Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 43

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - Game over, SK team wins  (Read 76195 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D1 First Blood!
« Reply #180 on: May 22, 2019, 05:07:32 pm »

Nirur:
He's playing this casual, for good reasons, so I plan to be giving him the benefit of the doubt on his wording unless it's something particularly egrarious.
In this case, it's a brief reads list. I'm reading it as he doesn't think we're mafia based on what's happened so far, not that we're confirmed not mafia.

RGU does not get the same benefit of the doubt from me, and the way I read his post felt less like a reads list and more of a narrative spinning exercise.

What you're saying here doesn't pass muster. RGU's post said he doubted people were scum based on their behaviour. That's the same meaning that you've ascribed to NQT's post. For some reason it's scummy when RGU actually says that and not when you assume that's what NQT meant?

Kit:
*appears so he doesn't get mod-smited*
Howdy. I'm town I swear. Good lynches, folks.
*disappears*

I don't normally go for policy lynches, but do you plan to contribute to the game at any point? Are you a jester?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 22, 2019, 05:09:17 pm »

A'ight.

Shakes: Would the role Nosy Neighbour be subject to various sanities in this game? (insane, paranoid, whatever the random one is etc.)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 22, 2019, 05:10:45 pm »

Just for clarity's sake, and I'll make note in the first post, anything in <angle brackets> on a flip was information hidden from the player.

Shakes: Would the role Nosy Neighbour be subject to various sanities in this game? (insane, paranoid, whatever the random one is etc.)
Only if there is an insane/paranoid/etc Nosy Neighbour role in the Xylbot list.  Or a role that would affect inspect inspections across the board (which I'm not sure if there is).

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 22, 2019, 05:16:02 pm »

Hm. So Max's amnesia most likely did indeed activate at the start of the Day, and Tric's inspection was sound. Lovely.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 22, 2019, 05:20:21 pm »

I concur. Might've just been that he was scum all along, but I guess that doesn't matter.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 22, 2019, 05:51:16 pm »

Hm. So Max's amnesia most likely did indeed activate at the start of the Day, and Tric's inspection was sound. Lovely.
Shakerag literally just said that information in brackets was hidden form the player, and Mafioso in Amnesiac Mafioso was in brackets. So I don't think that he was just scum all along.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 22, 2019, 05:52:19 pm »

Shakerag literally just said that information in brackets was hidden form the player, and Mafioso in Amnesiac Mafioso was in brackets. So I don't think that he was just scum all along.
EBWOP: This last sentence should say: I don't think that he activated D1 and he was just scum all along.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 22, 2019, 05:53:44 pm »

Nirur:
He's playing this casual, for good reasons, so I plan to be giving him the benefit of the doubt on his wording unless it's something particularly egrarious.
In this case, it's a brief reads list. I'm reading it as he doesn't think we're mafia based on what's happened so far, not that we're confirmed not mafia.

RGU does not get the same benefit of the doubt from me, and the way I read his post felt less like a reads list and more of a narrative spinning exercise.

What you're saying here doesn't pass muster. RGU's post said he doubted people were scum based on their behaviour. That's the same meaning that you've ascribed to NQT's post. For some reason it's scummy when RGU actually says that and not when you assume that's what NQT meant?
I suppose it's because RGU's post is more meandering, he claims they're confirmed town or probably town instead of NGU's "clear as non-mafia, though any could still be 3rd party." (And, yes, perhaps my vibe from the post is slightly tainted by whether or not they think I'm cleared. I'm human.)

For easy reference, here's the two posts in question, one of which bothers me more than the other.
This is exactly as fast as I like my games.

TricMagic, Deus Asmoth and Nirur Torir are clear as non-mafia, though any could still be 3rd party. I'm obviously a good guy.

This leaves...

Persus13 - who knows what he knows

Superdorf - scum for voting Tric
hector13 - probably also scum

KitRougard - ? ? ?
kingawsume ? ?
randomgenericusername ?

