Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A fresh start in the ages past... good or bad?

Yeah! Loving all the aspects of it, and the original series got a bit boring, to be honest.
It's quite good, and has everything a SPAMKINGDOM should have.
It's okay, wouldn't mind seeing the original series updated again though.
I WANT MY FIREBLOOD EMPIRE BACK RIGHT NOW!!!1eleven

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 172

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM 3! King Matin of Kastoria!  (Read 109415 times)

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM 3! King Matin of Kastoria!
« Reply #1935 on: October 14, 2019, 05:48:56 pm »

Do we know what part of the land the salt is found? 'Cause that would make the decision much easier.

B

Kemen is both a relative and king by rightful inheritance. Our army is raised now, and we don't need overwhelming numbers ourselves – just enough to break the stalemate against the traitor. What to do about the Peons will have to wait until we get there, I think.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: October 14, 2019, 06:01:43 pm »

A - I say we support our sister. We don't have much family, so we have to keep them close

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM 3! King Iakes of Kastoria!
« Reply #1937 on: October 14, 2019, 06:22:03 pm »

Disorder and chaos grips the Kingdom of Xane-Peon right now; the regents of infant King, Kemen I, are fighting the forces loyal to Queen Elea and her lover, General Matin Zagorra. That your aunt would rebel against Xane-Peonian Crown is a shock to your family, but then again, she didnt' write for years. Apparently, her goal is to place her lover on the throne of Xane-Peon and start a new dynasty.
*emphasis added

It seems to me she already broke with us, up to and including warring against her own son. Is that a person we really want to acknowledge in our family? (And after the example our wife set regarding her father, no less.)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: October 14, 2019, 07:34:39 pm »

Issues of family status and character aside, if we want to continue our alliance with Xane-Peon, we should probably pick a side.

I'll go with A as a purely pragmatic choice. If we side with the baby, his regents would kill the queen when we win. If we side with the queen, she would likely allow her son to live out his life with us as part of the Kastorian nobility, thus keeping more of our endangered family alive. Also, the Queen's lover and future King is General Matin Zagorra. Sounds like a Martial character who I would rather fight alongside than against.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 08:20:27 pm by Weirdsound »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: October 14, 2019, 07:58:40 pm »

Issues of family status and character aside, if we want to continue our alliance with Xane-Peon, we should probably pick a side.

I'll go with B as a purely pragmatic choice. If we side with the baby, his regents would kill the queen when we win. If we side with the queen, she would likely allow her son to live out his life with us as part of the Kastorian nobility, thus keeping more of our endangered family alive. Also, the Queen's lover and future King is General Matin Zagorra. Sounds like a Martial character who I would rather fight alongside than against.

It sounds like you picked the wrong option for what you're intending.

D

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: October 14, 2019, 08:20:37 pm »

I'll go with B as a purely pragmatic choice. If we side with the baby, his regents would kill the queen when we win. If we side with the queen, she would likely allow her son to live out his life with us as part of the Kastorian nobility, thus keeping more of our endangered family alive. Also, the Queen's lover and future King is General Matin Zagorra. Sounds like a Martial character who I would rather fight alongside than against.

It sounds like you picked the wrong option for what you're intending.

D

Thanks. Good catch.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: October 14, 2019, 08:29:20 pm »

« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 06:30:01 am by Naturegirl1999 »

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: October 14, 2019, 09:36:56 pm »

I'll go with A as a purely pragmatic choice. If we side with the baby, his regents would kill the queen when we win. If we side with the queen, she would likely allow her son to live out his life with us as part of the Kastorian nobility, thus keeping more of our endangered family alive. Also, the Queen's lover and future King is General Matin Zagorra. Sounds like a Martial character who I would rather fight alongside than against.

Balderdash. Matin could let those guys live only because he is secure as king by lineage and the voices in his head are (by the slimmest margin) soft-hearted toward those who were not the head of the rebellion. There is no way that an NPC, who specifically wants to overthrow the previous dynasty, lets the crowned king of that dynasty escape alive. Elea's not even taking the reins herself, she has to share power with the pretender king. Speaking of General Zagorra and his presumed martial ability, the two sides are in a stalemate. Our involvement should tip the scale regardless.

(Frankly, it sounds like the pragmatic choice is more likely to be joining the Peons.)

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: October 14, 2019, 09:40:54 pm »

B

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: October 14, 2019, 10:32:32 pm »

B Kemen is the rightful King of Xane-Peon and we're honor bound to defend him both as his uncle and his ally. Especially after we just defeated an attempted coup of our own. Let us set an example that the Kings of Kastoria will not stand for traitors and upstarts in our land or our allies.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 10:35:10 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: October 15, 2019, 12:50:47 am »

Balderdash. Matin could let those guys live only because he is secure as king by lineage and the voices in his head are (by the slimmest margin) soft-hearted toward those who were not the head of the rebellion. There is no way that an NPC, who specifically wants to overthrow the previous dynasty, lets the crowned king of that dynasty escape alive. Elea's not even taking the reins herself, she has to share power with the pretender king. Speaking of General Zagorra and his presumed martial ability, the two sides are in a stalemate. Our involvement should tip the scale regardless.

(Frankly, it sounds like the pragmatic choice is more likely to be joining the Peons.)

Under most circumstances, I'd agree. But Matin is Elea's freaking son. I'm not saying she couldn't be crazy enough to kill her own damn kid for political reasons, but if she wanted him dead, she would have had plenty of opportunities to do so before killing her husband and starting the war.

Peons have no organized army. Haspen makes it sound like there is a chance might crumble the moment either side sends them real resistance. Not sure joining their team at this point is pragmatism.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: October 15, 2019, 01:21:15 am »

D Let them fight their own damn war.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: October 15, 2019, 02:45:02 am »

B He is the rightful king and they are in a stalemate. We should tip the scales in favour of whoever we choose, establishing ourselves as an honourable king and gaining a long lasting ally, should all go well.

Besides, we're lucky. Things literally do often just work out well naturally for our lucky kings. Old Cyl the Great was a lucky king after all.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: October 15, 2019, 04:21:31 am »

B

Hotfire90

« Reply #1949 on: October 15, 2019, 06:21:57 am »

B
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 172