns with a pair of jeans, torn and faded. One leg of the jeans is cut off at the knee, and the ass has a hole across one cheek. it fits, but is very tight. you leave the button undone.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2019, 09:23:36 pm »

Lenora drops the knife and flies outside in search of animals with red scarves.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2019, 09:50:36 pm »

Annoying.

Continue breaking until threat is neutralized. Mr. Itch Prioritizes getting his club back. He likes that club, but not when its used against him.

Mr. Itch ponders how exactly this has all gone so wrong so quickly. It seems unreasonable that the instant he should step into a neighborhood he should immediately be attacked with intent to murder. Unless it was an ambush?

Uncivilized. 

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 05, 2019, 10:16:26 pm »

(Does this guy have a red scarf by chance?) Kukri out. If he’s a crab, get to chopping. If he’s not, try to get him to back down, but if he decides to fight, end him quickly.
If I have enough time after whatever happens with the big guy, take a position with the assault rifle, (Silencer equipped) and try to drop any crab with a gun out.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 12:09:13 am by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 05, 2019, 10:59:54 pm »

Attempt communication with the crabs
"Do you guys know where I can find a bathroom?"

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 05, 2019, 11:42:42 pm »

@Ozarck: I can't see my action anywhere. Is that intentional?

UPD: Made this more noticeable.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 11:53:24 am by HmH »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 05, 2019, 11:47:33 pm »

”Fair enough miss, thank you for your hospitality. I won’t forget it.”
Make a mental note of her physical features such as her fur pattern and eye color before i leave. want to make sure someone so nice doesn’t get hurt. Oh, and go looking for more Crabs using my extrasensory to make sure I dont get ambushed..
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 06, 2019, 01:23:40 am »

"There's still time to run, you know. Drop your weapons and I'll let you keep all your limbs!"

Turn the machine to face the crabs and deal them an ultimatum. Rev the throttle a little to emphasize.
If they try to spread out, back up so that they can't surround me.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 06, 2019, 06:48:18 am »

"Thank you for the pants, at least someone here isn't trying to harm others."
Ask the people that helped me how they feel about all the violence that's going on, if they don't want to talk go and see what kind of useful items I can find sitting around.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 06, 2019, 03:32:38 pm »

"Already dead? Anubis, I forgot how much of a punch a Magic Missile has."
Take my knife out of the dead bird, then... hm. Haven't really drawn much attention to myself. Still, dip into an unseen alleyway and cast Minor Illusion to make my fur orange. Bloody Concentration on it means I can't cast other spells, but hey! Disguises!

Oh, right, spell quote.

"Dear Diary... I tell a little white lie from time to time... 'Your hair's nice!' 'LOVE that necklace!' 'Oh, that makeup!' ...Anything to keep them from figuring out how I'm pulling the wool over their eyes."
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 07:03:43 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 09, 2019, 11:19:45 pm »

So, my action wasn't rolled and I don't know if it's intentional, some kind of a combat mini-turn or something. Am I to post an action anyway? Or just to wait for the next turn?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 10, 2019, 08:58:46 am »

So, my action wasn't rolled and I don't know if it's intentional, some kind of a combat mini-turn or something. Am I to post an action anyway? Or just to wait for the next turn?
I think it would be safe to post the action

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2019, 11:20:04 pm »

Looks like B12 is less slow today. time for updates!

Lenora drops the knife and flies outside in search of animals with red scarves.
(4) okay, you find the route to the neighborhood you are supposed to go to and start flying that way.

Annoying.

Continue breaking until threat is neutralized. Mr. Itch Prioritizes getting his club back. He likes that club, but not when its used against him.

Mr. Itch ponders how exactly this has all gone so wrong so quickly. It seems unreasonable that the instant he should step into a neighborhood he should immediately be attacked with intent to murder. Unless it was an ambush?

Uncivilized. 

(4 v 6) you get up and rush the guy, who swings the club. You catch his hand/paw thingum and lock shoulders, drivng him back. Somehow he manages to stay on his feet and maintain his grip on the bat against your noticeable strength advantage.

(Does this guy have a red scarf by chance?) Kukri out. If he’s a crab, get to chopping. If he’s not, try to get him to back down, but if he decides to fight, end him quickly.
If I have enough time after whatever happens with the big guy, take a position with the assault rifle, (Silencer equipped) and try to drop any crab with a gun out.

