Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 43

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - Game over, SK team wins  (Read 76459 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D2
« Reply #360 on: May 25, 2019, 01:03:41 pm »

Oh hey I forgot that my wife has a friend staying over, so I’ll be much less active this weekend.

I’ll try to get a post up at some point.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 25, 2019, 02:46:27 pm »

Right. Given the lack of talk. Dues Asmoth, not participating, then saying you won't be able to participate till the next day.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 25, 2019, 02:56:35 pm »

That's... that's it?
Do you believe DA is scum?
What are you hoping to get out of him with this vote?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 25, 2019, 03:07:18 pm »

No one seems to actually be talking, and given what Nirur Torir said, it may have been a ploy to solidify Deus' Position. Short of him coughing up a Forensics Investigation result, he would be the best option.

And note I had a Sleeper Forensics Expert ability before. He hasn't participated, and now he wants to essentially coast through day 2.

This also applies to hector.. Shakerag, Votecount?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 25, 2019, 07:51:01 pm »

pfp

So... I’m feeling RGU and Superdorf are probably town, though I still have misgivings.

Still waiting on a Superdorf to tell me why I’m scum though.

Reconsidering NQT’s daykill claim as clearing, because it is unconfirmed, and they were very cagey yesterday (lots of “yeah I have information for town, better keep me alive so I can tell you about it” without much else) and did actually say they thought IcyTea killed MaxSpin prior to claiming that it was in fact himself. Doesn’t make much sense to wait to claim if it’s a one-shot. Would probably make more sense to claim the kill on D1 and not say it was one-shot to draw fire from Tric.

I need to look a bit deeper into DA’s stuff, since he’s pretty much here through PoE - my basis for scumhunting st this point being focusing on the wagon that formed on Nirur - and that’s not ideal for D2.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 25, 2019, 08:18:06 pm »

Yeahh, sorry to keep you waiting there. I've been bouncin' around all day, haven't had time for a proper analysis. Gimme a bit, I'll try and start dredging stuff up...

NQT: What's all this about you being "buddies" with Persus13? What information were you trying to get out of him D1?
hector13: If NQT didn't perform that daykill D1, then who did? IcyTea?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 25, 2019, 08:27:47 pm »

Also I'm inactive because I'm out of town for this weekend. I'll see if I can get a proper post on Monday, but no guarantees.

Reconsidering NQT’s daykill claim as clearing, because it is unconfirmed, and they were very cagey yesterday (lots of “yeah I have information for town, better keep me alive so I can tell you about it” without much else) and did actually say they thought IcyTea killed MaxSpin prior to claiming that it was in fact himself. Doesn’t make much sense to wait to claim if it’s a one-shot. Would probably make more sense to claim the kill on D1 and not say it was one-shot to draw fire from Tric.
Iirc NQT claimed that Spin was probably behind Icytea's death, but not the other way around. If you end up deciding to pursue this further, I'd like an explanation for why NQT wasn't counter-claimed, or how killing Spin would advance his wincon as scum.

Right. Given the lack of talk. Dues Asmoth, not participating, then saying you won't be able to participate till the next day.
Why are you voting someone for being upfront for being unable to post?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 25, 2019, 08:30:29 pm »

Yeahh, sorry to keep you waiting there. I've been bouncin' around all day, haven't had time for a proper analysis. Gimme a bit, I'll try and start dredging stuff up...

NQT: What's all this about you being "buddies" with Persus13? What information were you trying to get out of him D1?
hector13: If NQT didn't perform that daykill D1, then who did? IcyTea?

I'm just going to say that while IcyTea did have a vigkill, it wasn't usable during the day so he couldn't have done the kill.
That Bad-Ass Nurse in an Action Movie

Nurse: When the doctor dies, you become a Doctor.
<50%> One-Shot Vigilante: You can kill other players. Your ability can only be used once. <This role's actions only work 50% of the time.> Actions: kill (1 use)
<Paranoid> Inspector Gadget: You may inspect once per night, or do a random nonkill action. You may or may not be sane. <A paranoid cop always gets mafia results.> Actions: inspect special
Mystery <Mad Monk>: You have a night ability, but you don't know what it does. <You can kill another player each night. You are immune to all actions except kills.> Actions: mystery
Computer Hacker: You may hack another player's action, modifying it randomly. Actions: hack
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D1 First Blood!
« Reply #368 on: May 25, 2019, 09:16:14 pm »

IcyTea obviously daykilled by Max.

You are correct, I misread that as IcyTea obviously daykilled Max.

