Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 328

Author Topic: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Epilogue B  (Read 204725 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Chapter Final: Wonderful Blessing
« Reply #4830 on: June 04, 2022, 06:47:06 pm »

Titania gazes at her daughter.
"....had this been a few weeks or even days ago, I would not wish for you to make a decision of this magnitude, my dear. But....as a mother, I must atone in some way for what happened to you. Whatever your wish is to deal with Freya, I will respect."
"I owe you my life, Lady Serena. You brought me back from the dead. Whatever decision you make with regards to your sister, I will do my best to aid you with."

Serena stares at her sister, thinking carefully.

She then looks at the rest of Team F.
"Traveling with mortals like you guys....it gave me some perspective. It made me....understand what it was like to be among people and....I don't think I would have ever grown out of my disliking of demons had I not had to travel with some. Us Goddesses, we have to see the world from above, but never from below, and Freya's....never had to do that herself. But....to keep her here, I feel, would be risky. Too many demons would want her dead, and after we tell the world the truth....I'd be lying if I said I don't want SOME revenge on Freya, but I don't think kicking her ass further is going to be productive. And god knows what Megara will do once she comes back to Caelestia."
"....take as much of her power away as you can, and exile her somewhere, somewhere where she has to build herself among mortals again. Where we can keep an eye on her, but away from the people she's hurt here. Give her to people who can teach her what she needs to atone for her mistakes."

Serena looks to the others -not at her mother, nor at the demons, but at Team F- for approval.
"More than anything, I want you guys to tell me if I'm right for this. Should I go for this?"
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 06:49:41 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4831 on: June 04, 2022, 11:51:03 pm »

"That sounds like a good solution to me. Lord knows traveling with this group gave me a new perspective, too - kind of a second chance to figure out who Keith Piper is. Maybe Freya can do that too."

Keith gave Serena a thumbs-up.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4832 on: June 05, 2022, 11:24:01 pm »

:"Uh, as long as she, like... isn't going to end up in a position of power over everyone wherever she gets sent. That's really important."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4833 on: June 07, 2022, 07:08:24 am »

"You grew MPMH a lot during our travels, Serena. So MPMH will respect your decision."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4834 on: June 07, 2022, 11:00:18 am »

"It is less optimal than the solution I proposed, but I suppose grinding her into the dirt of this world until she learns humility will suffice."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4835 on: June 17, 2022, 05:51:01 pm »

"I think we've made our decision."
Serena looks over to her mother. Titania stands up with a sigh.
"....you ask of me something difficult. To send my own daughter, your sister, away....as a mother, it should never be something I should do."
She then looks at Demogorgia and Freya.
"But a crime can't go unpunished."
"....thank you."

Rhea stands up, dragging her sister up with her, as she struggles.
"While you were talking, I DID figure out a way to further restrict her abilities."
"How?"
"Binding magic is part of my Domain, sister. Creating a new bind is child's play, if I am given enough time. The preparations to bind Freya will take a few hours, but I will keep an eye on her until we send her away."
"....and I will need some time to come to terms with what we are about to do."

Titania stands up, as Rhea pushes Freya out of the room, presumably to make the preparations. She follows, before giving Serena one last sad look, and exits the room.

Serena sits down, letting out a breath she didn't know she'd been holding.
"That....has got to be the....second-hardest conversation I'm ever going to have."

She sighs, looking to the rest of Team F.
"I'm....guessing you'll want your reward now, right? No reason to stay after that, after all this is over."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4836 on: June 18, 2022, 01:06:51 am »

"I guess we do have to settle that business. I still got those debts to pay off, then I gotta release Keilee and set her up somewhere nice..."

"...Then I got something I need to do. A lot of things."

A lot of things, yes, but with only one end goal in mind.

"...Well, anyway. That part ain't important. Look, Serena. Any time you need a friend, you come look me up, all right? I'm going to be kicking around Generia just as long as I can. Maybe I can get one of those tablet things and exchange numbers, that sort of thing."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4837 on: June 18, 2022, 04:02:04 am »

"A quest is a quest, a reward is a reward. That's how it goes, and that's what I expect you to uphold as a contractor."
"... After all, you probably prefer to see a nice and cozy home when I invite you over as a friend."
"Would be nice to have my own four walls at least. And then... Well, I guess I will give drawing manga and developing games for the tablet a serious shot."
"After all, you're more motivated to do these things when you have a reliable assistant at your side... am I right?"

She glances over to Momotarou.

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4838 on: June 18, 2022, 04:40:50 am »

"Yes, an assistant would be of much help..."

"...You wouldn't mind me, right? I'm not too used to being THAT appreciated."

"Heh... at this point I shouldn't really act like such a shy boy."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4839 on: June 19, 2022, 11:18:30 am »

"I suppose it is time to part ways, yes. I will. . ." Shoes trailed off, failing to find what remained of that sentence.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4840 on: June 19, 2022, 01:53:36 pm »

Momotarou noticed Shoes going to leave.

"Hey, Shoes... After all that, what are you planning to do?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4841 on: June 19, 2022, 09:54:47 pm »

". . ."

Shoes just stared back at Momotarou, the answer still escaping her.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4842 on: June 20, 2022, 12:17:22 pm »

"True MPHM. We did what we had MPMH do, so I suppose now it is MPMH to figure out the next step."
"Still going to MPMH to my plan of becoming a wandering hero, MPHM suppose. But might want MPMH visit some folks first."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4843 on: June 20, 2022, 05:50:09 pm »

Serena gazes over a pile of wreckage, before extending her arm and waving it. As she does so, bags of gold materialise in the air, each one marked with the names of the members of Team F.
"As promised. Each of your shares is in the bag meant for you."
A pause.
"....you didn't actually think I wasn't going to pay you, right?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4844 on: June 20, 2022, 11:22:15 pm »

"Maybe at first."

Keith's tone was clearly joking.

"We've all come a long way since we first met, though. You've done good, Serena. Trust me on that."

The wrestler sighed and picked up his bag of gold.

"Shit, I guess this is just about it, isn't it? I gotta start tracking people down soon and making some payments, and I guess we all got things we need to take care of."
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 328