Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question about Civilization proximity and sieges.  (Read 732 times)

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Question about Civilization proximity and sieges.
« on: May 25, 2019, 07:31:51 am »

I thought that when I started my new Fortress, Goblins were shown as neighbors with the little red ------ next to them. However, once in game when I press c, then c again to view the civilizations screen no Goblin civs are down on the list. Just Dwarf, Dwarf, Human, Elf.

There are some pits just over a days travel, a fortress with 10k+ at 2 days, and a second fortress with 10k+ at 3 days travel.

Is that not close enough for fort mode sieges, or are they not showing up on there simply because I haven't encountered them at this fort yet?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Civilization proximity and sieges.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 10:38:10 am »

I got attacked by a small siege year 3 so I guess that answers the siege part.

Edit:Yes I know. Was heavily multitasking at the moment and made a mistake. Thanks for the info!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 12:45:23 pm by BoogieMan »
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 11:30:09 am »

You know you can edit your post to avoid double posting, don't you?

Anyway, the civ screen only shows civs you have had contacts with, so the pre embark info is what you should expect to see eventually, basically. Once you've had contact (peaceful or otherwise) they'll show up. Also note that visitors don't count (even if they actually spy on your traps and report those back to their civs).

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 06:29:38 pm »

Civilization screen only lists the civs your fortress has encountered. It doesn't show everyone.