Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: POKÉMON FUSION LEAGUE! - The league has over and the winner has been announced!  (Read 17970 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: POKÉMON FUSION LEAGUE! - The tenth battle has been decided!
« Reply #180 on: May 20, 2019, 06:34:46 pm »

"Whaaaaaaaaat."
I'm not sure how much money I have. If I can afford to reverse Oddtwo to Mewish, do so.
"Man. I had the resistances and everything. I feel like the system penalises me for getting a pokémon that can't evolve. Things'll be different when I take over and kill everyone who doubted me, that's for sure!"

"Oh, right, that other guy. Hey, other guy, let's just get this over with, yeah? I gotta get back to my lair."
Challenge Sullen John.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 20, 2019, 06:49:39 pm »

"Whaaaaaaaaat."
I'm not sure how much money I have. If I can afford to reverse Oddtwo to Mewish, do so.
"Man. I had the resistances and everything. I feel like the system penalises me for getting a pokémon that can't evolve. Things'll be different when I take over and kill everyone who doubted me, that's for sure!"

"Oh, right, that other guy. Hey, other guy, let's just get this over with, yeah? I gotta get back to my lair."
Challenge Sullen John.

Bet everything on Leo if he reverses his pokefusion. Bet everything on Sullen John if he does not manage to reverse it, or Sullen John also reverses their's to counter Leo's Reversal.

Leo Reverses Pokefusion, Sullen does not, Bet Leo.
Leo Reverses Pokefusion and Sullen also Reverse Pokefusion, Bet Sullen
Leo does not Reverse Pokefusion, Bet Sullen.
Leo does not Reverse Pokefusion, but Sullen Reverses Pokefusion, Bet Sullen.

mostly cause I'm likely to be asleep again... There is my bet list.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 20, 2019, 08:10:50 pm »

Accept the challenge

Rolling kick, once again.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 21, 2019, 06:55:15 am »

"Since psychic is the only offensive type this one has, I see no point in trying to be secretive. Mewish, do, uh, Psywave. You can learn that in Gen I, right? Yeah, it's like TM46 or something."
[vaguely irritated Mewish noises]
"Look, it's not that I'm not taking this seriously, it's just that the bug dude is obviously going to win and I'm going to have to settle for Plan B, acquiring money and power through strategic assassination and organised crime. The tournament is just a good way to train you for later when we have to extort people. So go on, beat this weird gas sac up for its lunch money!"
Mewish seems to accept this argument, nodding thoughtfully before spitting out a little RSS symbol that smacks into Sullen John's pokéfusion...

"Hold on, isn't Psywave really buggy in Gen I? I hope nothing weird happens."
But something weird does happen! On the opponent's side, the attack appears to do 0 damage, while Leo sees the enemy pokéfusion faint. The two combatants are desynchronised, and only the referee can say who really won...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 21, 2019, 07:33:24 am »

"Whaaaaaaaaat."
You have enough money to do this if you want. ($100 = $50 unfuse, $50 fuse). You also have enough money to fully evolve the Oddish part of your combo- though not enough to do both.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 21, 2019, 08:12:25 pm »

"Whaaaaaaaaat."
You have enough money to do this if you want. ($100 = $50 unfuse, $50 fuse). You also have enough money to fully evolve the Oddish part of your combo- though not enough to do both.
Oh, yeah, I did check afterward and assumed the fusing would go through. I seem to be better off going through with it, so let's do that!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 22, 2019, 02:46:01 am »

Will be processing these in about sixish hours time. Any last bets!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 22, 2019, 07:58:26 am »

"Whaaaaaaaaat."

Challenge Sullen John.

Bet everything on Leo if he reverses his pokefusion. Bet everything on Sullen John if he does not manage to reverse it, or Sullen John also reverses their's to counter Leo's Reversal.

Leo Reverses Pokefusion, Sullen does not, Bet Leo.
Leo Reverses Pokefusion and Sullen also Reverse Pokefusion, Bet Sullen
Leo does not Reverse Pokefusion, Bet Sullen.
Leo does not Reverse Pokefusion, but Sullen Reverses Pokefusion, Bet Sullen.

mostly cause I'm likely to be asleep again... There is my bet list.

This above, is he evolving? Then bet it all on Leo if the other side doesn't swap around their fusion. Otherwise bet them.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

BATTLE ELEVEN
Bug Catcher Dan -- Gentleman Jacques
Venofree --  Dowak
VS

"Useless! Useless! Useless! Compared to Venofree, your Pokéfusion is nothing!" cries Bug Catcher Dan, brimming with power.

Venofree's wings flash white and glow silver as they begin charging energy for a single, powerful strike. Venofree flaps his wings once, and a powerful gust of shimmering silver wind is released against Dowak.

Using his flappy non-wings, Dowak somehow uses Fly to avoid his opponent's attack and then swoops in for a Drill Peck utilizing a rapidly-spun bone.

"It's too late! You can't escape! I, Dan, will be victorious!"

