Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: Wolfhound Incorporated  (Read 25032 times)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: Wolfhound Incorporated
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2019, 07:04:05 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

attack(bite) a crab distracted by the octopus.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2019, 08:26:39 am »

"Oh shit its all gone wrong!"
Put the fire out then run to some cover and start shooting the gang people.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2019, 10:46:59 am »

Spoiler: Kit (click to show/hide)

"Woah, I just phased out a bit. We found Crabs, right? Cool."
He pages to where he found Magic Missile, and begins reading from the book, putting strange intonations to the words.
"Dear Diary... Today I found a dinosaur of a fashion. Red scarves - Ha! It's so outdated it should be extinct. Good thing we have a few missiles up our sleeve, eh?"

(Cast: Magic Missile. Target: Any animal with a red scarf.)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 10:31:20 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2019, 10:54:43 am »

Hmm. Bob should be able to take care of himself for now, without me telling him what to do. He's in the group, and he's got enough sense to stay with the group when the fighting starts.
...Probably.

Gershom flies towards the lone slug, and wills his magic focus to look as red and shiny as possible, so it'll be able to grab the slug's eye and do... whatever magic foci do to enhance spells. (What do they do, by the way? Make the spell more powerful, or easier to cast, or something else?)
In the minute it takes to get there, Gershom tries to recall the easiest-to-cast spell that will put the slug into any variety of a hypnotic state that is particularly conductive to emotion-related work. Failing that, any somnambulism-depth hypnosis spell will do. (Probably not an issue for any hypnotherapist to remember, let alone someone with Mind 4, so I'm not making it a separate action. But if the next part of the action is putting too much into one turn, feel free to ignore it.)
As soon as the slug's attention is drawn to the ball, Gershom casts the spell on him. Hell, he'll cast the spell even if the slug is too high to care or dead-set on ignoring the ball. There's a fight brewing with Bob at the center, no time to waste.

Mind you, it doesn't need to be very deep hypnosis. Just something to make him more receptive to the words of a stranger. I don't really intend to make him do something that will feel deeply wrong to him, like cause a gas explosion. (I probably would, though, if I had more time before I had to get back to Bob. Explosions are so shiny.)
All I want is to make the slug's morals and emotions take precedence over the gang mentality, without putting him in any significant danger.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 02:18:04 pm by HmH »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2019, 05:44:20 pm »

"Haha, this is fun!"

Grab my tools and hastily uninstall that shiny stereo system. Try to keep the crowd entertained by shouting and being a rude punk.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2019, 10:34:21 pm »

Spoiler: Mr.Itch (click to show/hide)

Mr. Itch tilts his head to the side a bit. Mr. Itch is exactly where he intends to be at all times. He checks if they are wearing red bandanas. If they are, he will swing his club straight into the Rhino's kneecap and then back up to assess the emerging situation.  If they are not so marked, he will continue to stare at them.  If they become aggressive, start breaking them until they are no longer aggressive.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2019, 08:06:55 am »

Well, not really sure how to get this party started so for this one time occasion I guess I'll just walk into the middle of the crab crowd, charge my ability and STRIKE THE EARTH!
Bonus points for Dwarf Fortress reference, intentional or otherwise. (3+1) let's see, fire, ice, or electricity? (2) Fire it is. You wade into the crowd watching the octopus and Slam your mace into the ground. a burst of flame erupts out in a ring, giving everyone within ten feet a case of hot foot. this incites a bit of panic, and now you are in the center of, effectively, a mosh pit. You shout "Macks Rule, Crabs drool!" because someone has to, and Mister Itch ain't exactly a talker.

Try to locate the team; hopefully the sounds of mayhem can clue me in as to what direction to head in. If and when I locate them, watch things unfold from a distance.
Spoiler: Rosy (click to show/hide)
(6) you follow your nose and your ears toward the sound and smell of trouble brewing. You think you are getting closer when you round a corner and bump nose first in to the back of some rather hairy creature. It already seems rather angry for some reason, and turns on you with a roar, pawfists raised. Well, so much for observing at a distance.This is definitely the place though; you see at least tow of the others in the thick of things already.

Lenora tries to find something long enough to do this with, after all, its not a good idea to get something that could kill you mad at you
You look around the room, evaluating various items for their use in scratching a cat's ass. HTere'sa pencil, that'd probably work. might get a little pokey though. some poons anda butter knife on one of the tables. maybe the shaft of one of those little decorative flags? You look down at your talons, thinking hard about what might possibly be effective at scratching a cat's ass. Something like a claw or beak or something. The cat yowls impatiently.

