Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Forum Game Suggestions  (Read 5394 times)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Game Requests and Free Ideas
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2019, 10:29:58 am »

Land Wars. Which is a game I don't have the time to explain right at this moment but basically there was a game of it on here before that flopped, but it got me hooked and I feel like with a more dedicated and somewhat more... personable GM it can absolutely work.
This 100%. The Nuzlocke forums I'm on don't run it consistently, so I'd be super down to make it happen.

Does Nuzlocke Forums even have regular forum games outside of mafia games that die to other reasons than player inactivity? No matter how active I am in my own threads in the forum game section, they rarely get a second page due to no player activity.

I thought GM inactivity was a major reason for forum game death, but there it's player inactivity.
it's over

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2019, 10:31:33 am »

Land Wars. Which is a game I don't have the time to explain right at this moment but basically there was a game of it on here before that flopped, but it got me hooked and I feel like with a more dedicated and somewhat more... personable GM it can absolutely work.
This 100%. The Nuzlocke forums I'm on don't run it consistently, so I'd be super down to make it happen.

>Personable GM
>Being on Bay12

Afraid you'll have to pick one, sir. Can't have both.

>Personable GM
>Being on Bay12: (1) TricMagic

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2019, 10:32:44 am »

>Personable GM
>Being on Bay12

>Personable GM
>Being on Bay12: (2) TricMagic, 0cra_tr0per
it's over

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2019, 11:00:50 am »

>Personable GM
>Being on Bay12

Sorry, I was attempting to find a good word for 'somebody who doesn't ban players for having different political views and is willing to pause the game to write battles instead of drawing them out over six turns of silence, allowing other players to interfere five turns after the battle should have ended and both players had annexed the kingdom being fought over, and then deciding the battle on RNG anyway'
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 11:10:55 am by Failbird105 »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2019, 11:12:30 am »

Well if it seems to continue to be explosively popular discussion hangout, maybe I'll bug Toad about a sticky in awhile.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2019, 11:25:54 am »

>Personable GM
>Being on Bay12

Sorry, I was attempting to find a good word for 'somebody who doesn't ban players for having different political views and is willing to pause the game to write battles instead of drawing them out over six turns of silence, allowing other players to interfere five turns after the battle should have ended and both players had annexed the kingdom being fought over, and then deciding the battle on RNG anyway'
Or, someone who knows ideologies that involve killing half the population and still having starvation and forum games don't mix.

Plus that shit was all offsite anyways.
it's over

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2019, 11:52:12 am »

*concern as the thread locks for a moment over inflammatory remarks*
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2019, 12:07:26 pm »

Eh. I don't think this needs stickying. It has the potential to be a useful thread, sure, but not all useful threads need to pollute the stickies.

And guys, let's drop that whole drama. Some... interesting, behavior on part of the GM on an associated discord along with additional kerfuffles with the running of the game, but it's in the past now. Learn from your mistakes and move on.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Outsider

• Bay Watcher
  • SOMEONE HELP ME WITH AVATARS ON THIS BLOODY SITE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2019, 11:10:42 am »

Does Nuzlocke Forums even have regular forum games outside of mafia games that die to other reasons than player inactivity? No matter how active I am in my own threads in the forum game section, they rarely get a second page due to no player activity.

I thought GM inactivity was a major reason for forum game death, but there it's player inactivity.
They come ass a bunch of ADHD grade schoolers with diabetes from eating too much sweets, who additionally suffer from Nintenditis (look it up). Surprising that any Land Wars game got beyond page 01 there.

@Everyone Else: Didn't expect this to blow up. Haha. No need getting up in arms over politics, you two. No one here is qualified or smart enough to engage in politics anyway. We're nerds on a Mongolian basket weaving forum, not the next head of the UN. I agree with Waffles; let that stuff stow, mates.
Isekai: A suggestion game. High Fantasy, Action, Adventure.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2019, 12:05:55 pm »

Posts Gridhood that isn't going to be as heavy on a GM, expects fighting.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2019, 06:09:09 pm »

Well, there hasn't been a post here in a bit, just felt like bringing up another thing though, less of a specific game, and more of a concept in forum games.. That being where you submit something(songs, Yu-gi-oh cards, fictional characters) and the GM builds your character/abilities/deck/whatever based on that.

This is seen in stuff like Fallacys old Stand Off, as well as BYOR Mafia games. It's one of those things that I really want to see, but also really don't want to run myself, not because I wouldn't be willing to run a game but because my whole interest in games involving this concept is to see how other people interpret things.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 12:49:17 pm by Failbird105 »

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2019, 07:48:24 pm »

I just might use that idea.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2019, 09:47:56 pm »

Was thinking of a different sort of Arms Race.

Instead of killing each other there are dungeon type deals.

The Arms Race, is better equipping and recruiting people to explore these spots for loot and possible plot/power ups.

It’s called Tomb Space, as it is weird alien crafts and sturtires, seemingly abandoned.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2019, 10:35:50 pm »

Vaguely reminds me of Boss Monster. A boardgame where you design a lair and entice heroes to their doom.

Which could also be a fun PvE or PvP arms race.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 10:37:44 pm by roseheart »
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2019, 02:05:22 pm »

Alright guys aside my games now. Only got enough juice to make four more that will interest me. Only applied when my current work is dead.

Stellar Legions: Unlike precious games ( now dubbed High Command) In the new Stellar Legions, it’s part story mode, part army, part design game. Here I charge of a single legion, not complete forces of humanity and stuff happens. Based on your stuf limits what can be made in unit design/refit. Along with choices, that affect tone and mood of npcs.

Forbidden Relics: Here your a magic using student, who so happens to find a piece of magic that is forbidden. Leading to a rabbit hole of all sorts of things.

Invaders: This time the opposite of Stellar Legions. Your leading one of the forces of xenos or daemons out to wipe out the rest.

Swarm
Ancients:
Warrior Race:
Inheritors:
Machines:
Planar:

Each one has three options. For taste. And with that happy genocide.

The last

End of Infinity: Humans in latter 21 century made a massive success in energy tech. It breaks reality. Literally. FTL travel occurs, magic occurs, as well as technology never seen in real life before. Reality is subjected by who sees it. God, The Devil, Chaos And Nature are all alive and in the living space with humans. Also non human life showed up, the realm of imsnigation broke as all the things dealt by man are real now. Hell some humans mutated into said roles.

Two stat sets. Ruler/Officer. Also Faction.

End, SL, and Invaders all use the same galaxy map Roseheart made for me. As it’s awesome.

Edit: Also have Mad World Deal. Where one competes and kills people in creative, violent ways for the sponsors approval.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 11:14:33 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4