Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 328

Author Topic: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Epilogue B  (Read 204721 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Chapter Final: Wonderful Blessing
« Reply #4860 on: July 10, 2022, 12:18:47 pm »

Marta also approaches 42-1.
"You know, I could also....use a research partner. At least someone who can pick up the stuff off the high shelves."

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: July 10, 2022, 12:30:31 pm »

"...Nevermind, it'll be better if Marta takes him."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: July 10, 2022, 02:33:10 pm »

42 gazed at Marta for a while, considering the proposal.

: "Having a partner rather than a master? It sounds like a strange concept...though not an unpleasant one. Yes, I think that seems like a fine purpose."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4863 on: July 16, 2022, 08:11:21 pm »

"Hear me out, Shoes. You're one of the top adventurers in the world right now, and strong as hell in the bargain. I bet you could find a place with any guild you cared to - or start one of your own."
"That is. . . not the worst suggestion. I shall consider it." She turned about with a "hmph," giving her cape (and twintails) a dramatic flap. "If any of you think yourselves worthy of fighting under my command, I might consider giving you a chance."
« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 10:19:48 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: July 16, 2022, 08:28:05 pm »

Keith fingergunned at Shoes.

"We're comrades. I got your back."

"I'll have to remember to get all of y'all my number once I get one of them tablet things."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: July 17, 2022, 12:45:37 pm »

"I suppose MPH things might come in handy, considering most of MPMH us will be moving towards very different places.""

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: July 23, 2022, 01:54:22 pm »

~~Epilogue: Wonderful Blessing of Our Goddess on this Beautiful World~~
"And so, my sister's attempt to ruin it all for everybody by making me look like the crazy bitch who purposefully made demons, frame everyone else for it, wipe out all of the demons and make herself the queen of the gods was stopped. My good name was cleared and I....did a little growing up. Demogorgia? She finally got justice done. Like she deserves. Seriously, who the hell is so nice? She's like, really nice. And kinda pretty. Like, built really beautiful too. How unfair is it that she's got a big-

Ahem.

Anyway. Sorry, Demogorgia. But it wasn't all sunshine and roses. After all, you don't really just fix the damage of a war that long overnight, even if everyone at the top wants it to end. It took a while; persuading the demons that the goddess races didn't really want them dead and vice versa. The first year was rough. As was the next year after that. Still, it's not like we didn't have help."

Freya Cupidia Pacifica, Exiled and Disgraced Pretender
"Rhea and Mom sent her away....somewhere. They never said where, only that they made sure she wouldn't cause much damage there, and that Rhea would keep an eye on her. Her worshippers were devastated. We're still trying to clean the mess up; some of them couldn't take it, refused to believe that Freya was as mad as she was. Sometimes, I worry she'll come back, furious, not really having changed, and mess up all of the good work we've done while she was away. Maybe she can't change. But some part of me figures if I can change....maybe she can."

Pyra Etna Hephaestia, Disgraced Fire Goddess
"Ah, Pyra. You right asshole. Well, Mom and the others didn't want to exile her like Freya, but we couldn't let her get away. She's currently grounded, like, forever. Megara's keeping her in lockdown to make up for working with those two. Her followers.....didn't really take it too well either. Still, Pyra's....improving a bit. She's starting to refer to mortals like they're people now. Even if she's still insulting them. But she's thanking them, behind their backs, when they're not in earshot. But Discordia and Gaia are doing their best to teach her, and they said she's getting better, bit by bit. Fun fact, did you know Gaia completely missed all of this? Yeah, she was busy making up a continent on the other side of the planet. Yeah, she's...a bit of a late bloomer."

Demogorgia Regia Apocrypha, Rightful Queen and Mephistopheles Servilia Locustia, Forlorn Servant
"Well, those two kinda worked overtime to fix all of it. They rebuilt Ultima Fortress, made it look less like an actual Hell on Generia and more like a place people might actually want to live. Really tried their best to make demons fit in on Generia now, too. There's been talks of making Ultima the Ninth Kingdom, with Cornelia the Eighth. Oh, and uh....a few years after that? They had a bunch of kids. Yeah. Really cute. They made me their godmother; I even visited the little tykes. She said they wouldn't be around if it wasn't for me. Which is true. But it sounds kinda cool, if you think about it; I'm the godmother to the Princess of Hell. As a Goddess. Man, Megara would kill for that kind of title, huh?"

Leviathan Invidia Neptunia and Mammon Primia Avaritia, Matrimonial Generals
"These two? Oh, these two. They didn't take long to get shit in order. After helping out for the first year, they put in their resignation from the Demon Lord's army, settled down somewhere in the Begninese countryside and lay down their weapons for good. Had a kid I think, not long after, too. I've met her; she grew up pretty nicely. She wants to play sports, and she's a manager for some team in Cornelia or trying out to be one? The kid kinda took after Mammon, so she's got the whole "I have to carry my head around" deal but I promise. Nicest girl I've ever met."

Lucifer Superbia Promethea, Underestimated Lothario, Asmodeus Luxuria Zirconia, Queen of Succubi, and Satan Ira Draconia, Wolfhound of Hellrealm
"Those three? Kinda just went on with their lives after taking a road trip helping out the efforts to fix things up. Did stuff like putting up houses, making orphanages, that kind of thing. These days, Lucifer's still running a nightclub somewhere in Begnin, Satan's still watching out for his bro and Asmodeus? Well, I heard she and Belphegor went in on franchising for the dream brothels and now she's making bank. Had Asmodeus just calling me the other day, asking if the ring she wanted to propose to Lucifer with looked nice because she wanted to lock him down already. I swear, I haven't squealed so loudly in so long. I really love weddings, you know? Satan will probably knock some sense into Lucifer first, though."

Terrorslayer the Invincible, Wannabe Dark Lord and Fantine von Allia, Boisterous Mage
"So, fun fact? Did you know they were sisters? I didn't. They're totally sisters, though. Last I heard, Terrorslayer works with Demogorgia's palace security and Fantine went back to school, doing a doctorate on magical theory and history. Last I heard, Fantine's working at some academy now doing lectures. Still totally weird though with her whole bombastic personality. What is with some of these people?"

Miria Lightfoot, Self-Flagellating Sentinel
"Someone this....okay with getting beat up? She can't really help but be an adventurer. 'Course, with adventuring not being as viable an option anymore, not really many options to get beat up. Lost track of her a few years back, but last I heard, she's part of the Alfheim All-Star team. Oh, yeah, adventuring's a sport now! But that's....another story."

Andras Calcifer Denaria, Loyal Servant Demon
"I didn't quite keep track of him as well. Whatever Terrorslayer's family did for him, must've cleared up their debt. About a year after this whole thing, he left back to Hellrealm. But he must've really liked it here, because last I heard, he opened a bakery in Penultia. His daughter runs front of house. Nice bagels."

Jeffany and Donniann, Gargoyle Brothers
"These two lovable lunkheads? They claimed their pay, said their goodbyes, and moved out to Begnin again. After a long while figuring out what they'd do, including an attempt to raise mimics on a farm, they started their own franchise of food carts. Fish and chips and the like. They're currently in six of the Seven Kingdoms and they're really doing a great job of giving gargoyles like them jobs. I'm really proud of these two; they're doing real work trying to give gargoyles opportunities, you know?"

Rena Kageyama and Kazuto Kirishima, Escapees of their Own Shadows
"Did you know I like love stories? Because these two are kinda crazy as far as love stories go. Kazuto and Rena kinda just....well, they asked for their wishes to be partly reversed. Just enough to let them change their hairdo and clothes. They got hitched a few weeks after the the whole thing on Ultima. They moved out to Kaisei after we got all of Rena's charges dropped, bought a house in the capital. I think Kazuto works as a coach and Rena works as a restauranteur now; she's working with her sister and Haruo's staff. Who knew Rena could cook? Had a bunch of cute kids too. I didn't know Rena was an Oni, though; she seems pretty small for one. But the horns and the markings on their kids....kind of a dead giveaway."

Taro Akiyama, Wisecracking Thief and Borea Ventea Zephyrea, Airhead Goddess
"Oh, these two. Good god, they got busy. Did you guys know, Borea was actually pregnant that whole last battle? Yeah, they got busy. So I'm an aunt now. That's kinda weird. Taro's been hitting us up for advice on how to raise a little demigod kid. Honestly....we've got no idea how that even happened. Like....I didn't even know us Goddess Dragons could have children with mortals. How are we even supposed to know how to raise a half-goddess kid? But, well, I've had to babysit for the little girl; Chione, she's called. Cute as a button. I heard that they're expecting again; a son, this time. A Goddess Dragon guy.....now that I mention it, I don't actually know if there's any dude dragons. Good thing Taro's making tons of cash off his memoirs and Borea is....well, a Goddess. Raising two demigods....that can't be light on the bank."