Venofree's Bug vs Ground: 3 (+1 evolved attack) (+1 type affinity) (-1 evolved defence) (-1 elite defence) = 3
Dowak's Flying vs Bug-Flying: 6 (x2 bug weakness) = 12

"Dear fellow, have you ever heard of the TM, Sky Attack?" Gentleman Jacques asks.

Dowak glows for a moment before spinning the bone club furiously around, propelling themselves high into the air before unleashing the full fury of a legendary bird.

"What... it can't be... it's impossible..." Bug Catcher Dan says as Venofree drops out of the sky.

Gentleman Jacques is victorious!

Gentleman Jacques: +$100
Bug Catcher Dan: +$50

Gambling Payouts
Gentleman Jacques: -$58 +$116

Bug Catcher Dan is now at 1/3 ($100 winning bet = $133)
Gentleman Jacques is now at 3/4 ($100 winning bet = $175)

Fan Roll
Bug Catcher Dan: 3 +1 (great battle), -3 (losing) = +1 fan!
Gentleman Jacques: 5, +1 (great battle), +1 (rare pokemon)  = +7 fans!

The league table has been updated.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: POKÉMON FUSION LEAGUE! - The eleventh battle has been decided!
« Reply #189 on: May 22, 2019, 10:19:18 am »

How about a grudge match, Accel?

I'd also be up for a grudge match against Leo or William, but they must be the ones to place the challenge since I won the last matches with them. I really want the moral victory of finishing with the most fans.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

BATTLE TWELVE
PokéManiac Leo -- Sullen John
Mewish --  Mafing
VS

"Since psychic is the only offensive type this one has, I see no point in trying to be secretive. Mewish, do, uh, Psywave. You can learn that in Gen I, right? Yeah, it's like TM46 or something."

[vaguely irritated Mewish noises]

"Look, it's not that I'm not taking this seriously, it's just that the bug dude is obviously going to win and I'm going to have to settle for Plan B, acquiring money and power through strategic assassination and organised crime. The tournament is just a good way to train you for later when we have to extort people. So go on, beat this weird gas sac up for its lunch money!"

Mewish seems to accept this argument, nodding thoughtfully before spitting out a little RSS symbol that smacks into Sullen John's pokéfusion...

"Hold on, isn't Psywave really buggy in Gen I? I hope nothing weird happens."

But something weird does happen! On the opponent's side, the attack appears to do 0 damage, while Leo sees the enemy pokéfusion faint. The two combatants are desynchronised, and only the referee can say who really won...

Mewish's Psychic vs Poison: 3 (x2 poison weakness) = 6
Mafing's Fight vs Grass-Poison: 2 (x.5 poison strength) = 1

Mafing doesn't even get its rolling kick off the ground before being overcome by the Psywave.

Pokemaniac Leo is victorious!

PokéManiac Leo: +$100
Sullen John: +$50

Gambling Payouts
PokéManiac Leo is at 3/4:
Fusion Ace ♀ Accel: -$150 +$263

PokéManiac Leo is now at 3/5 ($100 winning bet = $160)
Sullen John is now at 2/1 ($100 winning bet = $300)

Fan Roll
PokéManiac Leo: 3, +1 (great battle), +1 (rare pokemon)  = +5 fans!
Sullen John: 6 -3 (losing), +1 (rare pokemon) = +4 fans!

The league table has been updated.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 22, 2019, 10:28:29 am »

Challenge Update

Bug Catcher Dan can shop or bet. (If Bug Catcher has another challenge, he can then challenge PokéManiac Leo for a grudge match.)

PokéManiac Leo can shop or bet. (Once Cool Trainer William has had another challenge, he could be approached for a grudge match.)

Cool Trainer ♂William can challenge Fusion Ace ♀ Accel or Sullen John.

Gentleman Jacques has challenged Fusion Ace ♀ Accel to a grudge match, but Fusion Ace ♀ Accel must fight someone else first before she can fight Gentleman Jacques again.

Sullen John can make a challenge.

Reminder: the competition ends when the final bout is concluded. This is due in 3 bouts time unless we get a new challenger. Winnings from the final bout will be converted directly into merchandise for more fans. If anyone else wants to buy fans, they must do so before the end of the final bout.

If you want to make a grudge match, please do so, but both fighters must have faced someone else since they last fought each other.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: POKÉMON FUSION LEAGUE! - The twelfth battle has been decided!
« Reply #192 on: May 22, 2019, 11:21:51 am »

How much Do I have right now?

Also, Fusion Ace Accel challenges Bug Catcher Dan to a grudge match.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 22, 2019, 11:28:41 am »

Dan declines Accel's challenge and uses $50 to get another fan.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 22, 2019, 11:33:06 am »

How much Do I have right now?

I always update the character post (the second in the thread) after each bout. Did people not realise that?

You have $263!

Dan declines Accel's challenge and uses $50 to get another fan.
Bug Catcher Dan Puts Out A New Line of Butternat Plushies

-$50
+1 fan
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16