Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Wolfhound Incorporated  (Read 24971 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Wolfhound Incorporated
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2019, 02:13:04 pm »

(still some room to join ozarck?)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2019, 03:05:45 pm »

(still some room to join ozarck?)
sure, go ahead.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2019, 03:54:25 pm »

« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 03:24:33 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2019, 03:58:00 pm »

Ignore any actions more recent than this post. I will make new actions soom, must have missed my turn, sorry about that.

Lenora flies over to the cat and gives him the catfood and liver.

"I hope you like liver, it seems fresh."
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 11:23:09 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2019, 04:05:48 pm »

ignore this action. Do Not Process it. The action above this post is the one I want you to process. I don't know why I even posted this action. I am sorry for the delay and the unneeded action.

Process these actions instead.

Say to the cat

Fly outside and look for pepper spray, dry mustard, and bottles, and possibly a bag with which to carry them in.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 10:30:54 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2019, 04:43:15 pm »

(Naturegirl1999, I advise you use the reply button instead of the quote button. the quote button copies the post you are quoting, making it harder to pick out smaller posts. if need be, open a second tab or window with the relevant post for you to read.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2019, 04:45:19 pm »

Sorry, I will do that next time.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2019, 10:24:58 pm »

@Naturegirl1999: Would you kindly remove the quotes with Modify?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2019, 10:31:16 pm »

Done. It won't happen again.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2019, 11:20:07 pm »

I meant in both posts. There's no need to quote a long post that anyone can see. Even if there is, you can always trim down the text inside so it doesn't take half the page.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2019, 11:25:04 pm »

Fixed again

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2019, 12:34:01 pm »

Spoiler: Mr. Itch (click to show/hide)

Mr. Itch follows the crowd heading out the selected mode of transport, making sure he has his big metal club with him. He gives it a few practice swings before carefully squeezing into the transport which is, more than likely, too small for his girth. He keeps the club in his lap and sits absolutely motionless except for his antennae which continue to whirl about, thumping into the ceiling and occasionally slapping other riders.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2019, 09:37:26 pm »

so, from the looks of it, most actions are along the lines of 'find suitable transportation to the Danger Zone.'
SO, for those who have done so, check the bottom of the post for a group situation - where yo are and what's going on.

"Wonderful."

Go outside and get the Lifter running.

vrrm vrrm. Is the lifter gas or electric powered? I recommend gas.

"Okay don't kill the cops, cool I'm gonna stop and get some stuff on the way."
On the way to the bus stop, stop at a pharmacy and buy a lighter, a bottle of rubbing alcohol, and some rags.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
you get all that for one monies.

a clean bottle? (3) bob finds a couple unbroken bottles along the way and stuff one under his shirt. it smells of alcohol and is coated in dirt. Now, a word about your assistant - I am treating him as an autonomous bot. Misuse him as if he were a second character and I'll start rolling resistances against actions and the like - he'll put his personal interests above yours and become a hired npc. In fact, that is a danger even if you use him as an autonomous bot, since he is effectively a Charmed Person. Also. ALWAYS use third person when refering to him, or I will mistake him for you, and GMs get surly when that kind of thing happens.

(3) The best you can find are the bus driver and someone who looks like a college student who is in the wrong part of town. (2-1) the bus driver, hardened by years of this kind of work, scowls at you so hard you visibly recoil. When you go to chat up the student, yo ucatch the eye of the bus driver in the big mirror they have up front, and fall silent under her piercing, reptilian gaze.

"You got it pal! Any crab I find I will pretty much leave gift wrapped for the cops along with whatever kind of crap they had in their possession!"

Head for the bus stop
on the bus you go.

Spoiler: Kit (click to show/hide)

"Frickin... This is what I get for using a diary as a spellbook... So much writing..."
He continues pawing through his spellbook, looking for at least some of his spells, like...
Magic Missile
Minor Illusion
Backup of Mage Hand
High Level Necromancy Spell, scribbled down by someone else
Chromatic Sphere

((Ah, apologies. I actually dont know what kinda spells I get to start with - I mentioned Mage Hand as memorized, and I said Magic Missile a bit ago, but I didn't want to just be like "here are spells I am powerful yes" - I wanted you, the GM, to decide what I have. I'll just list them now and you decide yes/no))
you can have any two of those except the high level necromancy skill. Magic missile will not be an automatic hit, though. You will be able to control it a bit, curving it around obstacles or stuff like that though.

