Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: Wolfhound Incorporated  (Read 25029 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Wolfhound Incorporated
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2019, 10:47:24 pm »

Spoiler: Psionic clarification (click to show/hide)
Oscar quietly hitches a ride, being careful to avoid the main cluster of his fellow mercenaries out of instinctive fear of anything larger than him and in order to avoid being affiliated with them if worst came to worst.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2019, 10:47:43 pm »

"Breaking things, stealing shit, and hurting folks in 3, 2, 1..."

Find a car, smash it up. Break through the window and peel off the door. Inspect inside for valuables.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2019, 04:25:09 am »

Okay, what can autonomous bots do and what can't they, exactly? They cost 50 moneys, so I assume they have to be at least moderately useful.
What your descriptions seem to indicate is that they have trouble with independent thinking. But there are degrees to which thinking is necessary in any given case. You need some small amount of independent thinking even to walk.
Can they give someone a high-five on your behalf? Can they slightly alter the way they do the high-five based on simple instructions that you tell them, which do not require them to talk?
Can they smash up a car? Can they distract or hold an opponent down for you? Can they defend themselves? Can they fight if you give them the right instructions?
Also, since this particular bot is a person, can you convince them to do something without resistance?

Fly off of Bob's shoulder and do a quick survey of the area.
Use my Mind to memorize the layout and points of interest. Large groups of Crabs, cars with Crab colors on them, buildings with an unusual amount of Crab tags.
In particular, look for lone Crab members. Preferably ones in secluded spots, where no one will see me and Bob use hypnosis on them. (But really, lone Crab members will do fine even if they're standing in plain sight.)

« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 08:52:32 am by HmH »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2019, 06:39:47 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

search for Crabs members
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2019, 08:48:25 am »

(Does Garshem have telepathy? We are in different locations.)

Ask the cat "Alright, what can I do as your assistant?"

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2019, 08:50:38 am »

Huh. We are in different locations? *checks*
Oh, right, you stayed behind for a tete-a-tete with a hungry cat. Well, good luck to you.

Putting that part of my post under a spoiler, since it doesn't make sense.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2019, 10:52:57 am »

Buy the silencer and the clothes (can that include a bag to hide the weapons?). Head over to the location and try to find an alley or such where I can keep an eye on team mates without attracting attention.
Spoiler: Rosy (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2019, 12:49:52 pm »

Go look for some crabs, yo.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2019, 02:06:18 pm »

"I don't know what you guys are gonna be doing but I'm gonna be burning shit."
Search for some glass bottles, then make some Molotov's the bottle of rubbing alcohol should be good for making several, then start throwing them at cars and into buildings.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2019, 07:38:00 pm »

Search for some glass bottles, then make some Molotov's the bottle of rubbing alcohol should be good for making several, then start throwing them at cars and into buildings.

”Im gonna be kicking some crabs around! GAHAHAHAHA!”

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2019, 11:54:31 pm »

Spoiler: Mr. Itch (click to show/hide)

Mr. Itch looks around for an apartment or home or such nearby, perhaps that blue building to the right. He walks to that home and knocks on the door.  If someone answers, he will mime asking for a piece of paper and a pen. If he gets this, he will carefully write the name of the gang he is supposed to be impersonating on the paper and stick it somewhere clearly visible on his person. He will then wave goodbye to the person and walk back to the street. If no one is home, Mr. Itch will bash down the door and find the previously mentioned articles and do as previously mentioned. He will keep the pen in this case.

Once properly labeled, he will begin looking for
1. Crabs to batter.
2. Items to smash
3. Innocent people on the street to intimidate.

You get all of four feet before that group of toughs hanging by the steps start crowding you. the two tallest of them about match your height, and at least the widest of them matches your girth. "What's this, what's this? Got someplace to be, Bug?" Demands the rhinoceros with brightly colored flowers inked across his chest and forelegs. (3) They may be Crabs, they may not be, but they certainly look ready to be battered.

"OK. What do  you need me to do?"
(Does Garshem have telepathy? We are in different locations.)

Ask the cat "Alright, what can I do as your assistant?"
"Scratch my ass."
((I assume you are fairly new to the RTD forums and our general posting etiquette. One action post per turn. Actions are bolded (as in your second post here) and if possible, your character sheet with any action posts. GMs usually ignore non-bolded stuff - it's usually role play or player chat. If you need to edit an action, usually strikethrough or delete the obsolete action and let the GM know that the action is edited. out of Context (OOC) is usually encased in double parentheses to distinguish it from role play. Finally, quote pyramids (where someone quotes a post that quotes a post that quotes a post ,etc) can cause the forum some problems, so try not to let a quote nest grow too big))

Spoiler: Psionic clarification (click to show/hide)
Oscar quietly hitches a ride, being careful to avoid the main cluster of his fellow mercenaries out of instinctive fear of anything larger than him and in order to avoid being affiliated with them if worst came to worst.
Alright, that telepathy explanation is fine. (6) You hitch a ride in a jalopey and end up chatting with the driver, a friendly, talkative she-hare. Before you know it, you are hustled into her den for some 'grits n' din,' which, it turns out, are vegetables and grain. Somehow, you've made a friend. She takes off her red scarf before heating up the stove, to keep it from catching fire.

"Breaking things, stealing shit, and hurting folks in 3, 2, 1..."