Titania Hera Mundia, Mater Dei
"Mom was....never quite the same after sending Freya away. It broke her heart; realising how she messed up with us and....Freya. Sometimes I'd catch her trying not to cry. It was also pretty rough on all of us, trying to be an actual family again after all this time with a house divided. But....Mom pulled through in the end. She tried to teach us how to do our jobs properly this time. And me? She's been trying to teach me how to take over her job as top god. But....that's another story, for another time."

Megara Phobos Bellona, Atoning War Goddess
"Meg? Heh. She's always been the easygoing type in that sense. Fun fact, Megara got completely played by Freya. Like the rest of us. She's been working overtime to make up for her mistake, though. Knocking some sense into people who won't see it, helping repair the damage, training little demon kids to defend themselves. Yeah, did you know Megara's a great teacher? I didn't. Fun fact, she offered to teach self-defense at the Rhadamanthea Dojo. We'll get to that in a bit."

Rhea Harmonia Genesia, Regina Lapis
"Rhea put herself to work helping fix the damage Freya did. I barely saw her after we all went our separate ways, in between her checking on Freya and teaching Pyra how to not be a complete ass and putting herself to work. She's always been the most serious of us goddesses, and I think Mom's been trying to repair their relationship after they finally started talking again. It's been rough, but we're almost all a family again, and I have my big sister back. Having Rhea have my back is something I never thought I'd want but....it's kinda nice."

Discordia Eris Dividia, Benevolent Entropy
"Didi just kept doing what she did best; helping the weak, volunteering at soup kitchens, that kind of thing. I did end up helping her take a break. Find her hobbies, have fun, find love. Hooked her up with a nice girl who works at one of her soup kitchens. We have to keep the whole "Goddess" thing under wraps, though, but we're always looking to expand our family. I'm only praying that Didi remembers that when she has the wedding, I'm going to be her maid of honor."

Orobas Centimani Rhadamanthea, Prideful Old Demon
"Oh, that old guy. Damn, he never gave up. He kept training to try to kick Keith's ass. He started a whole series of dojos, you know? Everyone wanted to train with the Old Demon, and the Old Demon wanted to train for the day when maybe, he'd finally beat Keith. I even took a course at his dojo in....Ishim, I want to say, a few years back. It was pretty rough. But he's still trucking. Still keeps his old werewolf friend around, too. So....I guess he didn't really change all that much. Oh, well. If it makes him happy, it makes him happy."

Vlad, Anarchist Musician
"Well, I don't know much about what happened to Vlad. He got charged for littering, because they couldn't prove arson.  His record label really got a bunch of good lawyers though, so last I saw, he got let out of prison on good behaviour about....two years into his sentence? I haven't really kept track of him since but I'm pretty sure I lost a few temples to him. Again."

Lilian and Selene, Succubus Sisters
"After Lilian got out of prison for tax evasion, I heard Selene picked her up and they're living a quiet life back in their home country. I assume Lilian's still trying to do get-rich-quick schemes."

Keilee, Freed Slavewoman
"She never really took to the adventuring life. I think it was too much for her. So she kinda just....hid at the wagon after a certain point. I undid her slave brand, so she could go wherever she wanted and eventually she....went off on her own. Don't know what happened to her after that, but she's probably out there somewhere, still living her best life."

Gnome Jenkins, Neverending Terror
"Goddesses help us all, we lost him somewhere in Midgardia and we haven't found him since. Watch your feet, everyone."

Sitri Diantha Leviathia, Nervous Naga
"Sitri said her goodbyes a few weeks after, to go take up a new role under Demogorgia's administration. It was kinda sappy; everyone was crying, she was crying, Momo was hitting on her again....I think? Anyway, Sitri's pretty confident now. Last I heard, she was in charge of her own naga regiment. Hah, eat that, assholes who bullied her. Go, sister, go."

Milly Pendleton, Traveling Merchant and Sir Blobbington, Easygoing Blob
"She stayed on the longest helping with Demogorgia; a good five years or so. Sir Blobbington stayed with her for morale. After that, she sold off her wares, pooled her share of the money and went back to teaching school and she now teaches elementary school in Midgardia. Last I heard, she got engaged to a really nice teacher who was an ex-adventurer too. She said she wants to settle down, have a family, keep teaching. I'm really happy for her, too; she'd make a great mom. As for Sir Blobbington? He stayed with Milly. Not much to say about the little blob. Maybe one day he got to back and play with the kids who treated him so well those years ago. Maybe he found new friends."

