Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 328

Author Topic: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Epilogue B  (Read 204829 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Chapter 7: Bouncing Blob Bonanza
« Reply #4455 on: November 10, 2021, 06:34:26 am »

Aside from, well, a mild tingle, Freya's blood does nothing to Keith.

"I....don't know, Jarvis. Hellrealm demons aren't supposed to be resurrected with holy magic, but....I can try. I owe it to them to try."
Serena closed her eyes, extending her hand over the ashes.
"True Resurrection."

The ashes glow briefly. Suddenly, several pillars of water begin to flow upwards from the ground below, enshrouding and swirling around and through the ashes, as the ashes dissipate. The waters form into the shape of the burned demons, swirling and shifting as they take form, and in a single instant, the water falls to the ground, revealing the incinerated demons, brought whole again. They look down at themselves, looking at their reformed bodies, before staring at Serena.

"wao"

To save face, she grins confidently.
"Hmph. I knew it'd work all along. I am a Goddess, after all."
"Impossible. That's....holy magic. That would....that's never worked on demons. How....?"
Serena shrugged.
"I dunno. I just....did, I guess?"

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: November 10, 2021, 06:49:23 am »

Yliss, after tending to her injuries and standing up again, walks next to Serena, gently placing a hand on her shoulder.

"For the longest time, you were doing things because you wanted to earn your mother's gratitute back, by doing things according to what you knew was right."
"This has changed. For us, and for you. And now you are following your own path, instead of chasing after another one's shadow. You're shaping up to become a Goddess worth worshipping. Good job, Serena!"

She then turns around to Mammon.

"I can only theorize based on virtually nothing, but my two theories are the following. First, there is no real distinction between holy and dark magic. It is their intent that makes it deadly or curative. Just another layer to all the bullshit Freya-fueled propaganda that serves to divide demons, mortals and goddesses. As for my second theory..."
"... water is a good treatment when you get burned, so holy water is good when you get holy burned, and holy life water is good when you get holy dead burned...? Something like that? Like I said, I can only theorize based on nothing..."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: November 10, 2021, 07:03:45 am »

"Impossible. That's....holy magic. That would....that's never worked on demons. How....?"
"Perhaps that is the power of a goddess."
"Or perhaps, it is precisely because she is a goddess."
"Holy magic is typically called upon, not cast no? I don't suppose you've seen a source try til now."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4458 on: November 10, 2021, 07:08:49 am »

Shoes, for her part, was mostly just staring at where Freya had been moments ago.
"I am... unsatisfied."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: November 10, 2021, 08:06:52 am »

Jarvis was both impressed and pleased with the outcome, as he wasn't completely sure if she would be able to pull it off. That made him give a sigh of relief.
"Thank MPMH. Thank you, Serena, truly."
"You really MPMH proving to be you have what it takes to MPMH a Goddess, that's for sure. You show what those MPMH maniacs don't show; empathy. And I am thankful MPMH got to see your progress."

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: November 10, 2021, 11:27:50 am »

"Heyy, it actually worked! Remind me, what are exactly demons in relation to mortals? - said Momotarou, after seeing the divine power resurrect the supposedly foul beings.

"You are truly a woman of science, Yliss. Pff. - Momo responded sarcastically to Yliss' second take on the subject.
"Although, frankly, we just saw a supposedly divine power just clearly benefitting creatures, which would be - by ignorant masses, not by me, no offense intended, seriously - called vile... clear for me that we are not working here with D&D logic.

"... goddamn nostalgia. Anyone has some 20-siders?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: November 10, 2021, 11:33:00 am »

"Nice work, Serena. Hell, good job all around."

Keith gave Beelzebub a pat for easily subduing Pyra.

"I guess now we gotta figure out our next move. Got any ideas, Mammon?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: November 13, 2021, 03:17:43 pm »

Serena shrugged again.
"Well...my mom was the one who taught me I had to use my powers for the good of others, really. I'm just....well, after seeing Freya get away with so much for so long I...."

Mammon places a fist to his chest.
"For saving my men, I, Mammon Primia Avaritia, am indebted to you, Godli-"
Catching himself, he shakes his head.
"No. Goddess. I am indebted to you. The lives of my men are as my own to me. But....I have naught but loyalty to give. And you are not my sole master, nor my sole concern. I must apologise, that I will ask you to do a few things for me. I must ride out myself and recall the forces we have massed around Generia, to end this war. The true enemy is not here, it is above, that much you have proven. That is the task I must set myself."
"First, my wife. You must find her and break her free of this curse too. Leviathan....she will listen, if you tell her I sent you. I want her free, like myself. If that world Lady Demogorgia wanted could truly be achieved, then...that dream....a family, living in peace....maybe. Not yet. There are miles to go before I can rest."
He clenched his fist.
"And then.....if you can truly revive demons...Lord Mephistopheles recovered Lady Demogorgia's body, after Cecil killed her. Lord Mephistopheles never forgave the gods for taking her away, so this war may end if you undo what was done that terrible day. At the very least, it would convince him too. I will warn you; Lord Mephistopheles is not as reasonable as I. He will not relent without a fight, even if you promise him the return of his liege. Be prepared, but do not lose heart. You fight for what is just. and you will surely overcome him."
"General Mammon has a point. Lady Demogorgia may be the only demon who was never cursed aside from Beelzebub, and unlike him, she might know the truth. If we can get her side of the story, maybe we can even convince Mother to bring our sisters to justice....but we need her to prove anything of what we said."
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 03:19:59 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4463 on: November 13, 2021, 03:33:39 pm »

"Hell, let's do it then. Besides, beating the hell out of Mephistopheles will hold up my end of the contract, so it's the best of all worlds. I get my debts paid, demons get Lady Demogorgia back, Freya gets spanked by her mom... what's not to like?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: November 13, 2021, 04:34:13 pm »

Momotarou couldn't resist throwing some ham and cheese into the mix

"Truly... the path of adventures venturing out to defeat the fabled Demon Lord is, at least in spirit, a quest of justice. The revelations of today have proven, that many things weren't what they seemed, yet, this does not mean the spirit of this quest is lost. It merely changes some targets around. - Momotarou clenches his fist.

"Whether we will have to defeat the Demon Lord, corrupt Goddesses, or both, the truth shall prevail! And love and justice will reign foreveremore!" - Momotarou opens up the hand and swings it outside dramatically, his fiery sideburns fluttering in the... barely present air movement (he hopes).

"Why these things always sound and look better in head than IRL?"

"Aaaanyway... Lord Mammon... I wonder if we could see you without helmet. Leviathan once said I reminded her of young you... It would be neat if you had cool sideburns like me.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: November 13, 2021, 06:51:51 pm »

Yliss had a face like someone shredded her favourite manga volume into pieces right in front of her after listening to Momo.

"... Stop torpedoing whatever chances for someone dating you you have still left, dude."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: November 13, 2021, 08:57:27 pm »

Mammon just stares at Momo for a brief moment.

Then, he takes his helmet off, silently, letting the sight speak for itself.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4468 on: November 14, 2021, 01:39:31 am »

"Woah. That's some Ichabod Crane stuff right there dude."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4469 on: November 14, 2021, 06:17:16 am »

"I thought Momotaro's speech was well-delivered, if lacking in detail on how we will crush these fools that call themselves gods for their insolence."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 328