Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: POKÉMON FUSION LEAGUE! - The league has over and the winner has been announced!  (Read 17999 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

Challenge Leo to a grudge match.

Last time you got lucky when the paralysis missed. Now I've got some reliable power. Your pocket monster looks smart now, so how about we see if that's enough to save you? Didn't save this boy here.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

I've had a little think and people should make type move attacks based on full knowledge of what exactly they're fighting, however the mechanics are open so anyone can see what their opponent might turn their pokefusions into.

As the rules on this was unclear, hector13 & randomgenericusername are you happy for me to go ahead and process the Butterfree vs Zuffing fight?

I am, but I’m not the one with the issue.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've had a little think and people should make type move attacks based on full knowledge of what exactly they're fighting, however the mechanics are open so anyone can see what their opponent might turn their pokefusions into.

As the rules on this was unclear, hector13 & randomgenericusername are you happy for me to go ahead and process the Butterfree vs Zuffing fight?

I guess the problem would be that whoever posts later would have an advantage over the other, and allowing one to change after one has already decided would lead to constant changes to actions like which pokémon to fuse to counter the opponent's fusion, which would lead to the opponent doing the exact same. In the end, whoever posts last would have an advantage over the other, as they can just wait for their opponent to decide what to do before picking a perfect type counter.

How about this: All shopping can only happen while one hasn't challenged or accepted anyone's challenge, so people don't end doing edits and changes to their actions depending of what the other does.

Right now, I'm fine with hector13 changing fusions as long as I can also change my action based on the new pokéfusion's type, since he probably was going to do it regardless and just didn't have the time. Basically just attack with Bug instead of with Flying.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well no, because you changed your pokefusion after you accepted my challenge (which you did prior to your most recent fight) and I knew you were delaying our fight because you needed the cash to change your fusion.

Had I changed my fusion before that, you wouldn’t have changed your fusion. You assumed I wouldn’t (or couldn’t) change my fusion, when I hadn’t yet selected which of my six possible fusions to use in our fight.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

OK clarified ruling:

No more changing pokefusions after you have accepted or made a challenge.

There is some slight benefit from accepting a challenge here (you have the ability to change your fusions before accepting), but the challenger has a clear advantage to begin with as they can select the opponent they're most likely to beat.

I will process the Butterfree vs Zuffing, with Butterfree making a bug attack.

Also while I'm at it:

From now on, if you can't afford to refuse a challenge (and you have the opportunity to sell beforehand) you must accept.

I'll process the Butterfree vs Zuffing fight within the next few hours.

Challenge Update

Sullen John and Bug Catcher Dan fight is pending!

Gentleman Jacques has challenged PokéManiac Leo to a grudge match! PokéManiac Leo can accept or decline at no cost. (Reminder: grudge matches don't count towards win/loss ratio or give winnings, but you can bet on them and they can change your fan count.)

Fusion Ace ♀ Accel has challenged Sullen John, and he can accept or decline after his fight has been processed.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(No, actually I would still have changed the fusion and I think I said I was going to accept after that fight was done so I could change the fusion before the challenge, regardless of what you did. I just said I'm fine with you fighting with Zuffing too, just that I would have to change the type of the attack I was going to do. I don't really mind you changing the fusion now since we still do super effective damage against each other.)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

BATTLE SEVEN
Bug Catcher Dan --  Sullen John
Butterfree --  Zuffing
VS

Dan waves at his large amount of fans and turns towards Sullen John.

"Oh, you still want to fight. Even after seeing the power of Buttermoth, who defeated all of his opponents, you aren't declining the challenge?"

"You have already lost! Bug Bite!"

Dan dramatically points towards his opponent as Buttermoth flies towards the enemy's Zuchop and bites it with insect intensity.

"Too slow! Buttermoth is the ultimate Pokéfusion!"

"Zuffing, use Bounce!" shouts Sullen John.

Zuffing proceeds to bounce off the ground and into Buttermoth, spinning like a bowling ball, releasing a loud *parp* on contact.

Buttermoth's Bug vs Poison: 6 (x2 poison weakness) = 12 (+2 evolved attack) (+1 type affinity attack) = 15
Zuffing's Flying vs Bug-Poison: 6  (x2 bug weakness) = 12  (-1 type affinity defense) (-1 evolved defense) = 10

Buttermoth starts really chowing down on Zuffing and there's puffs of poison everywhere. Eventually referees have to come and separate the fusions. When they do, it's clear Zuffing has lost.

Bug Catcher Dan is victorious

Bug Catcher Dan : +$100
Sullen John: +$50

Gambling Payouts
Sullen John -$17

Bug Catcher Dan is now at 1/6 ($100 winning bet = $117)
Sullen John is now at 2/2 ($100 winning bet = $200)

Fan Roll
Bug Catcher Dan: 5, +1 (great battle) = +6 fans!
Sullen John : 1, +1 (great battle), -3 (losing), +1 (rare pokemon)  = +0 fans!

The league table has been updated.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Challenge Update

Bug Catcher Dan can challenge Gentleman Jacques, or he can encourage some new person to join the league for him to challenge.

Gentleman Jacques has challenged PokéManiac Leo to a grudge match! PokéManiac Leo can accept or decline at no cost. (Reminder: grudge matches don't count towards win/loss ratio or give winnings, but you can bet on them and they can change your fan count.)

Fusion Ace ♀ Accel has challenged Sullen John, and he can accept or decline after his fight has been processed.

Cool Trainer ♂William can make a challenge.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

"Um, all right, just let me..."
-$100.

"You can do it, Oddtwo! Probably!"
Accept Jacques' challenge!

Spoiler: move (click to show/hide)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

An interesting move to spend money to win a grudge match. Even then, I have the advantage.

Cuchu, I choose you!
Get 'em with a Bone Rush! Wait, does that exist yet? Er, maybe Double-Edge?

Cuchu shakes his head.

Oh, come on! You can learn it by leveling in the future, so why not by TM now? That makes me mad. Stomping Tantrum!

A silent, neutral look betrayed by a single bead of sweat.

Argh, why were you so boring in Gen I? Only two of your moves are even Ground type! Do a Rage or something!

A nod followed by a relentless attack only made stronger as damage piles on...
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

$50 on Cuchu

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is something to be said I've only had 1 fight....

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

I'd like to buy a new, common, Pokémon.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

I'd like to buy a new, common, Pokémon.
$-100

Rolling... 88

You've got... a Grimer!

Grimer is poison-type pokemon.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile