Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Gods of New Eras IC  (Read 3633 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of New Eras IC
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2019, 04:36:46 pm »

Player Inventories

Mother Forest (Demonic Spoon)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nyagic (TricMagic)

Iyiania (Tiri)

Grel'Chak (Tube Wizard)

Juramanus (Taricus)

The Great Wrench (Weirdsound)

Acter (Glass)

The Hand of Thal (Wyrdbird)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 06:12:45 pm by Roboson »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2019, 11:49:25 pm »

The Great Wrench is frustrated. It is looking more and more likely that its people are going to have to survive a winter with out a host culture to take care of them. The humans were too broke to lease the machine, and the damn merchant was too stupid to allow them to borrow it on credit. It needed a way to whip the tall-folk into shape, and quickly. Wait... Don't the pink apes have their own god? Perhaps it was time for a chat.

The Great Wrench comes across a human in the act of praying and waits. As soon as the prayer leaves the creature's mouth, The Great Wrench grabs onto it, ties it with incomprehensible and metaphyiscal strings, and allows the words to drag itself, like a kite in strong wind, across both the beach and the multiverse, until it reaches the ear of the human deity.

"Hello fellow wanderer..." It says with a slightly effeminate metallic voice, "You haven't happened to lose some of your Pink Ape-Sheep things recently, have you?"

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2019, 07:12:32 am »

Mother Forest rustled happily when she saw the blight fading from the sapling, yet still stubbornly clinging to leaf edges and root tips. She saw the flagging vitality of the sapling, unsuited to these foreign climes. But she was at ease, for she knew that there was always something to do when looking after a tree.

Action 1: Mother Forest whispers into the ears of some druids and planters, giving them insight and tricks. Of how the answer to acidity lay in the shells of the snails and clams and reefs and limestone. Forests tend to be somewhat acidic in any case, but clearly this jungle is an exceptional case.

[Mother Forest inspires the people to study soil management through mundane means and through the use of magic]

Action 2: As some needlefolk become lost in the thick jungles, they feel like the leaves of the surrounding vegetation is whispering words that they can almost hear clearly. The whole experience is quite frightening, but after some time strange new ideas seem to sprout in the minds of the Needlefolk. Of using certain plants and animals as dyes, and painting markings on trees and rocks to serve as markers and signposts to guide them through the jungle.

[Inspire people to begin marking out the jungle by painting and carving directions and waypoints]

Action 3: Mother Forest searches for the most dedicated and selfless of the healers and with a quick snip cuts off one of her smallest branch tips as the healer treats one of those suffering from the storm sickness. The branch falls from imaginary heights and drops into the open hand of the healer. The branch curls and twists comfortingly in the healer's hand, covered in small blue flowers that smell of home. As if by accident, it brushes against the the sick mortal, and the blight rapidly begins to heal under the astonished examination of the healer.

[Create the Staff of Curing for 3E]

Artifact Name: Staff of Curing
Physical description: A branch of slightly moving, living, twisted wood covered in fluttering leaves and blue flowers that smell of home. It can essentially be wielded as a staff by average sized mortals or perhaps a scepter by larger ones.
Distance/Range: Touch
Effect: Cures disease on touch (3E)
Radius of Effect: No aura (one target per touch)
Lore/Additional Info: A branch tip Mother Forest cut from herself to help her grove deal with the stubborn Storm Sickness.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 10:37:46 am by Demonic Spoon »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2019, 09:49:37 am »

Nyaice. That looks so cool~

Speaking of ice though, the cold will be coming soon, and that forest is proving a bit dangerous to scout. Should deal with the lack of large fish, and boost their range with boats. Oh, and a Servant too!

Action 1: Nyagic! Snuggles the Master Fishercat, I call to you, and the sea in your fur!

"Oh Snuggles, for your help in teaching the people of Nya, I grant you a boon. And for your dedication in taking the bounty of the sea, I grant your people another boon. Take this Nyaxe to your people, and tell them to cut. Trees, mostly. This will cut easily if you take it to any type of wood. And they can all make firewood and houses, nya~

"Well, now that that's out of the way~ Nya. I would advise figuring out nya Wind spells too.

Action 2: The NyAxe, it cuts Wood, not people. 1E.
Spoiler: The NyAxe (click to show/hide)

Action 3: Inspire among the Nya to look into building houses of mud and logs and wood thatch. Thatch just needs weaving, and mud should be simple enough. And that axe means there will be plenty of wood and logs available. Maybe use twine as well to tie everything together?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 02:50:41 pm by TricMagic »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2019, 02:17:27 pm »

Iyania forgot that the biggest issue was communication--so she committed to act on the issue, finding a person who was particularly very well-rounded, needn't be a fighter but one vested not just in one's personal interests but those beyond themselves; she found people with that particular thought that lacked supplies or the means to do so unless other resources were present, but she had to pick one. Thus she decided upon what was already developed; someone of humility and forethought to their actions, and a mind for consideration and compassion.

First Action: Make 2E divine servant
Second Action: 1E of iron in our area!
Third Action: (Free Action) Whisper words of the smiths amongst the people, to forge tools to mine and to forge tools for the hunt! (Blacksmithing?)

Spoiler: Servant Sheet (click to show/hide)
Iyiania was always present, at least, she was busy guiding with her presence like a shadow by a cloud over the lands--after careful deliberation, she picked a person who not only had a reliable character background, but who also had experience in acting upon their perspective. A presenter of information, someone who knew the importance of sides and perspectives and positions, but who foremost presented information much like the thinkers of the old world to those whose lives were focused on supporting others--that all may share in knowledge.

To them, Iyiania greeted with a gesture of respect. After a while, she repeated what she had mentioned months prior, clarifying that she was the influence to their mental clarity and an influence to what they had felt upon arriving in the area; while this start was familiar--out of the many on the ships, she only sensed nearly a third of all present in the current vicinity, and she needed help from the people. She could only do so much by herself, as a tutelary and transient deity. Thus, she confided her trust, and her insight to the person, and asked them to forward the search for the missing people--and told them of all things that she had received by herself in communication with others. Basically, she told them about showing her presence in more tangible forms, of the iron veins and deposits that she had shrouded until it was needed in the current time, and of inspiration of metalworking, that iron be used to forge better tools and weapons for food and other basic needs. She added connotations that the need for worship was a priority if the others shipwrecked were to be found before the worst of weather would befall them, and thanked them for their time--they would be organizing the people into tasks and duties to be fulfilled, but also in forming advisory and leading councils for the people to have themselves heard. She told them of her symbol, either drawn, gestured by hand or non-verbally, or in concise prayer. She mentioned of the rocks nearby, and of how one may preserve food using structures of such manners--most importantly, she mentioned to have no fear of the winter, for she would protect the land they were in from the cold for the whole of the season; their priority was to stockpile food, however, and prepare to set out in the winter to keep looking for more of their kin...or at least, in the present, find a way to signal them from afar, but at the moment, the best way was to place reverence reasonably in the minds of the people by the smallest of gestures and beliefs, rather than grand rituals.

She mentioned that it took time to converse and speak with people--and even those who were attuned as this, it took time to do, but that she was always open for communication, questions, and clarifications if need be. She mentioned that the coming seasons were going to be difficult, but bearable. And she awaited any response on their side.
Spoiler: Some particulars... (click to show/hide)

"Hello fellow wanderer...You haven't happened to lose some of your Pink Ape-Sheep things recently, have you?"
Iyiania was surprised, because she did not know there were spirits in the area--or was this something else entirely? Her turn segment She did not notice it, and assumed the voice was talking about...the...humans? Of all the known other fauna to herself, she did not think of any resembling that.

"Some of my flock have gone missing, yes. Who are you and what are you saying?"