Find a car, smash it up. Break through the window and peel off the door. Inspect inside for valuables.

(6) You charge around the corner, trailing a squad of locals, and plow right int othe side of the nearest vehicle, crumpling it around your armor plates to the cheers and boos of quite an audience. Inside, there's a scattering of CDs and mix tapes, and a really nice speaker system. Everything else in the car is worthless.

So far, the crowd seems to see this as an entertaining spectacle. Lots of chattering is happening.

Okay, what can autonomous bots do and what can't they, exactly? They cost 50 moneys, so I assume they have to be at least moderately useful.
What your descriptions seem to indicate is that they have trouble with independent thinking. But there are degrees to which thinking is necessary in any given case. You need some small amount of independent thinking even to walk.
Can they give someone a high-five on your behalf? Can they slightly alter the way they do the high-five based on simple instructions that you tell them, which do not require them to talk?
Can they smash up a car? Can they distract or hold an opponent down for you? Can they defend themselves? Can they fight if you give them the right instructions?
Also, since this particular bot is a person, can you convince them to do something without resistance?

Fly off of Bob's shoulder and do a quick survey of the area.
Use my Mind to memorize the layout and points of interest. Large groups of Crabs, cars with Crab colors on them, buildings with an unusual amount of Crab tags.
In particular, look for lone Crab members. Preferably ones in secluded spots, where no one will see me and Bob use hypnosis on them. (But really, lone Crab members will do fine even if they're standing in plain sight.)

ants can walk, so 'walking without much thought' is a thing. bots are for menial tasks and simple ones. There are different kinds of bots for different purposes. They are autonomous, which means, given simple instructions, they will carry those out without direct commands. Some bots can defend themselves, but usually their defense is flight, not fight. Since yours is a person, it has innate self preservation and self interest that other bots would not. It is more flexible due to having an independant mind, so has a wider range of activities, but also will do it's own thing. No you can't convince someone of something 'without resistance.' he's your henchman, so for normal stuff I won't bother rolling, but take him into battle or make him do something against his own self interest or moral code, and you'll struggle. also, if he acts independantly for too long, the mental influence you have over him will weaken. Basically, you've made me do more work by adding a second character instead of a simple robot, so you'll deal with more consequences.

(5) you fly up and get a good mental map of the area. there are three buildings with unusual amounts of Crab markings -a rundown apartment, a convenience store, and one of the school buildings. You spot a lone Crab - an anthropomorphic slug - three blocks from where all the action is happening. Getting the orangutan there without being noticed will take some doing, though, since he is back with the rest of the team.

search for Crabs members
(30 you spot a few red scarves among the crowd following the octopus on a forklift. The forklift disappears around the corner, and you hear a sudden loud bang, followed by a lot of chattering. The group of thugs squaring up with the giant roach look more tense suddenly, eyes darting to the corner where the octopus went. Might be a Crabo r two among that lot too.

Buy the silencer and the clothes (can that include a bag to hide the weapons?). Head over to the location and try to find an alley or such where I can keep an eye on team mates without attracting attention.
sure, silencer, clothes, duffel bag all purchased. (4 )you arrive at the location, but apparently you are in a part of the neighborhood that the others are not in. You've passed a few people sitting on front steps or smoking in alleys, but no one has done more than glare your way or pointedly ignore you so far.

Go look for some crabs, yo.
same as the others. you see a few scarves in the crowd. There's a crowd watching the octopus commit vandalism, and there's a smaller crowd of thugs squaring off with the big roach.

alright. finding glass bottles roll: (6) you find a clutter of them in a pile of trash. Molotov roll: (1) You fill a bottle about halfway, stuff a dampened rag into it, then light the rag. The alcohol on your hand and sleeve catches fire and you drop the bottle at your feet, spraying yourself with burning rubbing alcohol. So, your sleeve and both pant legs are on fire. THis elicits several gasps from the crowd, a bit of laughter, and, obviously, some anger, since it's pretty clear what your intent was.

team status:

the main group of you have identified several Crabs in the group here. The octopus has smashed a car around the corner, out of sight of the main group. Most of the crowd follwed him and is watching the carnage, while a smaller group made up of large toughs is squared off against the roach.

You have made your intentions quite clear to the onlookers, via wrecking shit, setting yourself on fire, and literally telling everyone what you were planning on doing. SO, shit's about to get real. Real real.

as for the two or three that are not immediately in the mix, they don't really know what is happening directly, except the psychic bird who saw it from the air.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2019, 12:48:27 am »

Well, not really sure how to get this party started so for this one time occasion I guess I'll just walk into the middle of the crab crowd, charge my ability and STRIKE THE EARTH!

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2019, 01:26:57 am »

Try to locate the team; hopefully the sounds of mayhem can clue me in as to what direction to head in. If and when I locate them, watch things unfold from a distance.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2019, 05:34:25 am »

Lenora tries to find something long enough to do this with, after all, its not a good idea to get something that could kill you mad at you

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2019, 06:34:22 am »

Use my psychic extrasensory to get a rough idea of how many people are nearby. Do a quick look around for escape routes (which hares and rabbits are notorious for having multiple of) and strike up a conversation with my host, who may or may not be affiliated with the Crabs gang.
”So i’ve been hearing rumors of a gang war starting up. What’s all that about? did someone get a little too bold with their tagging?”
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 08:34:41 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16