Try to find some sort of clothing to cover my armor with, even just a trash bag I can poke arm holes and a head hole inn and make myself look homeless.

After that, I’ll find my way to a gun store. See if they have a silencer that would fit my assualt rifle. If I find one I can afford, buy and attach it.

Spoiler: Rosy (click to show/hide)
(2) you don't find any free clothing or trash bags. You can buy a 'disguise' from the goodwill for 5 monies, and a silencer for 10.

alright. Understand that telepathy will be rather limited in it's scope, range, and type of information you can get. It'll still be valuable, I'm sure, just hopefully not too OP.

I assume you are hitching a ride or getting on the bus with the rest of the lot? Be a long walk otherwise.

Ignore any actions more recent than this post. I will make new actions soom, must have missed my turn, sorry about that.

"Delightful. Perhaps I'll make you my personal asistant. You seem to have at least half a brain. rare these days." The cat digs right into the liver, making little growly sounds as he eats.

good work identifying which post I needed to concentrate on. And thank you for deleting the turn quote. My personal practice when copying my character sheet in other games is to copy the sheet from my most recent action (rather than from the turn itself), edit it to reflect any changes from the turn, and removing the quote tags to avoid quote clutter. Other options work too, like linking your character sheet by posting a link to the post your sheet is found in, or keeping a text document with that information and just quoting off there.

Mr. Itch follows the crowd heading out the selected mode of transport, making sure he has his big metal club with him. He gives it a few practice swings before carefully squeezing into the transport which is, more than likely, too small for his girth. He keeps the club in his lap and sits absolutely motionless except for his antennae which continue to whirl about, thumping into the ceiling and occasionally slapping other riders.

You annoy some passengers on the bus, which has a set of door wide enough for your alarming extensiveness and a lng bench which is wide enough but short enoug htat you fel like it wants to throw you off into the aisle every time the bus jostles or turns.

the lot of you arrive at the bus hub, mill around for a bit waiting on the D line, and try to look inconspicuous. you fail to look inconspicuous. Some of you fail to look inconspicuous more than others. Then you board the D Line and wait some more before arriving at your destination. You climb off the bus and stand around in n awkward group, staring around like a bunch of violent tourists.

Look in the spoilers
Spoiler: view to the right (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: view to the left (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: view straight ahead (click to show/hide)
The area looks like this. there are some mammals and birds in the little grassy area, cavorting. There are a few larger, surlier looking animals grouped up by those two sets of stairs. Their spot and stripe patterns on their hides are definitely artificial. There's what looks like a donkey carcass sprawled out in front of the tires, and a whole heap of rats in a weird knotted ball, swarming around each other a bit past that on the sidewalk.

As for June (Egan's character) (6) you clank right up into the intersection in your fourlegged pallet mobility vehicle and putter to a stop. all eyes shift form teh group of awkward mercs to your ride. It isn't even pimped out with spinning rims or lighting under the carriage. It definitely looks stolen though, so that's a plus, right?

as for Lenora: well, she made no action to join the gang, so she's still at the office, attending the boss.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 10:17:14 pm by Ozarck »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2019, 10:24:35 pm »

Mr. Itch looks around for an apartment or home or such nearby, perhaps that blue building to the right. He walks to that home and knocks on the door.  If someone answers, he will mime asking for a piece of paper and a pen. If he gets this, he will carefully write the name of the gang he is supposed to be impersonating on the paper and stick it somewhere clearly visible on his person. He will then wave goodbye to the person and walk back to the street. If no one is home, Mr. Itch will bash down the door and find the previously mentioned articles and do as previously mentioned. He will keep the pen in this case.

Once properly labeled, he will begin looking for
1. Crabs to batter.
2. Items to smash
3. Innocent people on the street to intimidate.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2019, 10:27:02 pm »

"OK. What do  you need me to do?"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16