Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 43

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - Game over, SK team wins  (Read 76404 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D2
« Reply #315 on: May 24, 2019, 05:04:40 pm »

I also meant to say I think it's unlikely that there was any outside interference in Tric and Kit's role changes, at least from the information they put in the game.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 24, 2019, 05:10:22 pm »

RGU:
If Maximum Spin was an amnesiac Mafioso, then wouldn't that mean that he didn't have access to the scum chat? While he was aware he was part of the scum, it doesn't mean the scum was aware he was also on their scum team.
If Maximum Spin was an amnesiac Mafioso and not a part of the scum team then that would mean that he did not have access to the scum chat. It would also mean that he would flip and inspect as town. Maximum Spin did not flip or inspect as town, he flipped as scum and inspected as scum. That means that he was on the scum team, which means that he did have access to the scum chat, which means the scum team should have been perfectly aware that he was on their team.

To be honest, the most likely reason I can think of for you arguing this so much is that you are in a scum chat and didn't see a message about Spin being on your team.

Kit: Can you answer the question that I asked you?
RGU:
I think you misunderstood what Shakerag said. I believe Macimum Spin started as scum, but was locked out of the mafiachat because of the amnesia, and thus his scum team didn't know he was scum and got him lynched.
And that's wrong. If Max was still an amnesiac, he wouldn't have flipped as scum, and if he was a mafioso, he would have had access to the scum chat.
Shakerag: If an amnesiac mafioso activates, does he gain access to the scumchat?
Yes.
Why do you care about this so much? Also, Max didn't even get lynched.

This is actually extremely infuriating to answer to, because you're both using assumptions I made based on what the mod said against me, even quoting the very same things I did, and I just can't see how could that make me scum or town if I wasn't even present when the lynch happened. Literally the only reason I'm arguing this is because Superdorf keeps pressuring me into explaining why I unvoted him, which is ridiculous by itself because if he's right about Maximum Spin then he's also even more scummy than before and I'll have to vote him again. Nothing of this makes sense to me and at this point we all should be asking the mod instead.

Shakerag: Can a player who began the game with the mafia alignment be absent from the scum chat? Does a player who started with an amnesiac Mafioso role know that they are mafia? If there is a player with an amnesiac Mafioso role, does the scum know they are? Was Macimum Spin cured of ammnesia at the start of Day 1? Would an amnesiac Mafioso flip as town or scum?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 24, 2019, 05:19:25 pm »

Shakerag: Can a player who began the game with the mafia alignment be absent from the scum chat?
Does a player who started with an amnesiac Mafioso role know that they are mafia?
If there is a player with an amnesiac Mafioso role, does the scum know they are?
Was Macimum Spin cured of ammnesia at the start of Day 1?
Would an amnesiac Mafioso flip as town or scum?
-A player who begins the game with a Mafia alignment will be in a scum chat.
-They are not aware they could become Mafia.
-No.
-No, as evidenced by his roleflip.
-If the amnesia wasn't cured, they would flip as their current alignment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 24, 2019, 05:21:01 pm »

So he was scum and scum knew it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 24, 2019, 05:23:42 pm »

randomgenericusername: I'll admit poking you for not poking me was maybe kinda stupid on my part. On the other hand, it's certainly got your hackles up. :D
Why is it important that you weren't present for the lynch?

hector13: You were quite upset over Tric's constantly misunderstanding you D1, but didn't put your vote behind your words against him. Do you believe Tric to be scum, or do you just find him that unpleasant to interact with?

PPE: Wait wait wait, Max wasn't cured of amnesia at game's start? I'm... so confused...
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 24, 2019, 05:25:45 pm »

I am just going to ask why NQT isn't participating in this at the moment.

Nin.

Superdorf, he had his vote on IcyTea early on. And yes, Max was cured of amnesia, otherwise, my nosiness wouldn't have pegged him as mafia.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 24, 2019, 05:26:09 pm »

Aha!
Shakerag: Is it possible for someone to be an Amnesiac Mafia Role and still be Mafia at the start of the game?
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 24, 2019, 05:30:39 pm »

Queued day actions have been processed.

Day will end Thursday May 23rd, 1:30 PM Central Time.  Weekends don't count.

Vote Count
------------------------
(0)Superdorf -
(1)TricMagic - Superdorf
(1)IcyTea31 - hector13
(0)Nirur Torir -
(0)Persus13 -
(1)hector13 - TricMagic
(3)Maximum Spin - notquitethere, Deus Asmoth, Nirur Torir
(0)KitRougard -
(0)kingawsume -
(0)randomgenericusername -
(0)Deus Asmoth -
(1)notquitethere - Maximum Spin
(0)No Lynch -

Not Voting - IcyTea31, Persus13, KitRougard, kingawsume, randomgenericusername

Please let me know if the votecount seems inaccurate.

This was the final vote count prior to Max Spin and IcyTea dying.

NQT claimed to kill Max Spin.

