Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: POKÉMON FUSION LEAGUE! - The league has over and the winner has been announced!  (Read 18016 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: POKÉMON FUSION LEAGUE! - The first bout has been decided!
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2019, 09:27:40 pm »

EDIT: Two things I’d like to note, A. Butternat actually looks like a real Pokemon, and B. nice job poaching the only ghost, Tric.
Thanks, I guess. And if TricMagic had done his fusion the other way around, he would have had a pokémon with 1/4 damage from bug. Ghost is a very good type defensively because of it's immunities. But offensively it's only effective against other Ghost type pokémons since the Psychic type is immune to it in Gen I.

Wondering if I should use the money I have to bet or save it for later, since matches are limited and they are the main source of money.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2019, 09:31:21 pm »

So...the only photo I can see is George.

EDIT: Also, for everyone wondering, Cool Trainer is what Ace Trainers we’re called in Gen 1.
That is strange. It's not that important, but if you want to see the selection you can follow each image's link.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2019, 09:34:32 pm »

So...the only photo I can see is George.

EDIT: Also, for everyone wondering, Cool Trainer is what Ace Trainers we’re called in Gen 1.
That is strange. It's not that important, but if you want to see the selection you can follow each image's link.
Tried that actually, it seems the link on the cool trainer one at least, was a bad link.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2019, 09:37:00 pm »

Well as expected, I just used the Gen 1 sprite.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2019, 09:40:32 pm »

PokéManiac Leo accepts the battle, calling Oddpix out with a cape flourish rendered only slightly ridiculous by his dino legs!

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

Also, for the record, most of the image links are giving 403 Forbidden. I imagine bulbagarden isn't designed for hotlinking.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 09:42:30 pm by Maximum Spin »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2019, 09:40:39 pm »

Ok, so yeah, I did a mix of type matchup testing and some “I think this looks cool” in my creation of Arban.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: POKÉMON FUSION LEAGUE! - The battles commence!
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2019, 09:59:58 pm »

The trainer sprites issue should be fixed now. I stopped being rude to Bulbapedia and went ahead and hosted my own copies. Also took the opportunity to give the miner sprite transparency.

Challenge Update

Fusion Ace ♀ Accel can make a challenge.

Bug Catcher Dan can make a challenge.

Cool Trainer ♂William can make a challenge.

Sullen John has challenged Miner George! - Waiting on Miner George to either decline or accept and announce their attack.

PokéManiac Leo has accepted Gentleman Jacques's challenge and announced their attack - Waiting on Gentleman Jacques to announce their attack.

Ok, so yeah, I did a mix of type matchup testing and some “I think this looks cool” in my creation of Arban.
Getting a decent looking pokefusion is important!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2019, 10:05:59 pm »

Having almost forgotten, Leo also bets $100 on himself.
"Bring it, old man!"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2019, 10:08:02 pm »

Name: Cool Trainer ♂William
Appearance: A young man with short, slightly spiky, blond hair. He wears a red and blue jacket over a white tee shirt and jeans.
Money: $200
Fans: 0
Trait: Evolver
-$50 -$50 -$50 -$50
Evolve Abran into

Alaking

I’ll challenge Accel.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2019, 04:00:57 am »

Pikaduo, I choose you!

Pikaduo first uses his speed to evade, sometimes even appearing at two places at once [Double Team], this made even more confusing by the two heads. This puts him in position to fire out a spiraling arc of AC current (by alternating heads) into Oddpix. [Thunder Wave]. Then...

...if Pikaduo is going to win the bout, he gets close to the paralyzed Oddpix and unleashes a barrage of talon and beak to soften his opponent [Fury Attack] for the finisher. To add insult to injury, the finishing move shall be the notoriously inaccurate [Thunder], which might take an attempt or two to land, but with a paralyzed opponent that shouldn't cause a problem.

...if Pikaduo is going to lose the bout, he sweats at the failed paralysis and prepares a shimmering, absorbing field of electricity [Light Screen] but this fails as Oddpix's attack isn't Special. The attack goes right through, delivering a finishing blow.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2019, 05:14:43 am »

BATTLE TWO
Gentleman Jacques  --  PokéManiac Leo
Pikaduo  --  Oddpix
VS

Oddpix opens by vomiting Acid onto Pikaduo with its poison typing! The stadium is filled with that annoying squeegee sound.

Pikaduo first uses his speed to evade, sometimes even appearing at two places at once [Double Team], this made even more confusing by the two heads. This puts him in position to fire out a spiraling arc of AC current (by alternating heads) into Oddpix. [Thunder Wave].

Oddpix's Poison vs Flying-Normal: 2 = 2
Pikaduo's Electric vs Fire: 1 = 1

Pikaduo gets close to the paralyzed Oddpix. He sweats at the failed paralysis and prepares a shimmering, absorbing field of electricity [Light Screen] but this fails as Oddpix's attack isn't Special. The attack goes right through, and Oddpix bursts out with another barrage of acid... delivering a finishing blow to Pikaduo!

PokéManiac Leo is victorious!

PokéManiac Leo: +$100
Gentleman Jacques: +$50

Gambling Payouts
Odds on 1:2 for Leo:
PokéManiac Leo: -$100 +$150

PokéManiac Leo is now joint league favourite with 1/3 odds ($100 winning bet = $133)
Gentleman Jacques now has odds at evens 1/1 ($100 winning bet = $200)

Fan Roll
PokéManiac Leo: 3, +1 (great battle) = +4 fans!
Gentleman Jacques: 4, -3 (losing), +1 (great battle!) = +2 fans!

The league table has been updated.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: POKÉMON FUSION LEAGUE! - The second bout has been decided!
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2019, 08:15:30 am »

By the way, If anyone wants to challenge me I'm available. Waiting to see if someone decides to challenge me or not before spending money.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2019, 08:20:55 am »

People are going to challenge you, that’s the point of the game :p
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2019, 08:39:20 am »

Anyone can spend money at any time before the moment someone has decided a pokefusion+attack for their fight. Bug Catcher Dan has 48 hours max after his last fight to challenge or accept a challenge.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 09:08:46 am by notquitethere »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2019, 08:52:02 am »

So, can I challenge someone and then use the money to evolve or fuse after they accept?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16