Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 328

Author Topic: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Epilogue B  (Read 204731 times)

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Chapter 9: We're Not Gonna Take It
« Reply #4785 on: April 30, 2022, 11:04:18 am »

"....do your friends have anything to say? Please, Serena's friends, if you have anything to add, speak now. I do not wish to make a decision so uninformed again."

Yliss was about to shrug and shake her head, but then she noticed something. Something big.

"Oh, yeah, I actually have two things to say. First, Freya is lousy at wish-fulfilling. I'm the walking proof, a Revivian who didn't get what she... or rather, he... wanted."
"I'll admit that in hindsight, the botched wish probably worked out better for me than the intended one, but still, that's definitely not because Freya knew what I needed instead of what I wanted."
"The second thing is... If you didn't know about the whole deal with Demogorgia... How did the system of bringing people from Japan to Generia via the Revivian method got supervised in the first place? I'm 99% sure Freya told you something in that regard to put you at ease, but it still hard to believe you wouldn't have the slightest idea of why that system got put into place, Mother of Goddesses."

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: April 30, 2022, 12:09:03 pm »

"Now, that's..."

"...that would be actually kinda important. A literal answer to the eternal "why are we here" quandry."

"It would be refreshingly hilarious if all this stuff here happened  because of someone screwing something up."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: April 30, 2022, 01:28:11 pm »

"Not much MPMH said here. I think it MHMHPM important to bring Demogorgia back."
"...Well that and making MPMH Freya faces a fitting punishment for her actions."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: April 30, 2022, 01:31:04 pm »

-snip-
Mephistopheles just gives Marcia the blankest look.
"....who is this....sassy lost mortal again?"

"It was Serena who convinced me to get the system in place. She wanted to end the war as fast as possible, and she suggested we use heroes from another world, those who could get have a fresh perspective on the situation. Even back then, she wanted to stop the war. Freya agreed. Wholeheartedly. It was nice, seeing them get along for a while, but...."

Serena nodded.
"That's right. I helped come up with it. I just thought it'd be a win-win situation for everyone. The dead would get their chance to live again as heroes, get a second chance at life, and we'd get someone who could maybe, finally end the war. I just....didn't realise how far Freya would go to make the war go on forever....."

She strolls up to the casket.

"Here goes nothing."
She extends her hands over the casket holding Demogorgia's body. Freya squirms, visibly protesting, but Rhea restrains her with one hand.
"True Resurrection."

The casket glows with the power Serena has sent into it.
"....my queen?"

For a moment, nothing happens.

And then slowly, the casket's lid is pushed open from the inside. Serena steps back.

A tall woman blearily, slowly, pulls herself out of the casket. Her attire is velvety red against her pale skin, with black fur and golden trim all over, and her body, though mostly concealed by thick robes and modest dress, is visibly volutpuous. A small crown rests upon her brow, with black horns protruding from either side of her head from under a curtain of long red hair. Soft, red eyes gaze out over the chamber, her expression confused.

Mephistopheles looks down, almost instantly kneeling upon her approach, averting her gaze. His voice is trembling.
"M-my queen....you've returned...."
The true Demon Lord's voice is soft, light; more fitting of a flower girl than the monarch of all demons.
"Phis, what happened? I...I remember....that knife....the fighting....didn't I.....did you...find a way to bring me back?"
"My lady, the goddesses...they brought you back."
"Lady Demogorgia. There's much you need to know. But much you need to explain."
"Huh?"

Demogorgia Regia Apocrypha
~Demon Lord, Princess of Calamity~

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: April 30, 2022, 01:41:59 pm »

"Is people looking exactly the same just a thing in this world? Because that would explain Lucifer being a shorter, less-pale version of me."

"Anyway, uh, howdy. Keith Piper, American Wolfhound of Team F. We're interested in hearing your side of the story."
« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 01:43:55 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: April 30, 2022, 01:44:25 pm »

Momotarou discreetly shuffles next to Yliss, to speak with her more silently.

"Hmm... Yliss, don't you think Demogorgia looks a bit... familiar? Like, to-a-certain-demon-queen-wanting-to-make-peace-with-humans-with-help-of-the-hero-and-economics familiar? Minus the neckline."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: April 30, 2022, 02:38:04 pm »

Asuna, with some effort, restrained herself from adding onto Yliss' statement about the whole wish thing. There was really no need to interrupt all of THIS just for the matter of her wish, really, there were some very important things going on and all... but... uh, yeah, she was DEFINITELY going to get to it once... the important bits had been gone over?
:"Uh, we are a team of adventurers and all, Team F that is, which is us, but basically we've been going around figuring out what sounds like a really old conspiracy that... ended up getting you killed...? ...er, and basically we've been going around talking to the various goddesses who aren't about that, which is like most of them, and the Demon Generals and we teamed up with them to figure out and stop the conspiracy and stop everyone fighting (because adventurers and Goddesses have been fighting with Demon Generals since) and now bring you back to life to do that."
:"Uh, I finally figured it out, right? I have this correct?"
:"Oh, uh, and I'm Rio- eeeEEEEEehhh- uh- I'm Asuna Ito."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: April 30, 2022, 03:17:33 pm »

"I uh...."
A faint rumbling can be heard. Demogorgia frowns.
"I'm really sorry. Might we....discuss this over something to eat? Phis, how long has it been since...that day?"
A slight note of hesitation in her voice. Understandable, considering "that day" was when she was killed.
"Three thousand, one hundred, and thirty four years, six months, three weeks, and two days."
Demogorgia's eyes briefly widen.
"That long? Phis, I'm so sorry I left you for so long-"
"Don't you dare apologise to me, my Queen. I'm just....happy you're here. If it's food you want, I will set about it right away!"