IcyTea obviously daykilled by Max.
Okay, so if I'm understanding this right, TricMagic claimed Nosy Neighbor and was confirmed town for getting a scum report on Maximum Spin, which was correct since he did flip as scum. notquitethere also was the first one to vote for him, so he's probably also part of the town and not mafia. Same with Deus Asmoth, I doubt scum would bus one of their members so early and quickly.

Between those that were against the Maximum Spin lynch were Nirur Torir and hector13, I think. Nirur Torir later voted for Maximum Spin too, and I completely agreed with hector13's arguments against TricMagic, so I can see it as him just getting "confused" by TricMagic's bizarre logic. (By the way, I think it's obvious that IcyTea was killed by Maximum Spin's daykill.)

Out of everyone, Superdorf just seems the most likely to be scum. I'll try to build a case against him later, since I don't really have much time currently. Did I miss anything else?
Emphasis mine because
Quote from: Hector
RGU's post said he doubted people were scum based on their behaviour.
He said Tric was confirmed town, and that these other people were probably town.
This is different from what you just said. Are you being misrepresenting on purpose?

I'll go check the previous game. He should use the same formatting for whether someone dead had information revealed.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 22, 2019, 05:55:41 pm »

But he had to be scum all along. Even if his original role wasn't scum the Amnesiac would have had to trigger at the beginning of Day 1 for him to flip as mafia.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 22, 2019, 06:00:23 pm »

EBWOP: This last sentence should say: I don't think that he activated D1 and he was just scum all along.

In the previous game, they flipped with all initially hidden text in italics, even if it was known on death:
Weirdo's death in D2 showed the anmesiac role in italics.
Weirdo regained memories at the start of D2.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D1 Start!
« Reply #190 on: May 22, 2019, 06:09:35 pm »

Nirur: Don't try to move the goalposts, please.

Why not bus fellow scum after they've just been daycopped? Are you trying to direct a narrative to make someone seem like town, Randomgenericusername?

This is the reason you gave for voting RGU. Tric wasn't part of that then, and wasn't what I was asking you about.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 22, 2019, 06:34:30 pm »

Why not bus fellow scum after they've just been daycopped? Are you trying to direct a narrative to make someone seem like town, Randomgenericusername?

This is the reason you gave for voting RGU. Tric wasn't part of that then, and wasn't what I was asking you about.
Moving the goalposts? What?
His words about Tric are part of the post that I read like he was trying to directing the narrative towards certain people being town.
The words are part of the post that I felt was trying to direct the narrative.

Yes. Two people can say the same thing, in different ways, one of which reads as scummy.

WOW!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 22, 2019, 06:43:52 pm »

Would be hilarious if Max Spin didn't know he was scum, and he was all like "what, what are you talking about???" and only learned the truth after he died... but if that was true he would have NK'd Tric in revenge, not shot the most townie player IcyTea.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 22, 2019, 08:23:52 pm »

According to my PMs, I seem to have woken up dead. :(

So let me just say, IcyTea31: You and your 'pressure'! I chose my affect intentionally every step of the way. If you don't get why, that doesn't make it my problem!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 22, 2019, 08:37:32 pm »

Moving the goalposts? What?
His words about Tric are part of the post that I read like he was trying to directing the narrative towards certain people being town.
The words are part of the post that I felt was trying to direct the narrative.

Yes. Two people can say the same thing, in different ways, one of which reads as scummy.

WOW!
Stellar sarcasm, broseph. I'm in awe of your talents.

So your case on RGU and lack thereof on NQT rests on what you think they actually meant while saying the same thing, and also the fact that RGU didn't say he thought you were town while NQT did?

And his words on Tric weren't brought up by you when you voted for him, your only context to your claim that he was pushing a narrative about people being town was that he hadn't brought up the possibility that scum would bus Spin after he was investigated. You then bringing up Tric after I asked you about your reasoning as though I had misrepresented your argument is moving the goalposts.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 43