Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 43

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - Game over, SK team wins  (Read 76381 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D2
« Reply #330 on: May 24, 2019, 06:46:48 pm »

Mystery Green Goo IS NOT A POSSIBLE ROLE in the set up.

Wait what? Sure it is.

Quote from: Xylbot role list
"Secret Green Goo (town; super-rare; 4+ players): You don't know what your role does. Whenever a player targets you with an action, they will become green goo themselves.
That does not change what I said in any way.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 24, 2019, 06:48:29 pm »

...Okay? Explain to me why it's impossible for that role to appear in this game.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 24, 2019, 06:49:58 pm »

Wait... I was Secret <Something> not Mystery <Something>...

Yeah, I was Green Goo.

DAGNABBOT TRIC YA SEE WHAT YOU DID

ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS MAKE SURE NOONE KILLED YOU

Also, yes, I went back into the Big List and cringed at my mistake. Stop threatening to kill me based on my own incompetency. Just call me a general nincompoop.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 24, 2019, 06:54:27 pm »

Kit, what does the Nightwatchman do?

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 24, 2019, 06:56:18 pm »

Literally just sees who visits my target.

So in this case, you and me.

Because you visited me

To make me visit myself

I am even saltier now

A goo with this level of salt is impossible to keep alive
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 24, 2019, 06:57:17 pm »

Hm... That is a fair point. NQT wasn’t scum with MaxSpin if he performed the kill. This means he is town or third-party, if true.

If he’s fakeclaiming the kill, as scum or malicious TP, that could have been an effort to find the real killer, though they might not necessarily know if NQT also had a kill, so perhaps that doesn’t make sense... bugger.

A’ight. Balance of probability says he’s not scum, at least mechanically.

Unvote, and I shall re-read the bread at some point.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 24, 2019, 07:01:12 pm »

How was that protecting me though, it's not a protective roll.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 24, 2019, 07:02:59 pm »

...Okay? Explain to me why it's impossible for that role to appear in this game.
Secret Grey Goo can certainly appear in the game. I never said it couldn't. But Mystery Grey Goo is not a thing. This is an important distinction mainly because Secret abilities are passives, while Mystery abilities are actions. The main purpose there was to put pressure on Kit for that, and it probably would have gone the same way without you butting in before he had a chance to respond, but now I can't be certain of that.

Also these distinctions are important for the inevitable massclaim, because its a way to catch fakeclaims.

Wait... I was Secret <Something> not Mystery <Something>...

Yeah, I was Green Goo.

DAGNABBOT TRIC YA SEE WHAT YOU DID

ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS MAKE SURE NOONE KILLED YOU

Also, yes, I went back into the Big List and cringed at my mistake. Stop threatening to kill me based on my own incompetency. Just call me a general nincompoop.
All good.

How was that protecting me though, it's not a protective roll.
It still was a good move, because it has the potential to get more info, especially if you got shot.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 24, 2019, 07:05:46 pm »

Secret Grey Goo can certainly appear in the game. I never said it couldn't. But Mystery Grey Goo is not a thing. This is an important distinction mainly because Secret abilities are passives, while Mystery abilities are actions. The main purpose there was to put pressure on Kit for that, and it probably would have gone the same way without you butting in before he had a chance to respond, but now I can't be certain of that.

Also these distinctions are important for the inevitable massclaim, because its a way to catch fakeclaims.

Excuse you, ya cheeky bastard, for getting pissed off at someone doing the same thing to you that you did to me :p
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 24, 2019, 07:08:33 pm »

The main purpose there was to put pressure on Kit for that, and it probably would have gone the same way without you butting in before he had a chance to respond, but now I can't be certain of that.

...Oh. My bad.  :-\

klonk
Sigtext

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 24, 2019, 07:10:38 pm »

Yeah it was just a case of mistaken phrasing.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 24, 2019, 07:15:15 pm »

Persus.. Was hoping to catch one last slip when he answered.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 24, 2019, 07:26:10 pm »

Excuse you, ya cheeky bastard, for getting pissed off at someone doing the same thing to you that you did to me :p
I'm not pissed off actually. Just thought I'd use the occasion to IC for a second.

