Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A fresh start in the ages past... good or bad?

Yeah! Loving all the aspects of it, and the original series got a bit boring, to be honest.
It's quite good, and has everything a SPAMKINGDOM should have.
It's okay, wouldn't mind seeing the original series updated again though.
I WANT MY FIREBLOOD EMPIRE BACK RIGHT NOW!!!1eleven

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 172

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM 3! King Matin of Kastoria!  (Read 109182 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM 3! King Lycwl of Kastoria!
« Reply #165 on: June 02, 2019, 03:33:44 pm »

You decide to accept the invitation as is. Once your aide is mounted, you depart towards the battle lines of Satoriassi army. Two riders soon detach and ride toward you. You can see the black dolphin of Satorias on the chest of the first rider.

The four of you meet on the meadow almost exactly between the lines of the two armies.

"May Father grant you strength this day, King Lycwl! I'm Lino, Crown Prince of Satorias, and the one that shall either strike a truce with you or deal you a defeat in fair combat. First of all, a toast to our mutual bravery!" Lino's aide procures a waterskin and two wooden goblets from within his robe.

You find the wine's taste equally sour and sweet.

"For peace to be made, there first need to be terms." You inquire, and Lino laughs.

"Indeed! You will find the terms familiar to you; my father, King of Satorias, demands that Albarra will be released as independent fief. Kingdom of Satorias, and Kingdom of Maestrimar will be then gifted a tribute from the coffers of Kingdom of Kastoria for next four years. If you agree to this, then no blood shall be spilled today."

A) "That's a lot of tribute money you speak about. How about we settle on lesser amounts?"
B) "I prefer friendships over mindless bloodshed. I accept your terms, may there be peace between our nations!"
C) "You must understand that Albarra is rightful Kastorian province - I'm willing to explain it to you in earnest."
D) "If these terms is all you bring, then you better return to your soldiers and prepare for combat!"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 02, 2019, 03:54:30 pm »

A.

Edit: Changed vote to A.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 08:28:49 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 02, 2019, 03:55:36 pm »

C

Please understand.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 02, 2019, 03:58:55 pm »

B

"May peace help both our kingdoms prosper"

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 02, 2019, 04:00:26 pm »

C

"Money I can part with. But if I were to give up Albarra today, in the unstable infancy of my reign, my people would know me as a coward and weak ruler. How long do cowards and weak rulers remain King? If I were to surrender to your terms, I doubt my reign would last for many months longer than it would if I were to face you on the battlefield and lose today. I don't wish to fight you, but if my life and time as King must come to an end, I would rather it be at the hands of a foreign enemy than my own people. The only way I can agree to avoid bloodshed here is if you leave me Albarra, or some means by which I may save face."

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 02, 2019, 04:02:39 pm »

C
This war is because of the land, and I'll be damned if we give up the very thing that caused this whole mess when it is still useful to us. Tribute I can accept, they want us to pay for their expenses and deaths during the war, but if we give up the land then all of this was for nothing.

Edit: Ninja'd and hell yeah, that explains it very well.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 02, 2019, 04:12:46 pm »

A

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 02, 2019, 07:13:35 pm »

C
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 02, 2019, 07:52:48 pm »

A

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 02, 2019, 09:48:31 pm »

C, we chose charisma for a reason.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 02, 2019, 10:32:52 pm »

A
This land will lead to war, I am willing to give it up
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 03, 2019, 03:31:37 am »

C
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Hotfire90

« Reply #177 on: June 03, 2019, 03:38:00 am »

C

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 03, 2019, 04:58:30 am »

Mmm... novote.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 03, 2019, 02:47:36 pm »

aaaa
b
ccccccc

The moment you mention that you want to keep Albarra, Crown Prince laughs.

"Then there's nothing we can possibly talk about! Salute to you! May you fight well!" He snaps the reins of his horse and rides forth toward his army's lines. You do not hesistate and return to your soldiers the moment the Satoriassi war horns trumpet above their banners.

The battle begins with the usual charge of footsoldiers, who clash in a gruesome melee!

5*

Despite the lesser numbers on the Kastorian side, the initial melee goes in your favor! For every body of your countryman there's two or three of their enemies.

The numbers more even, the battle should go better, alas!

The flanking of the Satoriassi horsemen is devastating to your ranks. Mercenaries and peasants drop their weapons and run in amok, as your soldiers get chopped down. Even your orcish bodyguards have to spill blood as every few moments a Satoriassi footsoldier reaches your position with ease. Your army crumbles all around, and your retainers, and even the Orcish bodyguards, urge you to retreat.

In the post-battle chase, many of your remaining soldiers are scattered, and you escape the vicinity of the battlefield with your group of bodyguards only, the Marshal, and few ranking officers.

You lose several days before you manage to evade the Satoriassi raiders and scouts looking for you.

You return to the capital in shame. Your loyal court gathers to discuss your options - or rather lack of it. The noble courtiers, both of high and low ranks, the clergy observers and the royal officials; they all urge you to beg Satoriassi invaders for peace.

A) "We must resist! As long as we resist, there's hope!"
B) "Indeed. Let's send an envoy, hopefully it's not too late yet."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 172