Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 43

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - Game over, SK team wins  (Read 76374 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D2
« Reply #285 on: May 24, 2019, 03:40:11 pm »

You say you are mostly a power player, but you can't actually determine power interaction? What other people did your report tell you about?

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 24, 2019, 03:49:41 pm »

Ok, Tric, who the rainbow f*** are you talking to? You just quoted yourself like 3 times then acted like one of those quotes was Hector

What
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 24, 2019, 03:55:13 pm »

Ok, Tric, who the rainbow f*** are you talking to? You just quoted yourself like 3 times then acted like one of those quotes was Hector

What

8)

Trashy phrasing and nothing more! I was using THOSE words at the time because I was trying to pull any other Green Goos out of their shells. The conversation was me explaining how even though I was ALREADY town, it was respecified that I was Town.

Why would you like the green goos to come out of their shells?

Put another way, why would you like the people who have no powers to announce themselves in the thread so the scum know who can't bother them in the night?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D1 First Blood!
« Reply #288 on: May 24, 2019, 03:56:54 pm »

RGU:
If Maximum Spin was an amnesiac Mafioso, then wouldn't that mean that he didn't have access to the scum chat? While he was aware he was part of the scum, it doesn't mean the scum was aware he was also on their scum team.
If Maximum Spin was an amnesiac Mafioso and not a part of the scum team then that would mean that he did not have access to the scum chat. It would also mean that he would flip and inspect as town. Maximum Spin did not flip or inspect as town, he flipped as scum and inspected as scum. That means that he was on the scum team, which means that he did have access to the scum chat, which means the scum team should have been perfectly aware that he was on their team.

To be honest, the most likely reason I can think of for you arguing this so much is that you are in a scum chat and didn't see a message about Spin being on your team.

Kit: Can you answer the question that I asked you?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 24, 2019, 04:02:31 pm »

RGU:
I think you misunderstood what Shakerag said. I believe Macimum Spin started as scum, but was locked out of the mafiachat because of the amnesia, and thus his scum team didn't know he was scum and got him lynched.
And that's wrong. If Max was still an amnesiac, he wouldn't have flipped as scum, and if he was a mafioso, he would have had access to the scum chat.
Shakerag: If an amnesiac mafioso activates, does he gain access to the scumchat?
Yes.
Why do you care about this so much? Also, Max didn't even get lynched.

TricMagic:
Dues Asmoth, why do you misrepresent what went on? Do you have something that contradicts us?
To answer you, Mimicry. I mimic you, reversing targets. So you ended up targeting yourself. Likewise, any who targetted me last night got gooed, like any killer/protective rolls.

At least I hope I was targeted by killers.

Did you even bother to read before posting? I'm the Mimic, Kit is the Goo/Night Watchmen...

Something sounds off with that..
I also threw out the possibility about there being another party involved, for the record.
Did you learn nothing from yesterday? Its really hard to tell when you're actually claiming something and when you're just wondering stuff out loud. Trying to understand a conversation between you and Kit is almost impossible.

Hector13
I'm guessing the specification of alignment means that being Green Goo comes with being Town as a bonus.
That bolded part does rather imply that you weren't town prior to being goo.
If Kit was town now, they should say it, because that's important information. However, I doubt Kit is incompetent enough to fail to notice that his alignment hadn't changed before claiming it. Although, that line of argument failed Leafsnail last game. At any rate that line was stated when Kit seemed to think we could win by turning everyone into Goo.

NQT

BTW I was the one who shot Maximum Spin. I didn't want to catch a mafia bullet when the mafia still had a chance of killing 3rd parties for us, but since we killed two scum at the end of the day and things are looking good, it seems fine to claim now.

Persus thinks you're the mechanics guy, and you know your way around the game of mafia, so when you miss something as glaring as a death miller, as well as the little bits that Kit just dropped, it does tend to make me a little more suspicious. Burden of proficiency and all that.

You harped on all day yesterday about having something to reveal about Persus this day, perhaps you'd like to enlighten us?

