Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A fresh start in the ages past... good or bad?

Yeah! Loving all the aspects of it, and the original series got a bit boring, to be honest.
It's quite good, and has everything a SPAMKINGDOM should have.
It's okay, wouldn't mind seeing the original series updated again though.
I WANT MY FIREBLOOD EMPIRE BACK RIGHT NOW!!!1eleven

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 172

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM 3! King Matin of Kastoria!  (Read 109128 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM 3! Queen Arina of Kastoria!
« Reply #1245 on: August 26, 2019, 10:47:46 am »

A
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: August 26, 2019, 01:02:04 pm »

You decide to give the money to the poor and the needy, making use of the money as the late merchant himself probably would.

Everyone liked that!

423 AEC, End of the Year

As you pat your no-longer flat belly, you look outside. The weather is rather stormy this year, and long past seem the old days of your father's rule when the air was warm and winter rains sporadic.

Ah! Here comes the Advisor, which means that its time to peruse the Scrolls of Kingdom Status. As he lays them on your desk, you lean forward to check the numbers...

Happiness: 4
Population: 3
Economy: 4
Army: 3
*Navy: 4

These are, sadly, rather average.

"I won't try to disrupt the delicate balance of our current situation with suggestions, your Majesty. I'm pleased to announce that the lengthy period of investing in new settlements and households has been finished. In the coming year, we should see an increase of population."

You thank the Advisor for his visit and dismiss him.

As you look outside the window, at the blue-grey cover of clouds and the delicate curtains of silvery rain, as the discus of the Sun pierces through in three grandiose, bright beams, an inspiration strikes you. You feel like something within you calls for this beautiful scene of natural beauty to be immmortalized!

How will you do it?

A) It will be a lovely, melodic song.
B) It shall be a beautiful, written poem.
C) Let's ask Orano the Bard to do it!
D) ...Actually, let's not.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: August 26, 2019, 01:08:10 pm »

B - Poetry! We're probably good at that, being charismatic

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: August 26, 2019, 01:33:52 pm »

B

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: August 26, 2019, 01:48:02 pm »

A

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: August 26, 2019, 01:51:22 pm »

B

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: August 26, 2019, 02:33:05 pm »

B

I like how he threw C in there like it was oh so innocent. :P
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: August 26, 2019, 03:04:55 pm »

You decide to try and put the sights on paper.

You spend quite a long time on that, and you struggle with the written forms. After all, poetry is so formal, it has rules and you need to match the words for rhythms and whatnots.

After tearing up the fourth vellum scroll with some words scribbled over it, you decide to give up. Maybe poetry is not for you.

424 AEC, Spring

Your husband becomes sick! The rapidly changing weather, from cold winds to dry, warm air, has caused him a fever.

424 AEC, Few days later...

The worst is behind you. He takes and kisses your hand as you replace the cold towel on his head.

Few days later, he is back to good health.

424 AEC, Mid-Spring

News come from the upstart, rebellious nations of Aroserema; the rebel leader called Matin Gurpilla has married off his only son, Nil, to one of the (numerous) daughters of the King of Maestrimar, Cornu IV. Your courtiers murmur, quite suredly too, that this is his attempt at seeking support abroad for the inevitable conflict with Kastoria later on.

Few days later, you seek services of the local priestess of the Mother, one that is responsible for prayers for difficult pregnancies. Not that yours is very difficult so far, but your stomach is so extremely bloated as of late. Even your dearest husband gets a bit worried.

The middle-aged lady consults her scrolls, then runs her hands on your stomach, and then smiles warmly to you.

"Either a half-giant child, or twins." Your can hear your heart go into gallop - you never gave birth to one normal child, and now you're going to give birth to half-giant! Or worse, twins maybe! Your panic only makes the priestess laugh.

"Consider it not a burden, but a blessing."

'Sure thing, you're not the one that's going to give birth to them.' You keep your thoughts to yourself as the carriage takes you back to the palace.