((I'll presume I told my servant about this too, but in conciseness))
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 09:22:07 pm by Tiruin »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2019, 02:54:23 pm »

The voice laughs. "They call me The Great Wrench. In another life, I once was part of the great gnomish pantheon, but now I am merely lord of Gremlins. My flock is scattered as well, and winter will be upon us soon. Perhaps we should keep our flocks in the same pasture for now, to increase everyone's chance of survival. I promise, my Gremlins can be useful!"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2019, 06:17:22 pm »

Acter reviewed what he had seen, and came to a conclusion.
Jamx, there are two options I can see for the people’s course. The south - keeping the shore to your right - holds a jungle, and a cove occupied by catpeople - seeming to have been shipwrecked, or at least making use of a shipwreck. Northwards, meanwhile, are plains, and significantly more people - more catpeople, as well as both humans and gremlins, scattered along the coast, also among the ruins of ships, or at least constructions made from them. I’d recommend going north and helping the people there to gather together, but I will leave the decision to you.
Either way, however, I am once again able to provide some additional power. What is it that is most required?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2019, 10:26:02 pm »

.... but I will leave the decision to you.
Either way, however, I am once again able to provide some additional power. What is it that is most required?[/font]

Jamx looks around him. He looks out at the ocean, and out at the crew, and back at the swamp.

There is much to be desired about our situation Acter. We are low on food and ammunition. The slimes of the swamp we're dangerous indeed. While I believe the north would be the best option, we are woefully unprepared for winter. We need food, shelter, and wood for fires, of which we have little to none.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2019, 01:11:53 pm »

The voice laughs. "They call me The Great Wrench. In another life, I once was part of the great gnomish pantheon, but now I am merely lord of Gremlins. My flock is scattered as well, and winter will be upon us soon. Perhaps we should keep our flocks in the same pasture for now, to increase everyone's chance of survival. I promise, my Gremlins can be useful!"
Iyiania was an open book--the eye on her hand was a symbol of inner sight as coined by those who worshipped her in the other lands, but her staff was one for particularity, like a scale or a tool.

Right now, it was at the "can be" of the Great Wrench. She connected two and two, and noted that the gremlins in her lands were...overall, despite the presumed and consistent environment of her people (and the cat folk which she heard nothing significantly outwards about), not working as hard.

This she broadcasted to the Great Wrench in feelings, as she wasn't one to hide herself--only her thoughts were hers.
"It is fortunate then that ours arrived safely from the storm together. I do believe that those that we have sheltered, fed, healed, and clothed, were likely uninspired because of the lack of your presence. Your nuance will benefit the people overall more, and Winter is coming; I fully accept on the grounds of no harm done, by presence or omission, from you or your followers to mine own, their works, their beliefs, and their identities--these will be known to my followers by the champions I have picked as they recognize us both. The next condition is helping me find my people, as I have ensured the safety of the people among us in turn. Those I have here are unbound, free, and working with merit and purpose--we are weakened, and easy to displace." You could feel resentment towards the storm that had occurred. "When we part ways after the winter, no enmity will be held nor burden be presented; this is a new age for our people despite the pasts that have shrouded and conflicted everything else."
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 01:15:08 pm by Tiruin »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2019, 02:00:08 pm »

The Great Wrench chuckles. "When they are working, Gremlins are not the most careful people. I will instruct them to play nice, but I cannot guarantee that there will be no accidents. I cannot guarantee that there will be no harm done... Aside from that, your terms sound fun. I will have my people round up the runaway humans and move north to camp with you for at least the winter. The toys and tools they will bring from the main camp should get them to work! I promise that my people make great allies... So long as you keep us entertained!

We have a deal, Friend?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2019, 02:51:33 pm »

"When they are working, Gremlins are not the most careful people. I will instruct them to play nice, but I cannot guarantee that there will be no accidents. I cannot guarantee that there will be no harm done... Aside from that, your terms sound fun. I will have my people round up the runaway humans and move north to camp with you for at least the winter. The toys and tools they will bring from the main camp should get them to work! I promise that my people make great allies... So long as you keep us entertained!

We have a deal, Friend?"

"If all goes well, perhaps it may be tradition to share benefits in the season of cold." The distant realization of Gremlins being not the most careful was new--Iyiania ascribed their reluctance to some manner of connection with their deity, but she didn't know there was one in the first place. "Round up as many humans and catfolk as possible, please. So many are missing." You feel feelings that she believes they may not survive the winter alone.

