Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A fresh start in the ages past... good or bad?

Yeah! Loving all the aspects of it, and the original series got a bit boring, to be honest.
It's quite good, and has everything a SPAMKINGDOM should have.
It's okay, wouldn't mind seeing the original series updated again though.
I WANT MY FIREBLOOD EMPIRE BACK RIGHT NOW!!!1eleven

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 172

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM 3! King Matin of Kastoria!  (Read 109289 times)

Hotfire90

Re: SPAMKINGDOM 3! King Amet I of Kastoria!
« Reply #1470 on: September 08, 2019, 11:11:02 am »

C

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: September 08, 2019, 11:15:56 am »

C

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: September 08, 2019, 11:21:33 am »

C
I guess it couldn't hurt. In fact, it'll alleviate the treasurer's back pain from all those heavy moneybags.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: September 08, 2019, 12:00:20 pm »

You decide to do something about this.

"I will make the palace the most elegant one. Tapestries will hang from the walls and sculptures will adorn the halls and courtyards." You promise your wife, and she rewards you with a deep kiss.

441 AEC, Late Winter

Wonderful news! The local censuses in the hamlets and settlements of Kastoria show a drastic rise in population since the plague, especially in the last year.

441 AEC, End of the Year

For the third time in your life, the Scrolls of Kingdom Status end up on your desk.

Happiness: 6
Population: 3
Economy: 4
Army: 5
*Navy: 5

Besides the last minute spending on hiring of artisans to decorate your Palace, there were no outstanding changes.

As long as these keep on this level, you can consider the situation to be quite good.

442 AEC, Spring

A new report from the north give you seventy six Fai dead, and eleven people missing, since the start of the previous season.

442 AEC, Mid-Spring

Mermaids!

Fishermen in the south report that merfolk were sighted in the waters in the last weeks. They complain that the beautiful maidens of the seas are bewitching unmarried youths and stealing captured fish from the fishermen boats.

You hear from the Archpriest of the Father about this, too.

"See, my liege! This is because the mermaid pagans were allowed leniency several decades ago. The mermaids were enticed from the depths by the prayers and offerings and are now back to cause mischief and trouble. For sure, there are pagans worshipping and offering to them even today. These must be dealt with also."

As for the mermaids themselves...

A) Send delegates to talk with the merfolk about leaving your seas alone.
B) Send the navy to hunt down the mermaids and teach them a lesson.
C) Hey, mermaids are cute, leave them alone!

As for mermaid worshippers...

A) Criminalize mermaid worship with fines and tongue-cutting, as with any heresy against the Father an the Mother.
B) Send a letter to the peoples of the south, imploring upon them to truly abandon their pagan beliefs.
C) Order a purge of the southern homesteads. One nation, one faith!
D) Leave them alone, their silly beliefs have no connection to this. You can't make things appear by believing in them!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 12:03:10 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: September 08, 2019, 12:06:56 pm »

AB

Workin' that Charisma stat!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Hotfire90

« Reply #1475 on: September 08, 2019, 12:07:52 pm »

AB

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: September 08, 2019, 12:12:51 pm »

AB - We'd probably have to be the delegate to get Charisma bonus on it, but it's worth a shot.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: September 08, 2019, 12:19:50 pm »

AB

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: September 08, 2019, 12:49:09 pm »

AD

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: September 08, 2019, 01:00:10 pm »

AB, grind our CHA to the max.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: September 08, 2019, 01:00:44 pm »

You decide to send a letter to the peoples of the southern coast, to convince them to turn away from the pagan beliefs.

The Archpriest splays his arms in defeat. "King Lycwl did the same! People here never listen." He leaves, shaking his head.

You order some wise and skilled courtiers to act as delegates and try to establish ties with the mermaids.

442 AEC, Late Spring

3*

Your letter had little effect, your magistrates report! While few decided to abandon their beliefs, many simply ignored your words. After all, the peasants say, the Mother and the Father seem but a distant concept. Mermaids, on other way, are real things, and just now surfaced to show themselves to the faithful.

0*

Your courtiers failed to establish ties with the mermaids. They've met with them few times, and all they earned was splashes of water on their faces. One unfortunate courtier drowned, having fell overboard when the mermaids rocked the boat that was carrying him and his two companions. Meanwhile, the attacks on the boats have intensified, and there have been casualties amongst the seamen trying to protect their hauls.

442 AEC, Summer

A report arrives on the Fai; hundred corpses, but fifty five peoples went missing. That both numbers scale up every season is beginning to worry some of your closest advisors.

The noblemen of Kastoria gather for a council, and you're summoned to it as well.

As you sit at the one end of teh table, the courtiers bow and takes seats in front of you, forming a half-circle.

"The council have gathered to address several things, Your Majesty." The Advisor explains, taking a seat between you and the noblemen.

"There are three things they wish to discuss with you and see them resolved in a matter that will best serve our state." He then lists the issues that people wish to solve today: mermaid worship in the southern cities, the increasing amount of disappearances in the north, and expansion into the northwestern plains.

You first decide to tackle...

A) The issue of increasing mermaid worship in the southern settlements and the mermaid activity in the seas.
B) The idea of expanding into sparsely populated, uncivilized lands between Maellia, Kastoria and Xane-Peon.
C) The continuing threat posed by the Fai and the increasing amount of disappearances related to them.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: September 08, 2019, 01:04:42 pm »

A

By tackling the mermaid issue first, we show our fellow nobles that we know we messed up and we're eager to rectify the situation-- with an iron fist if necessary.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: September 08, 2019, 01:16:43 pm »

C
I think the Fai need to be dealt with

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: September 08, 2019, 01:22:14 pm »

A

Send the Navy and be done with it. We will not stir up discontent among our own people while we are fighting the Fai.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1484 on: September 08, 2019, 01:22:37 pm »

A
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 172