NQT: why wait for so long to kill Max Spin if you were happy to have him hammered when Tric revealed their result?

PPE:

Superdorf: Tric is unpleasant to interact with. His erratic play so far is mostly indicative of Tric, but I'm willing to consider it as scummy. Unfortunately, I don't know if I'm thinking of him as scummy because I don't like interacting with him, or because of the specifics of his erratic play (see: Kit's town, but let's kill Kit)

Also, MaxSpin's amnesia wasn't cured, but he flipped mafia, so he was mafia at the start of the game, pending the answer to Kit's question.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 24, 2019, 05:42:57 pm »

Aha!
Shakerag: Is it possible for someone to be an Amnesiac Mafia Role and still be Mafia at the start of the game?
Yes.  (Took you guys long enough to figure that out)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 24, 2019, 05:48:20 pm »

Oh. OH.

Thank you.

klonk
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 24, 2019, 05:48:48 pm »

Eh, to be fair, NQT seems most likely scum just now.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 24, 2019, 05:49:48 pm »

Proof for Mystery Green Goo: Mystery Mad Monk was a flip, and I dont remember a Mystery Mad Monk in The Big List
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 24, 2019, 06:10:09 pm »

It’s there.

Do you have your original role pm available? Does it say secret something?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 24, 2019, 06:22:43 pm »

I am just going to ask why NQT isn't participating in this at the moment.

Nin.

Superdorf, he had his vote on IcyTea early on. And yes, Max was cured of amnesia, otherwise, my nosiness wouldn't have pegged him as mafia.
Shakerag literally just stated Max's amnesia hadn't been cured. Also, why do you think NQT isn't participating right now.

RGU:
If Maximum Spin was an amnesiac Mafioso, then wouldn't that mean that he didn't have access to the scum chat? While he was aware he was part of the scum, it doesn't mean the scum was aware he was also on their scum team.
If Maximum Spin was an amnesiac Mafioso and not a part of the scum team then that would mean that he did not have access to the scum chat. It would also mean that he would flip and inspect as town. Maximum Spin did not flip or inspect as town, he flipped as scum and inspected as scum. That means that he was on the scum team, which means that he did have access to the scum chat, which means the scum team should have been perfectly aware that he was on their team.

To be honest, the most likely reason I can think of for you arguing this so much is that you are in a scum chat and didn't see a message about Spin being on your team.

Kit: Can you answer the question that I asked you?
RGU:
I think you misunderstood what Shakerag said. I believe Macimum Spin started as scum, but was locked out of the mafiachat because of the amnesia, and thus his scum team didn't know he was scum and got him lynched.
And that's wrong. If Max was still an amnesiac, he wouldn't have flipped as scum, and if he was a mafioso, he would have had access to the scum chat.
Shakerag: If an amnesiac mafioso activates, does he gain access to the scumchat?
Yes.
Why do you care about this so much? Also, Max didn't even get lynched.

This is actually extremely infuriating to answer to, because you're both using assumptions I made based on what the mod said against me, even quoting the very same things I did, and I just can't see how could that make me scum or town if I wasn't even present when the lynch happened. Literally the only reason I'm arguing this is because Superdorf keeps pressuring me into explaining why I unvoted him, which is ridiculous by itself because if he's right about Maximum Spin then he's also even more scummy than before and I'll have to vote him again. Nothing of this makes sense to me and at this point we all should be asking the mod instead.

Shakerag: Can a player who began the game with the mafia alignment be absent from the scum chat? Does a player who started with an amnesiac Mafioso role know that they are mafia? If there is a player with an amnesiac Mafioso role, does the scum know they are? Was Macimum Spin cured of ammnesia at the start of Day 1? Would an amnesiac Mafioso flip as town or scum?
Well its also infuriating for me because you've continued to do nothing except argue some of your own assumptions, which are incorrect based on a bunch of information that is readily available in this thread. Half your mod questions were asked already, and this whole line of questioning has no point and is just filler that detracts from actual scumhunting, which I have yet to see you do any.

Aha!
Yes.  (Took you guys long enough to figure that out)
I've been low-key arguing that this was the most likely scenario since it happened, for the record.

Proof for Mystery Green Goo: Mystery Mad Monk was a flip, and I dont remember a Mystery Mad Monk in The Big List
Okay. NQT, please daykill Kit (but not really, cause then we lose our daykill). Not only is there a Mystery Mad Monk on the big list, which you could easily find out if you use this nice web browser function called Control F (or Command F). But Mystery Green Goo IS NOT A POSSIBLE ROLE in the set up.

Eh, to be fair, NQT seems most likely scum just now.
So explain why he would daykill a Mafia member or fakeclaim doing so?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 24, 2019, 06:31:52 pm »

Mystery Green Goo IS NOT A POSSIBLE ROLE in the set up.

Wait what? Sure it is.

Quote from: Xylbot role list
"Secret Green Goo (town; super-rare; 4+ players): You don't know what your role does. Whenever a player targets you with an action, they will become green goo themselves.

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 43