Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 43

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - Game over, SK team wins  (Read 76498 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D2
« Reply #420 on: May 27, 2019, 08:36:57 pm »

No, RGU is talking nonsense about kingawsum maybe being scum with a miller role, which is silly. Do I need to keep telling people not to make assumptions?

Shakerag: can mafia members have miller role?

I wanted you to figure out why you thought I was suspicious, now you’re hopping on the biggest bandwagon a little bit before the deadline. You did the same thing with Kit yesterday, which was part of the reason I wanted you to make your case against me and ask me questions, so I could figure out your motives. You didn’t do that, prevaricated with filler “woe is me” posts which meant I couldn’t do that, and now, again, you’re hopping in the biggest bandwagon.

If you had been paying any attention, you would’ve pointed out I said I thought you were town before, but you’re not , you’re taking the path of least resistance and look as though you’re going with town, so tomorrow, after I’ve flipped town, you can say “well I’ve been saying all game long I’m having trouble and everyone else was voting hector so I thought they had a good point.”

I’ve already explained why I think Persus isn’t town. He had no interest in understanding my position behind scum fakeclaiming a daykill, prefering to tell me he thought scum wouldn’t fakeclaim, which was super helpful in showing me how I was wrong. /capital sarcasm

Had I more time and interest, I’d have been poking at him for the remainder of the day.

Consequently I understand what IcyTea was talking about regarding arguing in bad faith in the last game.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 27, 2019, 09:16:48 pm »

No, RGU is talking nonsense about kingawsum maybe being scum with a miller role, which is silly. Do I need to keep telling people not to make assumptions?
Ah. Thank you.

I wanted you to figure out why you thought I was suspicious, now you’re hopping on the biggest bandwagon a little bit before the deadline. You did the same thing with Kit yesterday, which was part of the reason I wanted you to make your case against me and ask me questions, so I could figure out your motives. You didn’t do that, prevaricated with filler “woe is me” posts which meant I couldn’t do that, and now, again, you’re hopping in the biggest bandwagon.

I did the same thing with Nirur Torir yesterday. Kit's little wagon, I started, and when Kit showed up and started doing things, I hopped off to give him chance to speak. At that point, I didn't have any really strong scumreads left, and Nirur Torir was just inconsistent enough to be worth lynching.

I'm trying to build a case on you and ask you questions. I didn't do that before. I regret that. I'm trying to build a case on you now.

Also, just to give me the proper motivation for later... I'm done with "woe is me" posts. "Woe is me" posts are not conducive to town victory. I'm not allowing myself any more "woe is me" posts. If I'm that tempted to post a "woe is me" post, I'll request a replacement. If I do post another "woe is me" post, lynch me with extreme prejudice.

If you had been paying any attention, you would’ve pointed out I said I thought you were town before, but you’re not , you’re taking the path of least resistance and look as though you’re going with town, so tomorrow, after I’ve flipped town, you can say “well I’ve been saying all game long I’m having trouble and everyone else was voting hector so I thought they had a good point.”

Just to clarify. You are... calling me out for failing to notice your previously considering me town? Do I have that right?

And "path of least resistance" has been tempting, yes. I'm done with that now. I'm now betting my life on my vote, and if I get this wrong I intend to die in the most useful way possible.

I’ve already explained why I think Persus isn’t town. He had no interest in understanding my position behind scum fakeclaiming a daykill, prefering to tell me he thought scum wouldn’t fakeclaim, which was super helpful in showing me how I was wrong. /capital sarcasm
Wonderful, thank you. If you do somehow flip town after all I'll know who to look into.

Consequently I understand what IcyTea was talking about regarding arguing in bad faith in the last game.
Is this directed at me or at Persus?

-----------------------------------
I didn't get an answer before, so again:
lol suddenly you’re very sure of yourself when I say you’re at the top of the list of my scumpicks eh?
When did you call me "top at the list of my scumpicks"? At the time I posted, your top scumpick was Persus yes? What am I missing here?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 27, 2019, 09:23:50 pm »

Shakerag: is it possible for scum to be involved in a mason chat?
It's possible, depending on circumstances.

It's possible.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 27, 2019, 09:30:18 pm »

Huh. So RGU had a point back there. Cool. Now I'm wondering about a thing he said, though.

RGU: Wait wait wait, Hector's one of your null-tells? Is that the closest thing to a scum-read you have right now?

And for good measure:

Hector: What did you mean before about not learning from last game's mistakes?

klonk
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 27, 2019, 09:37:33 pm »

You’re not building a case on me. You’re justifying jumping on two bandwagons on D1 and a third one on D2, interspersed with asking me about things which are very easy to check yourself by actually reading my posts.