(6) yep, he has a scarf. He sees your eyes track to the scarf and goes into attack mode, getting an advantage. (6 v 6) He punches you hard across the jaw, but you spin away, whipping out your kukri as you go, getting it between you and him.  He draws an Irwin Knife. Let's roll another round of combat (4 v 2) You lunge together, teeth and knives flashing. When you step apart again, he has a long, bloody gash on his knife arm. He switches his knife to his off paw and looks much more wary.

Attempt communication with the crabs
"Do you guys know where I can find a bathroom?"
This is an absolutely terrible idea at this point in the battle. I'm rolling at disadvantage here for you. That means I'll roll the enemy's reaction twice and take the better roll. (4 v 2,2) Somehow, you are not instantly gunned down. I guess they have a bigger squid to fry.

@Ozarck: I can't see my action anywhere. Is that intentional?

UPD: Made this more noticeable.
It was unintentional. sometimes we GMs mis a post as we go. Sorry about that. Usually if you post a "missed me" action, we'll include your previous action the following turn. in some cases, a second action can be done as well, but that's pretty conditional.

lessee: "If I know any spells." Well to answer this, your character sheet says you use hypnosis by choosing your words carefully and controlling your tone. so each situation is going to be different. best way to do this is to actually post what you would be saying to the character(s) you are trying to hypnotize. the better your speech, the better the effect. in this case, let's just go with 'generic hypnotic suggestion.' No advantage or disadvantage. (6 v 4) the slug kinda quakes, a strange shiver runningdown his sides from nose to tail.
"Can getchu som guud stuff, yo. Gun cost, doe." The slug swivels an antenna, pointing it away from the sounds of fighting. "Ober on tird street, tree houses down frem the gas place. Ask fo Benny."

”Fair enough miss, thank you for your hospitality. I won’t forget it.”
Make a mental note of her physical features such as her fur pattern and eye color before i leave. want to make sure someone so nice doesn’t get hurt. Oh, and go looking for more Crabs using my extrasensory to make sure I dont get ambushed..
(5) you note her appearance and leave. Your esp lets you know there are several beings in the buildings nearby, but none of them seem to be minding you at all. You hear the battle before you see it. Then you see the carnage: toughs, mercs, and some random citizens scattered about. looks like that robot truck thing stepped on a few people. some of htem are rather small for their species.

"There's still time to run, you know. Drop your weapons and I'll let you keep all your limbs!"

Turn the machine to face the crabs and deal them an ultimatum. Rev the throttle a little to emphasize.
If they try to spread out, back up so that they can't surround me.

Let's roll some gunfire shall we? (2 v 5) you get around and point your armor at the crowd keeping fairly back from them. They spread out so as not to be mowed down en masse, and utterly ignore your ultimatuum. Surprise attack! (5 v. 4) A large, taloned bird swoops into your cockpit and gets it's claws into your head. Two of your arms immediately entwine with the bird's legs while the rest are intent on holding you to the robot.

"Thank you for the pants, at least someone here isn't trying to harm others."
Ask the people that helped me how they feel about all the violence that's going on, if they don't want to talk go and see what kind of useful items I can find sitting around.
"The Man's always tryin ta keep us down, mate! It's an injustice, it is! Lookit what they've done to us! Tryin ta take what little we still have, like we owe them for being alive! Oh y god, lookit them! They dead, Zee, they dead! They killed us, they done gone and killed us!"

"Already dead? Anubis, I forgot how much of a punch a Magic Missile has."
Take my knife out of the dead bird, then... hm. Haven't really drawn much attention to myself. Still, dip into an unseen alleyway and cast Minor Illusion to make my fur orange. Bloody Concentration on it means I can't cast other spells, but hey! Disguises!

Oh, right, spell quote.

"Dear Diary... I tell a little white lie from time to time... 'Your hair's nice!' 'LOVE that necklace!' 'Oh, that makeup!' ...Anything to keep them from figuring out how I'm pulling the wool over their eyes."

(4) you slip off into a dank, fowl smelling alley and change your fur to a dingy sort of brownish orange.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16