Right now I'm pretty confident Kit, Tric, and NQT are town, or at least, not Mafia. That leaves Hector, Superdorf, RGU, and DA. DA I'd like to see more of, they're usually pretty lowkey, so nothing's dinging my radar there. Hector I'm slightly suspicious of, but I'd like to see what their readthrough comes through with before I make any decisions there. What I'd mainly like to see though is RGU and Superdorf be a little less passive right now though. Who do you think is scum right now? What are you planning on doing about those feelings?
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 24, 2019, 07:31:58 pm »

Passive eh?. Well, I don't deny it. I put a lot into that last mafia game, and it's left me rather drained.

But gimme a sec, I'll start putting together a proper readlist.

klonk
Sigtext

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 24, 2019, 07:49:25 pm »

Well its also infuriating for me because you've continued to do nothing except argue some of your own assumptions, which are incorrect based on a bunch of information that is readily available in this thread. Half your mod questions were asked already, and this whole line of questioning has no point and is just filler that detracts from actual scumhunting, which I have yet to see you do any.

Then why are you asking me about it? I've been the one thinking this whole thing was pointless but people continued to insist on it, like if it was important, and prevented me from doing any scumhunting since I've had to answer all of the time. And I know which questions were asked, and the ones I did ask were different. I did quote most of the questions that were answered myself in a few posts. Also I know Maximum Spin was daykilled, but a bandwagon was forming on him before.

I'm going to end this nosense right here and get back to what's really important then.

Superdorf, the points I made in this post still stand, and now I'm convinced that the reason you've been so persistent on making me explain why did I unvote you was because you knew these assumptions were wrong. Maybe it was confusion, because you knew you were scum.

I'll read over the cases again, but unless something really jumps out at me I'm keeping my vote right where it is, thank you. Kit's kinda flighty sometimes, but normally he's at least willing to poke at the mechanics a little... this? This thing he's doing? This is just ridiculous.

I'd be willing to maybe overlook the lurking if it was honest lurking. But Kit's posted here. He's present, to at least some extent. He's demonstrated that whatever he's doing, it's probably deliberate. I don't like that.

KitRougard: I need to go to sleep soon, and I'm probably going to miss the lynch, so... if you want to change my mind about this, you're gonna have to do it in, oh, the next hour or so. Failing that, you've got a few hours more to change somebody else's mind. Poke somebody. Comment on a roleflip. Show to us that you care, at least a little, about who wins this game.

Hector13: You're voting Nirur Torir for jumping on the Kit-wagon with lazy reasons. What does that make me, then, and what does that make KitRougard? Am I wrong to vote where I'm voting?

Firsst of all, you made an attack against Macimum Spin (who was scum) in the same post you voted TricMagic (who was probably town and invesstigator). Right after, you vote for KitRougard. I think there's a pattern here, but maybe it's just me.

((Also, this might be crazy, but I have a gut feeling of a second scum team composed by DA, Persus and Superdorf. They have been defending and supporting each other, though maybe it's just them reading each other as town.))

And now to cast my vote.

Unfortunately, I just don't have much to go on-- I still don't trust my reads, and I'm far too sleepy to refine the reads I have any further. I've gotta vote somebody tho, and so I'm gonna cast my vote on Nirur Torir. He's just erratic enough to merit suspicion, he's active enough to lend us some information if he flips town, and if he does flip town... well, I know who I'll be chasing next.

Good night morning all.

And again, your vote doesn't match your words. A post ago, you read hector13 (Who was voting Nirur Torir) as scum. Then you say Nirur Torir as been active, you expect him to flip town and vote him anyways. It doesn't make much sense to me, even if Nirur Torir turned out to be a serial killer. Even so, scum needs to get rid of the serial killers to win. Then you asked me twice to explain why I unvoted you, which I did.

randomgenericusername: I'll admit poking you for not poking me was maybe kinda stupid on my part. On the other hand, it's certainly got your hackles up. :D
Why is it important that you weren't present for the lynch?

hector13: You were quite upset over Tric's constantly misunderstanding you D1, but didn't put your vote behind your words against him. Do you believe Tric to be scum, or do you just find him that unpleasant to interact with?

PPE: Wait wait wait, Max wasn't cured of amnesia at game's start? I'm... so confused...

What I meant to say was that I wasn't present for the kill, when Maximum Spin was getting voted on then daykilled. Seems like sleep deprivation has made me to keep mixing words and people is now using that against me now.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 43