Use my psychic extrasensory to get a rough idea of how many people are nearby. Do a quick look around for escape routes (which hares and rabbits are notorious for having multiple of) and strike up a conversation with my host, who may or may not be affiliated with the Crabs gang.
”So i’ve been hearing rumors of a gang war starting up. What’s all that about? did someone get a little too bold with their tagging?”
your stat sheet would help me when rolling for these kinds of things. as is, I'll roll with your stats all at zero. No sheet means no stats. Which means, you'll get a rough idea of (2) how many people are  in this room. You think roughly two.
The hare laughs a little. "What are you, a cop, sweetie? Never you mind that. Here, eat. Where you from, sweetie? Definitely not these parts." She places a plate in front of you, folds her paws, and closes her eyes for a moment in silent prayer before picking up a two prongede fork and digging into her meal. There are two exits from thi room - one you came in from, and one further into the building. There's also the window over the sink. It's partly open to let the heat in, or out.

attack(bite) a crab distracted by the octopus.
(4) you reach out and bite a shin covered in a red scarf. You draw blood and drop the herbivore to the ground, howling in pain. "you're not seafood!" you shout. As warcries go, this was one of them.

"Oh shit its all gone wrong!"
Put the fire out then run to some cover and start shooting the gang people.
(1) Yeah, not happening, sparky. (3) you manage, at least, to shimmy out of your burning pants. You have to take off your shoes to do so, so now you are in your underwear with a sleeve on fire, watching your pants turn to ash, illuminated by glorious blue flames. Reaction roll for everyone else who witnessed the spectacle: (4) You get a lot of head shakes, and someone laughs and points, but since you were unable to actually do anything hostile this turn, no one bothers you - they have angrier fish to fry. And by fish, I mean anthropmorphic animals.

"Woah, I just phased out a bit. We found Crabs, right? Cool."
He pages to where he found Magic Missile, and begins reading from the book, putting strange intonations to the words.
"Dear Diary... Today I found a dinosaur of a fashion. Red scarves - Ha! It's so outdated it should be extinct. Good thing we have a few missiles up our sleeve, eh?"

(Cast: Magic Missile. Target: Any animal with a red scarf.)
(6) Your missile flies straight forward twelve feet, turns left, and shoots up past your shoulder at a seventy degree angle. You turn to find it, but don't see where it went. A moment later, a scarved eagle falls out of the sky right in front of you. It lands with a dull thud.

Hmm. Bob should be able to take care of himself for now, without me telling him what to do. He's in the group, and he's got enough sense to stay with the group when the fighting starts.
...Probably.

Gershom flies towards the lone slug, and wills his magic focus to look as red and shiny as possible, so it'll be able to grab the slug's eye and do... whatever magic foci do to enhance spells. (What do they do, by the way? Make the spell more powerful, or easier to cast, or something else?)
In the minute it takes to get there, Gershom tries to recall the easiest-to-cast spell that will put the slug into any variety of a hypnotic state that is particularly conductive to emotion-related work. Failing that, any somnambulism-depth hypnosis spell will do. (Probably not an issue for any hypnotherapist to remember, let alone someone with Mind 4, so I'm not making it a separate action. But if the next part of the action is putting too much into one turn, feel free to ignore it.)
As soon as the slug's attention is drawn to the ball, Gershom casts the spell on him. Hell, he'll cast the spell even if the slug is too high to care or dead-set on ignoring the ball. There's a fight brewing with Bob at the center, no time to waste.

Mind you, it doesn't need to be very deep hypnosis. Just something to make him more receptive to the words of a stranger. I don't really intend to make him do something that will feel deeply wrong to him, like cause a gas explosion. (I probably would, though, if I had more time before I had to get back to Bob. Explosions are so shiny.)
All I want is to make the slug's morals and emotions take precedence over the gang mentality, without putting him in any significant danger.

A magical focus does all of those things. without one, magic is more wild, less directable. With a magic focus, magic isrolled normally. without, magic is at disadvangtage, which means i either give a malus to the roll, roll twice and take the lower, or simply weaken the results somehow. So, let' see, yo uare approaching the slug and attempting to get it focused on your shiny to hypnotize it? (3) lessee, mental state of the slug (3). It wiggles it's eyesalks in yourgeneral direction. You can't tell if it's paying attention tothe shiny or not, because eyestalks. His head is definitely turned in your direction, for what that's worth.

"Haha, this is fun!"

