Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A fresh start in the ages past... good or bad?

Yeah! Loving all the aspects of it, and the original series got a bit boring, to be honest.
It's quite good, and has everything a SPAMKINGDOM should have.
It's okay, wouldn't mind seeing the original series updated again though.
I WANT MY FIREBLOOD EMPIRE BACK RIGHT NOW!!!1eleven

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 172

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM 3! King Matin of Kastoria!  (Read 109144 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM 3! King Lycwl of Kastoria!
« Reply #120 on: May 29, 2019, 02:22:28 pm »

The Marshal enters the throne room, and salutes to you.

"My liege, I personally bring an urgent request to you. If we're to continue the fight against Kingdom of Satorias, we need men, and soon! Otherwise, we will be defeated in next battle, and naught but surrender will remain an option." The courtiers murmur at the Marshal's defeatism, but what can the man do?

A) "I will hire mercenaries and draft peasants to replenish the ranks of your Army!"
B) "I will hire mercenaries to replenish your ranks!"
C) "I will draft peasants to replenish your ranks!"
D) "Alas, there's nothing I can do."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 29, 2019, 03:31:19 pm »

A

If we allow these kingdoms to survive unharmed beyond the deaths of some of their army they will simply nurse a bruised ego until they find their next opportunity to attack us. We got lucky this time, we are not likely to get lucky next time and the cost of a loss is often far higher than the cost of reinforcements. To victory!
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 29, 2019, 03:40:46 pm »

B  We can assault the other kingdom directly with a large enough army, get some loot and force concessions.  The damage to our navy is quite unfortunate but at least we can keep the reputation of being a bad place to mess with the previous king gave.

Drafting peasants so soon after the old tyrant was taken down seems a bad plan.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 29, 2019, 03:53:01 pm »

A

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 29, 2019, 04:02:34 pm »

B

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 29, 2019, 05:09:11 pm »

A.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 30, 2019, 01:05:13 pm »

You assure the Marshal that you will get him mercenaries and peasants as fresh blood. He salutes and leaves hastily to resume his work.

Meanwhile, the envoy from Kingdom of Satorias is let in.

"Greetings and blessings of Mother to you, King Lycwl. I'm here on behalf of King Xon III of Satorias. He asks you to admit defeat - your forces are numerically inferior and ours, and those of our ally, have the upper hand. He wishes to end the hostilities if you agree to certain terms."

"What are those terms?" The Advisor asks, and the envoy pulls out a scroll, from which he reads:

"Kingdom of Kastoria will end its unlawful oppression of the peoples of Albarra, and set the province free as independent fief, which will be then allowed to choose its own Council, as the way was in the old days of that prosperous land. Furthermore, Kingdom of Maestrimar and Kingdom of Satorias will be given a token tribute of silver and gold, a spoils of war and reward for bravery, skill, and superiority of our armies."

A) "What a joke! Away with you, or I shall toss you into the royal dungeon!"
B) "Freedom to Albarrans, sure - but the Kings of Satorias and Maestrimar shall receive not a single coin!"
C) "We can send a tribute to please the southern Kings, but Albarra is rightful territory of Kastoria!"
D) "We accept all the terms - it is the best choice right now."
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 01:54:27 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 30, 2019, 01:53:44 pm »

A
Was any peace deal like this one was ever excepted in those games?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 30, 2019, 01:55:33 pm »

A
Was any peace deal like this one was ever accepted in those games?

Several.

Admittedly, after the initial peace treaty (on better terms) was rejected by the stubborn majority.

You see Igor, when in SPAMKINGDOM, you first refuse then regret. Is tradition!
SigFlags!

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 30, 2019, 02:09:00 pm »

C

They do have and advantage over our army, even with reinforcements I believe, and we should still have a little money though we've tossed it about liberally.

changing
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 06:08:27 pm by mightymushroom »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2019, 02:25:41 pm »

A
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 07:18:02 pm by ZBridges »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 30, 2019, 03:49:05 pm »

A
Why the hell would we give them anything after we just spent so much money reinforcements? Why would we waste all that money on reinforcements just to make a treaty with them where we have to give away EVEN MORE money? And the land is also out of the question, that's what this war is about in the first place and we're not that flip floppity!
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 30, 2019, 04:35:08 pm »

A

It is early, and I'm not invested in this character/kingdom yet. Absolutely not afraid to risk it all here.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 30, 2019, 05:52:52 pm »

A
I think our next action should be to show these guys the meaning of the word "defeat" in a dictionary.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 30, 2019, 06:11:35 pm »

B

I reread the battle report and it seems I had a few of my figures wrong, we are not so badly off as I believed. Nevertheless, we are at some disadvantage and I am not going to condone continued fighting. Note that independence is already a step up from their earlier demand to completely hand over Albarra.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 172