424 AEC, Summer

Orks have attacked the eastern borderlands!

It is the usual affair, ancient as the trouble they've caused for the past half a millenia or so. Riding giant wolves, the orks care nothing but to rape, pillage and burn, not necessarily in that particular order. As the report reaches your ears, it is evident that at least several villages have been attacked, and dozens of lives were lost.

A) The army shall march forth and deal with the raiding scum!
B) We can't do anything about them right now, sadly.
C) I'm sure we can make them stop the raids with big enough bri- I mean, tribute.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: August 26, 2019, 03:45:18 pm »

A
We have an army, and I’m not sure we have enough money to satisfy them, so we should probably go on the attack

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: August 26, 2019, 03:52:19 pm »

A They don't respect women, but they do respect a strong show of force.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: August 26, 2019, 03:56:38 pm »

A
We'll deal with these glorified thugs in their own language!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: August 26, 2019, 04:07:27 pm »

A - Our dad's bodyguards said they only respect might

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: August 26, 2019, 04:22:43 pm »

You order the Army to go to the east and deal with the orkish raids!

424 AEC, Midsummer

There are reports of success! Several raiding parties were dealt with, and few hamlets successfully protected from immediate destruction.

By the evening, however, what you've dreaded of begins in earnest! You feel the kicking of the child (or children), as it demands to be delivered upon this world. You quickly call for the nurses and maidens to help you to a spare bedroom. Hot water and soft towels are prepared as the ladies undress you and lay your nude, bloated body upon the large bed, locking the door as the men are not allowed to witness this miracle of life.

After hours of sweating, being in pain, screaming and crying, you finally give birth - to two squealing children! The nurses take the newborns away as you breathe out in relief.

"May Father and Mother bless you further, my Queen." The matron hands the two tiny, towel-wrapped bundles, into your waiting arms. "They're both boys." Boys! Surely, Gabrrel will be delighted to hear that he has not one but two sons.

He arrives shortly afterwards, smooching up your hands and holding the children for the first time. After some deliberation, he decides to name them Amet and Arrat. You wish them long and prosperous lives.

424 AEC, Late Summer

Great victory for your Army in the east! Not only they've destroyed the little raiding parties over several weeks' time, they've also caught up with the main horde. Your soldiers bravely fell upon the orks, and apparently, have beheaded one of their High Chiefs. As High Chiefs are one of the smartest, strongest, and usually, longest-lived of orks, this is no mere feat.

It will definitely cause the brutish orks to seek plunder and destruction far, far from the borders of Kastoria.

424 AEC, Autumn

Gold bullion arrives from the mines, supplying the Treasury with much needed money.

The council gathers as some of your nobles, encouraged by the victory against the orks, have arrived at the capital to discuss a certain matter with you.

"My Queen," one of them begins. "Our Army is strong, our levies numerous, and a certain territory requires reconquest!"

"Yes!" Another echoes their predecessor. "It is best of times to fall upon Aroserema and reestablish Lycwyllian rule over the land!"

"We must be careful, my peers." One of the less-bloodthirsty nobles chimes in. "They've established ties with Maestrimar, and whilst our victory against orks was truly glorious, orks do not wield steel nor they build castles that require sieges to capture them."

The war-mongering nobles quickly boo the cautious nobleman. "You're afraid! And there's nothing to be afraid of! We will be victorious!" They shout in agreement, but its evident that a (smaller) part of the court is less than enthusiastic about the war.

You decide to...

A) Begin preparations for the war at once. Aroserema must be punished!
B) Declare that there will be no war - instead, you will work on establishing peace and friendship between Kastoria and Aroserema.
C) Side with the cautious part of the court, and postpone the reconquest of Aroserema, for two, maybe three years, or so.
SigFlags!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: August 26, 2019, 04:36:48 pm »

B
If they have ties with Maestrimar, and we have peace with them, then we have indirect peace with Maestrimar as well

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: August 26, 2019, 04:43:38 pm »

C
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 172