Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: Wolfhound Incorporated  (Read 25019 times)

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wolfhound Incorporated
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2019, 08:36:54 pm »

"Whoa. You know this...how exactly?"

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2019, 08:52:00 pm »

“Ants also kill each other, invade other colonies, execute the queens, and enslave the workers. Ants are violent little fuckers, just like the rest of us. In that fashion, gangs work just like everything else. They could be stronger together, but they aren’t. That’s how the whole fucking world works.”
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2019, 08:55:16 pm »

"Wondering why the enemy failed to make better tactical decisions isn't very helpful to the problem at hand, which happens to be defeating them."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2019, 09:15:41 pm »

"Right. I've never fought before, are there ways to confuse the opponent to get it to forget the target? I'm a biologist, not a fighter, Can someone give fighting tips?"

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2019, 01:26:30 am »

"Right. I've never fought before, are there ways to confuse the opponent to get it to forget the target?"
Bob turned his head to the cardinal, looking interested for the first time since he and the raven came in.
"Pepper spray. Dry mustard in the eyes if you can't afford pepper spray. Cut their forehead with a bottle if you can't afford mustard. Out of sight, out of mind." His nose twitched a little. "Then run. Or finish them while they're blind."
Gershom looked at the orangutan, frowned, clicked his beak in puzzlement, then shrugged: "If Bob says anything, it's usually because he thought it through a thousand times. He's one of those guys: too busy thinking to talk."
"As for hypnotic methods, well, hypnosis only works in a fight if the opponent is too busy with something else to think about what you're saying. Hence the pepper spray induction."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2019, 04:43:19 am »

I expect everyone to read every response the cat makes in this post, eh?

“What are our rules of engagement? As in, what kind of lethality are we aiming for, or would be acceptable?”

Rosy looks to the other recruits

“I’ve known my share of gangs. Though the ones I’ve had involvement with were a bit more ‘Militia’. And also a bit more ‘funded by a foreign government’.”

"Your primary target is the Crabs, of course. Try not to kill civilians - it's bad PR. A few gang members beaten up or dead are just fine. Bring me back a leg!"

”Make noise? Break things? Gimme a CHALLENGE, pal! I could totally do some scaring! I mean look at me!”

Grin menacingly for a moment

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Yes, you are very scary. A challenge you say? Alright, see if you can't get some of the Crabs busted with at least a kilo of one of the harder drugs. You know, bring the cops down on their heads, give them more to worry about than a bit of graffiti. Also, try not to get killed or recruited, eh? Bad for business."

Spoiler: Mr. Itch (click to show/hide)

Mr. Itch finishes off his cone of water before carefully folding the paper remains into a small pellet and eating them.

“What are our rules of engagement? As in, what kind of lethality are we aiming for, or would be acceptable?”

Mr. Itch stands up and walks over to this critter. He stands over her for a good few seconds before placing a big finger on top of her head, pointing down at her. He nods towards her and then faces the cat and cocks his head to the side in an exaggerated questioning pose.
The cat tilts his head, and opens his mouth in a wide grin, showing many teeth. Then he yawns, licks his face, and blinks. "Sure, you can kill your fellow applicant, I guess. Why not? The fewer of you that come back, teh easier it is to decide who is useful and who is not. No, not in here! You'll get feathers everywhere. Outside!"

Spoiler: Gala (click to show/hide)
"Which bus or train would left us there?"
"There's a bus stop two blocks west and one norht. THat'll take you to the hub. From there, the D Line will get you to the area. Do try not to go all in one clump. You'll stand out like a bunch of ... well, like a bunch of yu lot looking to start trouble. Eh, I suppose that could work too. Probably be more exciting for you."

Name: Lenora
Animal Species: Intelligent Cardinal ((Cardinalis cardinalis)
size: Slightly smaller than average
Job / Class: Scientist
Special Trait: Double Team. Lenora can move so fast, her image stays in different places resulting in illusory copies. It's the Pokemon move.

Stats
Mind:2
Strength: 0
Dexterity:2

Equipment: 100 monies

Flies outside, and finds a sign that says Food Shop, heads inside and finds a duck at the counter, and a raccoon with a red scarf on its front paw. Lenora asks the raccoon if it has heard of a group called the Crabs
((for future reference, don't tell the GM what you find. Tell the GM what you are looking for. Let the GM decide whether you find a raccoon with a red scarf on it's paw or not. Also, I won't process this action until next turn, so feel free to repost it there, with the appropriate editing.))

