Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - Game over, SK team wins  (Read 76304 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - Cooking up roles
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2019, 04:51:46 pm »

I'm about as ok with Shakerag as I am with everyone else.
Not OK at all? Consumed by a seething hate hidden behind a façade of civility, further obfuscated by devil-may-care casualness?

Nirur, I didn't mean to imply two votes would hammer, I was inviting players to join in on a hammer.
Why do you think it would be smart to hammer on D1 before all players have posted, least of all the player to be lynched? If Spin is scum, who are his buddies? Tric claims to have mechanical knowledge of Spin's alignment; why do you believe him without question?

Maximum Spin: What alignment is TricMagic?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D1 Start!
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2019, 04:59:50 pm »

Well, this post makes me think of a question.

To Everyone. What are you game Plans this game. Obvious posts, lurking, focusing on Day Game, Focusing on Night Game? Let's hear it?
Well, I'm going for higher activity levels, but I think in practice that might result in shorter posts with greater frequency.

Nirur: given that we have someone claiming a scum result on someone, why not encourage people to vote for them?

IcyTea:
Simple, I used my power at the beginning of the day. I pry into their business, they learn my alignment, I learn theirs. And so I repeat.
So you're claiming Nosy Neighbor? Why do you lead with an outright claim of a powerful role before trying to earn some towncred and not cause instant WIFOM?
How long do you think he should have withheld his inspection result for?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - Cooking up roles
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2019, 05:00:20 pm »

I'm about as ok with Shakerag as I am with everyone else.
Not OK at all? Consumed by a seething hate hidden behind a façade of civility, further obfuscated by devil-may-care casualness?
Why did you just repeat what I said?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2019, 05:03:45 pm »

I guess I'm going to lay out my reasoning for my vote here: currently Spin is the best scum-lead. If he flips town after being lynched then we'll know that Tric's inspections can't be trusted, whether because he's scum or because his inspections are faulty. If Spin flips scum then I guess we'll know who any doctors should be protecting tonight.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2019, 05:10:38 pm »

Because Nosy Neighbor does that. Why exactly are you the one trying to discredit the result?

I'm trying to figure out the veracity of a D1 cop claim with a guilty result on someone who has been lynched D1 in his most recent game and the cheeky-meta around whom is that they're going to get lynched on D1 again, actually.

It makes no sense to target a consensus weaker player with an inspect, particularly in a power-heavy semi-bastard game such as this.

You ignored it before, but why not choose a veteran player to inspect, like me or IcyTea or Persus or NQT?

Why did you decide to use it as an inspect before anything had happened, as opposed to making a more educated guess a little later in the day?

PPE:

I guess I'm going to lay out my reasoning for my vote here: currently Spin is the best scum-lead. If he flips town after being lynched then we'll know that Tric's inspections can't be trusted, whether because he's scum or because his inspections are faulty. If Spin flips scum then I guess we'll know who any doctors should be protecting tonight.

It disturbs me you appear happy with this being the totality of D1.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2019, 05:14:16 pm »

Because I wished to know if they were town. If so, I'd know who not to vote for this day, and be able to lay low for the rest of it, hunting others. After which, I could spend an inspect Day 2 on one of you. That is my reasoning on my choice of MaxSpin.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2019, 05:22:48 pm »

Because I wished to know if they were town. [1]If so, I'd know who not to vote for this day, and be able to lay low for the rest of it, hunting others. [2]After which, I could spend an inspect Day 2 on one of you. That is my reasoning on my choice of MaxSpin.

[1]How can you lay low and hunt at the same time?

What would you lay low for?

How is revealing you have an inspect and a guilty result laying low?

[2]Why not spend an inspect on one of us on D1 if you were thinking about doing it later anyway?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2019, 05:25:30 pm »

It disturbs me you appear happy with this being the totality of D1.
Laying out the logic for me supporting a lynch candidate means that I don't want anything else to happen during the day?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2019, 05:26:36 pm »

Nirur: given that we have someone claiming a scum result on someone, why not encourage people to vote for them?
Everyone should bandwagon hammer a few hours into D1 based on Tric's say-so, this is defintiely the best possible result. Anyone throwing a vote onto the pile and advocating a hammer is unquestionable /sarcasm

Do you really want the first two days to be all about Tric?
I want your analysis on what could go wrong with this.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2019, 05:28:43 pm »

How long do you think he should have withheld his inspection result for?
As the final nail in Spin's coffin after a well-executed D1 that also reveals his scumbuddies trying to defend him.

