Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 43

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - Game over, SK team wins  (Read 76345 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D2
« Reply #270 on: May 24, 2019, 02:10:34 pm »

Shakerag: Would a town player with Amnesiac Mafioso switch alignments once they recovered their memory?
Yes.

Shakerag: How inactive does somebody have to be to merit a replacement?
You know, I don't really have a rule for that either ... let's go with 48 hours and you get modkilled.  Ain't nobody got time to wait around for replacements.
Shakerag: do mafia know if there's an amnesiac mafioso in the game, and who it is?
If the player's starting role is anything but Mafia then no, not until the amnesia is cured.
Shakerag: If an amnesiac mafioso hadn't remembered who they were yet, would they inspect as mafia or town? Also, did the trigger to remember happen at the start of D1?
Amnesia has a 1 in 3 chance to be cured when each day starts.

Assuming everything was successful, and there were no other abilities to interfere with the inspection, and said person hadn't changed alignments since the game started, they would inspect as whatever alignment they started the game as.

I think you misunderstood what Shakerag said. I believe Macimum Spin started as scum, but was locked out of the mafiachat because of the amnesia, and thus his scum team didn't know he was scum and got him lynched.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 24, 2019, 02:12:38 pm »

NQT:
Deus, interesting theory- what kind of role would allow me to know that?
I have no idea. I'm just hoping for the long awaited reveal that was promised to us.

Also it's not guaranteed that kingawsume was scum since he had a death miller ability.

Tric:
Dues Asmoth, why do you misrepresent what went on? Do you have something that contradicts us?
As near as I can tell I haven't contradicted you about anything. I have pointed out that from what I can see Kit's idea that someone else used an action to turn you into goo since no role lists that as an ability. I did miss that you'd indirectly claimed being the original green goo.

RGU:
I think you misunderstood what Shakerag said. I believe Macimum Spin started as scum, but was locked out of the mafiachat because of the amnesia, and thus his scum team didn't know he was scum and got him lynched.
What reason do you have to think that?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 24, 2019, 02:24:44 pm »

To answer you, Mimicry. I mimic you, reversing targets. So you ended up targeting yourself. Likewise, any who targetted me last night got gooed, like any killer/protective rolls.

At least I hope I was targeted by killers.

Did you even bother to read before posting? I'm the Mimic, Kit is the Goo/Night Watchmen...

Something sounds off with that..

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 24, 2019, 02:26:29 pm »

Shakerag, If the below ability was used on me while mimicry was active on a Green Goo, would they still receive a report on who visited?

Night Watchman (town; uncommon; 4+ players): You can patrol near a player to learn who targets that player with a night action. Actions: patrol

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 24, 2019, 02:29:10 pm »

"Some kinda Mafia Role"
refers to having a role that can potentially be Mafia. Many roles have multiple ways they can land in the scheme of things.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 24, 2019, 02:30:00 pm »

Shakerag, If the below ability was used on me while mimicry was active on a Green Goo, would they still receive a report on who visited?

Night Watchman (town; uncommon; 4+ players): You can patrol near a player to learn who targets that player with a night action. Actions: patrol
Not 100% on your scenario setup, but in general a patrol action would resolve before any goo triggers.  Does that clarify things?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 24, 2019, 02:32:08 pm »

I was refering to Superdorf, since he was for some reason insisting that it was possible that scum did knew that Maximum Spin was in their side and that his amnesia was cured at the start of the game, which I find weird since that was the base of the case I attempted to build against him during Day 1, as he was one of those who were reluctant to lynch him and, since Maximum Spin flipped scum, would probably mean that Superdorf was trying to avoid getting his scumbuddy lynched. I'm not saying he wasn't or was cured of being amnesiac, I'm saying that's exactly why I said it was WIFOM. If he was cured, then scum did know he was on their side and could have tried to defend him. If he wasn't cured, scum might have been the first ones to vote him. Or maybe scum did know he was on their side, and decided to bus him instead of doing anything. Or maybe they didn't knew, but still found suspicious that TricMagic had a scum report as a Nosy Neighbor, which can't be paranoid.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 24, 2019, 02:46:32 pm »

Well, if I were Scum, then I would feel the need to take some aspect of my role. I might have left off the important "Night Watchman" yesterday, or...

Ok, real quick, I didn't use my *Unknown* on Tric, which is presumably what Green Goo'd us. Action Controller Confirmed. That, or someone outside is throwing Goo.

