Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 328

Author Topic: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Epilogue B  (Read 204732 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Chapter Final: Wonderful Blessing
« Reply #4800 on: May 01, 2022, 01:34:40 pm »

"I have long wondered at the difference between mortal and demon. It seems there is even less than I thought." Shoes still seemed oddly quiet, though perhaps it was simply in the wake of the revelation. "I wonder if that makes me some sort of demon. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4801 on: May 01, 2022, 02:02:47 pm »

"And here MPMH thought we wouldn't be facing more surprises."

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4802 on: May 01, 2022, 02:48:41 pm »

"Huuh... makes sense, considering how reliably Serena was able to resurrect Demons."

"Let's go on and see how deep this iceberg reaches."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4803 on: May 01, 2022, 05:11:10 pm »

"No, no way. We didn't create demons. No way. We would've remembered that! Right?"
"Actually..."
Rhea raises a finger.
"I remember this."
"Rhea? Explain."
"Well, remember when our sisters were working on putting everything together?"
"Oh, right. Freya spilled the oceans all over Borea, made her cry, and then when Mom came over to check she yelled and screamed that I did it and I got sent into timeout. I remember that. Freya was smiling like an asshole afterwards."

Serena shot a glare over at her sister. Titania muttered a quiet "Sorry" at Serena.

"Anyway, after that....Discordia and Freya had a little accident. And....well, the details are somewhat difficult to explain to mortals but....essentially something went wrong with the implementation and....Hellrealm was created."
"Was this when I told you to clean up the mess you made?"
"My knowledge ends after this; I went to work on the mountains, and I assumed Freya had cleaned up the mess."
"Then, Borea, Pyra, Gaia and I went back and Freya hadn't cleaned it all up. And then it started spawning....the very first demons."

Discordia interrupts the story.

"S-sorry. Uh...well, Freya managed to convince Borea that she could take care of it, and Borea's not the brightest, so she fell for it. I threatened to tell Mom, but.....she hexed me."
"I saw the hex on Discordia one day, and given how Freya was treating everyone, I'd had enough. That's when I moved out. I didn't tell Mother the truth of why; I couldn't break her heart."
"And then Borea must've found out somehow and that's why Freya wiped her memories and sent her out of Caelestia....."
"And then....she went on about all her plans. About how she was going to use the mortals to get rid of the demons, make it look like the demons weren't our responsibility, and when she solved the demon problem, then Mom would make her the next Queen of the Gods...."
"To think I was so ignorant....I'm so sorry, I-"
"It's not your fault. Freya did everything she could to hide it from you. Hexes, spells, using einherjar to transmit messages....I wish I could've said something but the hex...."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4804 on: May 01, 2022, 06:19:27 pm »

"And by using the so-called Goddess Races as pawns, it took much longer than necessary to figure out that you Goddesses could revive demons... because otherwise you would have figured out much earlier that demons are a divine creation, just like us."

Yliss looked in Freya's direction.

"Needless to say, Freya only cared about raising in status. Even if by accident and inaction, she took part in the creation of a new sentient race, but did not acknowledge them as anything more than something to be used for her personal gains."
"Holy fuck, Freya, even Revivians know about protection and the morning-after pill, surely someone like you must have had access to its primordial equivalent! Instead you chose to be a neglectful single mother!"
"And don't give me any shit like 'But ooooh, Discordia was involved, she's also at fault, boohoohoo', if you truly believe that, fuck you, at least Discordia was willing to take responsibility for that accident until you robbed her of that possibility."
"Which probably is the fitting keyword for today. Possibility. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't have literal millenia of divine experience, but as far as I see it, a deity not granting their creation the gift of possibility is just a waste. Create, and see your creation expand and transform in surprising new ways. All you did, Freya, was hindering that possibility by guiding it towards the only conclusion that mattered for you: Destruction of your accidental creation and making it look like a good thing. No expansion for the demons. No transformation for the demons. Only annihilation was what you could envision. What a boring deity amongst deities you'd have become if you'd have gotten away with it!"

Her gaze falls towards Titania again.

"Sorry 'bout that outburst, Mother of Goddesses. I have a serious bone to pick with her since I got revived and it all began to pile up with every new secret revealed about her misdeeds."

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4805 on: May 02, 2022, 03:24:16 am »

"This is going to leave some serious dent in people's faith of the superiority of Goddesses' over mortals... And I thought I was the immature, irresponsible idiot before. Thanks, Freya, for showing we are not that different after all."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4806 on: May 02, 2022, 03:31:56 am »

"Wow, dude. Just... fucking wow. I mean I know I've been making a mess of things for the last twenty years but I'm a saint by comparison."

Keith took a long drink.

"So what I want to know is, did anyone even bother to see if demonkind was going to be a problem before demanding genocide? Because it looks to me like Freya went behind her mother's back there to wipe them out, what with Titania and Demogorgia being friendly and all. And yeah, I know, ironic for me to bring up that point given how gung-ho I was at the start of this quest, but I like to think I've learned a few things along the way."

He fixed Titania and then Freya with a hard stare.