Grab my tools and hastily uninstall that shiny stereo system. Try to keep the crowd entertained by shouting and being a rude punk.

(2) you fail to uninstall the radio on account of the several sets of hands reaching for you: (5) which you manage to evade, while retaining the control stick of your robolifter. The crowd seems to be finding it's own amusement, at the expense of your own.

Spoiler: Mr.Itch (click to show/hide)

Mr. Itch tilts his head to the side a bit. Mr. Itch is exactly where he intends to be at all times. He checks if they are wearing red bandanas. If they are, he will swing his club straight into the Rhino's kneecap and then back up to assess the emerging situation.  If they are not so marked, he will continue to stare at them.  If they become aggressive, start breaking them until they are no longer aggressive.

Well, things have gone sideways already, so let's just skip right to the kneecapping, shall we? (4 v 2) You drop the Rhino like a brick. (1 v 4) the rest of the thugs jump you, controlling your metal bat arm and knocking you on your back. They're probably hitting you as well. The Rhino definitely is not hitting you. It's too busy squealing in pain.

a lot of you are now in a very dangerous situation. Death rolls are immanent. you've basically instigated a riot from the inside, with you as the target. The biggest grouping of dangerous critters is the one wrestling with Mr Itch, while the crowd around the gorilla and octopus is larger, but filled with more random people and panic.

Of course, the biggest threat remains the cat, having not gotten his ass scratched per his demand.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2019, 10:04:06 am »

Spoiler: Mr. Itch (click to show/hide)

Mr. Itch knows that most animals are remarkably fragile, so he will start going for their squishy bits. Knee groins. Jab eyes. Mandible bite throats. Use the barbs along his limbs to puncture lungs. The usual.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 08:44:30 pm by piecewise »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2019, 11:31:46 am »

Try to avoid the large animal. If he seems intent on aggression, lash out with the kukri.
Spoiler: Rosy (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2019, 11:49:44 am »

( what is a shin?)
step on the shin and attack(bite) another of the semi-distracted crabs.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2019, 02:52:32 pm »

Here is Oscar's sheet for future

Lenora

Uwe the butterknife to scratch the cat, its probably the least sharp thing I could find
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 02:59:06 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2019, 03:21:06 pm »

If I, as a professional hypnotist and a mental mage, have any spells to induce brief deep hypnosis or, even better, force someone to follow a short suggestion, then cast that spell on the slug.
Better use the "force to obey a short command" spell if it has a +0 or better modifier given my Mind stat, I'm apparently very short on time.
The suggestion is: "Tell me where to find the largest drug stash you know about."

If I'm not aware of any such spells, hypnotize the slug with the good old bird-in-your-face instant induction: appear to fly away, circle around to a position above the slug, and swoop down onto its face, flapping my feathers around its head to induce momentary panic. At the exact time as I flap my wings over the slug's head, say "Sleep!" firmly and loudly.
(That's almost how it's usually done. Induce short-lived confusion by one of the myriad ways, ranging from an interrupted high-five to a sudden yell, and combine that with a precisely timed suggestion to slide them into a relaxed mental state that is infinitely more preferable to the confused state they're in.
The only difference is my way of inducing confusion: if you ever had a bird suddenly fly into your face and flap its wings at you, right next to your ears, you'll know just how loud and terrifying that is.)

« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 03:33:39 pm by HmH »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 04, 2019, 05:13:01 pm »

”Journalist, actually. Same amount of trouble hunting, far less ticketing and arresting. I actually came here quite recently, though where I’m from is kinda foggy. I remember a desert, which is kinda odd for a field mouse... but enough about me, I really want to get more details on those rumors, miss... I don’t believe we properly introduced ourselves, did we?”
Ask her name, take a bit of grain and nibble on it idly while we chat. Also, how big is the plate, compared to me?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 05:15:09 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 04, 2019, 05:33:46 pm »

"Oi! Hands off!"

Maneuver to the outside of the crowd by going through the crowd. In a five ton robot.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2019, 07:50:55 pm »

"I feel like I should be nervous. Oh well! We're  here to kill things, right? Sow chaos?"
He flipped through his mind now to remember his favorite cantrip - Mage Hand. He knew the dear spell by heart.
"Dear Diary... Quote of the day goes to the track-master at the club: 'Put your hands so high they leave your body behind.' Sounds like something we would do!"
A ghostly hand appears, takes up the knife of its summoner, and drives it at the downed bird!
(Cast: Mage Hand. Action: Stab bird in heart/head with Knife.)
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16