”Are you suggesting I could be evil?”
“I think he’s implying that anyone could be evil.”
"That's the spirit! You guys will get along just great! Until someone murders someone. That'll be fun!"

"I've heard it said that it is better to beg forgiveness than to ask permission. I have no questions."

Begging your forgiveness, I've changed my stats, moving a point from dex to mind.

A'ight.

"Or bored enough from a long trip to have some destructive fun - I haven't cast any spells besides Mage Hand in at least a week! Actually, that reminds me..." he mutters some odd syllables and a ghostly hand appears to take the spellbook off his back and open it so he can start paging through it, making sure his spells are still there.

"Goddamn ink keeps fading..." he grumbles.
Hmm. I don't see your character sheet, so I cannot confirm if the spells you have listed are, in fact, there or not.

"If the cops show up do we kill them to, or are we only allowed to kill the gang members?"
The cat looks actually alarmed for a moment. Ears flatten, eyes widen, he arches his back a bit, with tail fluffed out.
"Cops don't like cop killers. If you kill a cop and aren't immediately gunned down, we'll put you on a list. And we'll alert the other mercenary groups we have contact with too. So, unless you want to make a lot of enemies very quickly, do not kill cops. It makes too much paperwork for me to pee on.

unless you can make it very convincing that they were being really evil or something."

"Right. I've never fought before, are there ways to confuse the opponent to get it to forget the target? I'm a biologist, not a fighter, Can someone give fighting tips?"

"I'll give you a fighting tip: Try not to look like food."

"Any other questions? If not, get going."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2019, 04:55:41 am »

"Wonderful."

Go outside and get the Lifter running.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2019, 05:39:32 am »

"Okay don't kill the cops, cool I'm gonna stop and get some stuff on the way."
On the way to the bus stop, stop at a pharmacy and buy a lighter, a bottle of rubbing alcohol, and some rags.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2019, 06:47:07 am »

[spoiler]Name: Gala
Animal Species: Intelligent Galapagos Turtle
size: Big
Job / Class: Tank/Meatshield
Special Trait: Taunt: Force enemies to only attack Gala next turn

Stats
Mind:1
Strength: 3
Dexterity:0

Equipment: standard armor set (40 monies), autonomous helper bot (50 monies), 10 spare monies[/spoiler

go to the bus station]
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2019, 07:08:49 am »

Gershom suddenly remembered something very important. "...Hey, Bob, have we topped up on the spice mix after that scuff yesterday?"
The orangutan grumbled noncommittally, reached into his pants' right pocket, wiggled the fingers inside, and raised a finger so the raven could see it.
There was barely enough mustard stuck to the fur to reach to the base of the fingernails.
"Dammit. Just when I'm out of cash." Gershom looked up and down the dingy, trash-littered street. "Let's grab ourselves a bottle, then."

Bob: On our way to the bus station, look for a clean bottle and hide it under my jacket.

Gershom: Look for relatively well-off people while we ride to the hub. If there are any,
as unlikely as that would be on a bus, chat them up, use conversational hypnosis to inconspicuously nudge them into giving me their number. You can never have enough friends.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 12:27:15 pm by HmH »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2019, 09:41:30 am »

"You got it pal! Any crab I find I will pretty much leave gift wrapped for the cops along with whatever kind of crap they had in their possession!"

Head for the bus stop

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2019, 10:45:27 am »

Spoiler: Kit (click to show/hide)

"Frickin... This is what I get for using a diary as a spellbook... So much writing..."
He continues pawing through his spellbook, looking for at least some of his spells, like...
Magic Missile
Minor Illusion
Backup of Mage Hand
High Level Necromancy Spell, scribbled down by someone else
Chromatic Sphere

((Ah, apologies. I actually dont know what kinda spells I get to start with - I mentioned Mage Hand as memorized, and I said Magic Missile a bit ago, but I didn't want to just be like "here are spells I am powerful yes" - I wanted you, the GM, to decide what I have. I'll just list them now and you decide yes/no))
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2019, 11:08:08 am »

(When will the first turn start?

Ignore, I simply missed it by accident
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 04:22:29 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2019, 12:37:14 pm »

Try to find some sort of clothing to cover my armor with, even just a trash bag I can poke arm holes and a head hole inn and make myself look homeless.

After that, I’ll find my way to a gun store. See if they have a silencer that would fit my assualt rifle. If I find one I can afford, buy and attach it.

Spoiler: Rosy (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2019, 01:20:05 pm »

(When will the first turn start?
This is it. you are in it. Good luck out there!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16