...Also feelings on if gremlins enjoy mental challenges, puzzles, and theatrics of the mind. Iyiania wonders if they knew of philosophy.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 02:24:27 pm by Tiruin »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2019, 03:46:56 pm »

"Hehehe... I'll round up as many humans and kitties that will follow, but Tall Folk do not respect Gremlins. Do not expect miracles. Well... Miracles related to human roundup anyway. I do have a gift planned."

With that, The Great Wrench leaves the ear of its new friend, and gets to work. First order of business; Hold up its end of this new bargain. Time to mess with some humans. It scans the beach near the Gremlin Town, and finds one suitable for its purposes.

First Action: 1E Uplift a Human Servant

The Great Wrench speaks to the human it has chosen. "Listen closely woman. I am the Lord of The Gremlins. I am entering into an alliance with the goddess of your people, who is building a proper settlement on the beach to the north of here, where we will all wait out winter together. I have blessed you with superior leadership. Use it to bring as many of the scattered humans and catfolk as you can to that settlement before winter falls, and you shall be rewarded."

Next, the Great Wrench turns its attention to the Human Settlement itself, dropping a massive bronze water-tank like structure with scaffolding running up the side and a spout near the bottom near the outskirts of town. Also near the bottom is a control panel with a half dozen or so buttons, and along the wall of the tank, in huge Gnomish script, are instructions as to its use.

Second Action: 2E Create an Artifact

Third Action: 0E, Talk to Celphine Bentsteel
"Good news my plaything! The humans are beginning to build a proper settlement up the beach to the North of here! They already found and are hosting some Gremlins. You lot should move in as well! Think of all the good times to be had! I've left an artifact that can make all the fuel you need there, so get the people to pack up and move for me!"
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 03:49:18 pm by Weirdsound »

Tube Wizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2019, 11:54:39 pm »

Grel'Chak, the undisputed and rarely envied god of the slimes watched and waited, as he had for so many eras before, and hopefully shall for many epochs to come. The progress of his children was far from unprecedented, but it pleased him nonetheless, for they had arrived in a seemingly boundless land of succulent solids ripe for dissolution, and those pesky, shape-holding, and infuriatingly structured humans of the Old World would never bother them again. Still, the lizard-folk and southern insects were of some concern, but for the moment, slime-kind's dominion over the swamps was wholly uncontested and content in the way only a genuinely brainless entity could be, he saw no reason to do anything but gestate the digestive prayers of his flock.

Action: Grel’Chak spends 3E to hasten the Yellow Ooze’s evolution, and reminds the slimes as a whole that they are watched over by the most least benevolent of the corrosion-inclined gods.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 02:25:19 pm by Tube Wizard »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2019, 05:59:25 pm »

Hmn...

After a long period of thinking and definitely not procrastinating and being distracted, and yet only a blink of the eye to a mortal, Acter creates 2E of fairly large midwater trawling nets (set to be used one per ship), and 1E of wood logs, deposited on the ship that Jamx was on.

Jamx, I have created for you fishing nets and a multitude of logs. [Acter checks with Jamx if his people know how to use the fishing nets; if not, he explains it (bracketed because I don’t actually know this stuff)]
If you use it only for firewood, then what I’ve given you will last most of the season, though you will still need to gather some; it’ll likely be simpler away from the swamp. As for shelter, it is likely that the groups I have located will already be setting that up themselves, and you may be able to join them. Even if they don’t have enough room, then, while I understand it’s not ideal, you all lived on the ships coming here, so a little bit longer hopefully won’t hurt too much.
I would do more for you if I could, but I simply lack the power for it right now.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2019, 04:07:03 am »

Juramanus would sigh and facepalm once more as events over the season unfolded. The waywards would need to be brought to heel in one form or another.

Action 1: Juramanus would first devote a part of his power into Giusepi.

"If I may ask Gabriele, what troubles you so that you invoke my name for your own vendettas and grievances?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4