Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Non-civilised, pet and servant strange mood  (Read 1224 times)

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Non-civilised, pet and servant strange mood
« on: May 10, 2019, 10:20:23 am »

I add [STRANGE_MOODS] to gremlins, trolls, cyclops, satyrs, blendecs and colossi. But they not make artifact. When I add strange moods to goblins, they make a lot of artifacts. In fortress mode tame gremlins and trolls can have strange mood. But why they cannot make artifacts in worldgen?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Non-civilised, pet and servant strange mood
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 10:53:42 am »

They have to be citizens of a civ to make artifacts. In world gen, unless they're part of a civ of their own, they won't be citizens, only pets, even if they are intelligent.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 11:06:51 am »

They have to be citizens of a civ to make artifacts. In world gen, unless they're part of a civ of their own, they won't be citizens, only pets, even if they are intelligent.
If make they heroes?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 02:09:20 pm »

Maybe, but you'd have to get rid of the pet tags entirely for that to work I bet. I think they might also have to be a historical figure...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 02:15:20 pm »

Maybe, but you'd have to get rid of the pet tags entirely for that to work I bet. I think they might also have to be a historical figure...
I add [POWER] to cyclopes and colossi, but they not make artifact. Will heroes really work?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 05:11:31 pm »

Dunno, have to try it. Megabeasts aren't going to become heroes though
I make Spellcrafts!

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2019, 05:23:59 pm »

Satyr and blendec can be hero or not?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2019, 07:56:04 pm »

Animal people, plump helmet men and gorlaks are the only critters which join civs (in worldgen).

Megabeasts with power and a strange_moods tag, maybe? But you'd have to generate a lot of worlds to determine if megabeasts playing God will ever create an artifact.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 07:57:51 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2019, 06:44:30 am »

Animal people, plump helmet men and gorlaks are the only critters which join civs (in worldgen).

Megabeasts with power and a strange_moods tag, maybe? But you'd have to generate a lot of worlds to determine if megabeasts playing God will ever create an artifact.
If add token to satyr and blendec for produce heroes.

I add megabeasts power and strange moods, but test not many worlds.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2019, 08:56:30 am »

No reason they shouldn't. The main reason is that it will be very, very rare.

3 or 4 non-civilized races will join civs so you have to wait for a group of satyr to join a civ.

Sometimes they join in their hundreds, other times just a couple. So you need a world in which they join a civ in decent numbers. That will take a few attempts.

Then of those, they have to produce moods. There's a lot of competition for mooding. But for testing if it actually works at all, try removing moods from dwarves, that should encourage moods to occur in your own races (better still make a whole civ of satyr too).

(And megabeasts taking over civs are incredibly rare these days. Maybe in the next release they'll have ambitions to do so).
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 08:58:21 am by Shonai_Dweller »

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2019, 10:22:56 am »

No reason they shouldn't. The main reason is that it will be very, very rare.

3 or 4 non-civilized races will join civs so you have to wait for a group of satyr to join a civ.

Sometimes they join in their hundreds, other times just a couple. So you need a world in which they join a civ in decent numbers. That will take a few attempts.

Then of those, they have to produce moods. There's a lot of competition for mooding. But for testing if it actually works at all, try removing moods from dwarves, that should encourage moods to occur in your own races (better still make a whole civ of satyr too).

(And megabeasts taking over civs are incredibly rare these days. Maybe in the next release they'll have ambitions to do so).
I add no satyr civ, but add gremlins to variant of kobolds (skulking may be kobold or gremlin or gnome or dark gnome).

For moods I add satir and blendec heroes and will test it.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2019, 07:52:03 am »

Gremlins in gremlin civ can create artifact, even with no_artifact_claims (gremlin make gremlin bone earring, dragon theft it). Other I will test.