Marta Kowalski, Height-Challenged Inventor and 42-1, Helpful Homunculus
"So, who knew THESE two were an item? I didn't see that coming. Well, I'm not sure they're an ITEM item, but they're pretty close. Wouldn't surprise me if I get an invitation to a baby shower, but equally wouldn't surprise me if I never did. These two went back home to Wybernia. 42-1 helps testfly her planes; he actually won the Grand Prix a few times, too. Marta actually went into business with Belphegor being her new benefactor, meanwhile. She's been working on a bunch of other projects aside from aviation. All those zeppelins are hers, but stuff like trains, she did work on those two. You have her to thank for better cameras for filming stuff now, too. Did you know she did some work on teleportation, too? Yeah, there's a whole story with that one. For another time."

Jarvis Samek, Wandering Wiggler Hero and Belphegor Trisitia Acedia, Lazing General
"Huh, these two kinda surprised me. I never thought Jarvis was the type to date. Or Belphegor. But I'm happy for both of them, really. Jarvis went back home, made his village rich. Turns out all of those checks he got for investing in Clash of Legends really added up. The village is pretty big now; turns out, when you're the hometown of one of the heroes that ended the whole war, you get fame. I hear he and Belphegor are making it work nowadays; she's still running her company, he's fighting monsters, they meet every week for dinner dates, Belflix and chill. Yeah, Belflix is a thing. Broadcasts these things called....movies on your tablets. I heard Belphegor was working on a new game, too. N-not that I'll pull on it, or anything. My gacha days are behind me. Promise."

Marcia Henry, Ronin Maid
"This one kinda hit me out of left-field. Did you know she has a non-profit for training demons as domestic servants? Yeah, she's got that one now. Apparently she's pressganging demons into become maids and butlers. She's still looking for a master of her own, but, well, being busy with the non-profit and with every noble within the Seven Kingdoms having filed a restraining order, not really all that successful."

Nikolai 'Jade' Fisher, Astounded Assassin
"Jade never really kinda fit into the group. We kinda picked her up late. But, well, with all the money she got, her vengeance kinda taken away from her, and with nothing else to do, she went back home and built an inn. "Fireside Rest", it's called. Pretty popular. I stayed there once or twice. Jade did a bang-up job."

Dani "Dan" Langford, Pompous Magician
"She got a real confidence boost after kicking ass in the war. Dan went back home, kicked her mentor's ass, took his title, and now she's a big shot celebrity. Endorsements, advertising deals, you name it, she's done it. Of course she goes out on a real one from time to time, but nowadays she's more of a stay-at-home type. Can't blame her; pretty hard to top "took down the Demon Lord AND a Goddess Dragon"."

Rosencrantz Marlowe, Dutiful Brother
"Oh, the hot one. Well, he....actually kinda drifted away after all was said and done. He kept in contact with us all, arranged the meets. He even dated Asuna. But...in the end, they were a little too different, and I don't think Rosencrantz was ever the same after that. He got his brother out of prison, moved back to Midgardia and he actually got married a few years later. He has a really cute daughter, but they got divorced because, well, I don't know the full details, but I don't think he got over Asuna, in the end, but....well, he's pretty content raising his kid and working with the Warriors and keeping his brother out of prison. Again. Maybe I should give him a call, one of these days. See how he is, you know?"

Serena Thalassa Nereida, Wonderful Goddess
"As for me? I kept an eye on everything. Trying to pick up the pieces, one day at a time. It's hard, but learning to be in charge of the whole world is an interesting challenge. I'm not really done with it all, but....it's not easy. But I feel like I can try to do my best, so long as it's all good."

"Now you might be wondering; I haven't mentioned a few of our chief players. Where's Keith, Yliss, Asuna, Shoes and Momo? Well, there's a story to tell with those lot. A whole bunch of them. And well....something real crazy happened about a year after this all ended, but.....that's a story for another time."

(Stay tuned for the first Epilogue Chapter!)
~~To be continued....~~
« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 01:56:51 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Epilogue A
« Reply #4867 on: September 16, 2022, 04:51:25 pm »

Epilogue A: Enthroned, the Darkness Triumphant

Three months after the fall of Freya....

The scene: The wilds near the Penultian coast. Team F has gone its separate ways, and rebuilding has commenced. There are still holdouts of the Demon Lord's forces still convinced that the war is still ongoing, and so adventuring groups have been tasked with convincing these holdouts to surrender peacefully - or send them back to Hellrealm by force.

There is a particularly strong holdout encamped not several miles north of the city of Letzter, and Shoes, having formed her own band of adventurers, has been assigned (well, more "forced her way into getting") this specific assignment.....