"They knew each other. How did you convince her that wholesale slaughter was a good idea?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4807 on: May 02, 2022, 04:31:17 am »

Titania sighs.
"I must take responsibility for my part in this. When Freya told me that the demons had declared war on the gods, I tried to contact Demogorgia, to talk her down. But....she must have already been killed by this point, because I could not. Freya convinced me that Demogorgia had intended to do this all along. I couldn't believe it, but without her to speak for herself....I didn't know she intended to kill off all of the demons, just to defend ourselves long enough until we could resolve whatever had gone wrong. She insisted, up and down, that it was simply to defend ourselves, that she wouldn't go as far as annihilation. A cosmos needed attending, and I trusted my children, so.....I left it to my daughters."

She looks down at the ground.
"Freya....you were so sweet. I still can't believe you could do this...."

"And Mephistopheles wasn't going to talk to Mother anyway, given he was already convinced the gods had betrayed him. I'd been talking to Demogorgia in secret, about our origins. It was the one loophole I could find around that hex, because the secret was about her. I was hoping if Demogorgia and Mother could make peace, then Freya couldn't get away with it and maybe everything would be alright, that demons and everyone else could live in harmony. But....Freya must've known what I was going for."
"That much is true, yes. If Titania had shown up, with how angry I had been, I would have likely died in an attempt to avenge my queen. We were baying for blood. Nothing short of Freya's head would have sated it."
"Phis..."

Serena nodded, a slightly bitter glare at her mother.
"Seems like you really trusted Freya far too much, mom. She pulled the wool over your head. You sided with her over me every time, you trusted her advice...."
"I'm so sorry, Serena. I'm only just realising how badly I've failed as a mother, and....I know apologies won't fix it, but it is all I have to offer for right now. You'll understand when you're a mother someday; the love you have for your children can blind you to their worst flaws."
"And of course, Serena never even knew about where the demons came from, meaning she didn't trust them.....which made Serena the perfect patsy for Freya's plans."
"I suppose when Freya "accidentally" wiped out the demons while defending the Goddess Races, she'd then turn it on me, say that I'd convinced her, and then silence me to prevent me from talking. Like she did Discordia, Borea and Demogorgia."
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 04:34:18 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: May 02, 2022, 11:38:26 pm »

"...Excuse MPMH manners, but WHY MMHPMH she supposed to be the 'Goddess of Love' again?"
"The more I hear about her, she sounds MPHM like the Goddess of Betrayal and Calamity. It MPHM truly baffling how far she managed to get away."
"I fear MPMH think what could have happened if MPMH didn't stop her."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4809 on: May 03, 2022, 12:12:22 am »

"It is no wonder, then, that I was created with such an appetite and talent for destruction. Though I do not relish further evidence of closeness to her."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4810 on: May 03, 2022, 03:24:29 pm »

"Well, our roles were more stuff that we kinda just.....had, I guess? I had water powers, so I got put in charge of the oceans. Rhea was really good at cleaning messes and fixing things up to be better, so she got order. Freya was the prettiest and, well....let's be real, has actual love powers, so she got to be Goddess of Love. And of course she had our mom fooled...."
Serena sighs.
"I guess that's everything, right, guys? If that is....we need to figure out what we're doing to her."
She points at Freya.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4811 on: May 03, 2022, 06:19:29 pm »

:"Uhhh... are we really important enough to, like... decide that? I guess like there's the Goddesses and Demons here and stuff and you're probably talking to them too, but, like, I don't know, maybe the Generian kingdoms matter too or something? Boy, I really just feel, like, sort of out of place right now."
:"But... like... my opinion... I guess it does kind of seem like she at least shouldn't really be around Generia though. I kind of wonder how she managed to get so far with manipulating people when she's as completely mindblowingly arrogant as she is, but, y'know... she did. Probably means she could again if she were just wandering around down here, right...?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4812 on: May 03, 2022, 07:26:36 pm »

"Should we really send her anywhere else, though? I think just stripping her of her powers and duties and keeping her locked up in her room for a few dozen millennia should work. If she still wants to cause trouble after that and escapes back to Generia, well, I'll probably still be here for a rematch."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: May 04, 2022, 03:37:31 am »

"Hey, I've got a funny idea... Reincarnate her as a mortal human on Earth, at least for one lifetime. Free irony included in the package."

"...Actually, don't. That would be too cruel. Besides, I'm not sure if it's even possible."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4814 on: May 04, 2022, 06:55:38 pm »

"Even if we left it up to everyone else, ultimately we're the only ones who can punish her. Well, my sisters and Mom, anyway. And....if we keep her here, it might be too risky. After all, she'd still be near her einherjar. But if we sent her away....nobody would keep an eye on her."
"I will."
Rhea raises her hand.
"Serena, I left our house because I couldn't take what Freya was doing to to our family. I went on this adventure and accompanied you because I wanted to make up for that. If you should choose to exile our sister, I will take on the duty of watching over her as atonement. I'll keep her out of trouble, ensure no untold destruction shall ensue."
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 328