But then I used Night Watchman and got TricMagic, Myself.

Did they target me..?

ANYWAYS.

...or said that I can do something like Night Cop or something. If that came false, claim "must be a Paranoid Cop, darn" and move on.

You only got me as your result, by targeting me. Roles can't visit themselves. But any others would have also redirected to you. Is that the only person who targeted me last night? Since everything that targets me would redirect to you. Do redirected actions set off the watch?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 24, 2019, 02:46:54 pm »

Kit, Did you have the Green Goo ability when the night started and then lost all your other abilities at the end of the night, or did you gain the goo ability at the end of the night?

RGU: I don't get why you keep bringing up the idea that there's a possibility that scum didn't know that Spin was on their team. Regardless of his starting position they would have known that he was on their team.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 24, 2019, 03:03:48 pm »

There's a lot going on here, most bemusing of which the players I think are vets glossing over these tidbits from Kit.

Kit-erino

Actually, it is... from the PM, it says, well, exact quotes are killable, aren't they? But anyways...

You are now

green goo

Town
Win-con: Kill All Anti-Town

You have no abilities

I'm guessing the specification of alignment means that being Green Goo comes with being Town as a bonus.

That bolded part does rather imply that you weren't town prior to being goo.

Ok, real quick, I didn't use my *Unknown* on Tric, which is presumably what Green Goo'd us. Action Controller Confirmed. That, or someone outside is throwing Goo.

But then I used Night Watchman and got TricMagic, Myself.

Did they target me..?

No, Night Watchman tells you who targeted your target. You targeted your target, and so did Tric. Did you use it on yourself? Because otherwise Tric is lying about targeting you. Equally so, you probably wouldn't have been turned to green goo, unless you were able to turn people to green goo at the start.

I don't want to talk to Tric so someone else can ask him why he's lying.

NQT

BTW I was the one who shot Maximum Spin. I didn't want to catch a mafia bullet when the mafia still had a chance of killing 3rd parties for us, but since we killed two scum at the end of the day and things are looking good, it seems fine to claim now.

Persus thinks you're the mechanics guy, and you know your way around the game of mafia, so when you miss something as glaring as a death miller, as well as the little bits that Kit just dropped, it does tend to make me a little more suspicious. Burden of proficiency and all that.

You harped on all day yesterday about having something to reveal about Persus this day, perhaps you'd like to enlighten us?

Persus

You said NQT was the mechanics guy, what are your thoughts on the above?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 24, 2019, 03:05:43 pm »

To answer you, Mimicry. I mimic you, reversing targets. So you ended up targeting yourself. Likewise, any who targetted me last night got gooed, like any killer/protective rolls.

At least I hope I was targeted by killers.

Did you even bother to read before posting? I'm the Mimic, Kit is the Goo/Night Watchmen...

Something sounds off with that..

Still Hector? Tell me what Mimicry does.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 24, 2019, 03:12:45 pm »

Eh, I s'pose.

Shakiest of Rags, if player A used Night Watchman on player B, would player A appear in the list of results they receive on players that targeted player B with a night action?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D1 First Blood!
« Reply #282 on: May 24, 2019, 03:19:54 pm »

RGU: I don't get why you keep bringing up the idea that there's a possibility that scum didn't know that Spin was on their team. Regardless of his starting position they would have known that he was on their team.

Shakerag
I am down to here in the list... Shakerag, would Nosy Neighbor tell the user they were mafia even if they didn't remember it? Unlikely, but it is the first so far that would mean something at all. Millers don't count to nosy neighbors, as we aren't cops.
Is it possible for a player to start a game not knowing their alignment?
No.
Shakerag: do mafia know if there's an amnesiac mafioso in the game, and who it is?
If the player's starting role is anything but Mafia then no, not until the amnesia is cured.

If Maximum Spin was an amnesiac Mafioso, then wouldn't that mean that he didn't have access to the scum chat? While he was aware he was part of the scum, it doesn't mean the scum was aware he was also on their scum team.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 24, 2019, 03:25:19 pm »

Eh, I s'pose.

Shakiest of Rags, if player A used Night Watchman on player B, would player A appear in the list of results they receive on players that targeted player B with a night action?
Yes.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 24, 2019, 03:36:20 pm »

Trashy phrasing and nothing more! I was using THOSE words at the time because I was trying to pull any other Green Goos out of their shells. The conversation was me explaining how even though I was ALREADY town, it was respecified that I was Town.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 43