"Your orders...my queen?"
The clear reluctance in your escort's voice is noted. It took a while to get them to refer to you by a title worthy of your sheer importance.

Along the coastal path towards your target, a dusty path winds from side to side, pine trees and rocks to your right and a sheer cliffside to your left. In front of you, you can see where the holdout of today has made his domain; a large black tower, hewn from crude steel and menacing with spikes and minarets winding off as if to impale the clouds upon them. You can sense a dark energy coming from this tower.

Nothing, of course, in comparison to your own.
//Shoes may post.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4868 on: September 17, 2022, 01:43:29 pm »

"Support my advance. I shall offer this wretch a single opportunity to avoid having his organs rearranged to my amusement. Mind that none of you fall attempting to measure up to my power." The wished-horse-turned-tsundere-girl walked forward, a sword at her hip and a lance strapped to her back as she moved toward the structure. Her chest swelled with breath before she shouted up at the fort.

"Demon of this fortress! Your Demon Lord has sued for peace. Shoes, former lady of Team F, Queen of Battle, has come to offer you a chance to lay down your arms without bloodshed!"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: September 18, 2022, 06:22:33 pm »

"Yes, my queen!"
Shoes' troops take position as Shoes walks forward.

Today, the true Queen of Battle would take her throne.

"So! You are the horse demon that took down my lord! The pretender to the throne of Hellrealm! I will not yield so easily, horse demon that names thyself after footwear!"

A robed figure appears before the gathered troops and Shoes, a gnarled staff in hand, as they float in the air.

"Who now comes to make me, Thanatos Morta Chrysanthema, Master of Death, Deliverer of Souls, Lord of the Netherrealm, yield?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4870 on: September 19, 2022, 08:52:24 pm »

"I pretend to nothing not within my power, Thanatos, Master of Bravado, Deliverer of Inferior Blows. Hellrealm itself could not withstand my might and it is by my and my underlings' mercy that it still stands."
Shoes plants the tip of her sword in the ground, her cloak flapping dramatically in the wind.
"My will is your command, demon, and should you not bow to my majesty, you shall experience it in full force. I ask you once more: do you accept the olive branch and forestay your judgement at my whims indefinitely, or do you bring it down upon your spindly figure here and now?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: September 24, 2022, 06:04:57 pm »

At that, Thanatos lets out a throaty laugh, and plants his own staff in the ground.

"I bow to no weakling, least of all one who appears to have scarcely vacated kindergarten, let alone vanquished Hellrealm!"

The wind blows, dispelling the shadows from his face.

"If you desire my servitude, twin-tailed alazon..."

"...then take it with your strength, for that is the rule of Hellrealm!"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4872 on: September 25, 2022, 08:10:20 pm »

"It will be my pleasure and your pain then, Thanatos!" She raises her sword, then points it forward. "CHAAAAAAARGE!" Shoes, never the coward, leads from the front, running toward Thanatos with a wordless battle cry.
GM of Trespassers V2.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: October 08, 2022, 03:44:52 pm »

"Y-yes, my queen!"
The escorts march aside and cover Shoes' charge, as Thanatos waves a hand over the surrounding land, a horde of skeletons rising from the ground to fight her guild.
"We'll clear a path! Handle the lich!"

Shoes carves a swathe through the lines of demons, as her guild pushes back the surrounding demons to cut her a path.

"Hmph! So be it! This tower shall be a memorial to your utter failure, when I make you humble, though you know it NOT!"

With a loud, wordless cry, the ground below shakes and rumbles, as a massive, skeletal, three-headed dragon emerges from the ground. The dragon's left head exudes noxious fumes from its mouth, Shoes barely managing to dodge the attack.

As a cavalcade of demons and undead emerge from the ground to fight Shoes, Shoes remembers that she does have one tool to fight such overwhelming odds.

The spear, once belonging to the Demon General of Wrath, that now belongs to her. It was a gift to Keith, originally, but when...they parted, the spear naturally went to her as her share of the loot.

This is a good day to test it.

Thanatos Morta Chrystanthema
~Conductor of the Choir of Death, Master of Hellrealm, Heir to the Throne of the Nether, He Who Shall Be Respected~

Stats updated.
Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map Info (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 03:47:03 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4874 on: October 08, 2022, 05:08:52 pm »

"I will strike you down with the proof of my victory, fool possessed of naught but a spine and an empty skull, and your minions will not avail you of this blackened fate."

H-8, Persecute Wight C
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 328