Anyhow, why would NQT be counterclaimed? More than one person can perform a kill, meaning even if someone else did perform the kill they couldn’t be certain NQT didn’t perform the kill too, and not everybody’s Tric and - if you’ll excuse the metaphor - blows their load in the first few hours of the game.

Equally so, a kill outside the control of scum is a significant threat because it means they don’t have to worry solely about being lynched, as that requires a consensus of the town at large versus someone with an itchy trigger finger and a good head for analysis.

Whoever had the kill is obviously aligned against scum, and would probably want another opportunity to pop scum again. This makes it a pretty good fakeclaim; difficult to disprove, even if someone counterclaimed.

Consequently, I don’t think he performed the daykill. If it was truly one-shot, he would’ve claimed doing it at the time because he was onboard with Tric’s claim immediately, and if he was telling the truth about the kill, clearly believed him enough to use a D1 1-shot kill. Claiming it and omitting the limited use nature would’ve drawn attention away from Tric as a result.

Beyond that, his insistence he had information useful to town but couldn’t reveal it until today, coupled with an apparent lack of impetus to find scum (his votes so far have been MaxSpin for Tric’s claim, Superdorf for voting Tric, and Kit for silence, which seems a bizarre switch) and his insistence that he’s got information for town, really good information that he needs to tell us but it has to wait ‘til D2, and he killed scum but oh sorry 1-shot guys.

tl;dr I don’t believe NQT performed the kill, because he would’ve claimed it at the time to protect Tric from mafia, it’s an easy fakeclaim which won’t be disproven even if countered, and his contribution has mostly been “I’m useful to town really, but I can’t say why ‘til later!”

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D1 Start!
« Reply #369 on: May 25, 2019, 09:40:04 pm »

Queued day actions have been processed.

Day will end Tuesday May 28th, 1:30 PM Central Time.  Weekends don't count.

Vote Count
------------------------
(1)Superdorf - randomgenericusername
(0)TricMagic -
(0)Persus13 -
(0)hector13 -
(0)KitRougard -
(2)randomgenericusername - Deus Asmoth, Persus13
(1)Deus Asmoth - TricMagic
(1)notquitethere - hector13
(0)No Lynch -

Not Voting - Superdorf, KitRougard, notquitethere

Please let me know if the votecount seems inaccurate.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 26, 2019, 04:40:43 am »

Hector13, your case is absurd and poorly researched. On D1 I speculated that Max (who had a daykill) performed the kill on Tea. I didn't say anything about who killed Max then. I've explained any caginess I might have had D1 if you read my last few post. To recap: I decided not to claim on D1 so that I wouldn't be a target n1. You might say that this is selfish, but give Tric's role powers are all gone it did in fact turn out to be the right move. This is a high-powered game and I wanted to use a trick up my sleeve.

Also I didn't claim D1 that I had really good info... just that it wouldn't have been town-sided to reveal (the Persus stuff etc) straight away.

Further, your rationale for players not counter-claiming me (if I had been lying) directly contradicts your attack for me not claiming. If it was unsafe to counterclaim a kill in your eyes, then why was it safe to claim a kill?

Who has the best motive for doubting a confirmed mafiakiller actually killed the mafia? The mafia.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 26, 2019, 08:35:28 am »

Hector13: So if NQT didn't do the kill, then why hasn't the real daykiller claimed by now? And by that logic then nobody else could have done the kill since no one claimed it during Day 1. You say it's easily disproven and that multiple players could have targeted him, but so far no one has counterclaimed it. While you're right that not claiming the kill if it was a single use is suspicious, NQT did push towards a Maximum Spin lynch, so it makes sense that he would daykill him.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 26, 2019, 10:31:59 am »

NQT

Hector13, your case is absurd and poorly researched. On D1 I speculated that Max (who had a daykill) performed the kill on Tea. I didn't say anything about who killed Max then. I've explained any caginess I might have had D1 if you read my last few post. To recap: I decided not to claim on D1 so that I wouldn't be a target n1. You might say that this is selfish, but give Tric's role powers are all gone it did in fact turn out to be the right move. This is a high-powered game and I wanted to use a trick up my sleeve.

Also I didn't claim D1 that I had really good info... just that it wouldn't have been town-sided to reveal (the Persus stuff etc) straight away.

Further, your rationale for players not counter-claiming me (if I had been lying) directly contradicts your attack for me not claiming. If it was unsafe to counterclaim a kill in your eyes, then why was it safe to claim a kill?

Who has the best motive for doubting a confirmed mafiakiller actually killed the mafia? The mafia.

You were cagey on D1 because you misread your PM? This makes little sense.

You were cagey on D1 because you wanted to use your powers in the night? I’ll deal with that later in the post.