Mephistopheles pulls himself back to his feet and bounds off towards the doorway, deeper into the castle. Demogorgia turns to the others.

"It would be rude of me not to invite you to eat with me. Please, come with me to the dining hall."
"....your are the Demon Lord, right? I....didn't expect the Demon Lord to be...."
"Some food would be lovely, Demogorgia. We can dine together as we once did."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: April 30, 2022, 05:40:57 pm »

"Well-MMPH might be better to talk over this while having a meal."
"Besides, MPHM are the guests."

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: April 30, 2022, 06:04:06 pm »

"...Does that warrant an award for the most hardcore diet ever? Personally, I guess that would be a bit unfair."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Chapter Final: Wonderful Blessing
« Reply #4795 on: May 01, 2022, 07:24:39 am »

Chapter Final: Wonderful Blessing of Our Goddesses on this Beautiful World

"I'm really sorry about the mess. I hadn't realised how long I'd been gone."

Over all of the Seven Kingdom Path, this is where your path has taken you. Fighting multiple Demon Generals, corrupt barons, goddesses, demons, other adventurers, and uncovering the truth of an eternal war that has plagued Generia since the dawn of recorded time.

And it has taken you to eating roast beef off paper plates with wooden sporks while sitting on the rubble of what remains of Demogorgia's dining table, watching a Demon Lord wolfishly devour her first meal in three thousand years.

In the middle of the remains of the dining table, several unconscious einherjar lie. Rhea has restrained Freya with translucent golden chains and is calmly sitting near her restrained sister, ignoring her sister's silent attempts at protesting while enjoying the roast beef. Discordia has since gone off to heal the wounded from the fight outside. The fight, or so you were informed, was hilariously one-sided; in the midst of the fight, Borea, Leviathan and Lucifer had managed to dispel Megara's Silence Hex and the war goddess had immediately switched sides, fed up with Freya's mistreatment. After that, Pyra and the einherjar, if they hadn't already been hilariously outmatched, had lost any chance of victory.

"My apologies. To prepare a meal on such short notice....paper plates and wooden utensils are hardly a way to receive your return, my lady."
"It's quite alright."
"This is excellent cooking, Mephistopheles. I've missed it."
"Uh....Demogorgia, ma'am....your Highness? You were....about to tell us the truth about the demons, right?"
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 07:27:24 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: May 01, 2022, 09:16:31 am »

Keith was just sitting back with a cup of blood.

"Nah, paper plates and wooden forks are just about the most fitting thing for Team F."

He took a careful sip, keeping things in moderation. Last thing everybody needed was a drunk Keith on their hands; they'd worked too hard for peace for him to screw it up now. He knew how he was.

"Anyway, Rosencrantz is right. How did this all start?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: May 01, 2022, 01:02:32 pm »

"The truth? If you're talking about why I was ....killed....I'm sorry, I don't know. But, I do have my suspicions."
"Freya never liked demons. That hag...."
"Even if she must be punished for her misdeeds and must face justice, she is still my daughter, Sir Mephistopheles. Please continue, Lady Demogorgia."
"The secret I believe this might have all started over was something Discordia told me."
"Discordia? How? Why?"
"She felt that it was important we knew our origins, Serena."
"Your origins?"
"Yeah, uh....you guys came from Hellrealm, right? A separate plane from Generia, created by a foreign god. At least that's what they taught us."

Demogorgia shook her head.

"Hellrealm is very real, yes, but it is not separate from Generia. The Goddess Dragons created the Demons and Hellrealm."

At that, Titania stared at Serena, a look of confusion in her eyes.
"My daughter, do you know anything about this?"
"No, of course not! I came all the way here to find this out! But....I don't remember being involved in creating demons! You can call me lazy, you can call me kind of an asshole, and you can call me pompous, but I would never abandon my own creation! That'd be like abandoning my own children!"
"Discordia did not lie."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: May 01, 2022, 01:15:53 pm »

"... So kinda like hell in Christianity, gotcha."

Yliss said that casually, enjoying her well-earned(?) meat, without realizing, or caring to realize, that only a small subset of people here would know what "Christianity" is in the first place.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: May 01, 2022, 01:29:43 pm »

Asuna made somewhat of a despairing face and tangled a hand in her hair.
:"Oh man... I just finished figuring out the previous conspiracy, is there, like, another one...?"
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 328