I said you and Persus are my top scumpicks a few posts ago. You voted me the first post you made after that, going from your consistently cagey posts of D2 to being quite certain I’m scum. The contrast is stark.

PPE: you and RGU seem to think I’m going to make the same mistakes I made in my previous game in this one, instead of learning from them and adapting my play if I roll anti-town again.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 27, 2019, 09:41:40 pm »

I'll be traveling back from Memorial Day Weekend tomorrow so I won't be around for day end.

Shakerag: is it possible for scum to be involved in a mason chat?
Do you suspect I'm in one?
[/quote]
Kinga was in one and I've previously claimed to be in it with him

Considering there was an Amnesiac Mafioso Mafia member and the game premise, I wouldn't be surprised if that was an option.

You gave your reasons why you thought it would be beneficial for scum to fakeclaim a daykill. I gave you a list of reasons why they wouldn't.

Is this directed at me or at Persus?
That's a jab at me.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 27, 2019, 09:50:05 pm »

PPE: you and RGU seem to think I’m going to make the same mistakes I made in my previous game in this one, instead of learning from them and adapting my play if I roll anti-town again.
Ah. That was more of your sarcasm. Of course. You're saying, then, that you would not attempt to take refuge in audacity as a Serial Killer? We shouldn't think you're a Serial Killer, because if you were you would do a better job of it than this? I call WIFOM.

klonk
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 27, 2019, 10:28:06 pm »

On that note, I need to be heading out for the night. Tomorrow's gonna be crazy busy, but I should be able to find a quiet spot to crack my laptop open at some point or other. Hopefully.

See y'all at lynching time!

klonk
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 27, 2019, 10:33:08 pm »

You gave your reasons why you thought it would be beneficial for scum to fakeclaim a daykill. I gave you a list of reasons why they wouldn't.

You did. Then I tried to explain why I disagreed and share my thought process, and you kept restating your list, as though I were a slow child having trouble understanding a simple idea.

I understand your simple idea, and wanted to explore an alternative, but you had no interest in that, nor in the motivation behind it. You apparently think scum are going to conform to the way you think they’re going to act every single time, and never deviate. Optimal play, erry time.

A question for you: consider things from my perspective.

NQT gave me misgivings on D1. He alluded to having information about you, but wouldn’t say what it was, only that he’d reveal it on D2, pinky promise. Red flag number 1, he’s happy to say he has information the town needs, but not share it now.

He engaged in what could be described as standard, optimal play (I hate the term and the concept, but it fits here) on a guilty claim, voting the guilty party. Non-alignment indicative move: town want scum gone, scum don’t want to get caught defending someone they know is actually guilty.

He then votes for the one person who voted the cop with the guilty result after it was shown to be accurate. Another NAI play, easy towncred for scum, as town are curious why someone voted the cop.

A little later he slides that over to a player who has 0 posts. Sensible move... but disappears and leaves it on said player for the remainder of the day. Red flag number 2, activity is not alignment indicative, and this was not a good place to have a vote at the end of the day. Easily explained away as being too busy to change the vote.

D2, he claims he misread his PM, lol that information I had isn’t all that useful, Persus is my BUDDY. Red flag 3, the information that he alluded to on D1 as being useful then turns out to actually not be that useful after all.

He claims killing the scum player on D1. Red flag number 4, in the short-term, a good fakeclaim because it’s unlikely to be disproven even if someone counters it, in the medium-term and beyond, well it’s a power heavy game so he might be trying to draw actions to him to nullify town powers because he has, for example, green goo or a paranoid gun owner role.

How would you approach trying to figure out NQT’s alignment in this instance?

PPE: Superdorf no I’m saying I find meta-arguments to be bullshit because past performance does not guarantee future results. For example, You’re playing much more cagey in this game than you did in the last, does that mean you must be scum? You argues”d earlier that Kit’s inactivity then active-lurking (apparently dishonest) meant he was likely scum, and you’ve done nothing but active lurk for the entirety of D2 ‘til now, does that mean you must be scum?

How is it audacious to suggest I learn from past experience? Do you make the same mistakes over and over and over, or do you have the common sense to understand that doing something the same way you did before will very likely end up with the same result? Or maybe that’s what I want you to think and I’m doing the same thing in the last game in the hope you think I’m actually clever and woukdn’t do the same thing again.

This is why meta-arguments are stupid.

Why is this even a thing we’re talking about? What have I done in this game specifically that is scummy, anti-town, whatever?