Your votes on D1 were, in order, a player with a guilty result, a player who voted the player who gave the guilty result, and a pressure vote on an inactive player, where your vote rested for the remainder of the day. How is an inactive player more likely to be scum than a player who was voting against a claimed guaranteed sane inspect?

You’re not doing well reading things this game, it seems. I said it was foolish to claim a re-usable kill. You claimed a 1-shot, which is now useless. Who wants to stay alive and not draw the attention of malicious parties away from a guaranteed sane inspect? Scum.

What was the trick up your sleeve? You’ve claimed a now useless kill as a power and you’re a BUDDY with Persus. Did it prove more useful than a guaranteed sane inspect that you trusted enough to blow through a 1-shot on D1?

How are you a confirmed mafiakiller? Because you said so? Well I’m town. Oh noes, you’re voting confirmed town!

RGU

Hector13: So if NQT didn't do the kill, then why hasn't the real daykiller claimed by now? And by that logic then nobody else could have done the kill since no one claimed it during Day 1. You say it's easily disproven and that multiple players could have targeted him, but so far no one has counterclaimed it. While you're right that not claiming the kill if it was a single use is suspicious, NQT did push towards a Maximum Spin lynch, so it makes sense that he would daykill him.

I think I didn’t explain myself very well. The real daykiller is either town with a reusable kill, or they’re third-party and don’t want to reveal they have a kill. Either way, it is sensible for them to keep that information a secret from scum. And the town in the case of the latter.

I said it was difficult to disprove whether any one player performed a kill (outside of tracking/watching abilities like Kit’s Night Watchman role, for example) which is why even if someone did counterclaim the MaxSpin kill, NQT could say they targeted him with a kill too.

It would make sense for NQT to kill MaxSpin, but that would mean he was fully trusting of Tric’s claim too because he claims to have used a 1-shot kill on D1 as a consequence.  If he was fully trusting of Tric’s claim - a guaranteed sane alignment inspect - why would he not try to protect that incredibly powerful role?

He claims it was so he could use his powers at night, but, taken from a town perspective on D1, we don’t know how many scum there are, and being able to eliminate even one player from a lynching is useful to town because it reduces the chances of a mislynch. Since he hasn’t claimed anything so far this day, beyond misreading his PM and that he’s linked to Persus, I very much doubt whatever he did during the night was as useful as a guaranteed sane inspect that could eliminate players from our lynch pool, or eliminate scum from the game.

In short, he claims to have trusted Tric’s claim of a guaranteed sane alignment inspect enough to use a 1-shot kill on D1, but is unwilling to draw attention away from Tric by claiming said kill on D1 because he wanted to use his own powers in the night, which are probably not as powerful as a guaranteed sane alignment inspect, since the only thing he has claimed so far today is that he can’t read his role PM.

Consequently, I believe his kill claim to be a fake. It is a good fakeclaim because it is difficult to disprove, and he has shown he is willing to use his apparently “confirmed” kill of a mafia player as evidence he can’t be scum.

Any questions, anyone? I think the case makes sense and I hope I’ve expressed it well, at least in the preceding two paragraphs, but I’m the one making it, so... yeah. Questions?

Note: if anyone can prove NQT made the kill, my case doesn’t make sense and NQT can’t be scum, unless there’s more than one team, which I think is unlikely. He could feasibly be third party in that case, but Nirur flipped SK, and I’m not sure quite how unbalanced Shakerag wold be inclined to make the game...

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 26, 2019, 11:19:49 am »

if I assume Kit tells the truth of his Watch result, Mafia didn't even target me last night. Had NQT actually claimed day 1 that they killed them and used that to move the game along in scumhunting, that would be a town move. It would also draw fire away from me as well.

My main question is why no-one else targeted me. It doesn't make much sense.

Beyond that, why are we going to have Dues and Persus just lynch someone with only two votes? Is anyone on who can turn it to a 3 vote on NQT?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 26, 2019, 11:22:52 am »

Hector, it's confirmed I killed a mafia player: Max was mafia and he's definitely dead and no one has counterclaimed. It's not in dispute except by you.

Why is killing a confirmed scum a waste of a kill??? It allowed players to use the rest of the day for productive scum hunting. As it happened I didn't think NT was mafia (and they weren't) but fortunately they were a SK and the day led two anti-town players being killed. That's an objectively good outcome from my daykill. What would have been a waste is holding on to it and then dying in the night, or using it on someone I had an incorrect hunch about and ending up with a dead townie. It seems like you're annoyed that I played differently to how you would played it.

TricMagic, I trust your perspective in this game more than anyone else's (after the Max thing)-- what do you think of Hector's line of attack? Was it scummy to daykill Max?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 43