Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 43

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - Game over, SK team wins  (Read 76394 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D2
« Reply #300 on: May 24, 2019, 04:22:59 pm »

Kit
Kit, Did you have the Green Goo ability when the night started and then lost all your other abilities at the end of the night, or did you gain the goo ability at the end of the night?
Why was it any harder for you to find this than it was for me?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 24, 2019, 04:29:08 pm »

*aggravated sigh*
How do I explain...
I never said my Alignment changed.
I am Town since the start of the game.
I thought that becoming Green Goo meant an alignment shift to Town because Alignment: Town and Wincon: Kill All Anti-Town were specified.
If it was, then it's good to make it clear, because...
To properly take Green Goo, the Scum must not use any abilities. If they are found acting and claim Goo, then they are lying and get Lynched.

And Deus, No, I turned into a Green Goo last night... I *probably* did not have green goo before.
And I'm lazy.

Now why Probably?
Because to answer Hector... I was a Secret <something>.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 24, 2019, 04:31:39 pm »

Secret Green Goo is a possible role in the set up, which is why I was asking (not Hector). So its entirely possible you had Green Goo hidden in your role before.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 24, 2019, 04:38:19 pm »

Secret Green Goo is a possible role in the set up, which is why I was asking (not Hector). So its entirely possible you had Green Goo hidden in your role before.

I mean, we could just hand everything to him or we could ask him questions and figure it out, but whatever.

And I was doing my "RISE ABOVE THE TIDES, FELLOW GOOS" bit because I thought it was a band of obvious Town, a clump of viable trust in a sea of wine and confusion and murder.

Yeahh, that doesn't work. Even if green goo *did* change alignment-- which it doesn't-- scum could just lie about their gooiness if they wanted to. We'd still be in the dark, and scum would have valuable role information.

Thoughts on the game so far? You were thinking Kit and I were scum at the end of the day yesterday.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 24, 2019, 04:38:53 pm »

GM has ultimate ability to spike in roles. I know I might add in a Secret Green Goo to a rotation like this.

But it is impossible for me to have been Green Goo, because having a Green Goo tucked in my role would have protected me from going Goo, and thus losing my other nest abilities.

I'm still salty.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 24, 2019, 04:40:39 pm »

Guys, I told you about assumptions already.

Shakerag: If a person with green goo, secret or otherwise, is in some manner redirected to targeting themselves, would they turn to green goo?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 24, 2019, 04:43:18 pm »

Guys, I told you about assumptions already.

Shakerag: If a person with green goo, secret or otherwise, is in some manner redirected to targeting themselves, would they turn to green goo?
Yes.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 24, 2019, 04:44:13 pm »

I mean, we could just hand everything to him or we could ask him questions and figure it out, but whatever.
Yes, because clearly that was going so well before.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 24, 2019, 04:44:36 pm »

Right, at this point, I think maybe Kit is town. Which means...

Hecotr13. You seem to be doing the same thing as yesterday.

At the moment, either kit is just kit, or he's lying about being/having been watchmen. There are two ways to deal with this. Either Lynch Him, and find out, or someone kill either hector or kit. NQT, mind doing so?

Nin. Either way, it's a pretty easy way to solve it, after which we can actually get hunting.

Nin2.

Nin3

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 24, 2019, 04:47:51 pm »

Thoughts on the game so far? You were thinking Kit and I were scum at the end of the day yesterday.

I'm rather happier with KitRougard now. He's active, and though he's a bit muddle-headed now and again heaven knows I am too.

As for you... well, Nirur flipped SK not mafia, so I need to read your stuff again to get a proper read on you. Among other things, I need to go try and make some sense of that spat between you and Tric.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 24, 2019, 04:49:59 pm »

I would tie in that IcyTea also seemed to have picked up on it. Be aggressive!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 24, 2019, 04:52:53 pm »

It was until you handed him the answers to the questions I was going to ask him, making it harder for at least me to figure out if he was telling the truth or not.

I guess it doesn't matter, what you were saying about him being incompetent enough to announce an alignment change in thread makes sense.

PPE:

I'm rather happier with KitRougard now. He's active, and though he's a bit muddle-headed now and again heaven knows I am too.

As for you... well, Nirur flipped SK not mafia, so I need to read your stuff again to get a proper read on you. Among other things, I need to go try and make some sense of that spat between you and Tric.

There is no sense to be made there, but do let me know if you figure it out.

PPE2: he seems to think me asking questions to ascertain someone's trustworthiness is a scumtell, for example.

I do think there was probably scum on that Nirur wagon, though.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 24, 2019, 04:55:58 pm »

Tric: Was becoming Green Goo your only role change? Obviously, you don't have to answer this if you don't want to reveal more role info.

It was until you handed him the answers to the questions I was going to ask him, making it harder for at least me to figure out if he was telling the truth or not.

I guess it doesn't matter, what you were saying about him being incompetent enough to announce an alignment change in thread makes sense.
It was also a line of questioning I was following. Which that was the conclusion. Its entirely possible both of them got hit with role changing abilities like a Mad Scientist or something though.

I do think there was probably scum on that Nirur wagon, though.
Agreed here. There were two many votes for there not to be at least one.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 24, 2019, 04:57:16 pm »

EWOP: too many, not two many in that last sentence there.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 24, 2019, 05:02:20 pm »

He also seems to think killing me will help us figure out if Kit is lying?

He also said he thinks Kit is town but that killing him is a good idea, both ideas espoused in the same post.

PPE: 'bout Tric.

Persus

Tric: Was becoming Green Goo your only role change? Obviously, you don't have to answer this if you don't want to reveal more role info.

It was also a line of questioning I was following. Which that was the conclusion. Its entirely possible both of them got hit with role changing abilities like a Mad Scientist or something though.

We don't need to lead him to the conclusion though :p

I mean I mentioned earlier that he could've been a secret green goo, but allowing him to tell us the information he had would've been more useful to figure out if he was truthin' or not. Probably...

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 43