PPE2: well that was a complete waste of my time. I feel so fulfilled in my existence.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 28, 2019, 06:30:12 am »

You did. Then I tried to explain why I disagreed and share my thought process, and you kept restating your list, as though I were a slow child having trouble understanding a simple idea.

I understand your simple idea, and wanted to explore an alternative, but you had no interest in that, nor in the motivation behind it. You apparently think scum are going to conform to the way you think they’re going to act every single time, and never deviate. Optimal play, erry time.
Oh I know they'll changes things up, its just if they changed up this one they are in serious danger of dying. Secondly, you say now you were just trying to get a read on NQT, but from my perspective it looked like you were trying to lynch him over the fact that he might be fakeclaiming.  I can understand wanting to make sure the "confirmed town" was town. I don't understand why that strangely became your sole goal in life. And after your interactions with Kit at the beginning of the day, I was already pretty suspicious of you.

NQT gave me misgivings on D1. He alluded to having information about you, but wouldn’t say what it was, only that he’d reveal it on D2, pinky promise. Red flag number 1, he’s happy to say he has information the town needs, but not share it now.
Yeah, he does stuff like that all the time (including breadcrumbing). Also, revealing information early on is not helpful to town except under certain conditions, and having a buddy role is not one of those conditions.

A little later he slides that over to a player who has 0 posts. Sensible move... but disappears and leaves it on said player for the remainder of the day. Red flag number 2, activity is not alignment indicative, and this was not a good place to have a vote at the end of the day. Easily explained away as being too busy to change the vote.
I don't see this as alignment indicative either. Being inactive during day end happens to both scum and town. Have you asked NQT for an explanation of this?

D2, he claims he misread his PM, lol that information I had isn’t all that useful, Persus is my BUDDY. Red flag 3, the information that he alluded to on D1 as being useful then turns out to actually not be that useful after all.
Yeah, none of that is surprising to me.

How would you approach trying to figure out NQT’s alignment in this instance?
You've already gotten that answer for me, but tunneling that player wouldn't be my response.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 28, 2019, 07:47:12 am »

Tric:
Because it is easy to say I'm town. As in line with my play, I will never say that outside of a mistake. Mostly for cases where it isn't true.

Likewise, we can only really trust Kit's that he is town. Not a very useful inquiry unless it's to try and lynch me off a personal gameplay point.

How does me saying "I'm Town" help any?
This doesn't have anything to do with what I asked you. You also haven't responded to my point about your reasons for voting NQT being nonsensical.

Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 28, 2019, 08:59:06 am »

Huh. So RGU had a point back there. Cool. Now I'm wondering about a thing he said, though.

RGU: Wait wait wait, Hector's one of your null-tells? Is that the closest thing to a scum-read you have right now?

The closest thing to a scum read is you, actually, and I plan on getting you lynched tomorrow if the game doesn't end when hector13 is lynched and if he flips town. The reason I read hector13 as null was because he didn't seem to be very town or scum, so I think it would be better to say that I read him as a third party now. I just think it's more likely for hector13 to be a hostile third holding the game than you being scum.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 28, 2019, 09:29:57 am »

Tric:
Because it is easy to say I'm town. As in line with my play, I will never say that outside of a mistake. Mostly for cases where it isn't true.

Likewise, we can only really trust Kit's that he is town. Not a very useful inquiry unless it's to try and lynch me off a personal gameplay point.

How does me saying "I'm Town" help any?
This doesn't have anything to do with what I asked you. You also haven't responded to my point about your reasons for voting NQT being nonsensical.

What is nonsensical? Haven't I answered that before the bold? ...

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 28, 2019, 09:32:37 am »

You and Persus had 2 votes on Rgun. NQT votes hector, then Persus jumps to vote hector. What did you think I would do over such a quick vote change when I thought the day was going to end?

Yep, this thing. I ask again why you seem to be trying to build up some sort of momentum on me. You just bolded a question, and seem to be trying to ignore my answer to ask another question I already answered.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D1 Start!
« Reply #434 on: May 28, 2019, 09:52:50 am »

Queued day actions have been processed.

Day will end Tuesday May 28th, 1:30 PM Central Time.  Weekends don't count.

Vote Count
------------------------
(1)Superdorf - hector13
(0)TricMagic -
(0)Persus13 -
(4)hector13 - notquitethere, Persus13, randomgenericusername, Superdorf
(0)KitRougard -
(1)randomgenericusername - Deus Asmoth
(0)Deus Asmoth -
(1)notquitethere - TricMagic
(0)No Lynch -

Not Voting - KitRougard

Please let me know if the votecount seems inaccurate.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 43