Persus

You said NQT was the mechanics guy, what are your thoughts on the above?
Joke version: I said NQT was the mechanics guy, not that he was good at it.
More seriously: I'm not surprised NQT missed a death miller, because I missed it initially too. I only think I noticed that part way through the night. As for the little bits that Kit just dropped, I don't think any of it is as useful as you seem to believe.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 24, 2019, 04:03:47 pm »

What
If you used quotes I might have a better idea of what you're talking about.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 24, 2019, 04:07:28 pm »

I use Mimicry on Kit, therefore ensuring whoever target us targeted the other instead. This turned me to Green Goo. Kit then says he used Night Watchman on me, which redirected to himself. His report was that I visited him, which I did.

But what of the others who would have targeted me? Where are they in this report, they would have been redirected to Kit, and shown up, wouldn't they?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 24, 2019, 04:09:25 pm »

I use Mimicry on Kit, therefore ensuring whoever target us targeted the other instead. This turned me to Green Goo. Kit then says he used Night Watchman on me, which redirected to himself. His report was that I visited him, which I did.

But what of the others who would have targeted me? Where are they in this report, they would have been redirected to Kit, and shown up, wouldn't they?
Why are you assuming others targeted you?
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 24, 2019, 04:10:34 pm »

Also, for confirmation purposes:
Shakerag: Would a death miller ability work even if the player in question was modkilled?
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 24, 2019, 04:10:45 pm »

Hector13
I'm guessing the specification of alignment means that being Green Goo comes with being Town as a bonus.
That bolded part does rather imply that you weren't town prior to being goo.
If Kit was town now, they should say it, because that's important information. However, I doubt Kit is incompetent enough to fail to notice that his alignment hadn't changed before claiming it. Although, that line of argument failed Leafsnail last game. At any rate that line was stated when Kit seemed to think we could win by turning everyone into Goo.

No it wasn't.

The part I highlighted was made about an hour before he appeared to consider making everyone town via green goo.

Even then, why is he thinking green goo changes alignment if his alignment didn't change?

PPE:

*pinches bridge of nose*

... "thus nobody targeted me"
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 24, 2019, 04:14:44 pm »

To answer you, Mimicry. I mimic you, reversing targets. So you ended up targeting yourself. Likewise, any who targetted me last night got gooed, like any killer/protective rolls.

At least I hope I was targeted by killers.

Did you even bother to read before posting? I'm the Mimic, Kit is the Goo/Night Watchmen...

Something sounds off with that..

Still Hector? Tell me what Mimicry does.

This. What is it.

And I was doing my "RISE ABOVE THE TIDES, FELLOW GOOS" bit because I thought it was a band of obvious Town, a clump of viable trust in a sea of wine and confusion and murder.

And what was the question again?

Ninja Edit: Because Night PM specified that my alignment was town, even though I was already town. Why not just say my alignment was the same, then?
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 24, 2019, 04:15:18 pm »

Also, for confirmation purposes:
Shakerag: Would a death miller ability work even if the player in question was modkilled?
Yes.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 24, 2019, 04:19:01 pm »

No it wasn't.

The part I highlighted was made about an hour before he appeared to consider making everyone town via green goo.

Even then, why is he thinking green goo changes alignment if his alignment didn't change?
Yeah, but clearly that's where his line of thinking was headed. If anything your arguments are making it clear how bizarre it would be for Kit to be scum right now.

Kit: 1. What was your alignment before N1? 2. You said you had a role quality that was "Unknown". What was the specific word used? Don't quote your PMs, just say the word.
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 24, 2019, 04:19:38 pm »

And I was doing my "RISE ABOVE THE TIDES, FELLOW GOOS" bit because I thought it was a band of obvious Town, a clump of viable trust in a sea of wine and confusion and murder.

Yeahh, that doesn't work. Even if green goo *did* change alignment-- which it doesn't-- scum could just lie about their gooiness if they wanted to. We'd still be in the dark, and scum would have valuable role information.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 24, 2019, 04:20:03 pm »

Ninja Edit: Because Night PM specified that my alignment was town, even though I was already town. Why not just say my alignment was the same, then?

If your alignment was the same, why did you mention it at all?

Why link the change of your role to a change of alignment if there was no change in your alignment?

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 43