Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A fresh start in the ages past... good or bad?

Yeah! Loving all the aspects of it, and the original series got a bit boring, to be honest.
It's quite good, and has everything a SPAMKINGDOM should have.
It's okay, wouldn't mind seeing the original series updated again though.
I WANT MY FIREBLOOD EMPIRE BACK RIGHT NOW!!!1eleven

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 172

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM 3! King Matin of Kastoria!  (Read 109298 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: SPAMKINGDOM 3! King Lycwl of Kastoria!
« Reply #585 on: July 14, 2019, 12:36:00 pm »

CA

Greater happiness and a strong army will ward off the future expenses of revolt and invasion. Keeping a large treasury with a small military is just begging for bad things to happen.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Hotfire90

« Reply #586 on: July 14, 2019, 12:42:49 pm »

CB

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: July 14, 2019, 01:36:43 pm »

B,A
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 14, 2019, 02:19:30 pm »

You decide to not go overboard with your expenses, and spend the money on festivities and shipbuilding.

410 AEC, Spring

2to5, 2to4

The salt brings some profits, while the jewellry sells exceptionally well! It seems that your noblemen (to nobody's surprise) do love them shiny trinkets made with silver and gems!

The council convenes once more, and for a very valid - for them - reason. Your noblemen are very concerned about the future of dynasty.

"My liege, your late wife has borne you three children, of which only two remain. A healthy and hearty monarch like you should have at least twice that amount to be sure of their's lineage continuity." Says one of them.

"We've already discussed it with the clergy, and the high priests have assured us that the Mother and the Father would agree for your second marriage if it is for the noble purpose of expanding your family." Says the other.

"We could send messengers abroad, mayhaps to Xane-peon or Maellia." Says the third, before adding, "But a beautiful flower of our own kind is ready for marriage. A girl five years younger than you, called Naia, the sole daughter of Count Pejoz. She is of tanned complexion and raven-black hair, and lots is said about her passionate character." The noblemen murmur and nod amongst each other.

"Duke Circo has also expressed his offer at binding together the royal family with his, and his two daughters, Abene and Zurine, one seventeen and the other fifteen, could become your wife too."

A) "Sorry, but I'm not done mourning yet."
B) "Alright, send the marriage offer to Count Pejoz. I shall marry his daughter, Naia."
C) "Alright, inform Duke Circo that I shall marry his eldest daughter, Abene."
D) "Alright, inform Duke Circo that I shall marry his youngest daughter, Zurine."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 14, 2019, 02:25:39 pm »

D.

I'd rather have Duke Circo as an ally than an issue down the road. As we know nothing else about his daughters, we should take the one with a couple more childbearing years ahead of her.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 14, 2019, 02:38:56 pm »

D.

I'd rather have Duke Circo as an ally than an issue down the road. As we know nothing else about his daughters, we should take the one with a couple more childbearing years ahead of her.
+1

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 14, 2019, 02:51:33 pm »

I'm gonna say C, so we're less likely to be double our wife's age.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 14, 2019, 03:10:26 pm »

Changing my vote to C

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 14, 2019, 03:32:56 pm »

C

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 14, 2019, 03:37:35 pm »

C
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 14, 2019, 03:38:35 pm »

You concede to the marriage with Abene, Duke Circo's eldest daughter. The noblemen of the council are relieved and joyful.

"Do not worry yourself with preparations, my liege!" They stand up and bow. "We shall prepare a feast worthy of the First Marriage!"

410 AEC, Mid-Spring

All the proceedings go smoothly and rather fast. Two weeks after your approval, Abene is delivered to you - a tall girl with ample assets, wide hips, and a shoulder-long, plain hair. She is cheerful and loud in character, and very energetic in her movements. She is almost half your age, too, and it shows: your bearded, rugged face looking like a worn-out plank compared to the smooth silk that is her smiling face.

The feast is something spectated by the entirety of the capital, as the procession to the Temple of Mother and Father goes from the palace, through the trade district, then by the main avenues and to the Sacred Plaza, before you finally enter the temple in silence and with your wife at your side only.

The solemn priest, flanked by a male and female acolytes, praises the Father and Mother, and asks them to protect you two, who will follow unto their steps to create a Family and to produce the Children.

As you leave the temple, the crowd erupts into cheering! Everyone gathered rejoices and screams good wishes and prayers to the patron gods.

It's then when you notice a huddled man springing forth from between the citizens, a shiny blade in his hand!!

3*

It all goes so quickly. You feel the stabbing, you hear the screams, and you see two burly black creatures strike down the assailant with the their heavy maces.

Then comes darkness as your counsciousness slips into the void.

410 AEC, Few days later...

You wake up, and open your eyes, immediately feeling a numb pain in your abdomen.

The many candles lit across the room provide lots of light but confuse you as the place looks unfamiliar because of them, but from the furniture present you reckon that it must be your bedroom. After a moment, a rather familiar face leans over you - it is The Advisor. He sighs.

"Father be praised! You're awaken, my liege. This is most fortunate..."

For the next fifteen minutes you're briefed on the situation: the assailant was a local butcher, grieving for his brothers whom he lost to the Velason's Uprising, for they seeked glory under his banner. Tipped off by that lead, the Spymaster and the orcs went on an investigatory spree, capturing several more of Velason's supporters or people who held a grudge against you. As many as twenty people were captured and executed for the crime of collaboration to treachery.

Your wife was shaken, but unharmed in the attack, the butcher's knife having struck only you before the assailant was captured.

410 AEC, Late Spring

After lenghty recuperation, you decide that it is time to consummate the marriage with Abene.

It didn't last long - not that you weren't ready, her beauty more than enough of a stimulant - but because you had the unfortunate accident of whispering the wrong name into her ear when you two were getting it on (Xmantha sure lingers in your heart, it seems!).

Sitting at the edge of your bed and massaging your cheek, you dare not look at your wife. You can hear her huffs and grumbling, though, and her fury is almost palatable.

You decide to...

A) Explain to her that it was a honest mistake, and that you're sorry for it.
B) Do nothing, it's best to just let her cool down and forget the issue.
C) Do nothing... but prepare lavish gifts to be delivered to her bedroom tomorrow!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 03:54:35 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: July 14, 2019, 04:17:21 pm »

A

Might as well take the +2 for CHA. Perhaps even a +1 for being the pacifier. I'd bet we get some mallus for pissed off wife, but we don't need to spend an econ on the matter. We already have two kids. It ain't the end of the world if we cannot get her in bed again.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: July 14, 2019, 04:20:47 pm »

A - I think talking is a better decision than trying to ignore it or bribe her, plus we get a Charisma bonus anyway

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: July 14, 2019, 04:28:19 pm »

A

Hotfire90

« Reply #599 on: July 14, 2019, 04:29:04 pm »

A
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 172