And what on D2, especially if Tric doesn't survive the night? What would you do then, that you can't do now?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2019, 05:31:06 pm »

hector
Because I wished to know if they were town. [1]If so, I'd know who not to vote for this day, and be able to lay low for the rest of it, hunting others. [2]After which, I could spend an inspect Day 2 on one of you. That is my reasoning on my choice of MaxSpin.

Why are you misrepresenting what's being said here? He said that if he had a town result he'd know who not to vote for and be able to lay low. Getting a scum result means that laying low isn't part of the stated plan any more.

Nirur
Everyone should bandwagon hammer a few hours into D1 based on Tric's say-so, this is defintiely the best possible result. Anyone throwing a vote onto the pile and advocating a hammer is unquestionable /sarcasm
It's already been pointed out that hammers aren't a part of this game. I expect I'll be voting for Spin at the end of the day in the absence of new information so I don't see much reason to wait.

Again, that's not what I said.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2019, 05:33:08 pm »

[2]Why not spend an inspect on one of us on D1 if you were thinking about doing it later anyway?

[1]Don't say anything about the inspect at all.

[2]Inspecting one of you two does not help with an action I perform without any existing posts. MaxSpin meanwhile, is someone I wanted to check first to get him out of the way, since he is a vet too. You two tend to play off each other, and if I knew one of you was town, that would not help me with the other when you fought. You could be town too, is the process involved in that.

Nin Icytea. Were you planing on hunting him specifically? In a 12 person game, would it even occur in that manner? Wouldn't it be likely someone else would end up the target of the lynch? And how do you suggest I survive Maxspin and his Mafia Buddies from just deciding to kill me during the day?

NinDeus.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2019, 05:34:59 pm »

Actually, multiple Ninjas. How likely to have SKs.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2019, 05:37:40 pm »

Yayy, it begins! I'd better get to answering these questions before I do anything else...

Quote from: Nirur Torir
Superdorf: What did you learn last game, and how will it affect how you play this one?

In that last game, I noticed in myself a habit of choosing a player and following the ideas of that player, without really studying a situation for myself. That worked fine when I was behind RGU or IcyTea, but backfired *hard* when I tried following you. This game, I intend-- I hope-- to curb that tendency in myself, and to form my own understanding of the game based on careful scrutiny.

Also, I was apparently being way, way too hesitant. That's gotta stop.

Quote from: IcyTea31
Superdorf: Would you consider yourself confident enough to falsely emulate your obvnoobtown behaviour in the last game?

I dunno. On the one hand, I think I have a sufficient grasp of my own town-meta to put up a pretty fair impression of it, at least for awhile. On the other, I proved myself in that game to be very weak under actual pressure, and I suspect such pressure would prove my undoing in a scum-game.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2019, 05:43:02 pm »

Nirur, I didn't mean to imply two votes would hammer, I was inviting players to join in on a hammer.
Why though? Time is precious here.

To Everyone. What are you game Plans this game. Obvious posts, lurking, focusing on Day Game, Focusing on Night Game? Let's hear it?
I'm going to try to be better at finding scum, and trying to make insightful points instead of complaining about walls of attacks.

But you did just see another way to take an insult to one's intelligence, specifically that because you're insulting a particular group, that people will consequently think you're not part of that group.
Surprisingly no, not until after it was brought up. I just wanted to do something more interesting with my haiku other than repeat that I'm town.
Nor is mine ;)
I will capitalize your name and call it yours whenever I want, Hector13.
Why do you expect RVS to last longer than one round of questions?

Do you expect to have better questions for the second go around? If so, what?
If needed, then yes.
I'd hope so.
What sort of action are you expecting?
How they'll scumhunt, what they'll do. That sort of thing.

Ah, I see you're not well-versed in the art of banter. True gentlemen of class can trade insults with dignity and without taking them personally. Why aren't you a gentleman of class?
I'm a kobold, not a gentlemanly human.

Superdorf: What is your opinion on Tric claiming to have investigated Spin and gotten scum?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43